Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

MK Fatality Thoughts:

MK4 (1997)

IMO, MK4 fatalities improved somewhat. I'd say 4 and MK5 are both "solid".

With the move to polygons, many of them were redos of klassic ones but in 3d.

I did like how the life bars lifted out out of the way when the move is performed.

My fav-  Quan Chi Leg rip

I consider this "darkly comic"

Runner up.

A proper "animality" for the appropriate kharacter.

I feel this is an underrated finisher.

Im not sure which is the "worst" fatality in MK4.

I guess I'll put Tanya's triple neck breaker.

No blood, and the enemy is essentially dead after the first action , so the other breaks are mostly pointless.

Edited by DangerousJ
2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Welp that kills my main reason for ever using the platform. BUT before I change anything on my profile...we'll see what the after effects will be. Still twitter isn't dead even with this. until it's literally a ghost town OR the site is offline, it's still here. This is also a reason why for years while most mocked the idea of using alt site, why it's important to always have alternatives. 

I've never heard of half the platforms in that list. Still, the shovel Elon's digging his hole with has to wear out at some point.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I've never heard of half the platforms in that list. Still, the shovel Elon's digging his hole with has to wear out at some point.

To be honest most normies never need to know of alternatives because for the average person why would you venture out of YouTube/Twitter/IG/FB? 

I also voted no to keep Elon in charge. GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP Capt! 

They actually did it----so "Supernatural", one of my favorite shows, and one of the only genuinely good things to come from the CW network.... I saw the "Complete Series" box set at Walmart earlier today!!  Hell yeah I'll be getting that a bit later for sure (too much damn Christmas spending going on at the moment).  Of course it's insane since that show went for 15 seasons....so it's $150.  Hell yes I must have this.  

...sure would be nice to have another real vacation that is not Christmas at the moment.  That damn "holiday" just becomes too much of a hassle as an adult.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkT99T4XoAEEMBN?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkT99T4XoAEEMBN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also:

EDIT:

EDIT:

Maybe the real life Johnny Cage is Tom Cruise.

LOOOOOL:

The olden days:

MySpace, Excite, AIM, Google+, Friendster, Vine, Yahoo Messenger, Angelfire, GeoCities, Napster, LimeWire, AskJeeves, altavista, etc...

google groups acquired dejanews and the likes like the alt.games.* threads. They still exist on the Internet!!!

Check it out. This group has over 30,000 threads and you can still reply to one from the 1990s!!!!

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.sf2

EDIT AGAIN:

Is this Sherry Jenx (or however you spell it)? I do remember a Jenn Dolari from the 1990s Mortal Kombat days and so forth.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.mortal-kombat/c/uE_m7iGVaEM

Edited by Jion_Wansu
7 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

My old Myspace page is still up but outside of the promo pic, all the photos are gone. My music tags themselves are still up but none of the songs actually play either. Myspace was great, it was a better overall site than Facebook until they started trying to incorporate features Facebook had and being in that it was originally geared towards musicians, it made getting your music out there pretty easy.

ha, that brought back memories... I had a Geocities website.  I went out of my way to make it as wild and horribly disgusting as possible.  I had pics ripped straight from Goregallery and some perverted stuff too, like that infamous "tubgirl" picture....oh yes, I had it on my page, along with some other nasty ones, along with my ranting and raving about random shit....basically what I'd imagine my own shock-jock "show" to be if I had one.  I should've saved a snapshot of how it all looked...those were great times.  (**the tubgirl pic itself; I still have that... sadly the other ones are gone though, or I just don't know where they are.)

There were other "make your own page" services too, also with easily understood page-builder apps; I had a page at "Homestead" and another one called "Delphi".

On 11/30/2022 at 10:40 PM, DangerousJ said:

Spider-man's Greatest Moments:

Arguably the end of the "classic" Spider-man era, this issue brings us the most popular villain outside of the Lee/Ditko/Romita era. (for good or ill)

"Venom"  (ASM 300)   (1988)

(I have this image  as a refrigerator magnet.)

OnNNyEHRorBAt6ohthiMijMAJiEEX2e10e5mmKBq

Why is it the "end of an era"? 

3 reasons.

1) Pete and MJ are recently married (It happened in at 1987 annual but in ASM chronology it was just a few issues ago.

2) Todd McFarlane's run just started in #298 and will redefine Spidey visually for the next decade. Having him draw the debut of Venom will only make this clear that this Image era is beginning.

3) IMO, the decline of story relative to art begins here in the Spider-titles.

Venom spooks MJ and forces them to move to a new apt.

Pete gets the sonic blaster and thinks his spidey-sense will protect him from the alien, but..

20GL8Q7vHm18JE7aeVFENay_r4ynRHYcgQ-lrXCR

Apparently, Brock's origin is tied into the serial killer known as Sin-Eater who killed Capt. Jean DeWolff and others.

He reported that Emil Gregg was the murderer, but as the story showed, Gregg was a disturbed man who only thought he was sin-Eater.

When spidey/DD revealed that the real killer was Stan Carter, Brock was fired and forced to write about  celebrity"  drivel.

Brock decided to commit suicide in the Lady of Saints church when suddenly...

py2rahLDyuYOqkAax76gqxt3bD-x94XJQNT4AuUZ

Brock webs Spidey to a bell clapper intending to squash him, but Spidey ingeniously gets him to use up all his webbing that is generated by the symbiote.

qUI5gn-eUPe5itEJvil4cG3Z8Qt9W2ygAAwkThRo

After dropping off Venom at FF HQ, MJ and Pete decide that the black costume is not the side he wishes to show the world and so...

amazing-spider-man-300-new-beginnings-sp

It's still wild to me that it took this long for Marvel to come up with a Bizarro Spider-man and find sustained success. Originally that was going to be the Scorpion and then they jobbed him out double-time. Then it was the Tarantula and he never went anywhere. There was the clone that later became Ben Reilly but the less said on that, the better (and now he's one of the top heels, go figure). 

Ohhh it never gets old, laughing at so many of these ladies out there with outrageous expectations...

One woman's answer regarding a car that's "a little more realistic?"-----was a Ferrari. 🤣

**This reminds me--- Fresh & Fit have that female delusion calculator so often on their podcast... I found out there's a male delusion calculator as well!  It's interesting to see the results when you start entering some "specifications" of your ideal woman:

https://realitycalc.com/ 

One set of specifications I just entered yielded 28% probability, actually.

Edited by MillionX
17 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Im gonna drink so muchthis weekend til I can't feel feelings. I want my buddies to have to carry my monkey ass out the club 😂

I used to say the complete opposite. I'll only have two beers. But then I'd end up getting blackout drunk and have to be carried out.

Every. Single.Time.

Edited by Chadouken
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I used to say the complete opposite. I'll only have two beers. But then I'd end up getting blackout drunk and have to be carried out.

Every. Single.Time.

It works like that for me too. And then other nights when I'm like "Imma get fuuuuuuuucked uuuuppp!" I'm home in bed by 930-10pm after 2 drinks 😂

Edited by DoctaMario

Happy Birthday to @DangerousJ and @Genghis_Dong.

Also, did you guys (not just you two) see The Quartering practically begging Elon to not step down as CEO of Twitter? I've seen ISIS beheading videos that make me cringe less. He's a prime example of why I jumped out of the Anti-SJW rabbit hole even though I AM Anti-SJW.

I don't seek him out, but everytime something he does comes across my radar, it's pure "what the fuck are you doing?"

Edited by axeman61