Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

This has me confused. Twitter shits on Elon (b/c he deserves it), but I thought the general public still thought of him as a genius.

Is the booing here because that assumption is false, or because of some other factor (like the crowd)?

Lol no one cares. He aint done shit lately. General public and online perception are literally the same now. 

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

This has me confused. Twitter shits on Elon (b/c he deserves it), but I thought the general public still thought of him as a genius.

Is the booing here because that assumption is false, or because of some other factor (like the crowd)?

You know how it's funny that over time it seems how liberals and conservatives have swapped roles?

That's kind of what this Elon fiasco has spurred. Now all of his TikTok-motivation-edit fans are all in a vocal online minority. The public people who support him are - and this is no joke - far too unintelligent to coalesce in an organized manner in person. The crowd is hating because... they hate him. That's how most people are now.

I cannot understate how much his name has come up in my studies as part of being a business student. It is frustrating to go on 45 minute tangents about a person that I do not respect and who can teach me nothing. I imagine it's that way for these people too, hence the booing.

These exclusive satellite images show that Saudi Arabia’s sci-fi megacity is well underway

Weirdly, any recent work on The Line doesn’t show up on Google Maps. But we got the images anyway.

hi-res2-e1670521477935.png?fit=1080,607

n early 2021, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia announced The Line: a “civilizational revolution” that would house up to 9 million people in a zero-carbon megacity, 170 kilometers long and half a kilometer high but just 200 meters wide. Within its mirrored, car-free walls, residents would be whisked around in underground trains and electric air taxis. 

Satellite images of the $500 billion project obtained exclusively by MIT Technology Review show that the Line’s vast linear building site is already taking shape, running as straight as an arrow across the deserts and through the mountains of northern Saudi Arabia. The site, tens of meters deep in places, is teeming with many hundreds of construction vehicles and likely thousands of workers, themselves housed in sprawling bases nearby. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2022/12/09/1064544/

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

🤣

But for real. Thinking on this more, what was even the point of bringing Elon up? Who, at a comedy show, wants to see just some guy? Elon isn't some guy, but he might as well be, on that stage.

I know Chappelle brings guests up. When I saw Chappelle in 2019 with pre Sticks and Stones material, he brought up a poet from the local area near the end of the show. But a poet is at least more of an entertainer than Elon. Even if the last few months didn't happen, I can't imagine bringing up the "richest man in the world" would have gone over well. Not boos, but not well either. I only initially got confused because I thought public perception of Elon was still good.

Interesting... with some quick/lazy research online it appears that saying "honesty is the best policy" is accredited to Benjamin Franklin.... I got curious as to who was the goof that originally said or popularized that.  It's one of those old cliches I happen to love ripping into on occasion.  In today's world, seems to me that only brings you more stress and problems, not less.  Honesty is sometimes the best policy.  Most of the time it's better to lie to avoid all kinds of unnecessary/negative bullshit in life.  It's a shame but that's the reality of the situation I've observed so far in life. 

One of the things that came to mind recently was that forever-taboo topic of religious beliefs.... especially when it comes to certain "tribes" of the human species.  Sometimes it's best to keep one's true opinions to themselves when it seems like damn near 99% of the tribe has the opposite opinion....this is one of many things that annoys me to no end about the human species.  There's certain things that will never truly be up for reasonable discussion, and that, along with the ongoing game of "pretend" actually does irk the hell out of me.  "Honesty is the best policy".... ha, bitch please... I'd go back in time just to laugh in Ben Franklin's face about that foolishness.  

There's an odd satisfaction in laughing at (and looking down on) certain old sayings people so desperately want to believe in.  "What goes around comes around" is another one that's just straight BS to me.  If that were at all true, wouldn't people who are generally assholes throughout life NOT be doing well?  Wouldn't "the good guys" typically prevail?  Ha, nope.  There's a lot of horrible shit that happens to good people... simply because the world is often just a horrible place....no "mysterious ways!" about it... sometimes things are just fucked up and that's really all there is to it.

So this popped up in my recommendations lately and it's killin' me

So this dude was doing "10,000 calorie day" challenges for some videos.... 10k in a day?!? (about 5x the recommended daily intake for an adult male btw.) 

