Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

Just started the Stranger of Paradise demo, ummm, they're definitely still trying WAY too hard to make this game edgy and nature. Combat isn't all that either, doesn't feel like much weight is behind the attacks. But it IS a demo so I expect improvements next go round 

Edited by HD-Man

sheeeeittt, that brings back the memories again---one of the things that brightened my day when coming home from school was when I noticed a fresh new issue of EGM curled up in the mailbox.  I still have a lot of those old EGM issues...and a few Nintendo Power issues, and Wizard.  I still look through those old EGMs on occasion; it's like a nostalgia time machine in printed form there.  They're all in surprisingly good condition too, despite the fact I never went out of my way to take great care of them...they were just stacked up in a bookshelf for years.

Another channel showing off just how insane the FASERbeam builds are now:

with FASER, you can easily get into the territory of hundreds of millions for damage by the end of an expedition, if it's co-op or just a high-difficulty one....there was one from yesterday where just from the beam alone, I got 53 million damage... my total was something crazy like 120 mil.

Edited by MillionX

Outriders

ok, at this point I'm ready to just give up on trying to get into tier 15 solo.  There are times when I wonder if they even play-tested the higher-difficulty content at all...because it doesn't seem possible if you have anything less than the absolute "best in slot" gear with the best possible build and best possible stats *and* you run the shit perfectly.  Anything short of this specific shit WILL result in you just not beating t14 at all or not getting gold.

One enemy in particular is just too damn ridiculous, man... the "behemoth".  They have insane health values like anything else in high difficulty (probably trillions or quadrillions+ of health, easily)... they are super powerful AND faster than the player character...and that ground slam move they do covers a huge area around them....you literally CAN'T get away from that.  You might say----"eh, just shoot them with an immobilizing effect like ash, freezing, etc. mod effects....haha nope.  That works maybe once or twice, then like any other "elite" class enemy, they will gain a blue aura that means they disregard all that shit....immobilizing effects (even stuff like Trickster's slow time bubble) no longer will work....and of course, enemies in this game always have the help of about 10000 other enemies on screen....in this game, there is no such thing as the player in a 1 on 1 battle with anything...in fact, often times in expeditions, you are fighting at least 2 behemoths + the thousand other enemies all at the same time.  I hate these creatures way more than anything else in the game....each time it just feels like a fight that's straight up inescapable bullshit.

the latest damage though--- total 124 mil... 66 million just from the FASER beam.  I should enjoy this while it lasts...because I guarantee ya they WILL nerf this new beam build into oblivion asap.....since that's what game devs like to do these days....anything that gives the players even a slight advantage has to be "fixed", of course.

edit---well, I beat tier 14....BUT with silver rating for time, of course.  I'm thinking it might not even be possible to get gold without the power of that Acari set bonus....you're just not killing stuff fast enough for that....and of course with the middle tree build, you don't have the phoenix power from the bottom tree, so 1 death and that's it for ya.

Damage this time--> 164 mil....with 83 million just from the FASER beam 🤣

Edited by MillionX

this just in... a few minutes ago on OUTRIDERS!  Hell yeah man...

Changes to Legendary Drops:
  • We’re making some changes to the Legendary Drops. These changes are not live today, but are planned to go live as part of our next patch. Here are the changes you can look forward to:

• Legendary Drop Rates, across the board, will be increased by 100%

• Legendary Level Brackets will be removed, so that all Legendary items can drop at any level.

• Previously, some items could only drop from enemies of certain levels or above. For example, the Ugake Cowl could only drop from enemies of level 48 or higher.

• Legendary Anti-Duplication System will be implemented

• This system will mean that if a character has an item in their inventory or stash and a duplicate item is rolled, the dropped item will be re-rolled once.

• Note that this system does not guarantee that every drop will be unique. Rather, it is designed to provide a second roll at avoiding a duplicate.

• Scripted Boss Loot (Chrysaloid, Yagak) will be able to drop all non-class specific Legendary Helmets

• This change will improve the variety of items in the Campaign.

• Previously, these bosses would only drop a selection of Legendaries (the same pool that was available in the Demo as well as the Cannonball Helmet).

