Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

How is it "hating just to hate" when I'm giving reasons why I don't like the platform? Sounds like you're defending just to defend. The only argument anyone has here is "Well, I like it and find it useful, so lol, it's not bloatware." I used to pirate a lot of PC games because there was really no difference in how pirated vs Steam games worked unless there are online features.

You going on how one game don't run and you didn't even specify the game. 
I not here to defend as Steam isn't perfect by any means, but you were on this tirate. 

Steam is just an store outlet and framework for updates, Valve have given every publisher/dev specs on how to work with steam.
It's up to that publisher or Dev to implement how they used that steam gave them, as Valve is mostly hands off unless there is a problem. 

Everyone uses a Online store front of some kind now with some program or app that loads and even updates your games.
PlayStation, Xbox/Microsoft, Nintendo, Google, Apple, Epic, Valve, GOG (yes they have GOG Galaxy), Blizzard, Rockstar, etc. 

You got that one crap Japanese game that was poorly made from the get go but you want to throw the whole platform it being hosted on under the bus. 

If you want to get down with it, Steam set the bar on how to set up a online store industry wide 
Everyone else uses or copies (sometimes poorly) their model. 

Nintendo just don't know how online work.  PlayStation's PSN was buggy as fuck on the PS3, It still is in some places on the PS4 and PS5.

Microsoft for the most part got their shit together, but they also used to set up paywalls behind other paywalls.

Steam on it's own without any games is about 988 MB, that's tiny. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's not worth it for a dev or publisher to set up that sort of thing. 

Because why set up the infrastructure when someone else got it all set up and working for you. 
Setting up and managing the Servers take time and money.

3 hours ago, Abbachio said:

Shoddy Japanese PC ports are not Steams fault lol.

It is when I buy those same games from GOG and run them raw from the .exe without a stupid client in the way and launch on the same computer as the steam load just fine. 

Steam was the problem. 

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Lmao at the down vote 😂

PC Master Race should change their name to PC Butthurt Race. They get their panties in a twist every time someone says something negative about their precious environment. "I don't like Steam, it's basically bloatware to me" leads to two days of these goofy chuckle fucks defending steam from one or two dudes random opinions lol. 

Darksakul can be their poster child and spokesman. He can have a foam thumbs down finger he can wave around as he foams at the mouth defending Bethesda Softworks. 

Edited by RSG3

ha, this all reminds me... I actually have Steam and a few PC games....but the last time I played a PC game was probably about 2 years ago, maybe even more.  Aside from the past couple of days out of curiosity, I haven't even logged into my steam in over a year.  Between the stuff I have on Switch (80-ish games) and XB1 (a bit over 100) at this point, there isn't much desire to go back to anything on PC at the moment....most of the good stuff tends to release on consoles anyway....and if I have a choice in the matter, I will always prefer to play a game on a console....especially Switch since that has the added bonus of being truly portable.

VTM: Blood Hunt tempts me to get another gaming machine soon though... since this one I'm on currently can't handle anything anyway.....but even with that one.... I think Blood Hunt might end up hitting consoles too. 

heh, and I've mentioned it before... back in 2012, if I knew Diablo 3 was also headed to consoles, I never would've wasted money on that shitty PC version. 😆  Once the superior console versions came out, I never looked back, basically.

Edited by MillionX
8 minutes ago, MillionX said:

especially Switch since that has the added bonus of being truly portable.

This.

The whole console wars are silly. Always have been. Exclusives are what truly move the needle, and besides that it's all about some cost-benefit management that really varies from person to person.

The real winner has been out of this foolishness since the Wii.

Nintendo been putting out bangers since most of us were kids, and now they keep outdoing themselves with truly unique additions to the gaming world.

if were keeping it 💯 , PC is the winner of the console wars for running GOAT of the Wild on 4k/60fps through emulation. Enhancing these quality games even further is what truly makes it the Master Race.

And we can just pick the Switch up and keep playing while taking a dump like the glorious days of the Game Boy then hook it back up on the TV when we're done with no hassle. Seamless transition.

Truly a blessed console.

Wow.gif

@HawkingbirdI just beat Edge of Eternity. I thought it was solid it experience. There is the occasional jank but considering the game was made by like 11 dudes I'm satisfied. I paid like $20 back when this was in early access, by mistake. Don't regret it. I'd be satisfied if I paid $60 for it. If I had to rate it on a 10 scale, I'd give it a 7. 

Side note: There is something about playing games made people that are passionate. It's an intangible there that I can't really quantify. It doesn't seem to be there for a lot of big budget releases.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdI just beat Edge of Eternity. I thought it was solid it experience. There is the occasional jank but considering the game was made by like 11 dudes I'm satisfied. I paid like $20 back when this was in early access, by mistake. Don't regret it. I'd be satisfied if I paid $60 for it. If I had to rate it on a 10 scale, I'd give it a 7. 

Side note: There is something about playing games made people that are passionate. It's an intangible there that I can't really quantify. It doesn't seem to be there for a lot of big budget releases.

You can tell certain games were a little of love to make and that makes playing them so much more rewarding. I feel that way about Symphony of the Night. You get a sense that there was a lot of passion involved with the people who made that game.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

PC Master Race should change their name to PC Butthurt Race. They get their panties in a twist every time someone says something negative about their precious environment. "I don't like Steam, it's basically bloatware to me" leads to two days of these goofy chuckle fucks defending steam from one or two dudes random opinions lol. 

Darksakul can be their poster child and spokesman. He can have a foam thumbs down finger he can wave around as he foams at the mouth defending Bethesda Softworks. 

