Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

19 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Anything worth mentioning announced during the PlayStation Direct?

Dunno yet...I haven't fully watched it but some of the stuff I'm posting will be from it

Spoiler

Extra

Too Slowed by Darc

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yoooo Moss 2 is going to be fucking incredible!  The first one is one of my all time favorite games.  Too bad they didn't give a release date though so I'm guessing next year at the earliest.

This is sweet. My nephew and I enjoyed this game. Glad to see the game getting a sequel with how the first game ended so abuptly.

52 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

What's the gameplay of Moss?

It's a platformer with fixed camera. Also a VR game.

Yeah I read that Moss 2 is also supposed to be longer and larger than Moss 1.  That was my only complaint about part 1 is the length.  But as soon as I saw the price was $30, I didn't expect it to be super long or anything.  I can beat it in one sitting if I skip all cutscenes in like 45 minutes.  It's really short from a gameplay perspective if you know exactly what to do.  First play through was probably like 4 hours including watching cutscenes.

To expand on what he said about the gameplay, @RSG3it is very different in that "you" are basically an overlord in a world, and you control Quill, the mouse, with the controller, but you also can interact with the environments such as pushing and pulling stuff.  The blue orb you see in the trailer is "you" in the world, and you move that around by physically moving the controller about in the 3D world.  

As @Hawkingbirdalso mentioned it's fixed camera.  Basically, each "screen" is kind of like it's own little 3D diorama. You can move your head around in the physical space as well to look behind and around things.

It's truly an experience that simply cannot be experienced without VR.  It's built for and around it and not possible in non-VR, very similar to how Astro Bot is on PSVR.  Also the way you can interact with Quill and how god damn cute she is, and the emotions that she shows, the game is just awesome and pulls the feels right out of your heart.  The animation is also some of the best I've ever seen which plays a lot into the emotions of the game, like when Quill is scared you see her little ears go back and see the expressions on her face.  You can also feel her heartbeat in your controller.

In my opinion it's basically a masterpiece of a game aside from how short it was.  There is no other experience I've had that is similar to it.  I'm hoping the new game is $60 and the length shows that as well.  I am hoping that it ends up being a PSVR2 launch title and that it comes out the same time it comes out on PSVR, but that's just me grasping.

i was wondering why there wasn't any videos put out from EA from their Play event aaand now that I started watching and skimming through it I realize why.  THERE'S BARELY ANYTHING IN THIS.  It's just the devs talking about Battlefield 2042 and Apex for 30 minutes with sparse (and when I say sparse...I MEAN FUCKING SPARSE.  I'm talking like 2-3 seconds  every 3-5 min or so.

Edited by Sonichuman
8 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’ll never understand why people do midnights for things. 

If i would had to guess, is like me going really early for a concert.

Is like a way to meet and gather with people with similar interests and socialize, at least, from my pov.

3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Sega is going blow up Europe if they keep leaking their games.

Hopefully this ends up being true. I think TSR could’ve been real amazing but some decisions and the timing of the release pretty much killed it.

If they put a mode that allows you to play without being on a Team then I'll definitely hop on it this time.  TSR was a wasted opportunity and I really think the Team aspect was the only thing holding that game back.  All I want is a game with  Racing Transformed as a sort of base with no team aspects.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Surprisingly, all of these are still available

edit: spoke too soon. Only the rathalos is available 

Edited by iStu X

i don't know if i mentioned this but last month i played wild arms 4 and i died way more times on that shit than any other wild arms game for some reason.

i remember playing that shit in like middle school and it being the easiest shit ever.

i wonder what i did differently? maybe i was too busy being a low level hero this time.

Dynasty Warriors is also up on Netflix too...For some reason I didn't think this was going to be on English/American Netflix but it is.  I'm gonna go ahead and watch this ridiculousness real quick since I can't watch the rest of RE with my son in the room.

Edit:  Hold on...Someone can make zombies in Dynasty Warriors?  I do not remember that lol.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Dynasty Warriors is also up on Netflix too...For some reason I didn't think this was going to be on English/American Netflix but it is.

Hol up, they adapted DW to a Netflix series?

Just imagining it sent a shiver down my spine. How bad is it?

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Fuck any multi-million dollar company that does this. They have the means to do it just don’t want to actually do it. 

Frankly I can't really disagree with this since Witcher is popular enough to get its own con.  If it was for an IP that wasn't nearly as popular or was on hiatus/dead and then maaaaaybe I'd give it a pass.  Like Sony came out and was like "Hey we wanna do an Ape Escape comic" then I'd be like...yeah that makes sense.

Just now, Volt said:

Hol up, they adapted DW to a Netflix series?

Just imagining it sent a shiver down my spine. How bad is it?

It's not a series it's just a movie.  I only got 8 minutes in and they IMMEDIATELY drop you into a full blown DW fight with people and CG people all over the fields.  And then some dude just brought some of the soldiers that died back to life.  Then the necromancer took arrow to the chest and was still fighting off his attacker with said arrow in his chest.  Only thing I can say right now is that it's definitely Dynasty Warriors with bodies getting tossed everywhere.  I'm going to try to continue tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I was going to say yes to this but I don't think we've ever actually see Bowser raise the dead...For all we know he may just delegate that job to Kamek and the magikoopas.

The instruction manual for Super Mario Bros says he's a dark sorcerer of black magic.