Stage Select

Anime and Manga Thread: Isekai must Die edition

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

So fuck my Funimation subscription huh?... 

i was talking to my boy about this and i asked how bad is the funimation app compariably and he said it was garbage. lol I hate the crunchy app but if funimation is worse...i dunno...you prob making out well in the end

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

i was talking to my boy about this and i asked how bad is the funimation app compariably and he said it was garbage. lol I hate the crunchy app but if funimation is worse...i dunno...you prob making out well in the end

It worked OK, it was more the price I liked about the app than anything. Now I gotta pay more 

Picked up Fatal Fury: The OVA Collection on blu-ray. I actually never watched the second one, so that'll be new to me. Still can't get over Andy's blue hair. (Is it an alt in the games yet?) Joe, my guy you got SHOT. Dude should be resting up in the hospital but he's tagging along with Andy getting bodied by Raiden. 

Also, these specials have commentary and Matt McMuscles is one of the commentators. That was a pleasant surprise. 

Future Boy Conan was on sale so I ordered that. Been a while since I watched some anime from the 70s.

32 minutes ago, Maxx said:

so i looked up the ranking of kings manga. the art is fucking garbage lmfaoooo. i love the anime so much i thought the manga would have some fire art. between this and one punch man. im so glad someone looked beyond the art because they would never have funded these in america.

https://oussamaranking.com/manga/ousama-ranking-chapter-1/

It's not that bad in comparison to OPM or Hunter X Hunter but damn 😂

25 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

It's not that bad in comparison to OPM or Hunter X Hunter but damn 😂

Hunter x hunter has the excuse of sickness. We know that artist can draw but some weeks hes just so sick it's bad but he fixes it for the trades i believe. 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Hunter x hunter has the excuse of sickness. We know that artist can draw but some weeks hes just so sick it's bad but he fixes it for the trades i believe. 

Yep, they correct the art at a later date. And I always thought Togashi was busy playing Dragon Quest, I've heard the sickness thing too, i wasn't sure which was true.

Honestly, I think he should focus strictly on the story and let an imitator handle the art for him. Doesn't seem like HxH will ever finish 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

so i looked up the ranking of kings manga. the art is fucking garbage lmfaoooo. i love the anime so much i thought the manga would have some fire art. between this and one punch man. im so glad someone looked beyond the art because they would never have funded these in america.

Who ever the mangaka is was clearly apart of the $RK MS Paint wars of old. 😂

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Yep, they correct the art at a later date. And I always thought Togashi was busy playing Dragon Quest, I've heard the sickness thing too, i wasn't sure which was true.

Honestly, I think he should focus strictly on the story and let an imitator handle the art for him. Doesn't seem like HxH will ever finish 

Ive seen a quote supposedly floating around that if he dies, he'd like his wife to finish it. 

I decided to finally get caught up with the rest of the world and watch Demon Slayer... I've been absolutely loving this show... it's disappointing that I see Netflix only has 26 episodes...so after that I'll need another source for my regular fix of this show.  The animation and character designs are incredible.  Previously, I was watching them on Cartoon Network a long time ago... but fell behind and eventually Comcast moved CN to a higher tier of the service....

...but oh yeah, you're goddamn right I'd jump at the chance to be turned into a demon like you see on this show.  Similar to vamprism, the deal is too good:

• Immortality
  • Superhuman speed, strength and agility
  • They are extremely difficult to kill, thanks to the powerful level of regeneration...there are only about 3 methods to kill one (one of which so far is only via the poison a particular character invented); anything short of that isn't going to be enough.
  • Various supernatural/magical powers... many of them being game-changers when it comes to any kind of combat situation....though so far it seems to be random what they get... or at least something concerning what was important in their human life?  Then they just keep getting more powerful as the years go on and they continue eating more humans. Sheeeittt, anyone that would willingly stay human while this option is a reality is a fool.
Edited by MillionX
18 hours ago, MillionX said:

I decided to finally get caught up with the rest of the world and watch Demon Slayer... I've been absolutely loving this show... it's disappointing that I see Netflix only has 26 episodes...so after that I'll need another source for my regular fix of this show.  The animation and character designs are incredible.  Previously, I was watching them on Cartoon Network a long time ago... but fell behind and eventually Comcast moved CN to a higher tier of the service....

...but oh yeah, you're goddamn right I'd jump at the chance to be turned into a demon like you see on this show.  Similar to vamprism, the deal is too good:

• Immortality
  • Superhuman speed, strength and agility
  • They are extremely difficult to kill, thanks to the powerful level of regeneration...there are only about 3 methods to kill one (one of which so far is only via the poison a particular character invented); anything short of that isn't going to be enough.
  • Various supernatural/magical powers... many of them being game-changers when it comes to any kind of combat situation....though so far it seems to be random what they get... or at least something concerning what was important in their human life?  Then they just keep getting more powerful as the years go on and they continue eating more humans. Sheeeittt, anyone that would willingly stay human while this option is a reality is a fool.

I mean the biggest issue with Demons in that franchise (besides the killing and eating people) is that your every move without aide of magic is under the watch of one creepy dude that can kill you in a thought or an instant.

Yeah, I've finished episode 26 now.... that is indeed quite the problem.  It seems like a no-win situation there, because of that main guy who appears to be the "Final Boss", basically...

• You can't keep a low profile, since he appears to just know all of them and their whereabouts, apparently...?
  • If you gain any decent level of power after a while... it becomes an endless chase of more power so you are "useful" to him and his plans....
  • But... if you aren't eventually good enough then he can destroy you immediately... the gap in power level is so crazy you don't have any chance against him.  He can read their minds....so you can't even afford to THINK about conspiring against him.  One of them got killed just for thinking something contrary to him.  Even if you pledge your eternal allegiance, 1 little mistake or "incorrect" though means he will destroy you in less than a second for it.

So basically... all demons are subordinate to him and lead a doomed existence forever as long as he still exists.  

Edited by MillionX
15 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Ranking of Kings is deceptively dark, twists, political intrigue and betrayals you don't see coming. I can definitely see the small comparisons to Game of Thrones 

Yeah, I watched a good chunk of it with my nephew but having a good idea of how bad it got, certain scenes I would fast forward over or skip so he didn't watch them.

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Finally made it to near the end of the Entertainment District Arc, this team fight tho.... Jesus it's hype and so well animated

It's even crazier when you look back at it and realize they made a whole season out of basically one protracted fight, and they nailed it.

SpyXFamily is almost like the complete opposite of Love is War lol

They both gladly hook up out of platonic convenience in SpyXFamily but in Love is War the two leads are too damn proud to ever admit it lol 

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

YOOOOOOO

Why no one told me that there was a new anime of Tiger and Bunny on netflix????

Walking Billboards - The anime lol 
Its been a long wait, but its finally happened. 

Edited by beesuit
On 3/14/2022 at 3:29 PM, Maxx said:

I don't get it. 🙃

Spoiler

unknown.png

All jokes aside though, OPM is insanely good. Murata picking it up art-wise was great too, I can't name someone better than him rn. Plot is picking up as well. Just a really solid manga. Shame about the anime though.

Dropping by to steal some recommendations tho, I'm completely out of the loop. Might check out this Spy x Family thing y'all were mentioning, sounds interesting.