Get a hobby

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

As someone that games on both console and PC, I just laugh man. The whole back and forth is just dumb. Then you have the subset of PS/XB gamers that complain about PC gamers looking down on them while they look down on Switch owners. It takes me back to when I was in middle school.

We should go back to the 90's where you were either camp Nintendo or camp Sega.

Or you were just a weirdo who had a 3DO/Jaguar

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea see, I have a hobby. Pretty dumb of you to tell me to get one when I got a perfectly fine one right here already

So you admit you only post just to try to get to me. You know dr Mario post is a fucking hot take but you going to white knight it as I disagree. 

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

So you admit you only post just to try to get to me. You know dr Mario post is a fucking hot take but you going to white knight it as I disagree. 

It's only a hot take because you're so soft that if anyone criticizes the store you shop at, you get down in your feelings about it and make passive aggressive reactions. RSG will say so if he disagrees with something I said and will do that with anyone here, not just you. Ol babyshit soft ass.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

It's only a hot take because you're so soft that if anyone criticizes the store you shop at, you get down in your feelings about it and make passive aggressive reactions. RSG will say so if he disagrees with something I said and will do that with anyone here, not just you. Ol babyshit soft ass.

Yeah, baby shit soft ass that can't get some game to run on PC

2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

So you admit you only post just to try to get to me.

No dumbass, I'm just trolling you right now because you're a goofy fuck who insists on having the last word and saying stupid shit like "Get a hobby" on a fucking videogame web forum. 

If one where to look at my posting history they would easily see my posts to you are a small fraction of my total posting history here. 

Stop playing the victim acting like I'm picking on you as if you don't do the same shit to other posters like Stu, calling him Stuart when you know he hates that. 

Grow the fuck up Darksakul. You're not important enough for anyone to dedicate the time to make the quoted statement remotely true. The self importance to think anyone here cares enough to dedicate all their time here to picking on you exclusively is fucking embarrassing to watch. Move on the fuck on. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Yeah, baby shit soft ass that can't get some game to run on PC

I got them to run once the steam client got over whatever issue it was having. Again, I don't need an interloping party between my games and my operating system. Apparently you do though and can't seem to understand why anyone else wouldn't, so I guess we're done. 

Edited by DoctaMario

Anyway, I got through Sen's Fortress a bit ago and am in Anor Londo right now, but have been stick at "the part." Good thing is, I can see what needs to be done, but I tried using my Reinforced Club R2 to hit one of the archers and proceeded to jump off the side because it moved a little farther than I thought it would. It's a beautiful area though, and it's a little freaky how deserted it is. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

my posts to you are a small fraction of my total posting history here. 

Yet here you are. 

All looser arguments from a piss poor console player who can't follow up with facts so he has to go petty insults. 

Edited by DarkSakul
Fucking sponge

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

Yet here you are

Yea 30 seconds of my time while I take my morning dump. Real dedication you fuckin numb nut. 

Anyway my brother bought The Messenger last night. Games pretty dope. Once you get the hang of how the double jump works you can really carve your own path through a stage. It's pretty awesome. 

Music's fire to. 

Edited by RSG3
On 6/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, DoctaMario said:

How is it "hating just to hate" when I'm giving reasons why I don't like the platform? Sounds like you're defending just to defend. 

Dunno what is it, but i find the pc beggers to be even more aggressive when defending their gaming platform of choice than console fanboys. 

On 6/29/2021 at 6:17 AM, KingTubb said:

Anyone here play Wolfenstein: Youngblood?

Is it any good? I know people had issues with the story or whatever, but is the combat and everything any fun?

Loved the first two games and have been thinking about them lately

The game was terribad. 

It forced rpg mechanics on all the wrong places. 

Any fun you could have with the gameplay is ruined by bullet sponge enemies with specific weapons used for certain enemies and boring repetitive missions that will have you going back and forth on the map for fetch quests that amount to nothing. 

Then add that the story and characters are bad. 

Also, playing it solo is horrendous since the companions ai is useless. 

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I thought that was the PC FX, the console NEC did without Hudsonsoft.

IIRC, there were not region lock on the console, so all the PC Engine games ran on the Turbo Grafx, but i could be remembering wrong, so don't quote me on that.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So I get an email telling me I can test this game.  Go download it now and make an account and play.  Fuckin' shit...wont let me play.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yo, @MillionXdo they have a beta for that on console?  You finna get down on it?  I see you talk about the game here but I'm not sure you'll play it cause its that online only battle royal type game.

Oh hell yeah... if it hits console (*edit---ah, yep it looks like it IS planned for console as well) I am absolutely down for it there if I can get into the beta or closed alpha/whatever.  It's possible I may be getting a gaming laptop sometime soon so if I do I'll try to get on it there as well....this game's upcoming existence has kinda fast-tracked that decision lately.  I had another pc laptop that was capable of running some games but the damn thing died on me (most likely internal hdd failure)....and at this point I'd just rather get a new thing anyway with more capable/current specs.  Outstar's mention the other day of more vamp clans being added later helped sell it that much more for me.  I'm curious as to which ones get added first. (in the lore, there's 13 clans so that's quite a bit to choose from there...)

I think 2 of the main ones that may be added first would be Lasombra (cool shadow-related powers) and Tremere (blood mages)...those are a pretty big deal in the lore, and would fit well into an action-oriented game.  Tzimisce could be pretty interesting in an action context as well due to the transformation, if they are true to the lore (they specialize in a discipline that lets them transform their body....or other people's bodies.  At a certain level they get a monstrous form called "Zulo" or "War form".)

Edited by MillionX