Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I honestly don't think it's that, as Smash tournaments (especially majors) play out without Nintendo's support all the time. But what seems to be the larger issue is with PandaGaming and threatening to sic Nintendo on the organizers of the other circuit. They (talking about Smash players here) have every right to be upset, as prior it looked like Nintendo was actually warming up to the idea of official tournaments; only to get shut tf down. The Smash scene I occasionally visit has tossed players out in the past for not practicing good hygiene.

But yeah, let's keep the long running joke about Smash players and hygiene up and rolling.

People can say what they want about Smasher being cunts and/or smelly, but their community is a really good example of how grassroots stuff can succeed big time if people are committed to it. Gotta admire the hustle.

But yeah, many of them are smelly cunts.

Apple Makes Plans to Move Production Out of China

Apple plans to move its production outside of China. It is looking at assembling its products in India and Vietnam. Apple's suppliers have been told to plan more actively for production in other parts of Asia. There have been violent protests at the Foxconn factory in China, where iPhones and other Apple products are made. The protests have disrupted production, causing Apple to reconsider its reliance on the plant.

https://archive.ph/7bP4j

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

They are so grass roots they had to bully their way into Evo, a grass roots but already established event. 

Non-sequitur, BUT,  Evo let them in because it's been corporate af for awhile now and they wanted those Smashbux because those people show up. Evo could have just as easily said no, but they didn't and we all know why.

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Do any other fighting games have that kind of grassroots, or is Smash the only fighting game that does?

I know you're joking around, but I don't think any of the normal fighting games do the kinds of numbers Smash does. If anything, I'd bet esports people looking at Smash and what kinds of numbers that community does is part of why there's been such a big push to "clean up" the FGC and try to do those same numbers with SF, Tekken, etc.

Edited by DoctaMario
12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Non-sequitur, BUT,  Evo let them in because it's been corporate af for awhile now and they wanted those Smashbux because those people show up. Evo could have just as easily said no, but they didn't and we all know why.

Yea, i know, I have a lot of issues with Wiz beyond him probably being a pedophile or some shit. Dude sold out his entire community for a Hot Tub. Not gonna sit here and act like Smashers weren't total shit stains about it tho. I do lay majority blame at Wiz's fat fucking feet tho.

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea, i know, I have a lot of issues with Wiz beyond him probably being a pedophile or some shit. Dude sold out his entire community for a Hot Tub. Not gonna sit here and act like Smashers weren't total shit stains about it tho. I do lay majority blame at Wiz's fat fucking feet tho.

Don't get me wrong, I went to Evo and I had a blast, but there's nothing grassroots about it anymore. I'd even say that could extend to the FGC itself as it seems like any grassroots parts of it are doing everything they can to not be grassroots. And I don't think there's anything wrong with Wiz wanting to get paid for the work he's done, but taking money from a community with a reputation for not playing well with other kind of fucks with things.

It's a shame too because if you set up Ultimate like a fighting game (no platforms, 2 stocks, 500% stamina, time limits) it's actually a really fun pseudo fighting game. It'd be cool to see a group start actually playing it like a fighter.

Edited by DoctaMario

Yea i don't think the FGC has been grass roots for like...almost 15 years now. Not the core community. Sure people still holding turnies in bowling alleys and shit, but thats not what people think of when you say FGC anymore.

There is also nothing wrong with getting paid either. The problem is when getting paid is more important then the health of the community and that was the way forward for Wiz once SF4 popped off. Wasn't about healthy growth anymore, was about siphoning as much money as possible from the scene no matter what.

Edited by RSG3

Yea i don't think the FGC has been grass roots for like...almost 15 years now. Not the core community. Sure people still holding turnies in bowling alleys and shit, but thats not what people think of when you say FGC anymore.

There is also nothing wrong with getting paid either. The problem is when getting paid is more important then the health of the community and that was the way forward for Wiz once SF4 popped off. Wasn't about healthy growth anymore, was about siphoning as much money as possible from the scene no matter what.

Totally agree with the bolded. It's almost amazing to think about SF being played in a big arena when you consider it used to be a small group of people crowded around a cab in some dingy arcade once upon a time.

Wiz probably figured he had to get while the getting was good. Can't really trust your livelihood to corporations whose opinions change like the breeze, and I'll bet there's a part of him that was glad to be done with Evo in some level.

