Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

3 hours ago, Lantis said:

Reminds me why NRS took the bitch way out and made all the females in MK 11 flat chested and covered up

Some characters def needed some redesigns  over the years and I had a talk with a friend of mine over a specific character which was Sonya Blade.  Sonya had a fairly distinctive look about her during the sprite era that helped her stand out and I thought her character design and colors worked for her.  Then we get to the DA, Dec, Arm series and the gave her bigger tits and gave her a thong wedgie but she was still mostly covered up.  And then MK 9 made her a hooker barbie doll with a questionable face which seemed to be the case with most of the women in that game.  Her change during this window didn't make much sense considering who she is and what her personality was so it absolutely made sense to turn the dial back but they turned it too far on her and now she looks boring in comparison to everyone else in the cast imo.  If their goal was to make Cassie outshine her in the design dept then they've completed their mission. 

23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The actual trailer without the analysis

Edit:

Reading a few comments about the trailer saying Cortana looks weird which is funny since apparently the one playing Cortana in the show is the actual voice of Cortana in the games.

Okay I finally watched the trailer. Cortana does look off. She's definitely not blue enough and she doesn't look like a hologram. Not sure how people are commenting on her overall design because, unless there is other footage, you only really see her from the collarbone up. But meh, never been a Halo person, so what do I know.

Also Troy Baker backed out of the NFT's after his friends and peers educated him on what it was

Edit:

today is the anniversary of FF7 releasing in Japan

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bar9tj7ziv0ddv3jf56s

Edit 2:

Tales of Arise is getting an anime by Ufotable

I have to amend this because I found out that Tales of Arise isn't actually getting a full anime that hasn't been announced.  Ufotable just made a new animation for Tales of Arise just because I believe based on the information I'm looking around at now.

Edited by Sonichuman

i was just thinking lately on, the nes.

and how every kid from nyc to los angeles was blowing on the nes cartridge and the nes itself.

and how that rumor passed about blowing on it to make it work when it would glitch or crash.

just a nation of kids giving their home console actual blowjobs in the 80s.

smdh.

luckily the nes looked like a box and not shaped like a dildo.

perhaps the word nintendo means husband in japanese.

cuz you blow it, and it works for you. just like a husband lol.

Edited by VirginDefiler
8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Man…I just want a Nintendo direct. Can I have that instead?

I was hoping we would have gotten in in January before Arceus but yeah...Hopefully some time this month because I'd imagine they want give Kirby another push as well as updates on some other titles like the Advance Wars remake and probably an update on Splatoon 3.  If we get info on BotW2 and another trailer for Bayo 3 then great but I'm not going to expect that until E3. 

Edited by Sonichuman

It appears that Dark Pictures has more games coming

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/01/supermassive-games-trademarks-five-new-the-dark-pictures-titles

Capcom sales update

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/capcom-sales-update-resident-evil-village-at-5-7-million-resident-evil-2-remake-at-9-3-million-more

Edit

Notable updates include:

• Resident Evil Village (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 5.7 million units (900,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Resident Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 9.3 million units (400,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Resident Evil 7: biohazard (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 10.6 million units (400,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Monster Hunter World (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 17.8 million units (300,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 8.8 million units (300,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Resident Evil 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 4.9 million units (300,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Monster Hunter Rise (Switch) has sold 7.7 million units (200,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Devil May Cry 5 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) has sold 4.8 million units (100,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (Switch, PC) has sold 1.4 million units (100,000 additional units since September 30)
  • Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) has sold 6.1 million copies (100,000 additional units since September 30)

Yacht clubs presents is up

Edit:

This new game gives me this feeling of you got Castlevania in my Link's Awakening.  Called Mina the Hollower.

Edited by Sonichuman

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing an opponent summon al the guns on the 1st turn just to throw a wrench to their strategy with the Numeron deck 🤣

Is sweet revenge for wasting my goddamn time with all the summon bullshit at the start, lol.

It is funny how most of the time it gets them off guard since they don't know how to deal with it or what the deck does in general.

Like the poor dude on the video, that after my 1st attack and saw the effects of the monster started to waste the abilities of the monsters just as i intended so i could summon Gate and fuck him with over 10000k at the end of his turn, lol.

Edit

Also, relevant to the current meta of the game and how the old players are being greet

Edited by Hecatom
11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

As of me typing this, Mina the Hallower is at 82% to its goal.  It has a pretty good chance making it's goal before the end of the day.

My issue with the Kickstarter is YCG mention In the Kickstarter that  they don’t need to do the campaign  since as a company they’re sitting comfortably in terms of financials. They just wanted to for the sake of having it through Kickstarter 

Edited by iStu X

Yea i gotta say Yact Club Games is pretty well off after Shovel Knight appeared in fucking everything for last fucking 5 years or more, them doing a disaster to fun their game comes off kinda scummy to me. "We have a great idea!!!...but we don't want to reach into our coffers and risk our own money so can we risk yours instead? Please give us your money we don't need to fund this project we can afford to.fun ourselves."

But then I've had some slight issues with Yact Club Games for a while now. 

25 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea i gotta say Yact Club Games is pretty well off after Shovel Knight appeared in fucking everything for last fucking 5 years or more, them doing a disaster to fun their game comes off kinda scummy to me. "We have a great idea!!!...but we don't want to reach into our coffers and risk our own money so can we risk yours instead? Please give us your money we don't need to fund this project we can afford to.fun ourselves."

But then I've had some slight issues with Yact Club Games for a while now. 

Without knowing the kinds of deals they made, it's hard to know. But if they have a hit like Shovel Knight on their hands, it seems more likely they'd be able to fund their upcoming game because they have a track record, and if they can do that and not have to go back to eating ramen, I think that's ok.

Edited by DoctaMario
6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing an opponent summon al the guns on the 1st turn just to throw a wrench to their strategy with the Numeron deck 🤣

Is sweet revenge for wasting my goddamn time with all the summon bullshit at the start, lol.

It is funny how most of the time it gets them off guard since they don't know how to deal with it or what the deck does in general.

Like the poor dude on the video, that after my 1st attack and saw the effects of the monster started to waste the abilities of the monsters just as i intended so i could summon Gate and fuck him with over 10000k at the end of his turn, lol.

Edit

Also, relevant to the current meta of the game and how the old players are being greet

see i would have been hit with like two ash blossoms in the middle of that shit.