Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Something funny I found out a couple of days ago is that 7up changed the formula in my country to the version that would be considered 0 sugar/diet/for diabetics or whatever you prefer to call it.

What makes it funny is that apparently this change has been in place for quite a while and it was never advertised XD

They also have a Coca Cola version which is advertised as such, and tbh, while I prefer the flavor of original one, if I drink soda, I drink that version because it actually doesnt affect my gastritis.

Edited by Hecatom
18 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Popeyes > Chick-fil-A

Fite me 😤

CFA peaked circa 2008. Then it's like they became expensive for no real reason. I told my wife that I won't go there on my dime any longer. Yeah, their "corporate social commentary" is terrible, but spending almost $15 on a combo with a parfait is damn near silly. 

8 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Fuck that! Both can take the L. It's all about Church's! In fact, I might have to visit there tomorrow!

EDIT: If you ever go to the Munich area then the best chicken shop is:

Wienerwaldlogo.jpg

There is a Church's in my home town in SC. I've been meaning to try it again. The place has had it's sign missing for at least a few years now. They absolutely don't give a damn over there 🤣

Edited by OPTIMUS124
18 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Rasing Canes is my go to chikin now. 

Damn I miss that place. Zaxby's is cool but it's no Raising Canes. We don't have them in SC. I took my lunch a break a couple times of week a Raising Canes. My co-workers started giving me shit about it, I didn't care Chicken was good man. Zax Sauce is Costco brand Cane Sauce. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Damn I miss that place. Zaxby's is cool but it's no Raising Canes. We don't have them in SC. I took my lunch a break a couple times of week a Raising Canes. My co-workers started giving me shit about it, I didn't care Chicken was good man. Zax Sauce is Costco brand Cane Sauce. 

I went out to Las Vegas back in December and was about to try it. My brother (who is a Zaxby's stan) stated "Raising Canes is Zaxby's but worse". 

Next time I visit, I'll be sure to stop in. 

8 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I went out to Las Vegas back in December and was about to try it. My brother (who is a Zaxby's stan) stated "Raising Canes is Zaxby's but worse". 

Next time I visit, I'll be sure to stop in. 

I haven't been to Canes in almost 10 years at this point, but the only thing I'd give Zaxby over Canes menu variety. Of course that could be different now. Canes may added more options. That said the basic chicken strips, fries, and toast combo though. Canes >> Zaxby's. I don't even like the type of sauce that Canes Sauce is typically. I think it's good there. Zax Sauce is okay but it's kind of like getting a Mr. Pibb when you want a Dr. Pepper. Mr. Pibb isn't bad but ain't Dr. Pepper.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
18 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Let me ask a question in earnest - are ANY of these red pill/manosphere dudes not frauds or shady in some way? I don't get how this shit overall got so big. I'm a PRIME candidate for believing in this shit, and even I wouldn't be caught dead listening to one of these dudes.

A lot of "red pill" content is just guys calling woman out on their bullshit or just holding them accountable for mistakes. Their seems to be this notion that it's bunch dudes like Andrew Tate. Society, in the US at least, has gotten to point where just pointing out "hey that woman is wrong for that" is considered "manosphere/red pill" content. It's part of the reason Bill Burr is so funny. A lot the stuff he says just calling out women's bullshit. But it has to be done in comedic fashion or less thee be cancelled or labelled as some sort of misogynists. Bring up "mandatory paternity tests" and see what happens. Shit gets treated like a hot button issue, when it's basic common sense.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I think there is a certain degree of truth to the Red Pill and men should at least be aware of the absolute fucking the family courts are going to give them if they get divorced or knock a woman up.

But I think a ton of the Red Pill youtubers are fronting and I doubt their real life is anything like their online persona because IMO you can't just run around being that much of a brazen asshole without some real life blowback.  I even heard rumors that Andrew Tate is actually married with kids and if that is true OMFG that would be hilarious.

Bit by bit my physical media collection continues to improve... today I found Brightburn on blu-ray, finally.  It's long gone from regular stores like Target or even Best Buy, so I got it at my usual place that specializes in having a giant amount of old blu-rays, dvds and 4Ks.  I've picked up the pace in acquiring certain things I want or are at least mildly interested in since the tv/movie production industry seems to be intent on making streaming services the only choice in the near future (*this is a guarantee at this point, since most people don't seem to care about actually owning copies of things anymore....which is bizarre to me.  I am not sure why the average person doesn't seem to think this through that much... that they are seemingly ok with a future of owning nothing, where movies and shows that are older than 5 to 10 years are just completely gone forever.  That's fucking stupid; the very idea irks the hell out of me.)  

