Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

oh yeah I often get the Cascadian Farms cereals too... usually the "Oats and Honey" one or the Cinnamon; I think all of them are about 5.50 now.  The Cheerios Oat Crunch I like is also up to about 4.80 at this point.  Honey Bunches of Oats is another favorite of mine, and that one is still relatively cheap in comparison at least...I think it's only about 2.99 now.

One cereal I enjoyed as a kid that I'd never eat now---Frosted Flakes.  It's really just a case of there being so many better options I became aware of..."regular" Cheerios is another example of that.  There's no reason to settle for regular when Honey Nut Cheerios and now "Oat Crunch" exists.  So now... the last time I had regular Cheerios or Frosted Flakes was probably 8th or 9th grade.

19 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

My guess simply is those politicians are not favored by the agencies or at a level where they cannot have access to the bigger picture thus are unaware of what is really going on. 

Yea definitely. It's funny they thought they where. It's like every time a ex Trump Ally gets the bug eyes cuz he threw them under the bus. Not sure why you ever thought you where in the club in the first place short of being extremely gullible. 

Florida, which receives $1.15 from the federal government for every federal tax dollar it pays, sending immigrants at a cost in excess of $12,000 per person unannounced to Massachusetts, which only receives $0.88 back for every federal tax dollars it pays.

To try to tell Massachusetts to "put its money where its mouth is".  Right.

Meanwhile sending these people to the Ma equivalent of Key West, if Key West also happened to close the fuck down for winter.  Then has the temerity to bitch about the tiny island town not having enough soup kitchens already open.  While Fl itself isn't even a goddamned border state.

Lol, fuck this fucking country.

15 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Florida, which receives $1.15 from the federal government for every federal tax dollar it pays, sending immigrants at a cost in excess of $12,000 per person unannounced to Massachusetts, which only receives $0.88 back for every federal tax dollars it pays.

To try to tell Massachusetts to "put its money where its mouth is".  Right.

Meanwhile sending these people to the Ma equivalent of Key West, if Key West also happened to close the fuck down for winter.  Then has the temerity to bitch about the tiny island town not having enough soup kitchens already open.  While Fl itself isn't even a goddamned border state.

Lol, fuck this fucking country.

The weirdest thing about all of this is those people where in Texas. He paid for them to be planed from Texas to Mass. They weren't even in Florida, like what?

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

The weirdest thing about all of this is those people where in Texas. He paid for them to be planed from Texas to Mass. They weren't even in Florida, like what?

I was under the understanding that those being sent from Mass are exclusively from Florida. Abbott is being cheap and sending immigrants via bus to NY and DC (which by my account are hella long trips and reports have surfaced that they don't make ANY stops)

Hell sending them to DC is just HELLA petty because that just seems like a direct challenge to Biden. I mean, AFAIK DC itself is kind of a shitty place?

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It's a means of calling the bluffs of non-border states that want to claim some kind of moral high ground on a problem most of them don't even have. And predictably, they're complaining about it.

Congress hasn't passed any meaningful immigration legislation in decades, so, as with so many other things, a lot of the blame lies at their feet.

It's cruel and potentially illegal. There was no bluff to be called because the migrants were sent to Cape Cod where most sanctuary migrants are able to be taken care of in Massachusetts. Despite not being told at all they were coming and being lied to, they still took care of the situation with little notice.

I don't understand how someone can see this situation unfold, have a perpetrator admit he was involved from the beginning, and come to the conclusion that this is the fault of congress. That's denying responsibility and a classic move of career politicians with cynical intentions.

Edited by elliephil
9 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I was under the understanding that those being sent from Mass are exclusively from Florida. Abbott is being cheap and sending immigrants via bus to NY and DC (which by my account are hella long trips and reports have surfaced that they don't make ANY stops)

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/09/15/marthas-vineyard-texas/

Snopes is reporting they where from Texas. I can find more sources if needed 👍

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

kidnapping, also spelled kidnaping, criminal offense consisting of the unlawful taking and carrying away of a person by force or fraud or the unlawful seizure and detention of a person against his wil

You don't even know what the stipulations for kidnapping are. See that fraud part. Yea it counts. Lying to those people to get them on the plane to go somewhere they where lied about. That's fraud and falls under the definition of a kidnapping. Force is not required and never has been.  I don't need to provide a source for force because force isn't a requirement 

Im making 0 bad faith arguments, you just don't know what the fuck you are talking about. 

