Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

25 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

The instruction manual for Super Mario Bros says he's a dark sorcerer of black magic.

I'm just basing my answer what we've seen him do in the games.  Can Bowser necromance?  I wouldn't doubt it but we've never seen him do it in the games.  We've seen Kamek do it...hell we've seen him do it to Bowser repeatedly.  Also apparently the Koopa Kids demonstrated they can do it too.  I mean by proxy I think it'd be weird if everyone around him could do it and he couldn't but he's just never demonstrated it.  I know you probably weren't expecting a serious answer to this lol.

Edit:

20 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Like, is he a serial rapist? 😂

I'm not answering this one lol.

Edited by Sonichuman
13 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Can Bowser necromance? 

I would assume so. In New Super Mario Bros., he is still able to move and attack even after Mario melts him into bones. He could be using his magic to keep himself alive up until Bowser Jr. fully revives him for the final battle.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yup, so remember every time you smash a set of bricks in SMB...you just offer some Mushroom Kingdom folk.....Murderer Mario. 

It says in the manual that the mushrooms (I guess those are the Toads before they were officially named) were turned into ? Blocks and give you items. So maybe Mario isn’t an accidental mass murderer.

image0.png

So I finished Dynasty Warriors right now.  I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on the series because I'm far from it.  Keeping that in mind, based on what I know of the series saying this movie was pretty bad is probably still overstating.  Even with me saying that this movie is DEFINITELY Dynasty Warriors.  The fights are over the top, some prominent characters from the series are in it, and its a super cheesy romp.  Hell even the music they have playing in the movie feels like Dynasty Warriors!   I had to look up who's been doing the music for the series and compare it to who was responsible to the music cause I almost swore it was going to be the same person ( From looking it up...it isn't so hats off to Yusuke on that).   Some of the locations are pretty nice where they shot as well. 

"So if the movie screams DW Sonic...what's the problem?"  Well...unfortunately I feel it's combination of both the source material itself and the horrible production.  The weapon prop look cheap AF, the CG and green screen is often times some of the worst I've seen, and I halfway didn't even know what the hell was going on with the story.  I was not expecting their to be horse drifting in this movie but they it slightly with Lu Bu and then went full on horse on the ground sliding on the side for 10 seconds with Cao Cao a few moments later to dodge some trees.  I was in tears at some of this.  There was a fight later on with Lu Bu and 3 protagonists in a caver after fighting while going down over a river and they had Lu Bu run along side a wave sideways on his horse like he was Sonic/Flash and then there was another moment where he jumped? (Flew?  I don't know...The wire work in this movie was inelegant to say the lease)  and he's looking down at the 3 and you can see the shadow of the actor against the green screen.  I had to rewind it to make sure I wasn't seeing stuff lol.

I think only people  who really like Dynasty Warriors will probably get a semi kick out of this or it's a nice drunk movie but beyond that I highly doubt anybody else will get anything out of it.  If anybody else watches this movie then please tell me what you thought about it lol.

18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Like, is he a serial rapist? 😂

No, but it's a well known fact that Kirby eats ass.

18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

No for real, he's always locking Peach up in a cage and shit! In Odyssey he wants to marry her. You don't think he's thought about forcing his reptilian parts on her?

He's just a kinky simp, you gon kink shame him now?

16 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

DDLC has a scene that’s censored on the PS version. Spoilers just in case.

Hide contents

The team stated that this is the only change they had to make, but that just begs the question why would Sony even make them do that for what is a M-rated game?

Because Sony is becoming more-and-more incompetent when it comes to censoring and content filtering through the proper channels.

there’s been games that are rated M that get censored and changed so much they become E10+ or Teen. It’s absolutely stupid. 

I know Salvato is an American developer but Sony is giving less and less fucks about indie support and Japanese devs in order to support flag ship titles that cater to the “key demographics” in the west. 

sony doesn’t even consider their home country of Japan a demographic or part of their console plans and content initiatives. And that’s a trend that’s been happening since around the middle of the PS4’s life cycle. Arguably sooner 

Edited by iStu X

hahaha, why has Sony become the pussified company of the games industry in the past couple of years?  It's a real shame, man....you'd think they got infiltrated by some American Boomers and libs or something. (*since Libs have become the side that now thinks everything is "problematic" for 1 reason or another)  I'd prefer my entertainment *not* be sanitized by baby-soft chumps like that.  I'm not sure they realized that the company now stands out in quite a bad way on this issue.  We don't need companies trying to be "Mommy", as if we're all still 8 years old and not yet ready to see a good R-rated film.  That shit is more irritating the more I think about it; fuck THAT.

