Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

my friend caught a variation of covid. its still out there guys. and it is wintertime. 

as for the covid cough that i think it was chadouken mentioned as a weid cough. very phlegmy cough..i gave her robitussin and it helps alot to remove that mucous.

just cant take too much cuz robitussin is very dehydrating ive noticed from first hand experience.

btw. ive never caught covid.

herpes. yes. covid. no. go figure.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I understand Gunn's decision. It just sucks because Henry Cavill is a genuinely nice dude. He's literally one of us. He was the fat dorky kid that said fuck it I'm going to the gym and now the chicks paid him no mind openly simp for him without shame. He'll land on his feet. He's a rare type of actor these days. Men and women like the dude. Some studio is going to hand him a franchise and make a lot of money. 

From what I heard is not much about Gunn and co, but Zaslav.

From the start he wanted to do a hard reset, a complete blank slate with no attachments to what didn't work, and more importantly, allowing for new faces to be used so they could cast cheaper and younger actors and actresses , only releasing the movies the old guard already had in the works based on different projections on how well they could do on theaters vs the costs associated to them.

He was convinced to do otherwise, by other creatives so allowed to Cavill announce he was back, seeing he was going to be teased on Black Adam and all of that.

Now the problems start with Ben Affleck apparently wanting to move from Batman again behind the scenes, Black Adam underperforming to the point of losing money, giving a signal that having Cavill didn't move the needle in favor for the movie, The Patty Jenkins fiasco, Aquaman going for its 4th reshoot and other Flash related problems.

All of this made him had enough and tell Gunn to just scrap everything and make a hard reset as it was planned when Discovery took over.

The thing is that since Gunn is the creative face he is now getting all the flack, since is easy and understandable to assume that is a creative decision and not an administrative decision.

41 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Seeing what they did to LOTR, I hope the Chaos Gods smite down their efforts... Or at least just Jeff Bezos.

With Amazon we have the problem that they are inconsistent as fuck.

You can have great adaptations like Reacher, The Boys, Invincible and then y6ou have Wheel of Time and TLoR:TRoP.

I hope for Warhammer fans and Cavill that this project is on the good side.

22 hours ago, axeman61 said:

It seems silly, but the over-the-top nature of the fatalities nowadays is to get more outrageous, but not realistic. At least, not realistic enough that someone could think "I could do that". But if they can achieve that WITHOUT giving people PTSD, then I'm all for it. My bar is low; I just don't want them going back to MKvDC days. MK11's camera may slow-mo on Skarlet pushing someone's eye out, but those MKvDC finishers are the nightmares that wake me up at night.

My issue is that it has got to a point that is hyper violence for the sake of self indulgence, without a regard for in game narrative and characterization of the cast.

And BTW, is not that I myself have a problem with the gore, but is that outside some fatalities, like Scorpion's one where he uses his chain and his teleportation to cut you in half (is stylistic and some what in character), everyone else feels uninspired and just for the sake of being violent.

And is not only the Fatalities, the X-Rays or whatever are they called now feel like they drag on and are longer than they need to be.

20 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

From a battle design standpoint, I think MK11 is the best and most balanced. X is probably my favorite of the most recent ones in terms of presentation, sounds, the character variations, etc, but it's a brutal game to learn, like KoFXIII was. Like one hit confirm can lead to you getting absolutely blown up. 11 at least you have some recourse if you get caught and it actually makes the game more fun to watch because the tide can turn quickly and even if someone pops off a breakaway, it means they've burned all their defensive meter and they still have to dig their way out of a hole.  X all you can do if you get caught slipping is hope you have meter for a breaker or just watch yourself become part of a combo video you didn't know you were going to be in; there's little room for mistakes.

11 is a little bland in terms of presentation, it seems like there's a lot of Injustice influence in some of the character designs because some of them look more like superheroes than MK characters. If you gave MKX 11s gameplay, you'd have the perfect MK game imo.

