Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I can't speak for everyone but I personally feel weird if I'm wearing something that's a reference to anything or represents a brand and I know next to jack shit about it or I don't care about it at all.  It's sort of a weird thing to do cause you may not even know what it is that you're representing when you're wearing it.  It's almost like getting a tattoo of some japanese katakana but not knowing at all what it means.  Sure it looks cool...but for all you know it could be saying "cum dumpster".

I feel ya big dawg but I aint taking this Nirvana shirt back. As of a matter fact, ima wear it tonight and probably buy another next time I'm in the mall. 

Im co opting this shit like white ppl co opted the word "woke".  lmao 🤣 

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I feel ya big dawg but I aint taking this Nirvana shirt back. As of a matter fact, ima wear it tonight and probably buy another next time I'm in the mall. 

Im co opting this shit like white ppl co opted the word "woke".  lmao 🤣 

You should check out Nirvana's music. Nevermind is the album that blew them up. But all their shit is fucking great.

ha, remember when that guy who was the baby on the Nirvana album cover tried to sue?  I think it was 1 or 2 years ago but I think it ultimately got thrown out as everyone had a good laugh at him.

Paid Time Off--- such an incredibly great concept... I took today off and it's been great...I went to the early morning gym session and have done nothing but browsed an electronics store and bought a few food items from Target (more of those spinach+goat cheese pizzas), so now it's just youtube and gaming the rest of the day for me...and yet I still get paid for this time.  It's so good it's almost like I'm getting away with something.  A certain old friend will never know, since he's stuck in some shitty job with no benefits (a low-paying 1099.... aka a bad deal, imo...amazing that the guy just kinda settled on that BS for apparently the rest of his life)

...but yeah; I should've taken Thursday off too and made it a 4-day weekend.  I'm already looking forward to the next bit of time to take off; I have a ton of leave time saved up.

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Unpopular opinion but I think a certain level of gate keeping is healthy. If i where an artist i would be really frustrated to see someone wearing my art (Movie, music, show, game whatever) and it turns out its nothing more then a fashion accessory to them. They know nothing about it at all and just wear it because its trendy or something. Vapid consumption.

In some ways it falls into the same kind of critique to me that Rian Johnson made of rich douchebags with Miles Bron. Dudes got a really big expensive bold piece of art on his wall and its fucking upside down because he doesn't give a shit about the art, just the status it gives him. I dont give a shit about art either, the internet had to point it out to me, and that's kind of the point. That's what it feels like to me when i see a 15 year old in a shirt with an NES controller on it that say "Vintage 1985."

It also sucks to look like a gatekeeping douchebag when you just thought the shirt or whatever indicated the chance at an actual mutual interest lol. Thats like a double whammy. You look like a jerk AND you didnt meet a mutual interest friend like you hoped. Bummer lol.

Early BUUUT Best take of 2023

So I wonder if they will release the bodycam footage of the Memphis officers tonight... seems like that would be a dumb idea to release such footage close to night time which is prime time for some riot action....  of course I always have only the lowest expectations of anything pertaining to that "city".  

The parents are calling for peaceful protests but any hope of that seems like a joke to me.  A lot of people aren't that far off from being savage animals... there's a certain primal aspect of human nature that is just waiting for an excuse to lash out and go wild.  If the officers were white guys I'd have absolutely no doubt what's about to happen... it would be 100% guaranteed, but there is a slight chance things won't go completely off the deep end (just because they aren't white)... it will be interesting to see the results here, whatever happens.

Edited by MillionX
10 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't seen the footage of the black cops yet but they also put out Paul Pelosi's hammer attack today...WTF

The cops are there...they see you in the house with the hammer....You hit him ANYWAY!?

Oh yeah that's the other big story popping off today---- this guy was dumb enough to just admit everything when being questioned later... he intended to take Nancy Pelosi hostage, and stated if she told the truth I guess she would be fine, but if she lied he intended to break her legs....so she was lucky to not be home at the time, apparently. 

14 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

my avatar keeps making me think that every post of mine has the  thrilling emoji sentiment tied to it. im goin bonkers or something. ugh.

idk from what anime that pic is from. wish i knew tho. just to see that coffee scene.

According to saucenao

Kidou Senshi Z Gundam - Episode 36
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 36
TV Series (1985-1986) - 50 Episodes

JPTitle: 機動戦士Zガンダム
EPName: Four To Infinity
Edited by Hecatom

can u believe ive never seen a single gundam anime ep? or read the manga. i know nothing bout gundam. i know macross and red baron. other mecha stories. but never gundam.

silly question.

why do the japs love robots so much? historically. culturally. 

ok i geddit. robots are cool. so are ninjas and vampires.

but they REALLY love robots. like alot

p.s. im watching the ep now. 36. hmm. hes a cool dude. bet u he has irish cream in that cup instead of coffee. mmhmm

Edited by VirginDefiler
21 hours ago, Maxx said:

I have a feeling the bands dont make shit. Alot of these deals are run by record companies from what i can tell. Unless you actually have a good contract..metallica i def believe they own a part of it. but slayer shirts being sold in forever 21/urban outfitters..nah thats def the record company.

Historically acts owned all the profits from touring and merch sales, but at some point, newer acts started signing what we're known as 360 deals which gave the labels a cut of this revenue because they weren't making money on cd sales anymore.

In the case of those mall stores or Target selling the shirts, I'm sure the acts in question have sold the likeness to the company that produces those. I have to imagine it would be hard to get away with selling those shirts at such high profile stores without said bands giving their blessing and getting a cut. 

21 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I can't speak for everyone but I personally feel weird if I'm wearing something that's a reference to anything or represents a brand and I know next to jack shit about it or I don't care about it at all.  It's sort of a weird thing to do cause you may not even know what it is that you're representing when you're wearing it.  It's almost like getting a tattoo of some japanese katakana but not knowing at all what it means.  Sure it looks cool...but for all you know it could be saying "cum dumpster".