Most of your arguments are bad faith arguments which is why I really hard not to interact with you on topics that aren't video game related, because it's par for the course with you. I need to be better about not engaging, so that part's on me.

The kidnapping thing is an absolute stretch considering the goal for these folks was simply to get into the country, which they did. If they'd been taken FROM wherever they came from and then bussed somewhere in the US, then yeah that would more sense. Until someone can legally say this is kidnapping, it's all just people getting their panties in a twist because states that get a lot of illegal immigration are finding ways to give other states a taste of what it's like. They probably sent them to MV because most things aren't seen as a problem unless they're a problem for wealthy white folks.

30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Unlawfully moving people through the use of fraud, gee I wonder what that sounds like. 

The 8months of cash assistance and Refugee Employment services is straight from the mass.gov website: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/employment-for-refugees

48 minutes ago, elliephil said:

It's cruel and potentially illegal. There was no bluff to be called because the migrants were sent to Cape Cod where most sanctuary migrants are able to be taken care of in Massachusetts. Despite not being told at all they were coming and being lied to, they still took care of the situation with little notice.

I don't understand how someone can see this situation unfold, have a perpetrator admit he was involved from the beginning, and come to the conclusion that this is the fault of congress. That's denying responsibility and a classic move of career politicians with cynical intentions.

Had Congress passed meaningful legislation to help mitigate the issues that keep visa applications in the pipeline forever, and if the folks in question had come via legal channels, this situation more than likely wouldn't have happened. There isn't really a good guy here, no matter how much hyper emotional people want to act like there is.

Edited by DoctaMario
22 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Most of your arguments are bad faith arguments which is why I really hard not to interact with you on topics that aren't video game related, because it's par for the course with you. I need to be better about not engaging, so that part's on me.

No you just call them that because you can't counter them. You dismiss anything you can't argue against, and then you whatabout to try and pivot the conversation elsewhere and to other subjects while ignoring what's actually being discussed. You haven't refuted anything said today, just vague nothing responses. You should stop engaging with me on these topics you're making very little sense while making excuses for really gross behavior. Should probably stop.  

The 8months of cash assistance and Refugee Employment services is straight from the mass.gov website:

They where not promised this by the state of Mass, stop trying to excuse clear as fuck fraud Mario. Mass did not promise them this, there was no guarantee they where going to get it. Mass had no idea they where coming to even get the ball rolling on implementing this. Your excuses are paper thin and pathetic. 

Provides up to 8 months of cash assistance for income-eligible refugees without dependent children, who reside in Massachusetts. 

There are stipulations to qualify. There's no guarantee they all qualified, this even spells out you don't qualify if you have kids and many kids where on those planes. So fucking miss me with Florida making promises for a whole ass other state. Fuck off with that absolute nonsense. Florida does not get to make promises for Massachusettes. That's not how this shit works. 

Had Congress passed meaningful legislation to help mitigate the issues that keep visa applications in the pipeline forever, and if the folks in question had come via legal channels, this situation more than likely wouldn't have happened. There isn't really a good guy and a bad guy here, no matter how much hyper emotional people want to act like there is.

There absolutely is a badguy here no matter how much you try to down play what's going on. 

Edited by RSG3
42 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Had Congress passed meaningful legislation to help mitigate the issues that keep visa applications in the pipeline forever, and if the folks in question had come via legal channels, this situation more than likely wouldn't have happened. There isn't really a good guy here, no matter how much hyper emotional people want to act like there is.

No one would probably disagree with you on that. As someone who has had to navigate this immigration process, I agree. However, the issue I think boils down to State actors using migrant people to make a political statement and further an agenda. You know for a fact that people like DeSantis and Abbott are tapping into a fringe, non-moderate political faction in America that watches Fox News all day with this kind of stunt.

It's very unlikely those responsible will be tried for human trafficking. However, they did lie and purposefully send vulnerable people to a place that was unequipped to handle them. There is very clearly a "bad guy" in this situation. If you were to juxtapose that to the actual sanctuary state protections provided to illegal migrants, I think there is a clear boundary between "good" and "bad."

