Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Wtf kinda dystopian shit is this 

As shitty as that is it's still more then Target did for me lmao. They just disabled my passwords for the app and that's it. When I called to ask they where like "we laid off the temp staff."

Great. Did you plan to like...tell any of the temp staff? Or did you just think we would all forget we worked here or something? 

This is why I don't give 2 weeks notice anymore. 

Edited by RSG3
29 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Ironically, Pink Floyd weren't into drugs. I think it had something to do with Syd going insane.

Other than Pink Floyd's music being "trippy" I don't recall them ever glorifying drug use in any song.

My mom was heavily influenced by the 80s and 90s afterschool specials and I was constantly suspected of being on drugs.  I was randomly drug tested about 10 different times in high school. 

6 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Hope you're okay bro, glad you're here

Yeah they really don't know what it is, but I okay enough to go home. Thought I had a heart attack. They say my lungs are inflamed and they really don't know why. I'm not looking forward to going back to work after getting hauled off in an ambulance fam. Better than the alternative though...

15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah they really don't know what it is, but I okay enough to go home. Thought I had a heart attack. They say my lungs are inflamed and they really don't know why. I'm not looking forward to going back to work after getting hauled off in an ambulance fam. Better than the alternative though...

Take it easy if you can. I'm sure your work can arrange something.

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Glad you are doing OK at least. Crazy how at a hospital visits can just be shrugged off. 

Had a similar scare back in 06. Finals week in college and all of a sudden had a fever that hit 104.5. My eyesight had me thinking everything had that rainbow "film" when you wash oil off of a driveway. Went to the ER, checked in and about 30 min-1hr later and had a room. They gave me Hyper strength Tylenol and Advil, monitored me for about 2 hours and then said, "alright, have a good one".

Edited by OPTIMUS124
50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Stay safe, man! I need someone to parasocially aspire to be as cool as. You can't give up on us developing youth!

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

covid?

regardless.

try what worked for my mom's inflammed post covid lungs. garlic bread, aloe vera water and a teaspoon of omega 3 fish oil daily. all 3 lower inflammation. especially the garlic. just remember it lowers blood pressure

7 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

covid?

regardless.

try what worked for my mom's inflammed post covid lungs. garlic bread, aloe vera water and a teaspoon of omega 3 fish oil daily. all 3 lower inflammation. especially the garlic. just remember it lowers blood pressure

They tested me everything. Covid, the flu, the doctor said my lungs were enflamed like I had pneumonia....but I don't have pneumonia. I thought maybe I was diabetic and didn't know it. My sugar was 123. They said 90 to 150 is normal. I ate lunch. I bodied a 14oz bag of gummie Lifesavers. I'm surprised it was only 123. Regardless I appreciate all the love guys. First thing I did this morning was check my blood pressure. It was 113/69. It was 190/110 when the EMTs checked it. So that's a relief. I'm going to call my mom to let her know I'm okay. Told I'd call her when I got up. Only reason I even called her yesterday is because my boss left her a voicemail and I wanted to get to her before the message did.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They tested me everything. Covid, the flu, the doctor said my lungs were enflamed like I had pneumonia....but I don't have pneumonia. I thought maybe I was diabetic and didn't know it. My sugar was 123. They said 90 to 150 is normal. I ate lunch. I bodied a 14oz bag of gummie Lifesavers. I'm surprised it was only 123. Regardless I appreciate all the love guys. First thing I did this morning was check my blood pressure. It was 113/69. It was 190/110 when the EMTs checked it. So that's a relief. I'm going to call my mom to let her know I'm okay. Told I'd call her when I got up. Only reason I even called her yesterday is because my boss left her a voicemail and I wanted to get to her before the message did.

Glad you’re okay fam. 🙌🏻

That's quite annoying that they have this Xbox Series X Mini-fridge in some stores... at a glance this makes it look like the place actually has the systems in stock.  It's even in that area with the games and systems in Target.  The packaging even looks like what you'd expect for a new game system...but then when you get close you see "Replica Mini-fridge" on there instead.

Today, they had some new Xbox systems in Target.....BUT it was the Series S.

angry jason terry GIF

get the hell out of here with that 2nd-rate nonsense.  People want the real system, bruh.

Edited by MillionX

Is this the latest Batman?

Batman star Robert Pattinson was seen wearing a skirt to Dior’s Homme fall/winter 2023-2024 Paris Fashion Week show on Friday.

The 36-year-old Twilight star wore a furry brown coat paired with a shimmery blue skirt, knee-high black socks, and chunky black apparent rainboots as he posed for photographers at the show.

RobertPattinson-640x480.jpg

On 1/21/2023 at 1:35 AM, J-ride said:

Pink Floyd was rocking rainbows before it was cool!

pink floyd rock GIF by jbetcom

EDIT: Boomers are definitely the biggest snowflake ❄ generation and it's not even close.

Ya know, after actually looking at the logo they went with, I can understand how people would come to that conclusion especially given how the context of rainbow iconography has changed in the last 25 or so years.  When you see a rainbow in a logo or icon these days, it's usually meant to convey some kind of LGBTQ friendliness or allyship. And given that the logo doesn't really look like the album cover even though it has the elements of it, I think it's more a failure of whoever created the logo to not consider that context when they made it.

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Ya know, after actually looking at the logo they went with, I can understand how people would come to that conclusion especially given how the context of rainbow iconography has changed in the last 25 or so years.  When you see a rainbow in a logo or icon these days, it's usually meant to convey some kind of LGBTQ friendliness or allyship. And given that the logo doesn't really look like the album cover even though it has the elements of it, I think it's more a failure of whoever created the logo to not consider that context when they made it.

These are fake fans, plain and simple. "pink floyd rainbow" in google will clue you in on why they made that logo, if they were wondering in good faith. This is not a failure of the logo maker; it's a failure of dumbasses who bleed out of their ass at the sight of a rainbow.

I never thought about AOC that much at all until that dream I mentioned a few days ago (*and goddamn that shit was hot...if only we had a way to record dreams like shows and movies; I definitely would've saved that one)... and I just saw a clip of her on Fox a few minutes ago.... yeah she's not necessarily a 10 but she's cute though; if I knew her in person I'd take a shot....doesn't even matter that we'd probably disagree on nearly everything (*I'd just lie and pretend to agree for a while to avoid the drama.....which is similar to how I pretend to agree with my Dad on several points just to prevent a 4-hour rant session from blowing up into a 71-hour+ filibuster/argument that will be continued on and on for the rest of time).  

Fox Hotness Alert though:  Rachel has GLASSES on this morning on Fox & Friends, for instant bonus points.

On another note---those D&D figures... apparently they're Target exclusives? Also I should've bought the Venger/DM pack when I had the chance a few days ago...when I went back yesterday it was gone, of course...they had the other figures there but NOT that Venger/DM combo. (I'm not interested in the others, tbh...even though I like how accurate they are to the cartoon)

Edited by MillionX