Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

46 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Dan is not coming out this year and I’ll put money or my avatar on that bet 

DOUBLE POST:

Then Capcom better say something quick. The roadmap said 2020, they have 2 weeks left to meet that deadline. 

Or just throw it out there early and have him be buggy as all hell and apologize a week later after all the money is spent. Worked for Cyberpunk

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

They better, tryna to appeal to wifi players like that. 

For real tho, that wifi symbol is making me think it's a streaming thing like stadia. And I don't need MBS looking at my search history and having my IP address 

I can imagine the headlines now.

"Saudi Prince Observes Local American's Search History - Asks, "What is this 'Boomer?' Is it a Bomb?"

Edited by Dayaan
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

MBS: "Why does this guy keep googling 'what the fuck actually IS fuzzy gaurd?' Is he a buffoon? We kill him first." 

Fuzzy Guard is a terrible term for what it is...

in MK11, Sub’s F2 overhead is 20F, and his B3 low starter is 16F (I think, plus I added the active frames the game doesn’t).

If the opponent presses the two buttons at the same time (say the moment they get out of blockstun), you can “fuzzy guard” them both by blocking low first and then blocking high, as long as you switch from low block to stand block within that 4F window.

of course, they can delay B3 by 4 frames and then you’re fucked cause you ain’t reacting to either

Most are just waiting for the patch notes not Dan.

The roster has plenty of characters.I would argue that the Season 5 wasn't even needed when it comes to extra characters.

It's this boring meta that has been going for too long that needs changing.

But this late in this game's life who cares really.

If I were a Rose main and she gets added autumn 2021 with SF 6 most likely 2022 I would be pissed off tbh.

Edited by Skort
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

It is probably a NeoGeo Mini.

Or maybe, a new console/box to play their arcade games.

Like the new CAPCOM ARCADE system? Hear that'll have WW on it. Pretty cool, but I think they tried that with the stick and that didn't work too well, did it?

23 minutes ago, Skort said:

The roster has plenty of characters.I would argue that the Season 5 wasn't even needed when it comes to extra characters.

This is something that I’ve really flipped on over the years.

Before as a casual I wanted big rosters and lots of custom options. But now the better I get and the more involved in FGs I become the more I find super large rosters off putting. In both MK11 and SFV there is just too many obscure characters or tools, where you end up getting fucked by gimmicks that may or may not be real because having thorough knowledge of 40+ characters is impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

It is probably a NeoGeo Mini.

Or maybe, a new console/box to play their arcade games.

They already did the NeoGeo mini and the arcade stick Pro. Maybe they're finally doing DLC for the stick, or a NeoGeo mini that you can hook up to the internet and download more games for? 

Seems like a deceptive announcement if either is the case🤔

10 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This is something that I’ve really flipped on over the years.

Before as a casual I wanted big rosters and lots of custom options. But now the better I get and the more involved in FGs I become the more I find super large rosters off putting. In both MK11 and SFV there is just too many obscure characters or tools, where you end up getting fucked by gimmicks that may or may not be real because having thorough knowledge of 40+ characters is impossible. 

Yeah, but the meta always sort itself up.

People, specially at competitive play always flock into small subsets of characters.

Making the big roster problem moot.

Edit

Just look at fgs like Melty Blood, KOF, MVC2, games that historically have big rosters, but you rarely see used a lot of chars be casual or pro level.

Edited by Hecatom
1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Have you guys ever played KOF 2002 with Mexicans?

They play casuals with random select.  They don't do it to troll -- they just literally know how to use every character.

Better learn those matchups. 🔫

Me, brother and some friends used to play CVS2 like that.

Not to troll, but because we both played most of the cast, but also to keep matches interesting.

We even found chars that we ended liking to play with that way.

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Most are just waiting for the patch notes not Dan.

It's this boring meta that has been going for too long that needs changing.

But this late in this game's life who cares really.

If I were a Rose main and she gets added autumn 2021 with SF 6 most likely 2022 I would be pissed off tbh.

Yeah, I'm wondering if this last season was really even necessary.  I guess depends on when SF6 releases.  If it releases early 2022 that's not enough time to even master these season 5 characters (unless you're a god).   And it kind of sucks for Rose players that probably wanted her in SF6.  

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

In both MK11 and SFV there is just too many obscure characters or tools, where you end up getting fucked by gimmicks that may or may not be real because having thorough knowledge of 40+ characters is impossible. 

Random aside, I love that 3 minute time frame to rematch people in kombat league.

a few nights ago I was playing KL and ran into a Liu Kang with that teleport equipped (the one where they can hit you with a mid, or do an unblockable stomp on you from above). Dude wrecked my shit the first match spamming that. I took nearly that full 3 minutes and googled a counter and saw that a neutral jump beats it everytime, and this guy didn’t have anything else after I started punishing that... Made him pick another character for the next match actually, though I think I lost the set after all, but still happy to figure a way around that BS.