I should round up all the Chicago PD seasons as well soon... since shows like that will quickly become a thing of the past for certain obvious reasons. (the recent case of Memphis police brutality has it fresh on everyone's minds at the moment)  It won't surprise me if there's just no such thing as a show like that in the future.... which is a shame, imo... I prefer that entertainment have absolutely zero limitations on what can be produced. (**then again; the legendary series "24" actually still premiered shortly after 09/11/01 attacks happened, which was surprising...)

They also had a 4k disc of the Tom Cruise "Mummy" movie; I probably should've gotten it asap....because that's another movie that is recent but rare at this point.  Despite some nitpicks, overall I enjoyed that one when I saw it in the theater.

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A lot of "red pill" content is just guys calling woman out on their bullshit or just holding accountable for mistakes. Their seems to be this notion that it's bunch dudes like Andrew Tate. Society, in the US at least, has gotten to point where just pointing out "hey that woman is wrong for that" is considered "manosphere/red pill" content. It's part of the reason Bill Burr is so funny. A lot the stuff he says just calling out women's bullshit. But it has to be done in comedic fashion or less thee be cancelled or labelled as some sort of misogynists. Bring up "mandatory paternity tests" and see what happens. Shit gets treated like a hot button issue, when it's basic common sense.

I think it's probably also the differences in how they approach the subject.  Bill just has a way of carrying you to his point where it's hard to deny the truth of the matter no matter what spectrum of the conversation you're on.  You can get mad at him but you can't refute him lol.

2 hours ago, J-ride said:

I think there is a certain degree of truth to the Red Pill and men should at least be aware of the absolute fucking the family courts are going to give them if they get divorced or knock a woman up.

But I think a ton of the Red Pill youtubers are fronting and I doubt their real life is anything like their online persona because IMO you can't just run around being that much of a brazen asshole without some real life blowback.  I even heard rumors that Andrew Tate is actually married with kids and if that is true OMFG that would be hilarious.

I think a lot of "red pill/manosphere" Youtubers aren't really that. They get lumped into the category because of the negative connation and this allows people to hand wave away anything they say. That's the current "debate" meta, label some you disagree with a pejorative because you know they are right and you can't refute what they say. That or put words into their mouth they didn't say or make an inference that isn't there. Hell, it's more work to pull off the gymnastics necessary to evade the point than to just argue the point. 

Edit: He probably is. He won't confirm or deny that he's married. Every time someone brings it up, he says and I'm paraphrasing "I wouldn't tell anyone if I was, because my wife would become a target."

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't been to Canes in almost 10 years at this point, but the only thing I'd give Zaxby over Canes menu variety. Of course that could be different now. Canes may added more options. That said the basic chicken strips, fries, and toast combo though. Canes >> Zaxby's. I don't even like the type of sauce that Canes Sauce is typically. I think it's good there. Zax Sauce is okay but it's kind of like getting a Mr. Pibb when you want a Dr. Pepper. Mr. Pibb isn't bad but ain't Dr. Pepper.

Menu is the same. 4 types of chicken strip baskets and chicken sammich lol. 

Ok yeah Brightburn was awesome... I'll have to check out some reviews again because I vaguely recall some people didn't like it, which is odd to me.  The only thing is that it's somewhat predictable because of what the concept is---> "The story of a young Kal El and the Kents, BUT this is a horror film."

Really cool moment--- one scene involves a person getting a glass shard stuck in one of their eyes... and they make sure you get a good look at this.  Sheeeitttt, you know I can respect that; I love it... what other mainstream movies these days even have the balls to do a scene like that anymore?  Oh yeahhhh, this movie is like "....we're definitely going to earn that R rating here..."   

I really just have one nitpick here... spoiler for a somewhat old movie, I suppose...

Spoiler

The scene where his mom runs from the house to that barn area where the ship is.... he's out there flying around at this time...it's a bit of a tough sell that she would be able to make it over there safely.  He's superhumanly fast AND is flying around....and she's bruised up after falling from the window, so she's hobbling over there.  He would easily be able to catch up before she gets to the barn.  Maybe the intent here is that he's momentarily distracted by throwing a superpowered temper tantrum, tearing up the house, I guess.  Of course for the sake of the movie, she HAS to make it over there just to set up the big moment where she tries to stab him with a piece of the ship.

I remember the trailer for this movie was cool too: (*edited...trailer #2 shows too much, imo... this is the first one...)