At some point he clearly committed himself to becoming this character at all cost for the views and fame, health be damned. 😆

Yeah, that has to be the saddest youtuber thing I've heard about happening in real time. It's a toss up between that and OnlyUseMeBlade's life now. He was a COD youtuber that fell hard into alcoholism and is now surrounded by complete parasites and no-goods. He's like Nic in that I imagine the only people watching them are those who love a slow trainwreck, humanity be damned.

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah, that has to be the saddest youtuber thing I've heard about happening in real time. It's a toss up between that and OnlyUseMeBlade's life now. He was a COD youtuber that fell hard into alcoholism and is now surrounded by complete parasites and no-goods. He's like Nic in that I imagine the only people watching them are those who love a slow trainwreck, humanity be damned.

I sometimes think it's wrong to support these gaming youtubers because it is encouraging them to live off nonsense that isn't going to last long. Most of them hit 40 and are already so unattractive and fat that it is highly likely they are going to die alone unless they start ordering mail order brides or something. 

They are fun to watch and people have the right to enjoy themselves, but this is can be also be watching someone who is self-destructing and throwing away their future for video games. This is why I have this concern for some people here. I want them to be happy in life but i understand the physical limitations that many here may have and that is why i always suggest to go to wholefoods.  

22 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

That's awesome, but something like that will take decades to master enough to get to us, won't it?

Yeah- they succeeded in getting more out of the reaction than they put into it, but the lasers that they need to make it happen are so inefficient that it's still a huge net loss of energy for the time being.  So it's going to be a minute.

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

will ultimately cost them less then the current system

There will probably be enormous start-up costs given how exotic some of the materials needed are, so it'll be a long argument about the low cost of running it vs the sunk fortune upfront. 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, DangerousJ said:

Reptile Animality

It should have been a snake, but someone in the original game already had that as an animality. I think it was Shang Tsung.

Scorpion Animality

Ditto for Scorpion. Sheeva had turned into a scorpion in the original MK3 so Scorpion had to turn into something else. I assumed they just pick the dumbest example because they couldn’t go with the obvious.

Classic Sub zero  -  Censored

I dont know if they were trying to be "artistic" , but it doesn't work.

This was probably meant to be the MK1 spine rip, but they didn’t have the assists for it so they just blackened the screen. They couldn’t just rip off the head since that would also look bad (for example the heads in Kung Lao’s hat toss just look like a cut out).

MK3 had the weakest finishers in the original trilogy, but I can’t hate them. They’re just so stupid that they go back to being entertaining. That and the hundred body parts all the characters had for some reason makes me laugh everytime.

58 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

IThis was probably meant to be the MK1 spine rip, but they didn’t have the assists for it so they just blackened the screen. They couldn’t just rip off the head since that would also look bad (for example the heads in Kung Lao’s hat toss just look like a cut out).

I doubt it was due to an aesthetic matter (since we have already established that Midway was pretty cheap around this time). I honestly believe it was a rib on the whole censorship and scandal surrounding the original Sub Zero fatality

Wondering how they're going to do fatalities in the next MK. MK11 has the best presentation of them yet. Fatals, shockingly, aren't a huge part of MK, but I find myself surprised at how they up the ante game after game. MK11 is the first time I don't think whatever they do for fatalities next could possibly measure up.

Edited by axeman61
11 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Wondering how they're going to do fatalities in the next MK. MK11 has the best presentation of them yet. Fatals, shockingly, aren't a huge part of MK, but I find myself surprised at how they up the ante game after game. MK11 is the first time I don't think whatever they do for fatalities next can't possibly measure up.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I have been dying watching this at work

I feel like if I ever want to seriously sit down and watch a Seagal movie, I'll need a good amount of alcohol.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Somebody on Twitter said DJ Akademiks look like a startled honey. And I've been laughing for like an hour straight 😂😂🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Don't be silly, OF COURSE we figured out how to kill people with fusion entire generations before we figured out how to do anything else with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermonuclear_weapon#United_States

Whoa! You can quote MULTIPLE posts...

That's far out, man!