29 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

i'd put the word allegedly in that sentence. cuz in this day and age of net slander n lawsuits. u dont know if he lurks here tho i doubt it. but if he did. 

ahem. allegedly a pedo.

also, allegedly a "some shit"

lol

4 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

i'd put the word allegedly in that sentence. cuz in this day and age of net slander n lawsuits. u dont know if he lurks here tho i doubt it. but if he did. 

ahem. allegedly a pedo.

also, allegedly a "some shit"

lol

He can allegedly catch these hands. I've beaten the fuck out of pedos and sexual harrassers at tournies before, and I'll gladly do it again. Why doesn't he allegedly come down to my alleged address and get this alleged fist shoved up his allegedly puckered asshole? Because he is allegedly gone in the alleged wind. Nice warrior tournament host he turned out to be.

25 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Totally agree with the bolded. It's almost amazing to think about SF being played in a big arena when you consider it used to be a small group of people crowded around a cab in some dingy arcade once upon a time.

Yea man, i learned to play SFII in a disgusting 7-11 that was across the street from my apartment complex, and that was considered the hight of competitive gaming in what...1992? lol

25 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Wiz probably figured he had to get while the getting was good. Can't really trust your livelihood to corporations whose opinions change like the breeze, and I'll bet there's a part of him that was glad to be done with Evo in some level.

Hes the one who got in bed with them. I feel no pity.

11 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

i'd put the word allegedly in that sentence.

No allegedly about it, its confirmed, he paid a 15 year old to show him his penis while hard and up against a ruler. He could only sue me for liable if the story wasn't true 👍

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

No allegedly about it, its confirmed, he paid a 15 year old to show him his penis while hard and up against a ruler. He could only sue me for liable if the story wasn't true 👍

Law student here. I think you're referring to libel here. This would be correct in the case that he had a career or reputation to save. He would have been able to sue you for libel had you said this back before the story came out. It would have had to have been an unproven case for him to be able to press charges and win.

Literally speaking, he can still come after you for that statement, much like Billy Mitchell targeting people who direct hate towards him. But, just like Mitchell, he has no real case and no chance of winning that. It would be an easy and cheap lawsuit to win, and a waste of time for him and you.

In other words, you can feel free to insult him for his pedophilic behavior on a legal level. On an ethical level alone, I would encourage you to insult him for his pedophilic behaviour.

11 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Law student here. I think you're referring to libel here. This would be correct in the case that he had a career or reputation to save. He would have been able to sue you for libel had you said this back before the story came out. It would have had to have been an unproven case for him to be able to press charges and win.

Yea i am absolutely referring to liable because slander is spoken, in print is liable (thank you JJ Jameson, I'll never forget!!!) Because i know the story is true i don't fear a reprisal from him because he would lose.

54 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's a shame too because if you set up Ultimate like a fighting game (no platforms, 2 stocks, 500% stamina, time limits) it's actually a really fun pseudo fighting game. It'd be cool to see a group start actually playing it like a fighter.

Wait are you saying Smash is not a true fighting game? Bruh, it has shotos in it like Kazuya, as well as other types of characters who can do things like shoot fireballs and dragon punch. Like Ryu and Ken and Mario.

Yea i am absolutely referring to liable because slander is spoken, in print is liable (thank you JJ Jameson, I'll never forget!!!) Because i know the story is true i don't fear a reprisal from him because he would lose.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that automatically has that scene pop in my head whenever it happens to come up in conversation.

15 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

How hood are you, motherfucker? 😂

I corrected you because it's LIBEL, not LIABLE.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that automatically has that scene pop in my head whenever it happens to come up in conversation.

Also, yes this is where I learned the difference as well.

Because nobody gives  a hoot...

MK Fatality Thoughts:

Scorpion - Immolation

(MK I 1992)

My first exposure to MK was renting the SNES port with my friends in 1993. While I initially didn't like the gameplay as much as SF, I liked the secrets/fatalities, and digitized graphics.

Scorpion's fatality was the first one I ever did. (Hold Block , Up, UP). It had the luck of not being censored/altered like most of the others.

(I didn't even know they were changed from arcade honestly.)

I think part of the greatness is the surprise that he was an undead being more than the actual burning.

Also, since he only had the spear and teleport punch, that added to the surprise. When Ryu later got shinkuu hadoken as a super move, that was expected bc it was a special move already.

My favorite version is actually MK2, when ignites the opponent and then there is firecracker like sound and  he explodes.

