Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Yes. He's a kinda-famous right-wing commentator who has some novels out there himself. And if you're wondering, yes; his own writing puts him in NO spot to talk shit about Rian Johnson. It doesn't put him in the right status to talk shit about anyone who made it to Hollywood and can get steady work, really.

9 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Speaking of Glass Onion, Ben Shapiro has a thread on why it sucks. It's good if you want to cringe or laugh at how stupid someone is.

It does not get better from there.

This is tough, as I'm not a fan of either him and Rian Johnson... I will agree only to the extent that the twist is poorly written and lazy. I think the more fun twist in the film was...

Spoiler

vigilante justice at the end.

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

This is tough, as I'm not a fan of either him and Rian Johnson... I will agree only to the extent that the twist is poorly written and lazy. I think the more fun twist in the film was...

Reveal hidden contents

vigilante justice at the end.

I liked the twist, but also liked what you talk about with the ending.

Spoiler

I thought for sure that tape recorder would come back into play. I was waiting for it after Miles burned the napkin. But I liked what they did a lot better.

Back to Shapiro: he somehow fumbles something I'd agree with:

Spoiler

He says that any of Miles' friends could have burned him down on their own and reaped massive benefits off the clout. This is what I say about most wide-reaching conspiracy theories. A few clout-hungry or just moral whistleblowers with legit evidence of fraud could blow the top off the whole thing.

But this is different, in that there's no evidence, and Miles' friends already perjured themselves on the stand thinking there's no evidence. They can't go whistleblower now, as we'd see a lot of the elon-style deepthroating we see today, and Miles could tear them apart with an army of lawyers.

Also, Ben gets the sweatshop wrong. He says it's Malaysian, but it's in Bangladesh.

What were your favorite movies of this year?

I'm going to cheat and have a lot of ties.   Sorry.

some of these have same numeric scores, but there were a few minor things that caused me to knock some down or up.

1) The Batman /Top Gun: Maverick

2) Sonic 2 / Everything Everywhere all at once

3) BP 2

4) Avatar 2/ Dr. Strange 2

5) The Lost City

6) Black Adam/Thor 4

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

some of these have same numeric scores, but there were a few minor things that caused me to knock some down or up.

3) BP 2

5) The Lost City

6) Black Adam/Thor 4

I'll circle back to this after I finish Glass Onion. 

8 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I needed a refresher. 2022 felt so long, I was sure some of the movies I’ve seen didn’t release this year. Anyway, mine’s are:

1) Bullet Train

2) The Batman

3) Sonic 2

4) Glass Onion

5) Death on the Nile

6) Nope

7)  Scream (2022)

😎 Ambulance

There are still some movies that I need to make time to see (EEAAO, Top Gun: Maverick, DBS: Super Hero, Prey, Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent), but those up there are the movies I really enjoyed this year.

Forgot Nope came out this year. Adding that.

Edited by BornWinner

^ha, all that is yet another reason I'd never willingly live in New York or the other northern states.  The only upside to winter weather is that it means all the annoying insects are no longer a problem.  Everything else about it is horrible.

I haven't seen much this year in the way of movies that are new--- so it's a short list for me...

The Batman,

Black Adam

Prey -one of the biggest surprises; I did not have high expectations on this one.

Hellraiser

Day Shift...  I think Day Shift would've been better as a regular series (generally speaking, a series is a much better story-telling format than movies just by default, imo).  There wasn't much else this year that interested me.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

3) BP 2

5) The Lost City

6) Black Adam/Thor 4

Gonna only post the movies I watched on theaters

Nope, Bullet Train, Maverick and The Batman.

I hope that Puss in Boots 2 lives to be on that list

Sonic 2 was also good the same for Black Adam.

But wouldn't go to say they were of my favorites.

I have yet to watch EEAAO since it never came here.

I missed Violent Night because my parents were with covid and I was taking care of them while it was on theaters here.

I also missed TLC, which I really wanted to watch on theaters.

Everything marvel was underwhelming to said it nicely.

The same with the disney animated movies.

5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Gonna only post the movies I watched on theaters

Nope, Bullet Train, Maverick and The Batman.