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah I often get the Cascadian Farms cereals too... usually the "Oats and Honey" one or the Cinnamon; I think all of them are about 5.50 now.  The Cheerios Oat Crunch I like is also up to about 4.80 at this point.  Honey Bunches of Oats is another favorite of mine, and that one is still relatively cheap in comparison at least...I think it's only about 2.99 now.

Target and Whole Foods have a coconut and cashew flavor that's very tasty, and not available in other stores. And also, surprisingly a little lower than in other supermarket chains

HG2501633.jpg

Aldi's has some good granola, there's even Oats and Honey that I like.

large_852c4fe2-01c9-4b28-aaee-1754bd3176

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Did you know that prisons cost the taxpayers $4 to 5 billion per year?

Eita GIF by TVE Bahia

That's just federal. State prisons cost taxpayers around $40 billion or so.

Supporting a place meant to lock criminals up and keep them away from society is the same as supporting people who are not legally allowed to live in somewhere?
Lmao at the logic.

Can a homeless bum just go in your house and stay there while you pay for all his food, electricity, heat, etc are you cool with that? 

4 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Supporting a place meant to lock criminals up and keep them away from society is the same as supporting people who are not legally allowed to live in somewhere?

Well they get medical coverage, 3 meals a day, free education, free gym, a place to sleep. 

Yea sounds like support. *shrug*

My uncle would get himself arrested on purpose so he could go to jail and have all the shit I just listed. 

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well they get medical coverage, 3 meals a day, free education, free gym, a place to sleep. 

Yea sounds like support. *shrug*

but they are still away from society, not supported to live in one. So it's logically not the same.

18 minutes ago, Lantis said:

What a stupid example

How is that stupid? You can answer that yourself, would you be cool if some random person you don't know  just lived in your home, where by law you are permitted to live in, while your money is supporting all his shit?

Edited by zatalcon3
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

kidnapping, also spelled kidnaping, criminal offense consisting of the unlawful taking and carrying away of a person by force or fraud or the unlawful seizure and detention of a person against his wil

You don't even know what the stipulations for kidnapping are. See that fraud part. Yea it counts. Lying to those people to get them on the plane to go somewhere they where lied about. That's fraud and falls under the definition of a kidnapping. Force is not required and never has been.  I don't need to provide a source for force because force isn't a requirement 

Im making 0 bad faith arguments, you just don't know what the fuck you are talking about. 

kidnapping is moving someone from one room to another room without their consent. therefore you cant push your gf or sibling from the kitchen into the living room. cuz kidnapping.

joey diaz should know considering he did time in prison for kidnapping.

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yes they are. Prison is a society. It's just a smaller confined one, it's still a society. They get better Healthcare then you do, for free. 

LOL at prison being a society. Prisons are institutions, not a society. 

A criminal behind bars is not the same as being free in a random city/neighborhood is it, it's really sad how obtuse some people are that they think  supporting the existence of prisons is the same as supporting a bunch of people who are not legally allowed to reside where you are in. This law is enforced everywhere in the world. 

Edited by zatalcon3
37 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Why the fuck would anybody want their hard earned money to support people who are breaking the law? 

That's what you asked, man. I was just pointing out that we spend a lot of money on prisoners, who are people who break the law. Then you got all butthurt 😂

I personally don't mind my tax dollars being spent on helping people out. That's what Jesus told me to do.

tumblr_1db8ac3d37ccd4d47467fe3605f098dd_

And then we had a pool party!

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

No you just call them that because you can't counter them. You dismiss anything you can't argue against, and then you whatabout to try and pivot the conversation elsewhere and to other subjects while ignoring what's actually being discussed. You haven't refuted anything said today, just vague nothing responses. You should stop engaging with me on these topics you're making very little sense while making excuses for really gross behavior. Should probably stop.  

You treating this like it's fighting games and not being willing to admit when you're wrong is why you don't think I've countered anything, while accusing me all the shit you e done during the course of this. Let's not forget that you weren't even willing to talk about why a governor doing something that likely isn't illegal is bad but folks jumping the border is ok, the latter of which is the big bang that caused this whole thing. You make the same emotional bad faith arguments all the goofy Twitter make and get mad when people don't agree with you just like they do. Bye.