Edited by DangerousJ
10 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I honestly don't think it's that, as Smash tournaments (especially majors) play out without Nintendo's support all the time. But what seems to be the larger issue is with PandaGaming and threatening to sic Nintendo on the organizers of the other circuit. They (talking about Smash players here) have every right to be upset, as prior it looked like Nintendo was actually warming up to the idea of official tournaments; only to get shut tf down. The Smash scene I occasionally visit has tossed players out in the past for not practicing good hygiene.

But yeah, let's keep the long running joke about Smash players and hygiene up and rolling.

I do staff an Anime Con, other con goers have hygiene issues too but, its mostly the Smashers, DBZ Fans and for a while til Borny Con came a thing the Bronies.

3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

@zatalcon3is ginger a bad word nowadays? is today's culture too pc to toss that word around in public? cuz i heard someone tossing it around today referring to 2 ginger couple and i'm thinkin theres a chance i might haveta use the g-word in place of ginger in the future. lmk.

Leftists will whine about any word being a bad word nowadays. I recall seeing an black transgender from NYU who died his (i'm referencing the actual gender)  hair ginger, so some other guy who didn't want to be forced to refer to him by what he wants but doesn't want to cause trouble and offend him by not saying "ma'm" so the dude called him a ginger instead. Yet he still got heat because the leftist said that was racist because he interpreted it as a feminist slang way of saying the N word. 

true story. 

13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Because nobody gives  a hoot...

MK Fatality Thoughts:

Scorpion - Immolation

(MK I 1992)

My first exposure to MK was renting the SNES port with my friends in 1993. While I initially didn't like the gameplay as much as SF, I liked the secrets/fatalities, and digitized graphics.

Scorpion's fatality was the first one I ever did. (Hold Block , Up, UP). It had the luck of not being censored/altered like most of the others.

(I didn't even know they were changed from arcade honestly.)

I think part of the greatness is the surprise that he was an undead being more than the actual burning.

Also, since he only had the spear and teleport punch, that added to the surprise. When Ryu later got shinkuu hadoken as a super move, that was expected bc it was a special move already.

My favorite version is actually MK2, when ignites the opponent and then there is firecracker like sound and  he explodes.

Oh yeah---I still remember that first day of Mortal Kombat at the arcade.... it was the "Gold Mine" at the Mall of Memphis back then, about 1992.  Gold Mine always had whatever was the latest most popular games at the time.  At first it was just "cool...a fighting game but the characters look real, like Pit Fighter's "digitized graphics"...".....then I noticed it was more violent than anything else----and then I saw a "Fatality" for the first time and I couldn't believe the awesomeness I was seeing.....the fact that some company had the balls to produce something like that ....making everything else in the arcade like some "G-rated" Disney crap in comparison.  That first fatality I saw was Sub Zero ripping someone's head and spinal column out.  Of course it would soon be what all my peers were talking about, like "DUDE did you see that new game Mortal Kombat?!?  It's a fighting game but the characters actually KILL each other!  There's a ninja that will rip your head and spine out, and another one that reveals his skull face and burns you to death!"  ...and of course, those who had not yet seen it for themselves might think you're lying about this, like no way they'd go that far.... that's like R-rated movie violence there... Heh, another trip down memory lane there.    It would be one of those game-changer moments in arcade gaming history there.

My favorites right away were Scorpion and Raiden.  

Edited by MillionX

So Trump is trying to use the Twitter nothing burger to say that the constitution should just be terminated to put him back in office.  Then when people call him on what he says he decides to gaslight while leaving the post up that says what he said lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/05/trump-terminate-constitution-00072230

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

So Trump is trying to use the Twitter nothing burger to say that the constitution should just be terminated to put him back in office.  Then when people call him on what he says he decides to gaslight while leaving the post up that says what he said lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/05/trump-terminate-constitution-00072230

That man really needs someone to proofread his shit. He has to know by now if one can take anything he says one of two ways, close to half the country is moving to take it in the bad way.

It's kinda funny the Dems getting bent out of shape about this though considering the Taibbi thread detailing that apparently a bunch of them believe the First Amendment is something that can be rescinded at will. Fuck these people.

Edited by DoctaMario

Wow. A thorough investigation is launched involving my case about malpractice, which was on the doctors end from care. The attorneys who I've called almost dieing a few weeks ago about presumed negligence, they've said they wish they could help me. They've said the state of Louisiana involving this, could likely get swept under the rug, considering the laws catering to doctors, who can be excused by it, intentionally or not.

Edited by Emptyeyes_