Speaking objectively, MK11 is the NRS game with the best presentation so far, is the one the less amount of terrible animations and overall the most mechanically sound.

Outside some few choices like the player needing to be at the apex of the juggle to be able to use the interrupt, most of the feel of MK11 in terms of gameplay is good.

The pacing feels good and most of the chars feel complete, unlike on MKX where the variations system felt half assed, like they went and saw what Melty Blood did, and copied badly.

Now, the story is terrible and the characterization for a lot of chars is garbage, is a nice spectacle, but you need to turn your brain off to try to enjoy it, otherwise you see all the dumb shit that makes no fucking sense, plus Cetrion, Geras and Kronika are terrible characters, I agree with you that they feel more like Injustice chars than MK chars.

Outside some chars, I feel that the redesigns of costumes of a lot of characters are on the bland side when compared to what came before.

I dislike the raceswap they did for Kitana and Milena, since they are Edenians, they are like a mix of Mediterranean, Asian and Middle East by design, making them chinese is as dumb as making Raiden chinese in the movie.

The same as making Sheeva to look more like an afro descendant person than making her look like a humanoid dragon like the older games.

Of the returning kids, Cassie looks good, but Jackie is just meh, I think in part is her animations that are one of the few chars alongside Geras that has some of the klassic jank.

Now, saying that, despite me feeling and knowing that this is their best MK gameplay wise, like I said on the VG thread, MK11 alongside Injustice 2 are the first games I felt that the total feels like is less than the sum of its parts.

And I think I am not alone, seeing how despite being one of the fgs that has sold extremely well, is a game that died rather quickly in both of the casual/enthusiasts and the serious/tournament side.

Is kind of amusing that evens games that have sold at best 1% of what MK11 did, it gets lower views on streams and vods and lower entrances in tournaments.

In my country died so fast, and MK has always been an staple of the communities.

If it were for me, I think I would mix some of MK9 and MK10 in presentation and mix MK9 and MK11 gameplay.

Also, I pray to the dark ones that NRS finally gets people that can make memorable music.

I swear to Cthulhu that those fuckers only know to make ambience that could put you to sleep.

The Midway era wasn't particularly good but it wasn't as uninspired as the NRS games, is like there is nothing there.

What's you guys' favorite song that hit this year? I know it's not over, but still.

Pusha T's Neck and Wrist is still it for me; I listened to it on repeat about 50 times on the day it dropped while I was cooking. You know how much imaginary dope I sold when I was cooking Lasagna that night?

Kendrick Lamar's N95 is a close second.

Edited by axeman61
11 minutes ago, Reticently said:

It sounded petty to me too initially, but I read about how some idiot used the Elonjet info to find where he was and wound up attacking a car that he was in with one of his kids, so I can understand him banning it. It's funny on a certain level, but I don't see how it isn't doxxing.

Seems like Musk is going to take over for Trump as the guy who could cure cancer and shitlibs will just complain about how he didn't do it fast enough for them.

15 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

t sounded petty to me too initially, but I read about how some idiot used the Elonjet info to find where he was and wound up attacking a car that he was in with one of his kids, so I can understand him banning it. It's funny on a certain level, but I don't see how it isn't doxxing.

I sorta get it, but it is a stretch. That's an issue with the FAA and how they make flight data accessible. Now, with his influence, that should be something to lobby against. 

On his platform, he can do whatever he wants. At this point he's acting out as a wonderful fictional character on a daily basis. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h32c2ems6guid723f6

Edited by OPTIMUS124
9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It sounded petty to me too initially, but I read about how some idiot used the Elonjet info to find where he was and wound up attacking a car that he was in with one of his kids, so I can understand him banning it. It's funny on a certain level, but I don't see how it isn't doxxing.

Seems like Musk is going to take over for Trump as the guy who could cure cancer and shitlibs will just complain about how he didn't do it fast enough for them.

