Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Psychoblue said:

With how he's become so cyborg in recent years I'd like for Rugal to come back to the main KOF storyline under the notion that his new cyborg parts not only allowed his resurrection but better absorb his Orochi powers in ways his original flesh could not.  

There is a part of me that believes that SNK (and by extension, SNK Playmore) at the time of KOF 2000 release were bringing Rugal back to begin with. 

Because, if you notice that "dead" character will *blink* out of existence when they complete their assist moves when the player uses them as strikers. 

The characters that are still alive and active (and in many cases, even playable) jump off of the screen. 

Now, Rugal? ... He jumped off of the screen. 

Now with how things were at the time, it could have been just an oversight. 

But, now because of how the XIV story line took place, Rugal's return is extremely likely. It will not be surprising if Rugal made his return as a boss in XV. But, it would also be hype as fuck. 

3 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

There is a part of me that believes that SNK (and by extension, SNK Playmore) at the time of KOF 2000 release were bringing Rugal back to begin with. 

Because, if you notice that "dead" character will *blink* out of existence when they complete their assist moves when the player uses them as strikers. 

The characters that are still alive and active (and in many cases, even playable) jump off of the screen. 

Now, Rugal? ... He jumped off of the screen. 

Now with how things were at the time, it could have been just an oversight. 

But, now because of how the XIV story line took place, Rugal's return is extremely likely. It will not be surprising if Rugal made his return as a boss in XV. But, it would also be hype as fuck. 

Believe me, I have said for  YEARS that Rugal should have been the end game for NESTS and the mastermind behind the whole thing, rather than the new guy Igniz.

The idea of him abducting and cloning Kyo, and then getting K' as his guinea pig, to act as a counter to Orochi's influence and thus perfect his control over his powers that got him so close to ultimate victory in KOF95 just lines up so well.

Dang it, when I met Nakayama backstage at Capcom Cup I should have asked him about that.  There were so many SNK lore things I wanted to ask him about but I didn't want to look like a mark in front of all of the Capcom brass.     

Edited by Psychoblue
10 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

The idea of him abducting and cloning Kyo, and then getting K' as his guinea pig, to act as a counter to Orochi's influence and thus perfect his control over his powers that got him so close to ultimate victory in KOF95 just lines up so well.

Here my take

Include also that Rugal they have is a clone not the actual Rugal.

A Clone Rugal with orochi power but no cybernetic implants

They think they can control and manipulate it like the Kyo clones thinking it won't fight back and serve there agendas until...

It went rampage...

Beating and killing them all as the winner team was supposed to face the Nest Bosses.

So technically it's not a Rugal from messed up plot of revival and return but rather a new one.

Edited by Shakunetsu
Just now, Dayaan said:

under Doctor Doom's iron mask, it's been Blanka all these years.

TOO MUCH THINKING. NEEDS MORE PUNCHING. 

Story should be:

Camera Pans, Ryu is training in a forest or some shit

RYU: Man, I love me some fighting. 

A twig snaps, Ryu turns towards the sound

RYU: Who's there? FIGHT ME

Out of the forest walks Guile, Captain America, and Iron Man

Captian America: Sure, the three of us are friends now cause we love America and are now a team of people that punch other people. You should form a team so we can all punch people

Ryu pulls out an old iPhone 4 Ken gave him and calls Megaman and Wolverine

Ryu: Hey, glad you both were already together so I didn't have to conference call. Call all your friends and enemies and tell them that it's time for punching. We're doing teams of three now, like mexican wrestling. 

AND SCENE 

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

TOO MUCH THINKING. NEEDS MORE PUNCHING. 

Story should be:

Camera Pans, Ryu is training in a forest or some shit

RYU: Man, I love me some fighting. 

A twig snaps, Ryu turns towards the sound

RYU: Who's there? FIGHT ME

Out of the forest walks Guile, Captain America, and Iron Man

Captian America: Sure, the three of us are friends now cause we love America and are now a team of people that punch other people. You should form a team so we can all punch people

Ryu pulls out an old iPhone 4 Ken gave him and calls Megaman and Wolverine

Ryu: Hey, glad you both were already together so I didn't have to conference call. Call all your friends and enemies and tell them that it's time for punching. We're doing teams of three now, like mexican wrestling. 

AND SCENE 

The after credits stinger can be the Warzard characters wandering into frame and declaring that "this time, it takes 4 to tango".

MvC4 comes out with 4 character teams, unites the world like the Bill & Ted song was supposed to, and cures covid. Later that year the 65,000 entrant online tournament concludes, after nary a hiccup of lag, with a GF so beautiful and awe inspiring that it redefines what humanity considers art.

*hazy dissolve to a man slowly waking up, he turns to his wife, tears visibly welling up in his eyes*

Mattatsu: "Honey, I had the most wonderful dream.... 😢"

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Didn't know that frames plays Red Earth. 

#bringbackWarZard2021

#Iwouldplaythatshit

#singleplayerfighterscanbecool

#ithurtslesstolosetoaCPU

Red Earth and BloodStorm were two games I always desperately wanted to play when I was younger. Despite having some remarkable arcade luck out here in the boonies I never came across either of those. And for whatever reason in the age of emulation I never fired them up. I think it was because I got lost in the layers and layers of delicious NeoGeo games I never played.

