Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

No what caused this whole thing was DeSantis shipping Texas Migrants to Mass without telling those people the truth, or telling Mass they where coming. You are lying and I refuse to let you get away with it. You misrepresent the entire situation.

Which as I see it at least 3 laws are broken, 18 U.S. Code § 1201 - Kidnapping, 1907. Title 8, U.S.C. 1324(a)  prohibition on transporting illegal aliens, 34 U.S. Code § 10271 - Misuse of Federal assistance (i.e. Fedural Funds). 

26 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If you've navigated the immigration process yourself, how do you feel about people who decide "fuck the process" and just jump the border? I'm not saying using people as pawns for political points is good, but as governors of states that have tangled with these are issues for a long long time, they're making a point about an issue that's seemed to have fallen on deaf ears in DC for decades. The immigration issues have been issues for a long time and no one's bothered to take up the mantle do anything about it. 

I've worked with and been friends with folks who were here illegally, and I've seen how they make life more difficult for themselves in a lot of ways by deciding they don't need to immigrate the way the country has decided, for better or worse, that immigrants need to.

Since you asked, I am empathetic and understanding that people's situations are different. In this situation, these were migrants coming from Venezuela, a country currently facing extreme political instability. I am fortunate enough to be from a first-world nation like Canada. I never felt my life was in danger waiting for a visa. It's incredibly frustrating to have to wait just because you want to do the right and legal thing. Regardless, shipping people to DC's doorstep (or in this case, MA) and putting their well-being in jeopardy to advance a political talking point about tough borders and immigration reform is a morally and ethically terrible thing to do. I don't believe this is the right way to handle a contentious issue such as illegal immigration.

Trying not to go off on a tangent, but I believe discourse has been ruined in America through the internet, social media, and echo chambers validating whatever viewpoint you (or myself) want to believe is real. It's strange how life imitates art sometimes, such as Orwell's 1984 with doublespeak. It's easy to want to be right all the time and have all the answers, even if that means willful ignorance. Which honestly, I think where the issue of immigration comes down to. Just my two cents.

I can see how life becomes unnecessarily difficult by evading the immigration process. Knowing what I do know about immigration in the US, it creates more problems long-term evading it.

2 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Why the fuck would anybody want their hard earned money to support people who are breaking the law?  Imagine if I went to Japan illegally, should I force their citizens to pay for my shit? That is some straight hard douchebaggery over there. 

Because a lot of illegals are helping produce that hard earned money.

Because no one demanded it!

Spider-man's Greatest Moments:

In honor of Spidey's 60th anniversary, we take a look at the highs and lows of the wonderful webhead's career- in comics/shows/movies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 - August 1962

detail.jpg

This cover was drawn by Jack Kirby and inked by Steve Ditko.

AF was going to be cancelled, so publisher Martin Goodman allowed Stan Lee to do whatever he wanted- a young kid superhero who wasn't a sidekick and with money/girl problems that wasn't really commonplace at the time. Surprisingly, the sales were good leading to Spidey to continue his adventures in Amazing Spider-man the next year.

Stan Lee - lover  of electromagnetic spectrum  as plot device

392Jt.png

Peter lets his fame go to head, and learns a valuable lesson.

11.6-8.jpeg?fit=943,462&ssl=1

Batman: Vengeance as Spidey: Guilt

24 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Zata making it look like illegal immigrants just come here to sit at home and wait for handouts like your regular fat hillbilly. 😂

No, i'm not.  No matter what they are doing here has no matter. The law is the law and you can't argue in context with anything against me. Would it be wrong if South Korea, Japan, Mexico, deported an american for living there illegally? I doubt any of you would disagree with it, it's just here because leftist media made it popular. 

1 minute ago, zatalcon3 said:

Would it be wrong if South Korea, Japan, Mexico, deported an american for living there illegally?

A few years ago Japan deported a couple who had a daughter in Japan. They'd been living there illegally for over a decade, both employed and contributing to the country. They split the family up for the sake of laws. Could they have done just helped the family become citizens and kept them together? Yep. Did they? Nope.

The US has constantly flirted with just how much any one law applies to anybody. This is a Pay to Win country. If you got the money, you got the impunity for a lot of things. For all the huffing and puffing about illegals, the problem still remains that a lot of the country benefits from them and is happy to kick them out when they feel like it.

Which is basically the main problem here. DeSantis is huffing and puffing for the sake of low IQ voters.

The Voice is already up to season 22?!  I still think of that as a "recent" show but apparently it started in 2011... still, 22 seasons of it now.  (*ah, and The Batchelor is up to season 25...and here I was thinking that one would've been canceled after 1 season)  The delicious Camila Cabello is on there this season.  That little fine, borderline midget Cuban ass would get pounced on without question.

...y'know 1 thing a guy wouldn't have to deal with if they got with a Camila Cabello?  Those goddamn ugly ass bonnets.  It's a safe bet we won't ever see her proudly wearing that embarrassing bullshit anywhere.  Seriously, every time I see that shit in person it disgusts me.  I have a friend that keeps downplaying it like he's in denial about it for some odd reason.  Oh yeah, if I had the Infinity Gauntlet, that would indeed be one of the things I would gladly erase from the universe.  I'd erase it from all possible time as well...make it so no one ever invented the shit; no one ever wore it or even heard of it.  Yeah...that is the level of disdain I have for the bonnet trend.  