The thing about the Elonjet info is that it's just reposting data made publicly available under law by the FAA.  Elon owns Twitter, so obviously he can do whatever he wants with it- but it does fly right in the face (ha!) of things he literally said he would not do just weeks ago.  And banning the reporters just publishing news about it seems like a kneejerk response.

28 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I sorta get it, but it is a stretch. That's an issue with the FAA and how they make flight data accessible. Now, with his influence, that should be something to lobby against. 

On his platform, he can do whatever he wants. At this point he's acting out as a wonderful fictional character on a daily basis. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h32c2ems6guid723f6

26 minutes ago, Reticently said:

The thing about the Elonjet info is that it's just reposting data made publicly available under law by the FAA.  Elon owns Twitter, so obviously he can do whatever he wants with it- but it does fly right in the face (ha!) of things he literally said he would not do just weeks ago.  And banning the reporters just publishing news about it seems like a kneejerk response.

I'm sure the FAA doesn't post flight info with identifiers like "Elon Musk's Plane" which is what this account is doing. Doxxing isn't covered under the guise of free speech any more then threatening to shoot someone is and this is absolutely doxxing, which is against the rules of pretty much every social media platform out there.

I'm sure if he hadn't got attacked while with his kid, he would be more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it, but he did and he's doing what a father should do in that strange situation.

I don't love the fact that these reporters got banned if all they truly did was report the story, and to me that's the real issue here, but I also have no sympathy for these suck-up PMC twats.

Edited by DoctaMario
35 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I get Elon suspending Elonjet.  Even if it is public information that anybody can get access to, its putting a spotlight on the information and making it easier to see.   Like everyone else said and I've said before, its his platform, he can do what he wants with it.  I'm more shaking my head at the fact that he puffed out his chest and said he wasn't going to do something and then went right around and did it anyway lol.

Just now, Sonichuman said:

I get Elon suspending Elonjet.  Even if it is public information that anybody can get access to, its putting a spotlight on the information and making it easier to see.   Like everyone else said and I've said before, its his platform, he can do what he wants with it.  I'm more shaking my head at the fact that he puffed out his chest and said he wasn't going to do something and then went right around and did it anyway lol.

Unless I'm missing some part where he said he wouldn't ban that Elonjet account ever, I don't know that he said doxxing was going to be ok on the platform. Doxxing IS NOT free speech. So this doesn't really contradict anything he said as far as I'm aware.

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm sure the FAA doesn't post flight info with identifiers like "Elon Musk's Plane" which is what this account is doing.

True, but apparently who the plane is registered to is also publicly available info.  I'm not saying it *should* be publicly available info, or that Musk should put up with it being on Twitter- it's just that Musk himself made a point of saying he was going to specifically allow Twitter to put up exactly that kind of info.

Yeah though, banning the reporters is obviously the what-are-you-even-doing-here part of it.

Edited by Reticently
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Doxxing isn't covered under the guise of free speech any more then threatening to shoot someone is and this is absolutely doxxing, which is against the rules of pretty much every social media platform out there. He got attacked while with his kid. If banning a Twitter account keeps that from happening, I can understand why he did it. It's his KID.

I get it, but remember the issue here is the reporters were documenting the story from the account "Elon Jet" not outright posting the content from it. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Unless I'm missing some part where he said he wouldn't ban that Elonjet account ever, I don't know that he said doxxing was going to be ok on the platform. Doxxing IS NOT free speech. So this doesn't really contradict anything he said as far as I'm aware.

It was only a matter of time anyway. Dude owns the house you're in. 

Also, I wish people would stop the "Free Speech" argument. That only applies to the government. This is a private firm. It's not the same. 

34 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I get it, but remember the issue here is the reporters were documenting the story from the account "Elon Jet" not outright posting the content from it. 

It was only a matter of time anyway. Dude owns the house you're in. 

Also, I wish people would stop the "Free Speech" argument. That only applies to the government. This is a private firm. It's not the same. 

