Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

8 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah man, for me it was the worst and weirdest cough I've ever had. Hope you get over it quick.

my mom has that cough. she doesnt have covid anymore but the cough is still there a lil. 

covid causes an inflammation/immune response in the lungs. remember that covid doesnt kill. its the immune and inflammation response that killed people.

gotta intake anti-inflammatory herbs. and omega 3. like fish oil, algae,etc

as for my mom shes back home and out the hospital.

lower spine still hurts. but better. 

now to rebuild her like the six million dollar man. gonna cook highly nutritious food for her and give her lions mane mushroom daily so she can rebuild her nerve cells.

ha, that vid about the guy asking out 100 girls... the acquisition of a date doesn't really mean much, really.  In that case, the occasional 1 may say "yes" simply because this is being filmed... besides that, there's no obligation to go further than agreeing to a date anyway... and even worse, some women will agree to a date just for the free stuff/attention.....but of course that is one of those things a lot of people like to pretend the "foodie call" situation isn't a reality, since we like to go through all kinds of mental gymnastics to remove even the slightest bit of blame and negativity from women in general.  That initial hurdle of getting a "yes" to a date doesn't mean anything by itself.

^Interesting; I didn't expect that to be quite so old but some search results are going back 3 years... though I'm sure the concept itself goes back much further than that anyway.  This has been a delicious daily dose of Debbie Downer commentary.

The BBC noted New Zealand already has very low rates of smoking – 9.4 percent of adults last year,  eight percent this year, and perhaps less than five percent by 2025. Maori citizens smoke at a much higher rate of 19.9 percent, which would seem to make the new law more burdensome for them, although health officials took the opposite perspective and said Maori health would be even more dramatically improved by wiping out tobacco use.

“This legislation accelerates progress towards a smoke-free future. Thousands of people will live longer, healthier lives and the health system will be $5 billion better off from not needing to treat the illnesses caused by smoking, such as numerous types of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, amputations,” declared Associate Health Minister Dr. Mayesha Verrall.

“There is no good reason to allow a product to be sold that kills half the people that use it, and I can tell you that we will end this in the future, as we pass this legislation,” Verrall told Parliament.

Denmark and the United Kingdom are considering similar plans to eliminate smoking with a steadily increasing minimum age. The Danish government said its plan could only be implemented if changes were made to the European Union’s Tobacco Products Directive.

13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/523233-netflix-announces-a-city-hunter-film-adaptation-ryohei-suzuki-to-star

Netflix to produce live action City Hunter film starring Ryohei Suzuki in 2024!

While NF quality is a mixed bag, I am excited!

Get wild and tough!

Need them to slow TF down cause they JUST announced a live action MHA movie this week.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/netflix-boards-my-hero-academia-live-action-movie-legendary-1235280318/

MHA is one of those Anime series that I'm pretty confident can work cause on a surface level it's just X-Men if the X-gene spread to 95% of the human population.  My issue is it feels like Netflix is trying to do the shotgun method out of desperation for a hit in this area.  Saying the batting average on this hasn't been great is an understatement but they're still throwing money at it.  You'd think they'd try to focus on one thing at a time until they get it right but whatever...

Welp...it's official.  Cavill is no longer Superman

God damn Gun.  This plan you got for DC better be good cause I liked Cavill as Supes despite the shit lines he was given in BvS.

I don't even know what the plan is right now...are we fully rebooting or just scrubbing some movies here and there that won't be canon?  And if that's the case then which ones?  Feels like they might be just scorching the Earth and starting over....if that's the case are they still gonna go through with Ezra Miller's Flash movie?   You know...the movie that probably should either replaced him as lead or been canceled a long time ago?

On 12/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, axeman61 said:

Wondering how they're going to do fatalities in the next MK. MK11 has the best presentation of them yet. Fatals, shockingly, aren't a huge part of MK, but I find myself surprised at how they up the ante game after game. MK11 is the first time I don't think whatever they do for fatalities next could possibly measure up.

I would kill (pun intended) for they to dial it down, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down, since it has come to a point that it produces ptsd to the people working on it due the amount of reference they had to go to do what? Animations that get old after 2 or 3 times and lost the fucking point of them (the fatalities), which was that it was goofy violence that bordered into cartoony shit that made it fun.