Edited by MillionX
36 minutes ago, Sonero said:

A lot of people shitting on illegals don't wanna talk about all the legals taking that money that illegals can't have.

:coffee:

Key words, illegals and legals. "taking money that illegals can't have". No shit, they are called illegal for a reason. 😂

If you guys are really not conforming to neo-political pop trends and are basing your views on things that you've carefully and independently thought out then answer this: do you think it's ok for a number of white americans from Alabama (just picking a random state) to just move to Japan,  occupy their land, taking job space and having the Japanese support them through their taxes, with out being approved by the government to reside there?  

Just now, MillionX said:

The Voice is already up to season 22?!  I still think of that as a "recent" show but apparently it started in 2011... still, 22 seasons of it now.  The delicious Camila Cabello is on there this season.  That little fine, borderline midget Cuban ass would get pounced on without question.

...y'know 1 thing a guy wouldn't have to deal with if they got with a Camila Cabello?  Those goddamn ugly ass bonnets.  It's a safe bet we won't ever see her proudly wearing that embarrassing bullshit anywhere.  Seriously, every time I see that shit in person it disgusts me.  I have a friend that keeps downplaying it like he's in denial about it for some odd reason.  Oh yeah, if I had the Infinity Gauntlet, that would indeed be one of the things I would gladly erase from the universe.  I'd erase it from all possible time as well...make it so no one ever invented the shit; no one ever wore it or even heard of it.  Yeah...that is the level of disdain I have for the bonnet trend.  

I thought the bonnet was a blue collar black folks thing, but my mom said her endocrinologist started wearing one when seeing patients.

This woman is classy and older (50s?) according to my mom. I guess this is a popular trend lol.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Because a lot of illegals are helping produce that hard earned money.

To add to your statement

Because there an actual full migrant worker industry, with workers doing seasonal rotations is how alot of the labor is done in this country.
Especially agriculture, find me an American who willing to pick cabbage in 100 degree + weather 10 hours a day 5 days a week.

And yes there is a Legit Documented Migrant worker force that moves about the US and Mexico seasonally to where ever the work is, make money and send it home working difficult agricultural roles. There a whole support industry built around the Documented Migrant workers, transport, support, lodging, meals, ect. 

Most of the illegal force is being taken advantage of and being cheated out of their pay and benefits. The other part of the equation alot of conservatives refuse to look at is that most of the illegal activities aren't done by the illegal nationals, its the bad employers and con men willing to exploit them, and it gets to the point that it's dangerous for the Undocumented  Migrant workers. 

Immigration both legal and documented and illegal is how we avoid population collapse. Except for poor rural and urban areas, most American families are having fewer and fewer kids, with many adults not wanting to have children. Eventually without a influx of new/young workers the system topples over as there more seniors citizens than there are contributors in society. The country that facing that the most is Japan, its bad enough where they reconsider some of their immigration policies.  It's also how we keep our domestic produce prices low, Migrant workers both documented and undocumented. 

Spoiler

Brooklyn Bishop Lamor Whitehead was released by police after getting into a physical scuffle with a woman during the livestream of his service.

It’s not the first time Whitehead’s service has gone off the rails. In July, the pastor was robbed at gunpoint and claimed that hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry was stolen from him and his wife.

Whitehead was preaching at the Leaders of Tomorrow International Ministries when two women interrupted his service. The bishop was speaking on stage when he appeared to refer to the women by saying, “while they take pictures and want to be on social media.”

He continued saying, “take the pictures” louder and louder as one woman approached the stage. Whitehead grabbed her by the neck and pushed her out of frame.

“Grab her out! Grab her out!” he can be heard saying off camera.

He then said he feels “threatened” and returned to the stage.

“You’re not going to come into my space!” Whitehead said.

Police said the woman approached Whitehead in an “antagonizing manner,” the New York Post reported.

Whitehead and the woman, identified as Tarsha Howard, were taken into police custody, with Whitehead later being released and Howard charged with trespassing and disrupting a religious service.

Whitehead later addressed grabbing the woman in a Facebook livestream, saying, “No one is going to come at my family, and no one is going to hurt my family ever again.”

The bishop claimed the incident and being taken into police custody “publicly embarrassed” him.

“They lock me up in front of my children, in front of my wife, in front of my church,” he told New York Daily News. “They publicly embarrassed me and then they drop all the charges after two hours and apologize to me.”

He claimed Howard came close to his wife and he was more alert because of the previous robbery.

“I grabbed her and took her out of my church,” Whitehead said. “All I could remember was the guys with the guns who put their gun in my baby’s face.”

Interesting... so Lupita was supposed to be in this but turned it down for the reasons you might expect 😆  Moist I mean Boyce was on the case with a live-stream of course:

So far, sadly I see a lot of people/acquaintances I know on FB...all black women.... going on and on about this movie being so great and awesome (*but totally not biased at all though, right?  Sure)  

Note---It's made 19 million at the box office so far; budget appears to be 50 mil.