• The Luck system will be improved and players should no longer experience very long droughts without a Legendary item dropped during endgame.

• The base scaling of Legendaries dropping through higher difficulty levels still applies, so you may will still want to farm as high as possible.

On 6/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, KingTubb said:

My dad is about to be bed ridden for 2 weeks and says he wants to game during that time. He only has a wii and hasn’t really gamed since pong. 

any recommendations for a wii game for my 62 year old non-gamer dad that can’t stand up?

I think games like Tetris, Mario and other classics from the 80s/90s would work well, since they are simpler.

You can also try with games like Harvest Moon, i think they are well suited for non gamers as a way to enjoy the medium.

I would also add racing games.

Dunno if you have your Wii moded, since depending on that you could add more games from old gens, like Atari, Sega, etc.

Edited by Hecatom
4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I think games like Tetris, Mario and other classics from the 80s/90s would work well, since they are simpler

I ended up getting him Kirby's epic yarn or whatever, little kings story, and some dogfight/flight sim game. 

thanks for the recommendations tho!

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno if you have your Wii moded, since depending on that you could add more games from old gens, like Atari, Sega, etc.

I think my family only used it for wii sports and wii fit. 

There wasn't anything on the wii that tickled my fancy, so I never spent much time with it. I think the only thing I ever bought and played on it was Skyward Sword 

Just now, KingTubb said:

I ended up getting him Kirby's epic yarn or whatever, little kings story, and some dogfight/flight sim game. 

thanks for the recommendations tho!

I think my family only used it for wii sports and wii fit. 

There wasn't anything on the wii that tickled my fancy, so I never spent much time with it. I think the only thing I ever bought and played on it was Skyward Sword 

I see.

Well, nowdays modding a Wii/WiiU is really easy, so if you are interested i can link you some tutorials.

By now you only really need a Sd with the software needed to mod them.

Hell, even the PSVita is like that XD.

Side note

Which is why i bought a 512gb micro sd to mod my vita, so i can get more from the little machine.

The modding scene even got "stores" for you to download any program or game directly into the Vita.

And i think i will be modding my PS3 and Xbox One as well.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I didn't even know SRK forums were done for good until like 3 months after the forums locked. 

It doesn't help that they still have this message up in GD:

"NOTICE: SRK forums will be in read-only mode for the next week or so for emergency maintenance. Thank you for your patience. --inkblot"

😂

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

It doesn't help that they still have this message up in GD:

"NOTICE: SRK forums will be in read-only mode for the next week or so for emergency maintenance. Thank you for your patience. --inkblot"

😂

Yup.  After seeing that like for 2 weeks I just closed the tab.  Then I randomly thought about it few months later and like WTF it still says that so I went to the main page and saw the news about the whole site being shut down.

And now I miss my fix of gaming chat during the day when I need a mental break from work.

So I'm glad I found you all lol.

I was waiting for SRK to open back up lol.

I also thought RE8 was pretty damn good.  Initially I did not like it that much just because of the enemies and the direction it was going, but once I accepted that it's different and you aren't facing zombies, I was fine with it and thought it turned out awesome.  Although, it was not scary at all, which was a tad disappointing.  The one part everyone talks about was creepy but that was about it.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

And i think i will be modding my PS3 and Xbox One as well.

I don't know anything about XB1 but PS3 is super easy to mod.  They just updated the damn thing, not sure why.  But they've already got CFW and HEN and shit for it.  I didn't update yet cause I don't really need to, I don't need to sign in for any reason.  Just put a couple files on a flash drive and you do most of it on PS3 using the browser.  Hardest part is having the right model PS3.

Vita is a great little handheld to have hacked.  I have a good GTA collection going on and Max Payne and now Bully.  And just a shit load of games and such on the thing.  Its great. 

spacer.png

This damn thing is loaded. 

Hell is Other Demons is fantastic. I have it on Switch.

I was gonna pre-order the special edition of Metroid Dread but Amazon is out of stock. Turns out the special Edition has the game as a digital code.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Best Buy lists it as coming soon same with those Metroid Dread amiibos I'm tryna get.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

29 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Hell is Other Demons is fantastic. I have it on Switch.

