Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Another bonnet sighting today at a grocery store... this one stood out as being especially terrible, because it was a plain black color, but also kinda big.... and with a texture that made it look like a little trash bag.  It puzzles me why they don't realize how ugly this looks.....how can someone's sense of fashion "taste" be this goddamn bad?  

At this point...yeah if I had the Time Gem... or some other means of time travel... I'd consider going back in time to find and "eliminate" whoever invented this nonsense, along with whoever else after that person would become the new inventor.  I would work to keep it erased completely from ever happening in our timeline....either that or just find whoever popularized the idea of them wearing it in public with no shame as if that is a "normal", acceptable article of clothing...and wipe them out of existence, so that idea of it being worn publicly hopefully never comes to pass.

**Silver lining though---considering that particular store has a lot of "hood" folks that frequent it... it is indeed surprising that it was JUST one bonnet I saw in there today.  That store is also in an odd situation though---the area it's in is undergoing "gentrification", so there is always an odd mixture of people there... the modern day yuppies mixed in with the hoodrats and poor older people.

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

My partner wanted to have a daughter. I want money. I told her to check her bank statement from this week. Now she wants a son.

Problem solved 👍

You don't really get to choose, but I can tell you since I have boy and a girl, it is unbelievable the markup they put on little girl clothes.  It's borderline criminal lol.  But either way, kids are not cheap.

Edited by J-ride

Y'know, I wonder sometimes how women actually named "Karen" feel about that name having become the go-to slang term insult for a person (usually white) that is always likely to complain to a manager or call the police on people for no reason.  I bet they probably have found that shit incredibly annoying for the past few years now....probably thinking "damn...why'd it have to be MY name becoming that?"

I had a co-worker by that name (black though, not white, actually! ...like the universe is playing a very strange practical joke on her at the moment) but I didn't ask about it and unfortunately she no longer works with us now.  I wonder if she's now inclined to be a little more agreeable with random people just to avoid being hit with someone saying "ha, stop being a karen, Karen!" 

Apparently, "EDP" is up to old habits once again:

hahaha every time I remember this guy, I then remember that moment that in the sting operation it was revealed that he texted a picture of his SHIT to the girl.  I swear that will never stop being funny to me 😆  I still have a clip of that and a streamer's live reaction to it saved.  Ah yes, there's that gold again, at the appropriate timestamp, about 49:05

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Edited by MillionX

Seeing him flat out deny reality like this and right after it happened is insane/funny. I mean, I guess if I was in his position I'd do the same. He can't get a regular joe job now with what happened. But bro... it's over as far as this "famous online in a positive way" shit. He keeps trying to get back on like he can earn more than peanuts.

It would be literally better for him if he got cancelled for being antisemitic. He could come back from that. NO ONE comes back from the shit he did once they go down for real.

Edited by axeman61

My brother is going through a break up at the moment. I'm at his apartment making sure she doesn't fuck with any of his shit. I snickered at something her and her sister said which yea I shouldn't have done but I couldn't help it, and she flips on me, calls me a little bitch and a child and tells me to watch my mouth or "She"ll have her Dad come beat me up."

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

Edited by RSG3
Just now, Reticently said:

Man, people should not date anyone that they don't think would be able to handle a break-up like an adult.

I tried to warn him but he likes those girls who are just past 21 (he's 27) and it's always fuckin drama lol. Bro gotta learn lol. 

But still who the fuck in their 20s stills pulls "My dad will beat you up!!" Like come on thats pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

10 years from now, 2 kids, and 40lbs later, she's going to be rolling up on your brother and his current 25 year girlfriend wondering why he won't give her the time of day.

She just yelled at me for a comment saying "I never said anything about you!" But best part was her sister coming after me for my relationship with my girl but she's never been to my house or met my girl and the only way she could have such an opinion is if her and his ex spent months talking shit about us lol. 

So clearly you've said well more then your fill before today little girl lol. 

Edited by RSG3
12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Imagine being the shitty person that tries to use a 14 year old girl's suicide attempt to score political twitter points when they have no idea what prompted the attempt just because they don't like who her father is.

This was literally the first I've heard of it, but apparently the kid had been speaking out against her dad on Tik Tok a bunch earlier in the year.  The Tweet is pretty distasteful, but someone was bound to go there with it.

28 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Imagine being the shitty person that tries to use a 14 year old girl's suicide attempt to score political twitter points when they have no idea what prompted the attempt just because they don't like who her father is.

I agree. We all know what kind of spineless shitbag Ted Cruz is. Don't bring his daughter's suicide attempt into the political arena just to make a point. Leave her alone. 

8 minutes ago, Reticently said:

This was literally the first I've heard of it, but apparently the kid had been speaking out against her dad on Tik Tok a bunch earlier in the year.  The Tweet is pretty distasteful, but someone was bound to go there with it.

It'd be one thing if she knew for sure that's why the girl tried to kill herself, but folding that into trying to make a point about laws is an absolutely shit-tastic way to go about it.

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Seems like some tit for tat shit to me, people on the right do shit like that regularly. 

Bruh.... It's shitty no matter who does it. Can we at least agree on that?

Posting this info about a child that has already tried to self delete once is in really poor taste. I don't see how this helps the situation in anyway. From my perspective it only adds to what was already too much pressure for them to bear. I'm not sure what the best way to help her out is. It's a tough spot, whatever the solution is, this isn't it.

Side Note: Fuck Ted Cruz. He wouldn't stand up for his wife, so I can't imagine him doing so for his daughter.

50 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Bruh.... It's shitty no matter who does it. Can we at least agree on that?

I never said it wasn't shitty so we aren't disagreeing to begin with. 

Edit: What I guess I was saying is that Ted Cruze is a supremely shitty human being who says supremely shitty things about other people, offers empty condolences while doing nothing to fix problems he's more less helping perpetuate, so someone using this to take a cheap shitty shot at him is of 0 surprise because an enormous amount of people are very bitter about him as a human being. People where freezing to death in his state and he tried flying to Cancun. That's why I said tit for tat, I don't agree with an eye for an eye but many people aren't going to have any sympathy for him and will use the cheapest ammo they can find. He certainly does. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I never said it wasn't shitty so we aren't disagreeing to begin with. 

Edit: What I guess I was saying is that Ted Cruze is a supremely shitty human being who says supremely shitty things about other people, offers empty condolences while doing nothing to fix problems he's more less helping perpetuate, so someone using this to take a cheap shitty shot at him is of 0 surprise because an enormous amount of people are very bitter about him as a human being. People where freezing to death in his state and he tried flying to Cancun. That's why I said tit for tat, I don't agree with an eye for an eye but many people aren't going to have any sympathy for him and will use the cheapest ammo they can find. He certainly does. 

I wonder just HOW dude gets kept around, when I never hear of anyone liking him. From stories I've heard, not even Texans really like him. Are the terms of office for whatever he is just that long?

2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I wonder just HOW dude gets kept around, when I never hear of anyone liking him. From stories I've heard, not even Texans really like him. Are the terms of office for whatever he is just that long?

Someone almost hit him in the face with a White Claw in Auston last month or so during a parade he was in, so I dunno. Austin doesn't represent all of Texas either obviously.