In the case of the latter, I got lucky. Red Earth always seemed neat. That is the kind of gonzo Capcom that I miss sometimes. 

That one is definitely in that category of games I wish they would unearth (har) more regularly instead of re-releasing Final Fight 1 for the 400th time.

My secret desire is for them to release a collection with Shadow Over Mystara and AvP. Licensing be damned, burn some of that MonHun money and make it happen. Then the two greatest beat 'em ups ever would be in one convenient place.

34 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

They did rerelease AvP. 

But it was trapped inside that ungodly Capcom fightstick monstrosity 

Yeah fuck those stunt releases. I meant like a normal release for not crazy people. I did legit forget about that ugly ass thing.

Just do a digital release called "Beat 'Em Up GOAT Pack", bundle SOM and AvP in it and call it a day.  Also good online co-op which means Capcom should probably outsource it. 🙃

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Homie, you're talking to the king shit of Idiot Fuck Mountain. 

It's not stupid to add a story, it's convoluted. The dummy solution would be 

"HEY YOU LIKE SPIDER-MAN? WANNA SEE HIM FUCK UP BLANKA? YEAH, US TOO!" 

And leave it at that

While i do agree that story on crossovers are unnecessary, the reality is that many fan, specially the peripheral fans of the games (the ones that like them for the chars and lore behind them but dont really play the games, at least not in gatherings and tournaments)  like to have stories accompanying the games.

Is the sole reason why we see stories added to games that dont need them beyond being an excuse for shit to happen, like racing games.

We dont really need a Need for Speed game to have cutscnes with a 4 to 8 hours campaing with a story to enjoy the racing.

(If you cant tell, i despise the addition of stories to the NFS series since it takes away from the only thing that matters that is racing, is in part why i dislike the tunning era of games, lol)

There is also this train of thought were fgs and games in general need to have a lot of content beyond the core experience to be considered premium games, or "comnplete".

Is no longer acceptable for a fg to just be an arcade mode with some little lore at the beginning and the end, a survival mode, the vs modes (online included) and the training mode.

In part because multipme companies keep adding new stuff, but also because consumers see a game lacking when compared to other games as lacking in content and not being worthy.

And lastly, i assume some people find it dissonant to have a game where you have multiple ips with decades of lore behind them, and some of those ips being known for in depth narratives, and not have the devs at least trying to justify it.

With CVS2 and SVC the story was flshed out on mangas, but now people want that in the games.

32 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Dan: "I'm going to show you some real martial ar-" 

Juri: "Pfft hah, hah!! Shut your monkey bitch ass up and take that sloppy, goofy, dog-shit out of here before I rip your balls off and shove em' down your throat!"

Nice artwork but this looks more like her senpusha rather than Kasatushu as it appears to have a pinwheel effect surrounding Juri though i admit her kick position resembles her kasatushu more. 

Good stuff regardless.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Dan: "I'm going to show you some real martial ar-" 

Juri: "Pfft hah, hah!! Shut your monkey bitch ass up and take that sloppy, goofy, dog-shit out of here before I rip your balls off and shove em' down your throat!"

This art shows Juri's feet and has a thumbs up from Skort. The art I posted without Juri's feet does not 🤔

12 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

There has to be something about twitter that rots the brain

Most people that don't even use Twitter anymore have actually shown far better progression in themselves and are generally happier. 

If a specific job (especially in the entertainment industry) requires the use of social media, it would probably be best to at least minimize its use. 

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

We dont really need a Need for Speed game to have cutscnes with a 4 to 8 hours campaing with a story to enjoy the racing.

(If you cant tell, i despise the addition of stories to the NFS series since it takes away from the only thing that matters that is racing, is in part why i dislike the tunning era of games, lol)

Nigga STOP

Need for Speed is the GOAT NFS game. That punk bitch Razor cheated us out of our BMW and we had to get it back.

Literal Shakespeare idk wth you’re on. 

4 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Nigga STOP

Need for Speed is the GOAT NFS game. That punk bitch Razor cheated us out of our BMW and we had to get it back.

Literal Shakespeare idk wth you’re on. 

Sorry nigga, but dunno what NFS you are talking about, lol.

Jumped from the series after Rivals.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

It was a GameCube game me and my friends played. Had cop chases, semi-open world, and a lot of my favorite cars at the time.

This game 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Most_Wanted_(2005_video_game)

You know, I liked MW 2005 and Carbon despite the story and being Tunning NFS games, but boy, i hated every time they forced me to stay away from racing due the unnecessary story mode that was top cringe.

Something similar happened with Midnight Club LA.

A game i enjoyed but man, i hated the story and the characters so much.

It even permeated into the core of the game, where the ingame dialogues the fuckers had were both edgy cringy shit and scrub mentality shit.

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SkortBuy Cyberpunk 2077

620175115_SkortV.thumb.GIF.87e71c20ebca82fe2d27dc4a807abbfd.GIF

My copy should arrive today (if Amazon doesn't fuck up).

I finally finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey just in time for Cyberpunk, my expectations for the game is to be kinda like Odyssey except, you know, good rather than just very large.

Also, Cyberpunk has a boob slider, making it automatically a good game.