54 minutes ago, elliephil said:

No one would probably disagree with you on that. As someone who has had to navigate this immigration process, I agree. However, the issue I think boils down to State actors using migrant people to make a political statement and further an agenda. You know for a fact that people like DeSantis and Abbott are tapping into a fringe, non-moderate political faction in America that watches Fox News all day with this kind of stunt.

It's very unlikely those responsible will be tried for human trafficking. However, they did lie and purposefully send vulnerable people to a place that was unequipped to handle them. There is very clearly a "bad guy" in this situation. If you were to juxtapose that to the actual sanctuary state protections provided to illegal migrants, I think there is a clear boundary between "good" and "bad."

If you've navigated the immigration process yourself, how do you feel about people who decide "fuck the process" and just jump the border? I'm not saying using people as pawns for political points is good, but as governors of states that have tangled with these are issues for a long long time, they're making a point about an issue that's seemed to have fallen on deaf ears in DC for decades. The immigration issues have been issues for a long time and no one's bothered to take up the mantle do anything about it. 

I've worked with and been friends with folks who were here illegally, and I've seen how they make life more difficult for themselves in a lot of ways by deciding they don't need to immigrate the way the country has decided, for better or worse, that immigrants need to.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

That's what you asked, man. I was just pointing out that we spend a lot of money on prisoners, who are people who break the law. Then you got all butthurt 😂

I personally don't mind my tax dollars being spent on helping people out. That's what Jesus told me to do.

tumblr_1db8ac3d37ccd4d47467fe3605f098dd_

And then we had a pool party!

All I am saying is theres a difference using our taxes for institutions that keeps criminals away from society and just allowing people to live somewhere illegally. You can't just live and work in china, denmark, egypt, india, etc with no visa or papers and it's top level douchebaggery and entitlement to demand those countries and its citizens to support you. 

Just now, zatalcon3 said:

All I am saying is theres a difference using our taxes for institutions that keeps criminals away from society and just allowing people to live somewhere illegally. You can't just live and work in china, denmark, egypt, india, etc with no visa or papers and it's top level douchebaggery and entitlement to demand those countries and its citizens to support you. 

Very odd specific countries you mentioned there, 3 of them you would probably die of poverty within days and the other, Denmark, would probably put you up in a $400,000 house and help you find a job.

8 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

I'm not as affected by the whole change but Trevor's views is stupid. 

This is the same heat people gave when they made Goku white and casted Scarlet Johansson for Ghost in the Shell.  The issue is that there is certain fandom that can't be fucked with and that's the shit of the 90's kid. It's like taking someone's childhood and vandalizing it with all these leftist political bullshit and then forcing it to be accepted or they will be judged as racists. Fuck that. What's next, Ellen Page is going to be the male interest?  

It's a lack of creativity just to get that easy snowflake/sjw money.

What's next, a black Zatalcon3? 

44 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

kidnapping is moving someone from one room to another room without their consent. therefore you cant push your gf or sibling from the kitchen into the living room. cuz kidnapping.

18 U.S. Code § 1201 - Kidnapping (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201)

Whoever unlawfully seizes, confines, inveigles, decoys, kidnaps, abducts, or carries away and holds for ransom or reward or otherwise any person, except in the case of a minor by the parent thereof, when—

inveigles: persuade (someone) to do something by means of deception or flattery
Definitions from Oxford Languages

Tricking someone to go some where is Kidnapping according to federal law 

31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You treating this like it's fighting games and not being willing to admit when you're wrong is why you don't think I've countered anything, while accusing

What does this even mean? Treating it like a fighting game? What? 

32 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Let's not forget that you weren't even willing to talk about why a governor doing something that likely isn't illegal is bad but folks jumping the border is ok,

Lol what? When did I say I wasn't willing to talk about that? I never said folks jumping the border was OK. I very specifically pointed out to you that I've been calling them Illigal aliens the entire time. I never gave them a pass. 

33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

the latter of which is the big bang that caused this whole thing.

No what caused this whole thing was DeSantis shipping Texas Migrants to Mass without telling those people the truth, or telling Mass they where coming. You are lying and I refuse to let you get away with it. You misrepresent the entire situation. 

34 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You make the same emotional bad faith arguments all the goofy Twitter make and get mad when people don't agree with you just like they do. Bye.

I'm actually making the same arguments real lawyers are making but you go ahead and deflect to Twitter instead of making a real point. Your real good at it. 

Bye I guess.