Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

How so, Lara is a nuanced character while Allow has the charisma of a rock, specially on Forbidden West.

Aloy does have the charisma of a rock (and I think the problem is that they rarely allow her to emote for some reason), but reboot Lara is just constant whining to me, and Shadow had such a painfully predictable story it was a slog to go through even though I really liked the setting. I just wish they would stop desperately trying to add cheap drama to the character and just let her be the '90s badass she used to be.

Just my opinion though.

Just now, Phantom_Miria said:

Aloy does have the charisma of a rock (and I think the problem is that they rarely allow her to emote for some reason), but reboot Lara is just constant whining to me, and Shadow had such a painfully predictable story it was a slog to go through even though I really liked the setting. I just wish they would stop desperately trying to add cheap drama to the character and just let her be the '90s badass she used to be.

Just my opinion though.

Shadow was handled by the B team and there was a noticeable drop in quality.

59 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

🤣

Nigga, you are the one that keeps confusing your personal preferences with facts, and keeps living on a made up world of your own making where no one complains about ASW apparently (Do I need to go on another diatribe of why Strive is garbage for example?)

But yeah, instead of trying to argue like an adult keep doing ad hoiminems since is the only thing that you can do when you say this kind of dumb shit.

No I don't. When I like something I just say I like it. I dont justify what I like as being good.  Because things don't have to be good for me to like them.

When I say something is bad, I explain why it's bad and provide receipts. The only one that has ever said "oh some people like it so its fine" is you.

ArcSys has a history of wack balancing and questionable mechanics. If they didn't have cool looking characters and neat music, they'd get talked about in a way different fashion.

23 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The only one that has ever said "oh some people like it so its fine" is you.

}

LMAO at this nonsensical shit.

Like I said, only ad hominems and revisionist history, just proving my point.

I can dig up plenty of posts here, on srk and dustloop of me talking about games that I like that I acknowledge that are bad, like Hokuto no Ken and Sengoku Basara X to keep it with games developed by ASW

And games that I do not like to play but acknowledge that are not bad at all, like MVC2, and even Strive which  I admitted that is a competent game, just a trash GG.

When I point that X or Y is bad I do lay down my points.

And post walls of text when i have the chance, and many people here wouldn't let me lie on that.

Yes, you bring points, AT TIMES, but most of the time, specially regarding this subject has been only an increasing amount of retardation that amounts to nothing.

Where you point shit that are not problems just because is not what you would like them to do, since you would prefer a balance approach like capcom does (LMAO), it is a bad thing.

Like you complain to me about Strive, and the moment I say that Strive is trash as jest, you start defending that game, make up your mind bro 🤣

Also, you say questionable mechanics, yet as usual, your complains usually boil down to preference.

And when they fuck up the mechanics, which BTW, I have pointed out plenty of times when they do, but in your no see monkey no hear monkey decide to ignore to push the narrative of a defense force, they are quick to fix or abandon, like the guard lybra on BBCT for example.

If anything, is something to appreciate that they are willing to go and explore options to push their games instead of retreating to the same old, but hey, i guess that pushing for innovations is a bad thing now, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

Dang, no space for Project L (aka the Riot games League of Legends fighter)? The Cannon brothers said to "expect more info in the second half of 2023" which lines up quite nicely with Evo next week.

I hope we at least get an official name for the game. Oh and SF6 reveals are cool too 

What the fuck I literally put that in there. Am I being trolled? 

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

How so, Lara is a nuanced character while Allow has the charisma of a rock, specially on Forbidden West.

Aloy's personality in Horizon Forbidden West is the roadblock preventing me from playing more of that game. She's insufferable.

24 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Aloy's personality in Horizon Forbidden West is the roadblock preventing me from playing more of that game. She's insufferable.

Tell me about it, i love the gameplay, regardless the flaws, but Alloy has become both annoying and almost some sort of a Mary Sue in how she s portrayed. 

They reduced her personality to a lot of traits that you see pop up on badly written female characters. 

She was a "better" character on 1.

31 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The Irony that ArcSys tried something new with Strive and you keep shitting on it.

Swing and an oof.

🧐

And I explained why I have problems with what they tried.

Is one thing to try and add new stuff and there is another to change everything that give the game its identity that it makes it a totally different thing altogether.

Strive offers 0 of what I like about GG.

And my point is not about changing established series to the point of not recognition, but creating new concepts for new games., exploring game mechanics, and such.

Hence the use of the word Innovation, Strive is not innovative in the sightless, since is actually reductive in every aspect of its design when compared to all the previous GG games.

It was what I liked from them prior Strive, where instead of dumbing down GG for example, they created BB as a way to explore new ideas that didn't fit the GG mold, or how Persona introduces its own way to make the game simpler in some areas, but keep complexity in others, the same for BBTAG.

With Strive all that shit is thrown out of the window, with a game that is 1st made for people who dislike GG, and then nothing for those who like previous GG games.

Hardly a swing and miss when my point is not about whatever lame  attempt of deflection of the subject you are trying to do.

But keep going, you only prove how full of shit your argument is, when you are so afraid to actually engage on it to try to defend your position.

What will be your next deflection?

Point out my english skills and my gramatical/ortographic errors? 🤣

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Soulcalibur IV turns 14 years old today

3b5bx1cl6le91.jpg

One of my favorite in the series despite some shortcomings, but I really like the dark setting, costumes which happens to be some of my favorite redesigns, and the sexiness!!!  ⚔️

I am still salty that they quietly and stealthy removed the dlc chars from the stores, which it will be one thing if it was just for selling them, and that would be understandable, but to remove them to the point that those of us who bought them can't download them again?
That is bullshit.

Took a round off Phenom the other day. Now I'm fully aware he wasn't in tournament mode but I could tell he also wasn't just goofing around, so I'll take it. Especially as he's also tier-whoring around with Luke.

At some point I'll have to look up that dumbass's frame data though, I just keep blocking when cornered because everything looks plus and that can't be it.

10 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I am still salty that they quietly and stealthy removed the dlc chars from the stores, which it will be one thing if it was just for selling them, and that would be understandable, but to remove them to the point that those of us who bought them can't download them again?
That is bullshit.

I think you can just play those characters in emulation nowadays, and the files are around on the internet, right?

Yet another case of piracy being the only way you're gonna preserve some of this stuff in the future.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

The answer is as always: Japan

The problem is not exclusive to japanese devs or fighting games for the matter..

For all we know they are using a version that was better optimized for PS5, unlike most fgs on the market that came out way before the console existed, so of course they will have optimization issues for a new hardware that was not contemplated when the games were developed.

Then add that the complexity of the games, the size in memory of every piece (character model, animations, fx, stage, etc) can add to the computational time.

And then there is that 2f sounds mad suspect, since the theoretical minimum value is 3, not 2.

1 for the console, 1 for the control and 1 for the monitor/tv.

Hence why every game always goes for a number around 3 or 4.

2 sounds like someone is bullshiting people who dont understand how or why there is input delay in games.

Edited by Hecatom