Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

While I'm salivating at the chance to throw out EWGFs in this game, I'm curious how Tekken's movement translates into Smash. They showed him in the trailer Korean Backdashing ... does this mean we're gonna get actual commands like they did with Terry?

Def. Motion commands are the biggest weakness for smashers when they introduced Terry and ryu

15 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I watched that documentary on He-Man the other night and they were saying that it made making the movie real difficult because Mattel insisted that He-Man couldn't kill anyone because it was part of his good guy image. I still havent seen that movie and I was pretty into He-Man as a kid. 

Today I learned that I am probably not a hero.

DC asked the #HarleyQuinn team to remove a scene from Season 3 in which Batman performs oral sex on Catwoman. Why? "Heroes don't do that" @justin_halpern @PMSchumacker https://t.co/BSpuc1rjKE pic.twitter.com/jMOC2J6H22

— Joe Otterson (@JoeOtterson) June 14, 2021

TIL that I most definitely am not a hero.

Edited by JHDK
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

I like that they're adding fighting game characters to Smash because those characters have a little more meat to them than most of the rest of the cast. Plus its fun playing them against each other in stamina battles.

I appreciate the troll meta.

It is purloined letter levels of fantastic.

12 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

A Quintesson judge.

They were introduced briefly in the 1986 movie and then acted as villains in Season 3.

Ooooh. Yeah, I know who they are. I just couldn’t tell it was them. Once I really looked at the picture you can tell. 

🤣

Edit: this PS5 grind is REAL. Got a twitter alert that Target had some. I put one in my cart, but had to make a Target account first before checkout. They had no more after I was done making it. I think I'll just re-dedicate my PS5 budget. Doesn't seem like I'll get one this year, and I'm only buying it to have it anyway right now.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

this PS5 grind is REAL

Yeah homie, you gotta hit up that https://www.nowinstock.net/

Get the app it tells you to, and have it ping you for every store. 

I eventually got mine from gamestop, but it was a couple months of grinding it out every day. 

I actually technically nabbed 3, but had to cancel 2. My work computer thinks it's in the middle of nowhere (bout 2 to 2.5 hours away from here) and I secured one at the best buy and the target there for local pick-up only. So I did some catch and release. 

If you're willing to drive, find a Best Buy or Target in the middle of nowhere and buy it from those stores when they pop up. They get less stock, but waaaaaaay less people are trying to nab one and it's typically a lot easier to get one. My homie did this method and got his secured as soon as the next best buy drop happened. 

bruh... so the "palette-swap" shenanigans are happening with ACTUAL people in history as well?!?! 🤣

Well, I look forward to that Barbara Walters biopic in a few years with someone that looks like Lupita Nyongo playing Barbara.... or how about a George Washington mini-series featuring Idris Elba as George? 😆

Later on, we get Zac Effron playing Obama 🤣

hahaha imagine if someone produces a biopic about Dr. Martin Luther King....with John Leguizamo as MLK...

Edited by MillionX

...reminds me---I'm quite a bit behind on the character updates there; I still haven't bought Terry or Sephiroth.  (*that ugly Minecraft pile of shit is an embarrassment that can fuck right off...I wouldn't download that "character" even if they posted him for free 😆)

The "historical race-swap" thing is really bold, man... wow.  It also just hit me that *they* WILL have some excuses pre-loaded and ready to go:

"Well, ACTUALLY...the pictures you've seen of ____ are inaccurate.  Some historical accounts say this was indeed a black person ...but of course they covered it up so the race-swap already happened centuries ago bruh." or something to that effect.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

bruh... so the "palette-swap" shenanigans are happening with ACTUAL people in history as well?!?

Yeah, this kind of shit needs to fail. That makes 0 sense. 

31 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Good. More of them should think that way. 

I've been playing Smash since 64. Never once have I called into question whether or not it's a fighting game. Frankly, I couldn't care less. Knock a MOFO off the stage and call it a day. 

2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Frankly, I couldn't care less.

Too bad the FGC and gamers at large are mostly dweebs that like to argue about just about anything lol 

The shoto thing is cracking me up. Mostly cause smashers don't share a lexicon with the greater FGC anyways, and even then the FGC can't really agree on what a shoto is half the time. 

FGC: "So a shoto has a fireball, uppercut, and forward moving special move" 

Smash:"So Terry... isn't a shoto?"

FGC: "Exactly, he-"

FGC Dos: "Hold up, Terry is totally a shoto"

FGC Tres: "No he isn't, he doesn't even wear a gi!"

FGC:"*sighs* I'll go grab the charts..."

8 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Too bad the FGC and gamers at large are mostly dweebs that like to argue about just about anything lol 

The shoto thing is cracking me up. Mostly cause smashers don't share a lexicon with the greater FGC anyways, and even then the FGC can't really agree on what a shoto is half the time. 

I’ve never seen or heard this conversation happen and I’ve been going to tournaments since I was 14. 

I feel each major fighting game has their own term for the “shoto” arc type. Like how for the longest time Scorpion, Rain, Sub-Zero, Smoke and Ermac were just referred to as “the ninjas” or “pallet swap ninjas” And how Tekken just had the “Mishima’s”. 

Edited by iStu X
52 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

The FGC can't even agree on notation, partly because they can't seem to be bothered to actually do written resources anymore and would rather just have videos scattered around on youtube and social media. There are more resources today than ever, but it's a hell of a lot more "work" too. Some people are getting paid now, but most people never will, yet everyone's putting in way more work.

Smashers and unga Kens might be the last group of people that just are in it to have fun.

10 minutes ago, Serpent said:

The FGC can't even agree on notation, partly because they can't seem to be bothered to actually do written resources anymore and would rather just have videos scattered around on youtube and social media. There are more resources today than ever, but it's a hell of a lot more "work" too. Some people are getting paid now, but most people never will, yet everyone's putting in way more work.

Smashers and unga Kens might be the last group of people that just are in it to have fun.

Videos are eye catching and people want them. I like written resources myself (especially when I'm trying to compile tech) but people like videos and so that's what the content creators are going to make because the only return on making that other than personal satisfaction is clicks and follows.