I got back into some more Destroy All Humans a little while ago... this was such a classic; one of my most played games from the original Xbox.  I'll check another place tomorrow most likely for the Switch version... helll yeah I'm double-dippin' on that greatness.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

DDLC has a scene that’s censored on the PS version. Spoilers just in case.

Reveal hidden contents

The team stated that this is the only change they had to make, but that just begs the question why would Sony even make them do that for what is a M-rated game?

i thought this game was a date simulator what's going on here?

Dunno if I said it but Boomerang X is a really fun game.  Its fast and crazy and...hell, its fun.  I guess people like it as the reviews are positive on Steam and Metacritic.  I don't really look at that stuff but it tells you on the Steam page.  Give a try if you feel like droppin' 20 bucks on something.

I got RE Village.  I get these horror type games but I'm usually too chicken to play/finish them.  Horror movies...they cant even keep my interest, they make me bored.  But scurry games I cant handle.  hmhmhm go figure.

17 hours ago, MillionX said:

hahaha, why has Sony become the pussified company of the games industry in the past couple of years?  It's a real shame, man....you'd think they got infiltrated by some American Boomers and libs or something. (*since Libs have become the side that now thinks everything is "problematic" for 1 reason or another)  I'd prefer my entertainment *not* be sanitized by baby-soft chumps like that.  I'm not sure they realized that the company now stands out in quite a bad way on this issue.  We don't need companies trying to be "Mommy", as if we're all still 8 years old and not yet ready to see a good R-rated film.  That shit is more irritating the more I think about it; fuck THAT.

I got back into some more Destroy All Humans a little while ago... this was such a classic; one of my most played games from the original Xbox.  I'll check another place tomorrow most likely for the Switch version... helll yeah I'm double-dippin' on that greatness.

It's pretty much since they moved their head office to californa

12 hours ago, Chadouken said:

After playing and enjoying Ratchet and Clank: Ript Afart, would it be worth it to play the PS4 remake of the first game?

I heard it’s perfectly fine as a game but OG fans hate for changing the story and being based off the movie. So if you go in knowing the dialogue is going to be lame, I think you may enjoy it.

53 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I heard it’s perfectly fine as a game but OG fans hate for changing the story and being based off the movie. So if you go in knowing the dialogue is going to be lame, I think you may enjoy it.

I keep forgetting that they made a movie about Ratchet and Clank.

Man, that movie didnt even went with a wimp.

15 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I got RE Village.  I get these horror type games but I'm usually too chicken to play/finish them.  Horror movies...they cant even keep my interest, they make me bored.  But scurry games I cant handle.  hmhmhm go figure.

RE8 isn't scary at all.  You will be fine.

It's always interesting to see how other people react to certain memorable story moments in my favorite games... here's one I just checked out of that big moment in Gears 5....major spoiler territory, obviously...heh, you can already see this hit her pretty hard:

I'm interested to see how the story in Gears 6 continues from that... would be cool if it reads the previous save if you played part 5, perhaps, so it's different according to what choice was made.

Edited by MillionX
48 minutes ago, MillionX said:

It's always interesting to see how other people react to certain memorable story moments in my favorite games... here's one I just checked out of that big moment in Gears 5....major spoiler territory, obviously...heh, you can already see this hit her pretty hard:

I'm interested to see how the story in Gears 6 continues from that... would be cool if it reads the previous save if you played part 5, perhaps, so it's different according to what choice was made.

Gears 5 was much better than I expected it to be.  I enjoyed it a lot more than I anticipated I would.  It was also the first game I played on my XSX and it looked fantastic.  I will definitely be getting Gears 6 whenever it comes out.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

I'm really curious what the percentage is between the choice is in that game cause I expect most went with the opposite what she went with if only to not have to face Marcus afterwards.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm really curious what the percentage is between the choice is in that game cause I expect most went with the opposite what she went with if only to not have to face Marcus afterwards.

That was pretty much my exact thought process.  Like how he hell could I do that to Marcus.  No way I coulda done that.