The Twitter files showed that Twitter has censored and banned people at the behest of the government, so there are 1st Amendment violations actually happening here.

But for all the wack jobs yelling about "lol fascism" nobody said shit about this, even when the trump administration did it, and it's probably one of the most overt examples of the government having fascist tendencies though only one of the most recent.

22 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Just so we're all clear, this is the source tweet 

Not saying he can't change his mind. . . 

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

The prospect of something happening to your kids changes the game in a big way and if you have the potential to stop or at least curb it a bit, I don't see the problem. We have security for presidents now because enough people have tried (and succeeded) in taking shots at them over the years. 

I have to give him props for essentially saying "keeping my kids safe is the most important thing here."

Edited by DoctaMario
13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The prospect of something happening to your kids changes the game in a big way and if you have the potential to stop or at least curb it a bit, I don't see the problem. We have security for presidents now because enough people have tried (and succeeded) in taking shots at them over the years. 

No one really has an issue with the account Elon Jet being banned (as it makes sense given the circumstances and again IT IS HIS HOUSE). It's more around the fact that he banned the journalists who referenced it in a reporting nature.  

13 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The Twitter files showed that Twitter has censored and banned people at the behest of the government. For all the wack jobs yelling about "lol fascism" nobody said shit about this and it's probably one the most overt example of the government having fascist tendencies.

Ok, but again they are a private firm. They could have push back. Apple to this day does not allow government to crack open a secured phone. That was their decision. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
12 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

No one really has an issue with the account Elon Jet being banned (as it makes sense given the circumstances and again IT IS HIS HOUSE). It's more around the fact that he banned the journalists who referenced it. 

Ok, but again they are a private firm. They could have push back. Apple to this day does not allow government to crack open a secured phone. That was their decision. 

Yeah I agree RE the reporters even if I think they're a bunch of shit bags who probably deserve to get banned for other things.

It's a private firm but they're still silencing people at the instruction of members of the government. It doesn't matter that they could have pushed back, the government shouldn't have a hand in deciding who gets to say what in the first place. That's the crux of the First Amendment. It doesn't matter whether they do it directly or by proxy, it's still a violation for them to take steps to get someone censored.

Plus, Jack Dorsey getting hauled up in front of Congress and being told by them "you need to do something about this" probably didn't help. Rather than get that heat again, he was probably like "*shrug* ok, we'll do what you want" which probably wasn't much skin off his nose considering most of the people working at Twitter are Democrats and most of the banning and censoring was done towards non-liberals.

Edited by DoctaMario
Just now, DoctaMario said:

It's a private firm but they're still silencing people at the instruction of members of the government. It doesn't matter that they could have pushed back, the government shouldn't have a hand in deciding who gets to say what in the first place.

True, but the Government asked. . . they did not push the button. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Plus, Jack Dorsey getting hauled up in front of Congress and being told by them "you need to do something about this" probably didn't help. Rather than get that heat again, he was probably like "*shrug* ok, we'll do what you want."

The bold is the point. It's still the entity's choice. If they can show that the Government made legal action on Twitter to do a thing, that's different from say "Hey man, do you mind if". . . and then saying "OK". 

30 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

True, but the Government asked. . . they did not push the button. 

The bold is the point. It's still the entity's choice. If they can show that the Government made legal action on Twitter to do a thing, that's different from say "Hey man, do you mind if". . . and then saying "OK". 

Meh, this is just "I was following orders" all over again. If it's not ok for Nazis and cops, it shouldn't be ok for social media companies. I don't know the specifics of how these censorings were carried out, but the US government has a hell of a lot more power than Twitter does and if we're going to acknowledge power imbalances in other areas of life, we should acknowledge it here too.

It's probably not much different than a cop asking someone to take a breathalyzer. It's presented as a choice, but there's really only one right answer to that question, and I don't see this as being terribly different. It's easier to comply, and the implied force being used is the problem here.

