Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

On 7/2/2021 at 7:30 PM, beesuit said:

Reminder that this is out now. 

Just finished watching it myself, gonna take me a little while to digest everything. But it hit all the Eva ending notes. Time to wrap it all up.

Thank you Evangelion. 

Edited by beesuit
On 8/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, HD-Man said:

Finally started Diamond is Unbreakable, this serial killer villain is disgusting. He did not have to do that guy and his dog like that 🤣

Yea but he always gets 8 hours of sleep no matter what, after having a glass of warm milk and doing 20 minutes of stretches. 

Edited by beesuit
13 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Jojo has the most quirky, interesting fights. Araki habitually finds ways to throw odd wrinkles into them to keep them from being typical slug fests 

its easier to do when the strength of your stand relies on your intelligence and creativity and not traditional character must have power levels to get stronger.  its more open ended the way araki set it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost finished with book one of Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition. I really like Mato's art. And holy crap,Team Rocket is on some next level ish! MFs are out for blood and have tried to kill Red and Blue any chance they get! The goof balls from the anime series, these guys ain't. I've already got up to book 9 of Collector's Edition and I can't wait to start book 2.

I picked up Fist of the North Star vol. 1 a week ago.  Can't believe it took this long to get the manga translated.

Sazan & Comet Girl is a one shot that looks really interesting. The water colors are amazing and the entire book is in color so I went ahead and bought it. Sucker is a bit thick but I could probably get through it in a day, which I would like to do since there are no chapters.

Dororo is a Osamu Tezuka work, I don't think I've ever heard of but I love the man's work and I finally get to check out something besides Astro Boy. This is a 800+ page omnibus that I got for chump change.

8 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I'm almost finished with book one of Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition. I really like Mato's art. And holy crap,Team Rocket is on some next level ish! MFs are out for blood and have tried to kill Red and Blue any chance they get! The goof balls from the anime series, these guys ain't. I've already got up to book 9 of Collector's Edition and I can't wait to start book 2.

I picked up Fist of the North Star vol. 1 a week ago.  Can't believe it took this long to get the manga translated.

Sazan & Comet Girl is a one shot that looks really interesting. The water colors are amazing and the entire book is in color so I went ahead and bought it. Sucker is a bit thick but I could probably get through it in a day, which I would like to do since there are no chapters.

Dororo is a Osamu Tezuka work, I don't think I've ever heard of but I love the man's work and I finally get to check out something besides Astro Boy. This is a 800+ page omnibus that I got for chump change.

Pokémon Manga is vastly different (and better) than the anime and video games when it comes to a lot of things. Adventures Gold/Silver is super depressing. 

Edited by iStu X

Already on book 2 of Pokemon Adventures Collector's Edition. Ayyyy, Yellow, I see you! Kid is shaping up to be a pretty cool new member of the cast, even though Yellow appeared in the first arc. Though I cannot fathom how the cast cannot tell that Yellow 

Spoiler

is a girl. I mean even when she wears that big straw hat, it is pathetically obvious that Yellow is a girl. I knew it the second I saw the cover of book 3. 

I grabbed the first three volumes of A Man and His Cat. This slice of life manga is SUPER cute and touching.