I had a Japanese buddy who worked at this bar with me who told me he was out one night in Atlanta and saw some guy with a kanji tattoo on his neck and that the kanji meant "bathroom" in Japanese 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I had a Japanese buddy who worked at this bar with me who told me he was out one night in Atlanta and saw some guy with a kanji tattoo on his neck and that the kanji meant "bathroom" in Japanese 😂

This happens a lot. I talked my mother out of something Native American (To be partly fair her and her siblings where adopted and her brother was Native) when she asked me why I thought it was a bad idea I said it just didn't seem smart getting something permanently branded on yoyr body you couldn't read for yourself. 

She thought that made a lot of sense lol. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

This happens a lot. I talked my mother out of something Native American (To be partly fair her and her siblings where adopted and her brother was Native) when she asked me why I thought it was a bad idea I said it just didn't seem smart getting something permanently branded on yoyr body you couldn't read for yourself. 

She thought that made a lot of sense lol. 

I can't even imagine getting a tattoo like that in the pre-internet age without knowing anyone who speaks that language or knows that culture to verify it. That's gambling on a level I can't even fathom 😂

19 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I can't even imagine getting a tattoo like that in the pre-internet age without knowing anyone who speaks that language or knows that culture to verify it. That's gambling on a level I can't even fathom 😂

Thats why I pointed out my uncle is Native. She would have checked it with him lol. I just think it's tacky and kinda tasteless to have language you can't read printed on your body. 

17 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

why the 80s ruled. cuz this is soooo 80s dude. i saw this movie 1st time in class. awesome.

I like how the first person who got bodied in this scene didn't even bother to properly assess the situation. "This guy took my golf ball and crush it single handedly and he's armed with a sword...I got this"

Edited by Sonichuman

There's a local place in my city  - Eastside Fish Fry -  that beats both Canes and Popeyes.

Maybe the Canes/Popeyes near me isn't up to full strength. It's like that with a pizza place I loved in Flint but ain't shit where I am now.

Switching the topic:

Let me ask a question in earnest - are ANY of these red pill/manosphere dudes not frauds or shady in some way? I don't get how this shit overall got so big. I'm a PRIME candidate for believing in this shit, and even I wouldn't be caught dead listening to one of these dudes.

Edited by axeman61
24 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I don't get how this shit overall got so big.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Playing fair doesn't get you to this level so many of these peeps make controversial content either by fighting among other creators, making false claims/hot takes or doing outrageous stuff. Add to that right now how there's a horrible imbalance of men and women's equality there's a growing pool of men becoming apathetic to the demand to cater everything not equally to women but above that and many men become in need of seeking a voice to follow. Many younger guys lack solid parental figures (especially good fathers, I haven't had a dad in my life since I was 7?) and are lost. These voices are the loudest so...well you get the idea. 

for all the pushback to get away from religion, humans have a funny way of sometimes needing something or someone to believe in...

Many of these types do have some truth in their words but again like I said way back about Tate, can be off putting so the message is either ignored, or followed to a fault which breeds a cycle. The solution isn't easy but it's a combo of needing good fathers to raise boys into being good men once more who don't need this content. To get that, good men need good women...and...well that's a WHOLE other spiral and rant I don't have time for.  

EDIT - some of these redpill types from what I have seen only end up this way because they were usually done dirty by someone in their life. I know Tom Leykis was married divorced 4 times before he began saying (when he was still on radio 15 years ago)  to treat women like crap and don't waste a ton on a chick/ dump a chick by the 3rd date if you ain't bangin' etc as an example. 

Edited by TheInfernoman

The Friendzone is sometimes a precursor to villainy.

Million, Get over here!

Context: " After being accosted by the Northern Irish police, a young Sean Cassidy is saved by a mysterious biker and saves her, in turn, with his mutant powers, when the police run them off the road. He flies the woman, Maeve, to his home, where she also gets to meet his cousin, Tom. Over the weeks that follow, Maeve goes out with both Sean and Tom, honestly torn between both of them. Sean is supposed to accompany her to a spring dance, but is run off the road by the police sergeant they had previously escaped from. "  (Classic X-men #16)  (1987)

HpXi3GAdwYdOJIVtfb9D9I2pCwtVw3jHPCwAEvpm

Ra0Rzncq7kEFcR5tCMriOlu3kBMSmhwL7ZF-FPfc

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

There's a local place in my city  - Eastside Fish Fry -  that beats both Canes and Popeyes.

Maybe the Canes/Popeyes near me isn't up to full strength. It's like that with a pizza place I loved in Flint but ain't shit where I am now.

Switching the topic:

Let me ask a question in earnest - are ANY of these red pill/manosphere dudes not frauds or shady in some way? I don't get how this shit overall got so big. I'm a PRIME candidate for believing in this shit, and even I wouldn't be caught dead listening to one of these dudes.

Great message in regards to self improvement and some aspects of women's nature in dating. Just sadly most of the messengers suck. 

I'm not ashamed to admit that Kevin Samuels in particular had an impact on me. And motivated me to stop bullshitting and take my life more seriously. And move different with women than I use to.

I love my dad, and we have a better relationship now. But he wasn't a dude who could teach me sh1t about dealing with women in a good way. I don't agree with everything Kevin advised. But for me? Overall it drastically improved my ability to not only attract a woman. But also deal with women in general

No way I would've been able to allow my sister to move in and deal with her. If not for the game he gave. Such as SIGN language ( shame insult guilt need to he right ), and how to hold frame and not fold to that, when calling her out on some shit she did I didn't like in my home.

Edited by BB_Hoody