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Two of my good friends were once debating what the best Nirvana album was, and decided it came down to whether you preferred them when they were punks trying to sound like professionals, or professionals trying to sound like punks.

Outside of 'Tourettes,' and maybe 'Very Ape' there wasn't much on In Utero that sounded all that punk. The writing was a lot more sophisticated and they'd been moving further away from the punk thing more and more with each album (thankfully, because punk ends up being a philosophical trap for a lot of musicians.) Probably the most "punk" thing about it is Steve Albini's production, but even that has less in common with punk and more with avant garde, noise, and what would end up being "indie." 

In Utero scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it. Songs like Milk It, Very Ape, Francis Farmer, Pennyroyal Tea, and especially Scentless Apprentice were dripping with this vibe I can't really put into words, but it was something I'd never felt up until that point and it stuck with me. The lyrical imagery, how primal the drums sound, the apocalyptic guitar tones, the way you can hear the room sounds on the drums and vocals especially. They made something that managed to strike a balance between art and commerce that few acts ever manage. The songs a commercially good, but it isn't an album you could put on in the background and not either want to turn off or pay total attention to imo.

To this day, I've never heard another album that sounds or hits quite like it does, and while Nevermind is their big record, it's one that other bands could approach making at least from a sonic standpoint. But for my money, In Utero was their true lightning in a bottle because the marriage of Nirvana's best songs and Steve Albini's one-of-a-kind production was something that wasn't destined to be more than a one time event due to personalities.

Edited by DoctaMario
38 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

wasn't much on In Utero that sounded all that punk

In the context of the quote, it was about them being punks as a social caliber and degree of refinement, rather than "punk" as the specific musical subgenre. 

Idk that'd I'd call punk a philosophical trap, at least not lyrically.  It definitely seems like a stylistic pigeonhole though.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A lot of "red pill" content is just guys calling woman out on their bullshit or just holding them accountable for mistakes. Their seems to be this notion that it's bunch dudes like Andrew Tate. Society, in the US at least, has gotten to point where just pointing out "hey that woman is wrong for that" is considered "manosphere/red pill" content. It's part of the reason Bill Burr is so funny. A lot the stuff he says just calling out women's bullshit. But it has to be done in comedic fashion or less thee be cancelled or labelled as some sort of misogynists. Bring up "mandatory paternity tests" and see what happens. Shit gets treated like a hot button issue, when it's basic common sense.

Related; Is funny to me how this quote meant as a joke has managed to stay relevant through years when it comes to certain women

"Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson) : I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability.”
-- from As Good as it gets"

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

In the context of the quote, it was about them being punks as a social caliber and degree of refinement, rather than "punk" as the specific musical subgenre. 

Idk that'd I'd call punk a philosophical trap, at least not lyrically.  It definitely seems like a stylistic pigeonhole though.

In that sense, they were no longer "punk" when they signed a major label deal.

I mean it's a philosophical trap in that musicians will get so worried about "is this punk enough?" while forgetting that there as many different definitions of "punk" as there are "punks." This sort of thing isn't exclusive to punk, but it's definitely most pronounced there. 

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think a lot of "red pill/manosphere" Youtubers aren't really that. They get lumped into the category because of the negative connation and this allows people to hand wave away anything they say. That's the current "debate" meta, label some you disagree with a pejorative because you know they are right and you can't refute what they say. That or put words into their mouth they didn't say or make an inference that isn't there. Hell, it's more work to pull off the gymnastics necessary to evade the point than to just argue the point. 

Edit: He probably is. He won't confirm or deny that he's married. Every time someone brings it up, he says and I'm paraphrasing "I wouldn't tell anyone if I was, because my wife would become a target."

And the sad thing is that works.

To this day, you see a lot of idiots saying that x or y youtuber/politician/personality/person is x-phobe, y-ism, just because someone else said it on social media, but if you take the time to investigate them, you gind is not true.

For example, Jay Exci, a youtuber I follow was labelled as mysoginist, homophobe, etc because a Dr. Who Review for the latest season at the time.

But if anyone spouting such nonsense watched the video instead of parroting  shit would have noticed that

A) Jay indentifies as trans/non binary

B) Never mentions/says anything that can be constructed as such.

But as you say, for a time, it has been the easiest thing to do, and people weponize it.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Why did Philadelphia take 35 years to put up a statue of real boxer Joe Frazier after putting up a statue of fake boxer Rocky?

I wonder, is there a monument to Rambo on the Smithsonian in DC?

