Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

21 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Press Release of the MKL: Battle of the Realms animated movie

https://nerdreactor.com/2021/06/23/mortal-kombat-legends-battle-of-the-realms-announced/

New info: regarding the Special Features:

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Special Features
Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital

● The God and the Dragon: Battling for Earthrealm (Featurette) – Go behind the scenes and inside the creative process of bringing Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms to action-packed life on screen.
● Voices of Kombat (Featurette) – Join Joel McHale, Jennifer Carpenter, and the cast as they detail the process of creating unique and compelling voices for the larger-than-life characters in the film.
● Kombat Gags: Gag Reel (Featurette) – Step inside the VO booth with the cast of the film for all of the flubbed lines and outrageously improvised lines from the cutting room floor.
● Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms Audio Commentary (Audio Only) – Producer Rick Morales and Screenwriter Jeremy Adams take the audience inside the art of writing and animating the film in this feature length audio commentary

I swear to god if they do my boy Liu Kang dirty again....

spacer.png

Edited by CDB2k20
4 hours ago, Lantis said:

Dunno, looks the same as she was in XIV (unless that version bothered you too)

Oddly enough aside from just looking five years too late, I had no problems with XIV design. I don't know how to describe bit but her face looks different to me, maybe it is the shading on the model but her head/face seems smaller?

So my buddy had been talking to me about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and how he's playing it now on Gamepass on his XSX.

I was hating hard and telling him how I don't like those kinda games and welcome to the 2010's.

Then I saw it was on sale on PSN for $13 and youtube some videos of it only to realize it's not what I thought it was lol.  I then realized I was thinking of KOTOR and I hate games like Mass Effect and KOTOR and it's old as shit.

Then I saw Fallen Order looked like Uncharted with the climbing and shit.  And then I heard it's like Dark Souls.  

As someone who isn't a Star Wars fan (I don't hate it or love it, it's just kind of whatever to me), is that game worth checking out if I liked Demon's Souls?

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So my buddy had been talking to me about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and how he's playing it now on Gamepass on his XSX.

I was hating hard and telling him how I don't like those kinda games and welcome to the 2010's.

Then I saw it was on sale on PSN for $13 and youtube some videos of it only to realize it's not what I thought it was lol.  I then realized I was thinking of KOTOR and I hate games like Mass Effect and KOTOR and it's old as shit.

Then I saw Fallen Order looked like Uncharted with the climbing and shit.  And then I heard it's like Dark Souls.  

As someone who isn't a Star Wars fan (I don't hate it or love it, it's just kind of whatever to me), is that game worth checking out if I liked Demon's Souls?

I don't think the game is like Demon's Souls but you do have to think about the way you fight most of the time until you get better and get more powers you'll be playing more defensively.  The game will fuck you up on encounters with enemies if it catches you slippin.  It's not really Uncharted either aside from some of the swinging around and wall running to be honest.  It's just a really good/great but flawed one person Star Wars action adventure with some rpg elements in terms of leveling up.  If I had to compare the DNA of the game I'd probably say the closest thing is Metroid.  There's environmental puzzles to solve, you do some backtracking and getting powers allows you to get into areas you couldn't before.

Edit:  Thinking about it I think Respawn themselves said that the game was kinda influenced by Metroid.

and upon looking it up yeah...they stated it themselves

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-jedi-fallen-orders-exploration-inspired-/1100-6467974/

Edited by Sonichuman
3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't think the game is like Demon's Souls but you do have to think about the way you fight most of the time until you get better and get more powers you'll be playing more defensively.  The game will fuck you up on encounters with enemies if it catches you slippin.  It's not really Uncharted either aside from some of the swinging around and wall running to be honest.  It's just a really good/great but flawed one person Star Wars action adventure with some rpg elements in terms of leveling up.  If I had to compare the DNA of the game I'd probably say the closest thing is Metroid.  There's environmental puzzles to solve, you do some backtracking and getting powers allows you to get into areas you couldn't before.

Okay thanks.

I think based on my buddy hyping it up and how you are explaining it that it's worth the $13 on PSN to grab.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Okay thanks.

I think based on my buddy hyping it up and how you are explaining it that it's worth the $13 on PSN to grab.

It's definitely worth $13 for sure.  The only major gripe I have about the game is the animation in this game does not flow well into each other and at times it can be jarring.  I'm hoping that if EA allows them to do a sequel the game will be even better.  I still need to finish it at some point actually.

Edit:  I also forgot the missed opportunity that they could have done something with the colors for the lightsaber but they just made customizing it purely aesthetic....really disappointing.

Edited by Sonichuman

I felt Fallen Order was like a dark souls lite game.  Its a fun game even if you aren't a star wars fan.

Gonna try out Scarlet Nexus in a bit here.  Game looks really cool.

spacer.png

Gonna play as the dude character first.

I also been playing this game called Dorfromantik.  Its simple but I enjoy it.  Calming music and sounds and I have some fun with it.  Good for passing time I think.

spacer.png

VGM Friday Contribution

Sonic's 30th anniversary concert was really good.  Ohtani and Crush 40 killed their sets at the end.  They touched just about every game in the franchise...even Tails Patrol.  I do find it pretty funny that they seem to just barely touch Sonic 3K and every other track and set had their composers named but when they went to the Sonic 3 set it just said 'Sega' lol 

I'm probably going to make another VGM Friday post for Sonic's 30th anniversary later.

I started up Scarlet Nexus last night.  It seems pretty cool so far.  It looks cool.  I think its an rpg type game with real-time combat stuffs.

You can pick between two characters to play as, I guess both have different stories and such.  I chose the dude.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It an anime looking game...if that means anything.  I dont play a lot of games that look like anime.  Like anime stuff though the story doesnt make any sense to me so far.  But I'll try to pay attention and figure out whats going on. 