I was gonna pre-order the special edition of Metroid Dread but Amazon is out of stock. Turns out the special Edition has the game as a digital code.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Best Buy lists it as coming soon same with those Metroid Dread amiibos I'm tryna get.

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Wait what?  The special edition has the game as a digital code instead of physical?  I'm gonna have to look that up cause if that's the case then fuck that.

Edit:

It comes with the physical game card

https://www.nintendo.com/products/detail/metroid-dread-special-edition/

If it doesn't then you're getting gypped.

Edited by Sonichuman
9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Wait what?  The special edition has the game as a digital code instead of physical?  I'm gonna have to look that up cause if that's the case then fuck that.

Edit:

It comes with the physical game card

https://www.nintendo.com/products/detail/metroid-dread-special-edition/

If it doesn't then you're getting gypped.

Ah, Best Buy had it listed as digital yesterday and that so baffled me. Well if I'm able to pre-order that special edition, I'm def gonna do so. 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Anyone who is worried about Zelda and Loftwibg amiibo shortage, according to the CPSIA documents there were two different manufacturing periods for it. Which means there should be plenty on release day. 

hopefully the same is happening for Metroid Dread’s companion amiibo. 

I hope so...gonna be glad when things start going back to being more so in store than online cause trying to fight the bots is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I hope so...gonna be glad when things start going back to being more so in store than online cause trying to fight the bots is ridiculous.

Same man. I was able to snag my collectors edition and companion amiibo at GameStop. 

I was also to get 2 Zelda Loftwing amiibo for a friend and I at GameStop. I could have gotten 2 more when Walmart had preorders up but I knew I would only be getting them to scalp them and I didn’t want to be that person. So morals prevailed 

If I see preorders for either again though I’ll preorder extras for anyone here that wants them. I have wario64, CAG and amiibo alerts notifications on my phone. So I’ll know the second they go up. 

adventure time advice GIF

14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Same man. I was able to snag my collectors edition and companion amiibo at GameStop. 

I was also to get 2 Zelda Loftwing amiibo for a friend and I at GameStop. I could have gotten 2 more when Walmart had preorders up but I knew I would only be getting them to scalp them and I didn’t want to be that person. So morals prevailed 

If I see preorders for either again though I’ll preorder extras for anyone here that wants them. I have wario64, CAG and amiibo alerts notifications on my phone. So I’ll know the second they go up. 

adventure time advice GIF

Hey if you do man that'd be awesome.  I will for sure send you money.  Paypal?

30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Im fucking over it. So done with this horse shit. The market has never been more frustrating in my opinion. Im nore convinced then ever that an online obly future is a fucking mistake. 

Edit: Count me in Stu. 

Edited by RSG3

So... at this point I've been able to finish tier 14 expeditions somewhat consistently now... but it's never fast enough for a gold-rank though.  At the moment I'm just hoping some more Acari gear shows up....it is such a huge amount of power I'm missing out on by not having that... basically, as ridiculously strong as Pyro is... I think it pales in comparison to a Pyro that has the Acari set. ...it's 50% anomaly bonus per enemy damaged by Heatwave, folks.... so ridiculous...

Man, Nintendo's E3 was so good I nearly forgot that there's more than Metroid Dread and Kazuya to be stoked about! Super Monkey Ball, Mario Party Superstars, Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp, WarioWare: Get it Together! I kinda wish Nintendo would chill. Not sure if my wallet is gonna be able to handle all these games.

Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) Tweeted:
The cult classic is coming back to modern consoles. Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood is getting a physical edition on PS4 via https://t.co/uFFLbeCnQB! More details to come. #LRG3 https://t.co/Qvb0p9zJpZ

Castlevania Requiem is getting a physical release via LGR. 

Will have to scoop. They have a few copies of the Classic Collection physical available. Think I'm going to try and scoop the PS4 version and record some play throughs of the games. It's actually been long enough I would need to learn some of 1 and most of 3 again. Bloodlines been a while to and recording play throughs would be good motivation to learn them again. 

Edit: Dunno why it formatted so odd. 

Edited by RSG3