Anyway, good for Lupita that she turned it down instead of proceeding with a "eh, it's a paycheck" mentality.  I'm wondering now if the other actresses knew but still went along with it.

Edited by MillionX
12 hours ago, Crucades said:

Very odd specific countries you mentioned there, 3 of them you would probably die of poverty within days and the other, Denmark, would probably put you up in a $400,000 house and help you find a job.

Not only is your response irrelevant but it's also meaningless, no matter what countries I mention no one can just live there illegally. I guess straying away in context to the point is the response I should always have to expect here especially when the majority is about conformity rather than independent thinking.

17 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

Not only is your response irrelevant but it's also meaningless, no matter what countries I mention no one can just live there illegally. I guess straying away in context to the point is the response I should always have to expect here especially when the majority is about conformity rather than independent thinking.

You need to get off the drugs son.

You are aware that your country has an ethnical obligation to Central America, the Middle East and South East Asia right?

It's what happens when you destabilise regions to the extent that the people face constant risk of life, poverty and indignation. With no other choice but to flee their homelands.

You talk about laws like they are some black and white immutable thing yet they were broken enough to cause the very thing your crying about.

You are one dumb fuck.

11 minutes ago, Crucades said:

You need to get off the drugs son.

You are aware that your country has an ethnical obligation to Central America, the Middle East and South East Asia right?

It's what happens when you destabilise regions to the extent that the people face constant risk of life, poverty and indignation. With no other choice but to flee their homelands.

You talk about laws like they are some black and white immutable thing yet they were broken enough to cause the very thing your crying about.

You are one dumb fuck.

No, we don't have an ethnical obligation that just allows people to live here illegally. 

Laws in terms of immigration are black and white, if you think I'm wrong then why not try to get a group of white folks in your state to just move to a country in central america, middle east, or SEA with out any documentation, and tell me if they can do that and not be at risk of getting detained or deported if those governments find out about them, i mean if i'm a "dumb fuck and all".. 

16 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Well they get medical coverage, 3 meals a day, free education, free gym, a place to sleep. 

Yea sounds like support. *shrug*

My uncle would get himself arrested on purpose so he could go to jail and have all the shit I just listed. 

American prisons could really be a place to reform people. The tools and programs are there. Unfortunately those that could be reformed. Get tossed in with the monsters that are beyond redemption. And it's either adapt or die.

Some are able to avoid problems and actually use the provided programs and tools to reform themselves. And others are not so fortunate. 

Finally saw the episode of She-Hulk with Megan Thee Stallion. Whole episode was great. Finally clicked now that this is just a MCU version of the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law show  (guess this is what the BIG WINK with the title for She Hulk was supposed to be) but it doesn't get into that groove until the 3rd episode.

I legitimately don't understand why people hate this show. Even the thing with her twerking being some silly post credit scene was great. Its a fun post credit scene and people just shat all over the show for no reason.

These nerds are fucking ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Finally saw the episode of She-Hulk with Megan Thee Stallion. Whole episode was great. Finally clicked now that this is just a MCU version of the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law show  (guess this is what the BIG WINK with the title for She Hulk was supposed to be) but it doesn't get into that groove until the 3rd episode.

I legitimately don't understand why people hate this show. Even the thing with her twerking being some silly post credit scene was great. Its a fun post credit scene and people just shat all over the show for no reason.

These nerds are fucking ridiculous.

I'm inclined to agree with you for the most part. To me the show is the strongest when it leans into the lawyer aspects. Now MCU Taskmaster? I'll die on that hill.

59 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I dont think most mahvel fans wanted a marvel version of harvey birdman staring a green broad who twerks in the office and has a period.

Yeah they're just fucking dumb. They're getting a show that's dealing with all the weird goofiness of the rest of the Marvel universe and getting bent out of shape for no reason. Oh no a chick has chick problems. People are so far up their ass that they can't even relate to somebody having a bad day at work.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm inclined to agree with you for the most part. To me the show is the strongest when it leans into the lawyer aspects. Now MCU Taskmaster? I'll die on that hill.

Show is pretty strong all around. Its just really silly the things people decided to take issues with. They made out the Megan Thee Stallion thing to be a bigger deal than it actually was on the show. Whole story about some sold old broad shapeshifter finessing people got turned into...Oh no show is terrible because she twerked for 6 seconds in the post credit scenario.

She worked with a douchebag. Did anybody talk about how the guy is just a douchebag? Nah, the douchebag had to be a standing for how feminism views men because reasons. It can't be that Jennifer Walters is bad at dating, its also feminism. This broad can't have a life in this show because its all feminism. That's how you know dudes are tripping.

Also Tatiana Maslany is hot AF. She was hot in Orphan Black and she is hot here too. Haters can hold that.

The She Hulk show borrows heavily from Dan Slotts run. Which is honestly one of the only good thing he’s ever wrote. The fourth wall breaking is more in line with John Byrnes run. The show is a really good mix of both. I love it. 

It’s arguably the best MCU limited show they’ve done so far. I say arguably because I absolutely fucking loved WandaVision and Loki. 

Edited by iStu X