Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

20 minutes ago, Skort said:

Gouken is the only "shoto" I actually wanted to see back and they added trash Kage and lol Dan.

Kage because we needed red Ryu with horns and Dan because he is friends with Sakura and Blanka ( rly devs..? ) .

The old man would had been a much better choice.

Agree.

But by this point, i would prefer him to be part of the SF6 base roster.

Allow him to be the Yang to the Akuma's Yin.

22 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Agree.

But by this point, i would prefer him to be part of the SF6 base roster.

Allow him to be the Yang to the Akuma's Yin.

Oh definitely. I do not want Gouken in SFV this late in the game's life.

Save him for 6 is indeed the right thing to do.

If SF 6 does get released 2022 then all late season 5 characters feel like a waste imo.

22 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I’m surprised they haven’t made a costume where Kage is just Evil Ryu without the horns and teeth.

Seems like the easiest costume they could make that would still make money.

Or at least make it so they can scam people out of their FM on the Menat loot boxes XD

That fight money scam is bullshit.

I would preferred if I would pay triple the chance cost ( I think it's 4500 fm ) and just unlock the colour I want ( EX ones ) .

This gambling bullshit has no place in games imo.

Edited by Skort
3 minutes ago, Skort said:

That fight money scam is bullshit.

I would preferred if I would pay triple the chance cost ( I think it's 4500 fm ) and just unlock the colour I want.

This gambling bullshit has no place in games imo.

At least you are not gambling real money, neither can get fm with real money.

The problem is that the game doesnt really give you enough fm. Specially if your goal is to buy characters.

And while there are some freebies here and there, you cant really get outfits that you want that are not part of said freebies.

The game gives you a lot of FM at start or at least it used to before they nerfed the missions but it kinda tricks you in thinking that's the norm.

After you level up a few chars and do trials and do their story the amount of money is drastically  reduced.

Sry but grinding FM via matches is insane.What was it ? 35 fm per match to afford a chance that costs 4500.Just no.

Roughly around 128  matches that you need to win to unlock a chance ? 

Bruh...

3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

There are some fucking weird choices. Karin makes twins redundant in SFV since she shares so many moves... but her playstyle and gameplan is entirely different?? Same for Seth and Makoto. Just weird insanity that feels like Capcom spitting in our faces (typical Capcom fan mentality), but they're just innocently paying homage to their old fighters. We stay salty though.

A lot of SFIV Yang players (including myself) switched to Karin in V because they share "rekkas" and a cancellable cr.mk.  Karin in Alpha 3 also had a command grab.  The funny thing is though that they play NOTHING alike.  Karin plays more like Elena or Chun did in 4.  There aren't any characters in 5 that come close to how the Twins played.  With all the 'rules' in V I don't know how the Twins, Viper or Fei Long ever get into the game and at this point I don't want to see it.  

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

We still don't know who the last character will be. They still have a chance to make everyone happy.

It really doesn't matter. Whoever it is will get ran over by the SF6 hype train.

I actually wish it's NOT Makoto.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I think that people need to take in consideration that SFV getting extra content doesnt necessarily means that they are taking resources from SF6 and its developement neither that SF6 developement is in shambles.

No, but it might mean they need to pad SFV longer so they have a smaller gap between 5 and 6.

Like I said, a lot of it might be just CoVid derailing everything. What we know to be a fact is that this season's development started very late.

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Also, it doesnt matter where they put Dan, outside the 3 or 4 cats that are fans of him for whatever reason, everyone will feel that he was a wasted slot.

Just remember Decapre.

Remember how quickly people stopped giving a fuck about the Ultra characters because SFV was announced right after it?

The last season will get rolled over by 6's hype as soon as Capcom unveils it. This is why you dump less hype picks on it. Just barely enough to sell, like Rose and Oro, which should be the first ones.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

A lot of SFIV Yang players (including myself) switched to Karin in V because they share "rekkas" and a cancellable cr.mk.  Karin in Alpha 3 also had a command grab.  The funny thing is though that they play NOTHING alike.  Karin plays more like Elena or Chun did in 4.  There aren't any characters in 5 that come close to how the Twins played.  With all the 'rules' in V I don't know how the Twins, Viper or Fei Long ever get into the game and at this point I don't want to see it.  

So we're in agreement. It's cool to me, but even with the systems aside I don't think they'll ever get in.

Wow I play GB come back and see 40 something posts of Dan disappointment..... and Capcom trying to salvage the sinking ship again?

Honestly the best thing you can do is to NOT support Capcom and SFV any further and play something else.

Play 3rd strike or ST, hell play SFIV, those game run on modern day toaster.

And it's not like you cannot find people to play with, this forum is a good place for it or just ask in Discord..... does this forum even have one?

Edited by Mr.Cipher
11 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Wow I play GB come back and see 40 something posts of Dan disappointment..... and Capcom trying to salvage the sinking ship again?

Honestly the best thing you can do is to NOT support Capcom and SFV any further and play something else.

Play 3rd strike or ST, hell play SFIV, those game run on modern day toaster.

And it's not like you cannot find people to play with, this forum is a good place for it or just ask in Discord..... does this forum even have one?

There is a Discord link in the navigation bar right underneath the logo.  🙃

8 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Yes I love reading the tales of bchan009 traversing the terrain of forum design and overcoming all odds to start a wiki and... Oh wait...

You guys and your wiki.  I'm still looking into it but with SRK wiki revival I'm not sure how necessary it is.  Their popularity is a good indicator of whether or not the (Capcom) community even wants wikis anymore.

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

You guys and your wiki.  I'm still looking into it but with SRK wiki revival I'm not sure how necessary it is.  Their popularity is a good indicator of whether or not the (Capcom) community even wants wikis anymore.

I mean, for the MS community to grow, it needs something to draw attention to it.

Out of all options (Like a front page), a wiki would be less of a pain the ass to start with.

Your call tho. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

I mean, for the MS community to grow, it needs something to draw attention to it.

Out of all options (Like a front page), a wiki would be less of a pain the ass to start with.

Your call tho. 🤷‍♂️

I've got some ideas I'm messing around with but nothing is gonna happen until after New Year's at the EARLIEST.  I'll see how things go.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

You guys and your wiki.  I'm still looking into it but with SRK wiki revival I'm not sure how necessary it is. 

I agree with this and while i think Daayan could write up a mean, complete 3S wiki (if he wanted to), I feel like some other games would have very redundant info to the SRK wikis... Hell, we may have to basically copy them for some games.

i personally don't see it as a meaningful way to increase traffic.

17 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Well maybe a good frontpage with articles writen from a varierty of people?

And not like something like Eventhubs who just suck Capcoms dick 24/7

Or SRK what has been dead for a long time.

That requires a constant, heavy effort.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

I've got some ideas I'm messing around with but nothing is gonna happen until after New Year's at the EARLIEST.  I'll see how things go.

Looking forward to it. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.