Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Started Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth on my Vita to try it out, since i have been interested on both games for a while, it was a pirated copy so i wanted to see if would like it before purchasing it.

So far i am digging it, so decided to buy it on PS4/Vita, just to find out that it was delisted (the 1st one) from the store for both platforms, with only the "sequel" being on the store.

Googling it to see if i could find a physical copy, i found out that the 2 games in one package is at 70% discount on steam ($15).

Letting you know if anyone is interested, since the discount will be only available for like 9 hours.

It also helps that among the main trio you have a cute tomboy and a cute gyaru

Shuujin_kou_girl_cs.jpg

ECcYunQW4AEnkcF.png

ECcYunfXsAAPLd_.png

bca274b650848af94c29538a7eed2a9907ca9ad3

Mild spoiler for the game (not that you cant deduce who will be her mega evolution partner seeing the digimons she interacts on the 30 mins of the game)

Spoiler

Love the Gunbuster homage on the scene where she gets Omnimon

19ea11022ddec57c06d62879426a8325324ad6ba

Edited by Hecatom
2 hours ago, Gasarocky said:

"Games as a Service"

haha...yeah Games as a Service ----aka Trash, Garbage, "The Worst idea ever in the history of gaming", Doody-juice, etc. 😆

Anyway, yeah Lost Soul Aside needs to come on out there ASAP.  That game has been a day-1 buy for me ever since I first heard of it and saw gameplay clips.

sheeeittt, watching that Lost Soul vid again....

that part around 4:00 or so when the camera is close behind Main Character and he dodges that hailstorm of golden blades.. like he's basically dancing between raindrops....  to dash up to the dude in mid-air....BRUH

shocked holy shit GIF

Whatever Legendary or Special or Ultimate Edition they have planned... I'm already sold.  I need this game ASAP, man.  It's looking like Dante and Bayonetta finally have some proper competition.

I’ll never understand why people do midnights for things. 

one of the amiibo related twitters is posting old pictures of waiting around at midnights or going crazy early before a store opens to get an amiibo 

fucking why? I have every amiibo commercially available and I’ve never done a midnight, never gone to a release early, I’ve never scoured the internet late at night or waiting around for preorders to open. 

why haven’t I? Cause you don’t need to and it isn’t worth the god damn time. 

I get that everyone values their time differently and values of the items. But they’re just little figures. I’ll never understand those aspects of communities 

Even when I worked at GameStop where I did midnights constantly while they’re a lot of fun I just don’t see the point

Edited by iStu X

Midnights are supposed to be a social thing especially if it's for a big competitive type game and you can have tourneys and stuff for people who are waiting  (that's what I did) .  Hanging out with people who are hype for a game.  I get it's not everyone's cup of tea but if its for a game that has a long legacy like MGS does it can be fun just hanging out with other fans of a franchise.

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

You're socially reclusive...of course you don't think its fun. I don't like crowds either. 

I’m not socially reclusive. I just don’t think it’s worth my time. There’s other things I’d rather do and other places I’d rather be 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I dunno man. Talking to you these several years you seem pretty typically introverted. 

Naw. I just don’t have a lot social outlets here where I currently live. I wish I did though. I love meeting new people. 

Edited by iStu X
27 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I get that everyone values their time differently and values of the items.

Even when I worked at GameStop where I did midnights constantly while they’re a lot of fun I just don’t see the point

You literally explain why you do understand it.  I quoted the part where you explain that you understand it.

I mean you have 3000 posts on this forum.  I bet a lot of people wouldn't value that time as being very worthwhile.

Protip: people like different things.

sheeeitttt, they were a fun break from the normal day to day stuff, imo... it's a bit of a downer that the days of a midnight release launch/event are over.  The last one I went to was the launch of the Switch; March 2017....that's a bit odd that 2017 is now "a long time ago".  Gamestop also had some surprisingly cute girls working there occasionally... I remember a niiiice redhead at the Switch launch event.  Silly-ass Hollywood tv/movie casting directors may hate redheads but I can't get enough of them.

...actually I still have the Switch box as well; the "collector"/hoarder side of my brain couldn't let me throw that away.  Haha I still have the WiiU Mario Maker Edition box.  Oddly enough this was a bit rare; for most other systems I didn't care and threw away the box and "system instructions" and all that.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I really don't like seeing 'Exclusive Music' for the digital deluxe edition of Sonic Colors Ultimate...I'll deal I suppose if I'm able to just DL the music later.

For real, man. That is just effing dumb. Other than that gripe Sonic Colors: Ultimate is looking like a DOPE remaster with very sweet added content. 

31 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yoooo Moss 2 is going to be fucking incredible!  The first one is one of my all time favorite games.  Too bad they didn't give a release date though so I'm guessing next year at the earliest.

What's the gameplay of Moss?