Specially since it has become stupidly hypocrite to have hyperviolence to such degree but at the same time shun down any sexy elements.

Is funny how MK11 is the most technically sound and with better fidelity in its presentation, but for me at least, has become the most forgettable of all the games from NRS.

MK9 was where it was, and MKX as second.

MK11 is just meh.

Edited by Hecatom
57 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Henry Cavill isn't the Witcher anymore, he's not Superman anymore, wtf is this man doing with his career?

Superman situation was out of his control. DC hired new management shortly after telling him he was back. New management is blowing up everything and starting over. The Witcher was his choice and I don't blame him. He was and still is too nice to through them under the bus but one of former writers did. The show is helmed by people that don't like the IP. Looking back on all of his interviews now, you can see him nicely saying as much. Season 2 of The Witcher was  shit show and season 3 must before worse for Cavill to nope out of it. I personally don't think there will be a Season 4. 

It would be funny to see how far the ratings or whatever they call it for streaming goes way down in a Witcher season without Henry, especially with the other shit being exposed (people running the show that apparently don't like the IP...."oh how surprising.", btw.)

I never got caught up with it though; I watched the first episode of season 1 and enjoyed it, but nothing beyond that... another case of there just being too many other shows and games taking up my time in that moment.

...and yeah I'm already wondering exactly how Netflix will ruin My Hero Academia.  Usually I'd prefer anime/cartoons to just stay in animated form... I don't really look forward to live-action versions...certainly not with any high expectations of quality.  Visually-speaking, it's hard for live-action to ever truly compete with good animation of "cool stuff happening", at least to me.

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I would kill (pun intended) for they to dial it down, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down, since it has come to a point that it produces ptsd to the people working on it due the amount of reference they had to go to do what? Animations that get old after 2 or 3 times and lost the fucking point of them (the fatalities), which was that it was goofy violence that bordered into cartoony shit that made it fun.

Specially since it has become stupidly hypocrite to have hyperviolence to such degree but at the same time shun down any sexy elements.

Is funny how MK11 is the most technically sound and with better fidelity in its presentation, but for me at least, has become the most forgettable of all the games from NRS.

MK11 is just meh.

It seems silly, but the over-the-top nature of the fatalities nowadays is to get more outrageous, but not realistic. At least, not realistic enough that someone could think "I could do that". But if they can achieve that WITHOUT giving people PTSD, then I'm all for it. My bar is low; I just don't want them going back to MKvDC days. MK11's camera may slow-mo on Skarlet pushing someone's eye out, but those MKvDC finishers are the nightmares that wake me up at night.

Yeesh. I didn't believe that news when I first heard it. It's not a super big deal to me that they dropped Cavill as Superman, but this is giving off so much "Elon Twitter" energy. Like they don't know what the fuck they're doing over there. I'm only using Twitter and other random fan shit to gauge, but the fans WANT Cavill. They just want him in a good movie. James Gunn can make a good movie, or find someone to. I don't understand this move at all. But who knows; maybe a couple years from now they'll have some winners and we'll be saying "we didn't see the vision".

I REALLY doubt that, but it's possible. I guess.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Yeesh. I didn't believe that news when I first heard it. It's not a super big deal to me that they dropped Cavill as Superman, but this is giving off so much "Elon Twitter" energy. Like they don't know what the fuck they're doing over there. I'm only using Twitter and other random fan shit to gauge, but the fans WANT Cavill. They just want him in a good movie. James Gunn can make a good movie, or find someone to. I don't understand this move at all. But who knows; maybe a couple years from now they'll have some winners and we'll be saying "we didn't see the vision".

I REALLY doubt that, but it's possible. I guess.

I agree. I really enjoyed MoS. It's not perfect, but loved where it was going. Supposedly they are going to tell a story where it's elements will require a younger Superman . . . 

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

19 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

James Gunn can make a good movie, or find someone to. I don't understand this move at all. But who knows; maybe a couple years from now they'll have some winners and we'll be saying "we didn't see the vision".

Gunn is apparently a comic book fan, at least enough to be familiar with the major storylines.  How many major DC storylines involve some sort of alternate dimension Superman in either team-up or villain capacity?  