I am gonna guess that is because Rocky actually drove people towards Philadelphia for tourism, even today, there are people who goes there to do the Rocky run on the stairs.

Rocky, for better or worse is well known globally, by people outside the boxing sphere.

Meanwhile (this is without minimizing his achievements) Joe Frazier is less known outside the people who follow the sport.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Who would you say is "mislabeled" in this fashion? Not a comedian; just a youtuber or somebody.

With the few red pill dudes I've cared to look into, the shit outweighs the good you get from them. Yeah, they say some truths, but they say a lot of other bs too. But those are just the loudest voices. Who would you say is in the red pill scene, but falsely associated with the Andrew Tates and Fresh and Fits?

Edited by axeman61

Apparently Heavy Metal Isn't Torture In Hell

Oh, no… it's far worse.

Devil.png

A priest in Michigan is making waves with a wacked out story about how he briefly died, and— while momentarily dead—he visited Hell, where the Dark Master's soundtrack of choice was Rihanna. Yes, apparently El Diablo likes to bump that bad gal RiRi when kicking back, just torturing weak sinners and malefactors.

This is according to Gerald Johnson, who explained the incident occured in 2016 while suffering from a heart attack. “My spirit left my physical body,” he explained in a new viral TikTok video. “I thought I was going upward, because I thought that I had done so much good in this lifetime and helped so many people, and made so many decisions that were Godly decisions."

Think again, Padre.

"But as opposed to me going up, I went down. I went literally into the centre of the earth. That’s where hell is.”

The encounter truly seems to have rocked the clergyman to his core, saying that he “wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.” His vivid account is so convincing, who am I to say whether he really visited Hell or not? Listening to Johnson describe seeing a man “walking on all fours like a dog and getting burned from head to toe" definitely gives a person reason for momentary pause.

"His eyes were bulging and worse than that: He was wearing chains on his neck," Johnson continued. "He was like a hellhound. There was a demon holding the chains…. "The things that I saw were indescribable and it makes me emotional every time I talk about it."

Crucially, Johnson was able to explain how the Devil got his kicks, recalling how songs like Rihanna’s "Umbrella" and Bobby McFerrin’s "Don’t Worry Be Happy" were played on an endless loop by demons, arguably the first Earworm from Hell of it's kind, to torture every poor bastard sent to Hell to suffer forever.

“It just blew me away,” the old dominie exclaimed. “Every lyric to every song is to torment you [for] the fact that you didn’t worship God through music when you were on the Earth… you chose to worship Satan by repeating the lyrics that he inspired to come into the Earth.”

You watch Johnson tell the story himself in the TikTok video below, and decide for yourself just what it is you really believe. The only thing I believe is that nobody has gone looking underneath Father Johnson's bed for a bottle (or two).

5 hours ago, J-ride said:

I would actually like it if women acted like this I'm not going to lie.  It's way better than the passive/aggressive nonsense I get from them the majority of the time.  

Yeah, this seems like a better, more easy-going world, imo.  It's amusing that they assume that the majority of men who are absolutely "invisible" to women would hate or be annoyed with a reversal where they suddenly get the attention the average, even "6 out of 10" woman gets on a daily basis for the entire prime years of her life.

"Oh no, I'm too attractive, and they ask me to smile more... oh dear what a horrible, awful curse!  Whatever will I do?!" 😆 Ridiculous.

...also funny that recently a lot have been lamenting about "...what happened?  Why don't men approach us anymore?  What's going on?"  🤣  Ohhhhh they are truly a non-stop source of entertainment in so many ways.  I love it...in the usual "laugh at the incredible, Twilight Zone-caliber absurdity" way.

**well, there's 1 bowl of cereal wasted just now... I forgot that my current milk carton was past the expiration date and went to make cereal for a quick breakfast snack... then noticed *chunks* of milk pouring out 😆

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

HBO are in a league of their own when it comes to shows.

GoT's conclusion is the exception to the rule.

HBO also puts out some really shitty shows, cancels good ones early, and lets others fall off the damned cliff year after year following a strong first season.

When they get it right, it's still magic- but there's no consistency with them any more.

10 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Who would you say is "mislabeled" in this fashion? Not a comedian; just a youtuber or somebody.

With the few red pill dudes I've cared to look into, the shit outweighs the good you get from them. Yeah, they say some truths, but they say a lot of other bs too. But those are just the loudest voices. Who would you say is in the red pill scene, but falsely associated with the Andrew Tates and Fresh and Fits?

Aba and Preach have been lumped into "manosphere/red pill" content.