Edited by DoctaMario
better analogy
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Meh, this is just "I was following orders" all over again. If it's not ok for Nazis and cops, it shouldn't be ok for social media companies.

That was not an order though. 

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

We've all seen the videos of what happens when a cop tells someone to step out of the car and they don't want to, and I don't really see this as being much different than that type of situation. It's easier to comply, and the implied force being used is the problem here.

Yes, but the cop is giving the person an implicit set of instructions (albeit faulty). Is that what the government did. I agree that power and influence play a part in it, but has there been anything showing that Twitter was told to comply with threat of legal force? If so, then yes, that would likely fall into violation of free speech. 

On the flip side, what Elon is doing now is not a violation of free speech. That's my thing is that people keep bringing up "free speech" on a social media platform. This only applies to government, not to private entities. 

35 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

That was not an order though. 

Yes, but the cop is giving the person an implicit set of instructions (albeit faulty). Is that what the government did. I agree that power and influence play a part in it, but has there been anything showing that Twitter was told to comply with threat of legal force? If so, then yes, that would likely fall into violation of free speech. 

On the flip side, what Elon is doing now is not a violation of free speech. That's my thing is that people keep bringing up "free speech" on a social media platform. This only applies to government, not to private entities. 

Its an order in the same way taking a breathalyzer is an order disguised as a choice. If power and influence play a part, and they do, then that's how I see this as being the same as the breathalyzer situation. Dorsey was already brought before Congress and essentially threatened in a manner of speaking, so the company has already been made to understand that playing along is healthy. It's more of a bonus that the employees get to wield power against their political opponents and say "b..b..but the government asked us to!"

Imo there should be a wide separation of religion & state, civilian communication & state, and commerce & state. Nothing good happens when the state gets involved in these areas imo.

Edited by DoctaMario
24 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Its an order in the same way taking a breathalyzer is an order disguised as a choice

Implied consent is a thing (e.g., SC Code 56-5-2950). 

If power and influence play a part, and they do, then that's how I see this as being the same as the breathalyzer situation. Dorsey was already brought before Congress and essentially threatened in a manner of speaking, so the company has already been made to understand that playing along is healthy. It's more of a bonus that the employees get to world power against their political opponents. 

I see your point, but don't see the breathalyzer as a proper example here. Mainly because there are other check points that can be addressed here as well (e.g., field sobriety tests). I'm only picky on this one because traffic safety is a field that I spent quite some time in.  

I would agree that long term, for the company it's better to work with the government than against. Still, if there wasn't some legal action associated with it outside of a request, then is it a violation?

there should be a wide separation of religion & state, civilian communication & state, and commerce & state. Nothing good happens when the state gets involved in these areas imo.

I can agree with this. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The Twitter files showed that Twitter has censored and banned people at the behest of the government, so there are 1st Amendment violations actually happening here.

But for all the wack jobs yelling about "lol fascism" nobody said shit about this, even when the trump administration did it, and it's probably one of the most overt examples of the government having fascist tendencies though only one of the most recent.

It was only a 1st amendment violation when Trump asked for it. When Biden asked he was a private citizen, legally speaking, and was asking for private information (nudes) to be removed. That's not a 1st amendment violation, if anything it's revenge porn on the part of whoever posted his sons laptop info to Twitter. Also seems to show the barely listened to Trump, tho they did delete a few things for him. 

26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It was only a 1st amendment violation when Trump asked for it. When Biden asked he was a private citizen, legally speaking, and was asking for private information (nudes) to be removed. That's not a 1st amendment violation, if anything it's revenge porn on the part of whoever posted his sons laptop info to Twitter. Also seems to show the barely listened to Trump, tho they did delete a few things for him. 

The FBI, DHS, & DNI are all under the umbrella of government and they had been meeting regularly with Twitter.  Yes, it was a violation for Trump to ask them to do it too, but it's a violation no matter what part of the government does it. Intelligence & federal law enforcement agencies are still the government.