My money is on the whole plan is to bring Cavill back in the role down the road.

I'm wondering if basically Gadot, Zach Levi and Momoa are done  after next year as well.  

Blue Beetle actor is probably worrying if he will be the next "Brandon Routh" 

They probably can't wait to kick Ezra to the curb.

The businessman side makes me think they want to recast most of these roles as they can get unknowns to save money and because they're getting older. 

It would be funny if Jason Momoa is canned and Aquaman 2 makes 1 billion dollars.

Regarding Gunn's new Superman film, I'm willing to give it a chance. Ive like GOTG 1/2 and Suicide Squad 2 equally. Whoever they get to direct will be key.

Also, don't use Luthor or Zod again! 

Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, someone different.

Supes has been around for 84 years and most of his villains have yet to make it to the big screen.

I understand Gunn's decision. It just sucks because Henry Cavill is a genuinely nice dude. He's literally one of us. He was the fat dorky kid that said fuck it I'm going to the gym and now the chicks paid him no mind openly simp for him without shame. He'll land on his feet. He's a rare type of actor these days. Men and women like the dude. Some studio is going to hand him a franchise and make a lot of money. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

MK11 is just meh.

From a battle design standpoint, I think MK11 is the best and most balanced. X is probably my favorite of the most recent ones in terms of presentation, sounds, the character variations, etc, but it's a brutal game to learn, like KoFXIII was. Like one hit confirm can lead to you getting absolutely blown up. 11 at least you have some recourse if you get caught and it actually makes the game more fun to watch because the tide can turn quickly and even if someone pops off a breakaway, it means they've burned all their defensive meter and they still have to dig their way out of a hole.  X all you can do if you get caught slipping is hope you have meter for a breaker or just watch yourself become part of a combo video you didn't know you were going to be in; there's little room for mistakes.

11 is a little bland in terms of presentation, it seems like there's a lot of Injustice influence in some of the character designs because some of them look more like superheroes than MK characters. If you gave MKX 11s gameplay, you'd have the perfect MK game imo.

5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm wondering if basically Gadot, Zach Levi and Momoa are done  after next year as well.  

Blue Beetle actor is probably worrying if he will be the next "Brandon Routh" 

They probably can't wait to kick Ezra to the curb.

The businessman side makes me think they want to recast most of these roles as they can get unknowns to save money and because they're getting older. 

It would be funny if Jason Momoa is canned and Aquaman 2 makes 1 billion dollars.

Regarding Gunn's new Superman film, I'm willing to give it a chance. Ive like GOTG 1/2 and Suicide Squad 2 equally. Whoever they get to direct will be key.

Also, don't use Luthor or Zod again! 

Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, someone different.

Supes has been around for 84 years and most of his villains have yet to make it to the big screen.

Oh yeah, my top picks out of that list are Brainiac and Parasite....

Imagine the eventual Justice League movie of the new era having to deal with AMAZO; I'd go there or of course the ultimate final uber boss that requires a team effort = Darkseid.

**ah, but perhaps they bring Henry in now as Bizarro! Eh?  LOOPHOLE, bruh. 

Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

Edited by MillionX

Trump announces his own digital trading cards

Screen-Shot-2022-12-15-at-11.19.21-AM.jp

Trump drew intrigue on Wednesday when he released a video on Truth Social declaring “AMERICA NEEDS A SUPERHERO! I will be making a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow. Thank you!”

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! My official Donald Trump Digital Trading Card collection is here! These limited edition cards feature amazing ART of my Life & Career! Collect all of your favorite Trump Digital Trading Cards, very much like a baseball card, but hopefully much more exciting. Go to collecttrumpcards.com/ & GET YOUR CARDS NOW! Only $99 each! Would make a great Christmas gift. Don’t Wait. They will be gone, I believe, very quickly!

To go along with the Truth post, Trump released a video on his card collector’s website where he promoted the NFT collection as featuring “some of the real incredible artwork,” and claimed that chances to win prizes would be dispensed among purchasers.

“Buy one and you will join a very exclusive community,” he says. “It’s my community and I think its something you’re going to like and you’re going to like it a lot.”