I hope that Puss in Boots 2 lives to be on that list

Sonic 2 was also good the same for Black Adam.

But wouldn't go to say they were of my favorites.

I have yet to watch EEAAO since it never came here.

I missed Violent Night because my parents were with covid and I was taking care of them while it was on theaters here.

I also missed TLC, which I really wanted to watch on theaters.

Everything marvel was underwhelming to said it nicely.

The same with the disney animated movies.

Puss in boots 2 is safely in the favorites of the year, an excellent movie.

Gonna make an addition, Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio .

Is another one that is excellent.

21 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

3) BP 2

5) The Lost City

6) Black Adam/Thor 4

I haven't seen many movies this year, so I don't even think I can hit five. Let's see:

1.) Everything Everywhere All At Once

2.) The Batman

3.) Glass Onion

4.) Top Gun Maverick

5.) The Northman.

At the moment, these are in no particular order. Just numbering stuff.

EDIT: I forgot Nope.

Edited by axeman61

That was Glass Onion for me. Saw it twice in theaters, and would have seen it a third time if Google didn't lie about it playing at a certain theater. That misdirect is the only reason I saw Black Panther 2 btw. It was OK, but Lupita's ass was oscar-worthy. I legit took my 3D glasses off because I thought the 3D was making it look better. Nah. Just her. Her man better be praying to Bast every night.

The best movies I saw this years were:

1.  Top Gun 2 - Tom Cruise is still the man, Praise Xenu!

2.  The Bad Guys:  Unbelievably well cast and acted film with a funny script.  Unreal how good that movie was considering it was just a kids movie.

3.  The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: Nic Cage is Nic Caging in a movie about Nic Cage being Nic Cage.    STRAP IN MOTHER FUCKERS, BECAUSE WE ARE REACHING A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF CAGE!

One of the many things that would be interesting to ask about if one ever met an Eben/Grey alien is about the other factions... to see how much they know, if anything about the others... like what is the state of their relations to the "Nordic" or "Tall Whites", or whatever they call themselves?  ..or the reptilian ones?  What about the so-called "Shadow People", if they are even aliens...?

...that one is actually more interesting as there's even more questions there; we kinda know the deal already with Greys assuming they are in fact real and have been visiting... the shadows are even more of an unknown thing, if real ---what if the "shadows" are something else entirely?  Demons?  Djinn?  Wraiths? ...beings from another dimension?  ...or the current iteration of the "Majestic 12" or MIB?  That would be the least interesting explanation though; I'd be disappointed if they're real BUT the reality is that it's just humans using some secret CIA/Dept. of Defense technology to appear as ghostly "shadow people" for some reason....that explanation is just not as cool as them being demons, wraiths or aliens.

21 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

My list:

1-The Batman

2-Glass Onion

3-Nope

4-Doctor Strange 2

5-Black Adam

I didn't see a lot of movies this year, and I am burnt out on MCU movies. I will only focus on just characters I want to follow or Avenger movies going forward.

Edited by Jurassic
6 hours ago, Daemos said:

Everything, Everywhere is easily is the best movie this year for me. Avatar 2, Northman, X, Pearl, TAR, Piggy, and even the new Hellraiser ended up being a treat but EEAAO was really something special. Michelle deserves the academy.

Thanks for the reminder. I missed The Northman in theatres. I think it's on one of the streaming services. I want to see if it knocks Top Gun out of my number 1 spot.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Thanks for the reminder. I missed The Northman in theatres. I think it's on one of the streaming services. I want to see if it knocks Top Gun out of my number 1 spot.

The Northman didn't impress me that much. I was entertained, but it was a one and done. There is one specific moment that happens in the main character's quest that made me question "why are we doing this then". 

^I am suddenly interested in that movie if Lupita is in there with a sundress on...

I'm just now getting caught up on things with that ridiculous list of "problematic" words Stanford posted... "brave" is a problem? 🤣  You know it's bad when even the silly ass "Young Turks" have a laugh about it; oh yeah they had a video covering this shit too.

I guess Disney's movie "Brave" and the movie "Braveheart" is problematic by default according to the clowns that came up with that list.  Also... since when are "noble and courageous" some BAD qualities for any person to have?