Combat so far is pretty simple but fun anyhow.  Get to throw shit thats laying around (cars, concrete dividers, etc.) to maximize the damage of your combo.  I havent really gotten any cool powers yet doe. 

spacer.png

Kinda cool game.  Check it out if you got the time.

spacer.png

Free right now - https://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_trilogy

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
add link to free gog game(s)

I just played the NEO TWEWY Demo for about an hour or so and it’s really fun. I knew I was going to day one it but I’m glad I decided to get the demo.

I mainly downloaded it due to being curious on how the combat/pin system would translate over. Which I feel they did a good job of doing 

The demo save data also carries over but obviously has limitations. The two big ones are: Your max level in the demo is 15 and You cannot hold more than 10 duplicates of a pin. 

I got to the start of Day 2 but I wanted to take a break from it before jumping back in as the neuropathy in my hand was starting to bug me.

Also the sound track is fucking CHOICE. I hope they have it for sale on iTunes the day the game drops cause I’ll pick it up Day One as well. 

Great demo all around. I’m guessing that the demo ends at the end of Day 2. 

Edited by iStu X

anyone buy and playing scarlet nexus? i hear its great. like platinum games great. like nier auto great. its getting positive reviews across the board. im tempted of dropping the full 60 for it.

faltimar. lmk after you unlock powers how it feels in your hands, the combat

Edited by PussyStuffer

I just finished The NEO TWEWY demo. 

Hot damn it’s good. There is only one English VA I genuinely dislike but outside of him I think the cast is great.

I have a feeling there’s gunna be a lot of Nomura bullshit thrown in but like, I love the TWEWY universe so much I don’t fucking care. 😂

I can’t wait until the end of July. 

Edited by iStu X

Man, I just tried to play the remastered version of TWEWY on the switch and holy shit. Whoever thought the motion controls were a good idea should be fucking fired. That shit is abysmal. 

I don’t know if it’ll be any better playing handheld mode but god damn. I’d rather just play the DS version and watch the “Another Day” epilogue. 

Scarlet Nexus!----man, I thought the "face seal" in Scarlet Nexus was that cool "triangle clusters" looking mask you see in the trailer and on the cover art but it's not....it's just 1 triangular design on the character's face.  It's a small nitpick; I'm enjoying that game so far.  I keep thinking how much more enjoyable Code Vein would've been if the combat was like it is in this game....(instead of the janky Dark Souls wannabe bullshit with super-cheap bosses that make you question "did they playtest this at all?" that go on to destroy the power-fantasy as much as possible.)

Outriders...another god-level Pyro build just posted by this dude

On 6/24/2021 at 4:23 PM, Wellman said:

Oddly enough aside from just looking five years too late, I had no problems with XIV design. I don't know how to describe bit but her face looks different to me, maybe it is the shading on the model but her head/face seems smaller?

Japan trends, it really looks smaller in the portrait but in game looks normal to me. 

Her arms look long but remember she's supposed to be like 1.85 M. I wish Snk wasn't afraid of giving women muscles thou same as with thick calves. 

I'm playing a lot of Witcher 3 lately.  Fantastic game of course, but...

I'm doing this quest and i go back for the reward. 

"Take this sword Geralt,it's been in our family for generations, it would be an honor for me if you would wield it. May it serve you well"  

Me : checks it stats. Proceeds to sell it to local vendor.

Edited by Skort

y'know, it kinda irks me when I see some (usually youtube/streamer folks) saying online-only gaming could possibly be better in the future when/if the infrastructure is better, or something like that... but thinking about it again lately... I still don't even agree with that hypothetical future scenario.  That still doesn't solve the problems from games being tied to an internet connection.  Even if the internet was 1000x better than it is today... I still don't like the idea that the consumer's sense of ownership is completely destroyed in a future where all games are online-only "services".  The fact remains that the game goes away at some point no matter how much money was spent on it, and the consumer is ultimately left with nothing.  It turns all games into a rental that *will* end at some point for a big list of reasons that are all beyond your control.  There is NO scenario where it magically becomes a "good thing".  Online-only is conceptually a horrible idea for the consumer.  There is literally no positive spin on it, imo....it cannot ever be improved because the idea is inherently awful in the first fucking place.  I was talking about Anthem just the other day with a friend who was also a fan of the game for a short time...and we're wondering how much longer that game has left.  It will cease to exist very soon.  In fact, he started it up just to see if it was still functional... he plans to get some more time with it while he still can.

Outriders---the latest one I shamefully broke my own rule for... I was thinking about it again lately... it would elevate the game SO much if it was just a normal game that could be played offline like the good ol' days.  (*and I suspect the game would run a lot smoother too)  Cut the internet-reliance cord and add some deep customization and it would be one of my favorite looter/shooters of all time, easily.

Edited by MillionX
20 hours ago, PussyStuffer said:

faltimar. lmk after you unlock powers how it feels in your hands, the combat

Better off reading Millions posts on it.  I'm real slow at games and it'll probably take me a while to get good shit going on.  Someone said I got gaming ADD...I dunno.  I do jump around games a lot.  When I get some good stuff I'll post about it though.

spacer.png

The story is cheesy so far but its ok. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
7 minutes ago, PussyStuffer said:

lol, i always think everything that was on nindy is exclusive to em. cuz nindy

Well this is something of a unique situation in that Nintendo did fund the IP for Wii-U, but Platinum asked if they could port it else where when making the Switch port and Nintendo said that was fine as long as they funded the ports themselves; Nintendo wasn't going to help them. 

So the PS4 and Xbox versions where funded through crowd sourcing. Pretty interesting situation and shows flexibility in Nintendo when it comes to working with smaller studios like Platinum.