Name just one character added in SFV that you would like to see in SF 6. 

My choice : Kolin

Easily the best addition to the game ( SFV ) if you factor in role in the story, gameplay, looks etc . Can be tied in quite easily in SF 6's story if they go the illuminati path and does not feel like a "joke / side character". Her gameplay is interesting as well though hard carried by dumb  heavy buttons and v-trigger 2 but that can easily change in SF 6. Not the prettiest face but not as ugly as people make it out to be either tbh.

Also the best reason right here

a8gle1es70s41.jpg?auto=webp&s=7d2baf4aa4

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

Random aside, I love that 3 minute time frame to rematch people in kombat league.

a few nights ago I was playing KL and ran into a Liu Kang with that teleport equipped (the one where they can hit you with a mid, or do an unblockable stomp on you from above). Dude wrecked my shit the first match spamming that. I took nearly that full 3 minutes and googled a counter and saw that a neutral jump beats it everytime, and this guy didn’t have anything else after I started punishing that... Made him pick another character for the next match actually, though I think I lost the set after all, but still happy to figure a way around that BS.

Fuck dude you just saved my life. I got clapped by a Liu doing teleport shenanigans and I could not figure out how to deal with it. 

55 minutes ago, Skort said:

Easily the best addition to the game ( SFV ) if you factor in role in the story, gameplay, looks etc .

Laura is my answer without a second thought, though I say that as someone with basically no interest in SFV’s story. 

Simple yet recognizable look and a fairly unique gameplan with her fireballs and dash cancels. 

Her and Kolin are the only newcomers worth a damn imo. Necalli could’ve been 3rd but Capcom fumbled his gameplay too bad imo.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Easily the best addition to the game ( SFV ) if you factor in role in the story, gameplay, looks etc . Can be tied in quite easily in SF 6's story if they go the illuminati path and does not feel like a "joke / side character". Her gameplay is interesting as well though hard carried by dumb  heavy buttons and v-trigger 2 but that can easily change in SF 6. Not the prettiest face but not as ugly as people make it out to be either tbh.

Also the best reason right here

a8gle1es70s41.jpg?auto=webp&s=7d2baf4aa4

Kolin is a great choice, but I'd still have to say G. Lucia too.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

G is probably the first character that needs to die is a fire right next to Rashid. Character is complete cancer. 

BOOOO! How are you gonna nyx the one Arab, even if he isn't done at all accurately by any stretch of the imagination? And G? He's amazing!

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

BOOOO! How are you gonna nyx the one Arab, even if he isn't done at all accurately by any stretch of the imagination? And G? He's amazing!

I don’t hate these characters for the sake of hating them. Both of them are just the worst aspects of SFV dialed up to 11. 

Rashid: Multiple safe advancing attacks, a bunch of anti-projectile moves, and special movement options leaking out his ass makes him annoying as shit to fight. Combine that stuff with his obnoxious CC and “I now control neutral” VT1 and I feel like a grounded combat against him is impossible. Eventually you’re gonna get gabled by him yolo-ing across the screen. That shit is fine in an air dasher like Marvel but it can fuck off in SF.

G: The best example of everything wrong with VT. Get clipped by a warp speed EX and eat a Guilty Gear combo for your trouble. Until he actually dies he is winning if his HP is lower than yours. 

If Capcom can translate their designs into a new game without the “fuck neutral” nonsense I have nothing against their inclusions SF6. I just don’t want another game of -2 specials, impossible to zone characters, and unearned comebacks. 

Edited by Vhozite

I’m having a hard time deciding between Menat, Laura, Kolin, and Zeku.

I also like Lucia, but feel her gameplay could be a bit more unique. I like fighting Abigail (feels like a classic boss fight), but feel like his design could be better (but I’m biased because I’m Canadian and would have liked him to be a bit more of a stereotypical Canadian). I do like Rashid’s design, but I agree with Vhozite, his gameplay is annoying for an SF character (dude would be cool in a MVC game though).

the rest are okay or I’m not a fan of them. I don’t really consider G new, because he’s basically Q. Like Rashid, i like his design, but his whole comeback BS is wack and i dont want to see shit like this in another game again.

6 hours ago, Vhozite said:

G is probably the first character that needs to die is a fire right next to Rashid. Character is complete cancer. 

I'd chuck Rufus, Evil Ryu, Oni, Twelve, and Dan  in the trash bin before I'd even consider any other characters. And before anyone brings it up. Ingrid is not a SF character. Although I'd give her dishonorable mention and chuck her in the trash too.