Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

there were not region lock on the console

The PC Engine/ Turbo Grafx 16 had region lock on the game cards, but none of the CD games. 
The Region lock is hilarious too, they just swap two of the card's pins around so they only work with the matching system. 
It's why the Turbo Everdrive has a Switch to set the device to the right console. 

PC FX never got released outside of Japan, that is the one with all the FMV Hentai games.

50 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

you really just thumbs downed my post that had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion

I just going to thumbs down that post too. 

TIL Hades is considered a "queer" game 😂 

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/best-lgbtqplus-switch-games

Some of the games we've included, like Undertale, are also "queer" in the sense that they prioritise community, non-violence, intimacy and tenderness over conflict and inflicting pain on others, or in their presentation, aesthetics, and fashion. These games also include explicit LGBTQ+ representation, but we wanted to look at queerness from multiple angles, too.

WHat the actual fuck? 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Some of the games we've included, like Undertale, are also "queer" in the sense that they prioritise community, non-violence, intimacy and tenderness over conflict and inflicting pain on others, or in their presentation, aesthetics, and fashion. These games also include explicit LGBTQ+ representation, but we wanted to look at queerness from multiple angles, too.

WHat the actual fuck? 😂

Why isn't Deadly Premonition 2 on here? 😛

22 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

From the article

"Hades — is a retelling of the love story between Hades, god of the Underworld, and his wife, Persephone."

So a Heterosexual relationship of the most stable and loyal couple in Greek mythology is "Queer"
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then I read

"As the story progresses, young Zag can flirt with, and give gifts to, several Underworld characters in order to further his relationship — and even potentially find love. Zagreus himself is bisexual, but the game also depicts the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus, the star-crossed lovers from the Iliad."

And I am like Duh .... 

That  makes sense, Ancient Greece is know for everyone being gay or bi . The Archaic Greek poet Sappho, the first poet who decided to write about them selves is where we get the modern word lesbian from, as she is from the island of Lesbos (she is actually pansexual like most Greeks at the time). 

52 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

WHat the actual fuck? 😂

The Rogue Lite that is about endlessly throwing yourself against a brick wall of violence promotes non-violence?

Edited by RSG3

so ive been going down the type moon visual novel hole and i gained a lot of information.

everybody knows that saber is genderbent king arthur but what i didn't know was that apparently she's also medieval superhead according to shirou's inner dialog.

shiki stalks and just staight up murks this blonde for seemingly no reason but then the next  day she walks him down like a horror movie monster and they end up friends.

i knew chaos from melty blood as nigga with a rhino in his trenchcoat  but he kills like a hotel full of people except for the people who ignored all the screaming and stayed in their rooms and went back to sleep.

wtf is this shit but i'm in so imma finish. also type moon police so far are the worst talking bout "gas leaks and i dunno what happened to those 103 people but we found a shark tooth tho".

Edited by nickmanx5
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

The Rogue Lite that is about endlessly throwing yourself against a brick wall of violence promotes non-violence?

I know I'm taking this too seriously, but I'm just confused as to how non violence and community are "queer" and violence and pain are "straight" in this context. I don't even understand how someone could come to that conclusion. 

21 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I know I'm taking this too seriously, but I'm just confused as to how non violence and community are "queer" and violence and pain are "straight" in this context. I don't even understand how someone could come to that conclusion. 

Like you said, you are overthinking.

That is one last clickbait retardation thrown using the lbtqxyz13234798487698r8941780 label to any subject.

Those sites are not about creating content that matters, but content that people gets baited into clicking, be pandering or rage baiting.

oh yeah... a level 9 cpu so of course... mannnn I got to get back into that game.  I haven't even played it since Joker was the latest DLC character....(*whoah that was 2 years ago)  Yeah, I need to get caught up on things there...

...except the Minecraft guy.  That waste of space shit-excuse for a "character" can kindly piss off.

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Black recently, bless up M$ for your backwards compatibility, and it's been a treat, a jank treat that's had me questioning why sometimes but a treat nonetheless. The level locations are pretty drab but I've found the level design overall to be good though I did get kinda lost a few times. The Samurai lad and the second Alma fights were fart though, they should not have been that difficult to land a hit on. I can only wonder at what the last level will bring me...which I assume is pain. Oh and I don't like getting gang banged by fish. Other than that though absolute banger.

Edited by Abbachio
this fucking space bar I swear to fuck I hate it
17 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh $75....and this is the discounted price. 

Bundle of 6 games costing like, 90$ full price?

Big Brand too?

I mean... Games are old as dinosaur dirt from the looks of them, but it's still 6 remastered games man. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Volt
3 hours ago, Abbachio said:

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Black recently, bless up M$ for your backwards compatibility, and it's been a treat, a jank treat that's had me questioning why sometimes but a treat nonetheless. The level locations are pretty drab but I've found the level design overall to be good though I did get kinda lost a few times. The Samurai lad and the second Alma fights were fart though, they should not have been that difficult to land a hit on. I can only wonder at what the last level will bring me...which I assume is pain. Oh and I don't like getting gang banged by fish. Other than that though absolute banger.

Are you doing karma pulling?

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Bundle of 6 games costing like, 90$ full price?

Big Brand too?

I mean... Games are old as dinosaur dirt from the looks of them, but it's still 6 remastered games man. 🤷‍♂️

Halo Master Chief Collection is $40 normally and is on sale for $20. They didn't HD Remix these games, they didn't include the new content from later versions, and honestly the "new" sprites aren't an improvement. They must want people to surf the high seas. I was emulating half these games two decades ago because they wouldn't localize them. TLDR Other collections are cheaper and had more effort put into them. Square can EAD.

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

You mean essence pulling right? Karma is the score system. 

Yeah, I essence pulling lol.

I had beaten Ninja Gaiden Black 2 times before, and when I finally played NGS I learned about essence pulling. Tried to finish all battles within the time alloted for karma score. When I finished the game I was #10 on the PSN learderboards. Pity there was no PSN trophies back then. Same for Heavenly Sword.

12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I loved the shit out of mystic quest. I still love it. The best thing mystic quest did and I’m sad no other FF game followed up on it was tangibly show the damage you were inflicting on monsters/bosses. 

(edit, I think maybe the early FF Legend/SaGa Games may have? I don’t remember)

that shit was cool as fuck. 

was the game watered down as fuck and dumbed down? Hell yeah. But that doesn’t make it a bad game. It was a great gateway RPG for fans who were unfamiliar with the genre at the time. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Halo Master Chief Collection is $40 normally and is on sale for $20. They didn't HD Remix these games, they didn't include the new content from later versions, and honestly the "new" sprites aren't an improvement. They must want people to surf the high seas. I was emulating half these games two decades ago because they wouldn't localize them. TLDR Other collections are cheaper and had more effort put into them. Square can EAD.

Hey man, I'm just saying I kinda understand since each game would be like, $15.

It's nostalgia bait at its finest and I'm definitely not the target audience, so I obviously understand if you don't wanna drop all that money on games that are old af with a new coat of paint on the sprites.