Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

Somehow I feel they'd rather attempt to ban him than that.

Yeah that would probably be the way for those people. I'm glad I never got serious about a game with such an insufferable fanbase. 

So my arcade cab is having controller.issues. I think it's firmware related but man does that chap my ass as the thing is brand new 😡

17 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Hey, music nerds, help me out with this next one:

Is this thing in like double time 5/4 or something?? Song is nuts 

Sounds like 5/8 and/or 7/8 to me, but i am not 100% sure.

There are time signature changes, but all of them seem odd time signatures on the /8 family.

The regular time signatures on the /8 are 3/8, 6,/8 and 9/8, which are the waltz times.

Edited by Hecatom

i finished shin megami tensei iv a while back but i never started apocalypse.

so i start the game with all the dlc bought and the first thing i notice is a dlc dungeon to get a shit ton of money and another one that lets you buy demons with money.

needless to say ill be done with this by monday and also i have zero self control.

I played for a little bit last night.

spacer.png

It first had me play a little tutorial so I'd know a bit of how shit works.

spacer.png

After that was done I was able to create a character.  Right now the customization is very minimal.  Then it puts you in the hub world with other players running around.  I couldn't get a actual match going though cause no one was on late last night/early this morning.  I'll play some more today and I'm sure I'll get some matches in. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 7/1/2021 at 8:31 PM, AriesWarlock said:

Are you doing karma pulling?

Yeah I'm essence pulling in fights, it tells you how early on and I've played NG2 before so I already knew to do it. Probably gonna play NG2 again after I beat NGB. Def a game I see myself returning to.

You know they'll nerf Kaz. I finally got to try him out today and he's a great character but I bet he gets the nerf bat in the next update considering all the salt he's mining right now. 

Level 9 AI in Smash games is SNK AI levels of dumb though, I'm surprised people are getting this salty about it. 

I was just playing against level 9 Kaz with Simon and Terry and he honestly isn't that hard if you give him some distance. He takes damage like a bitch and is totally an Akuma style glass Cannon who has a few moves that can OHKO you if you get caught by them, but other than that, if you don't rush him down or let him get in your face, his options are pretty limited. 

I'm not sure if this had been mentioned or not but fan translation team that worked on Legend of Heroes Crossbell arc translation is working on the official localization of the games with NIS America. Good for them, given the work they put it. However, if you haven't download the fan patch, it's no longer available from them for obvious reasons. 

https://geofront.esterior.net/2021/06/25/from-fantasy-to-reality-our-partnership-with-nis-america/

10 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

You know they'll nerf Kaz. I finally got to try him out today and he's a great character but I bet he gets the nerf bat in the next update considering all the salt he's mining right now. 

Level 9 AI in Smash games is SNK AI levels of dumb though, I'm surprised people are getting this salty about it. 

It would be some hypocritical shit if their tears get him nerfed. Their community often complains about how difficult basic fighting game motions like quarter circles are to do. I doubt they can wrap their heads around shit like just frames like there's enough of them to be able to do it on a constant basis for it to be a problem. 

19 hours ago, Abbachio said:

Yeah I'm essence pulling in fights, it tells you how early on and I've played NG2 before so I already knew to do it. Probably gonna play NG2 again after I beat NGB. Def a game I see myself returning to.

Are we talking about dragging essence from one enemy wave to the other?  I don't think that could be done in NG2 because as soon as you finish an enemy wave you automatically absorbed whatever essence das floating nearby, if I'm not mistaken.

On the original NG, after you finished an enemy wave if you hold the block button after finishing an enemy wave you could roll away on to the next fight and absorb that essence from the previous fight

Oh yeah, the moon armlet is pretty useless, so don't bother with it

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/78mosk/essential_tips_for_those_getting_into_ninja/

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It would be some hypocritical shit if their tears get him nerfed. Their community often complains about how difficult basic fighting game motions like quarter circles are to do. I doubt they can wrap their heads around shit like just frames like there's enough of them to be able to do it on a constant basis for it to be a problem. 

I like that they kept him true to the game hes from. They did that with a lot of the characters and it's one of the things that makes it so great to play them. 

ha, I figured Joe would roast this one 🤣

I'm having some fun with it so far though.

On another note---they need to hurry up with the Dying Light 2... the release date isn't until December 😞 (*but probably delayed, I would expect...they're still recording voice lines at the moment..)

aw man....I wasn't aware this was in development, actually...but it sounded like "Invasion" would've been cool

https://www.trueachievements.com/n46196/doom-eternal-invasion-mode-cancelled  😞 

*Also---Destroy All Humans for Switch is actually out in stores now!  I forgot the game was coming out so soon....I saw it at a Walmart for 33 bucks and change....yeahhhh that's about to be mine asap.

Edited by MillionX

I beat Rutchet and Clenk. Awesome game! Might play through the challenge mode later but I need to either get back to Dark Souls and beat the gaping vag dragon, or start Returnal. 

I also have Mario Golf and haven't even opened it yet. Tough to find enough time for games with a toddler, and my nightly Rocket League sessions with my Team8Trash buddies.