Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

You guys are either bald or have very short hair.

If you have long thick hair, you have be really picky about when you shower because it is a "process".

What do you constitute as long hair? My hair was longer, but I've just gone for a mid length cut this semester. My schedule has remained the same. I always shower twice. Whether or not I use product is a different matter, but I can't sleep knowing that I am carrying someone else's germs, and I can't go out knowing I smell and look bad.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This makes me think about that author that recently died, she lived as a man for a book she was write. Long story short it messed her up so bad she ended up self deleting. For a woman to pose this question shows how out of touch they are with how life is for a man. 

There is a video where the woman you mention explains how wrong she was in all her assumptions of how men behaved or were treated.
And basically admitting that all the intersectional theory/gender theory she championed all her life and why she was doing the experiment is bullcrap.

23 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

What do you constitute as long hair? My hair was longer, but I've just gone for a mid length cut this semester. My schedule has remained the same. I always shower twice. Whether or not I use product is a different matter, but I can't sleep knowing that I am carrying someone else's germs, and I can't go out knowing I smell and look bad.

Long hair IMO = can tie it all in a single bun or pony tail.

dang, cindy williams is dead. rip

i'll put up her star wars audition cuz yall know her from laverne & shirley.

scratch that i'll put this gem up instead

AG is a great teen coming of age mvie. i never really pay attention to it before i saw dazed and confused.

after that fav movie, i wanted to see the movie that inspired it.

yunno, 

its crazy the force that was george lucas in the 70s.

he made american graffitti.

if you dont remember the 70s. lived thru it, u dont understand how huge this movie was.

like mad movies and tv shows spun off from this one lucas film.

laverne and shirley

happy days

the outsiders

lords of flatbush.

a ton of shit. more movies n tv shows that i can remember off the top of my head

a whole revival of music and late 50s/early 60s pre beatles teen culture sprung up from the hugeness of grafitti.

if you werent alive at the time, the 70s, u wouldnt understand i think.

edit

point is, lucas owned the 70s.

its not the box office success of american grafitti and star wars.

i dont mean the money.

i mean, these 2 movies became cultural icons.

likke it affected the culture of the 70s is what i mean. 

tv shows and movies just copied his shit and rode the wave he created.

mad spin offs, copies, etc of space future shit and poodle skirt greaser culture.

oh yea, grease the movie. another film that rode the wave lucas made.

damn that nigga.

he, made 3 movies. 1138 thx, sw, and ag.

one flopped but the other 2 movies were monster out the park home runs.

spielberg. hes great. greater than lucas. but he never changed culture like lucas

Edited by VirginDefiler
7 hours ago, Daemos said:

Oh no that's not a pleasant way to go out. I was thinking AI releases a genetically engineered virus that only kills homo sapiens and leaves all other life and infrastructure intact.

I can easily see this happening because unfortunately humans being compared to a plague or a virus that just spreads and uses up resources is really hard to argue against.   Humand do a lot of good but most of the time that 'good' comes from something we fucked up or we're continually fucking up.  I have no doubt that if a self thinking and learning program were to look at the overall history humans, it would draw the conclusion that we either need to be culled or wiped out entirely.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:18 PM, elliephil said:

I was just listening to the live album earlier today. Rip Terrorizer.... a band that also killed asses...

And you know, I had received my Terrorizer shirt from UK not too long ago. Never got to see them live even though they play a show in my city for free 😩

QpsoklX.jpg

Check out some backstory on Terrorizer from Sadistic Intent 🤘

https://www.facebook.com/S.I.666official/posts/pfbid0fvgesY4acLJoR9QdAM5cx4DaRtSAaoegZ8ji4QpwPacLjk7XpDHYBtrUy6pxEnPcl

Another thing the pandemic stole from us--- the "snow/ice day".  It's a sheet of ice out there at the moment... and in the pre-pandemic era, that would've surely meant a free "admin" day off for me....or a "snow day" off school when I was a kid.  Now it's just "...those who can work from home should do so.", all the damn time....the winter weather is no longer an excuse to sit at home enjoying a little vacation.

...but now, some horror movies and shows that are tough or impossible to find:

It's the reason why physical media should always be an option.  An "all streaming" future that some people are hyped about is just foolishness.  

Near Dark is the one that irks me---your only shot is to pay a ridiculous price for a dvd on Amazon *if* they have it in stock in the correct region format(PAL vs. NTSC).  Back in the good ol' days you could just go anywhere and buy it easily.

*I didn't know Fright Night 2 (original) was that rare... I only saw it once way back when it was a new movie.

Bells is another one--- but then again that's not necessarily a result of the modern "streaming; only new stuff allowed" stupid era... Bells was some obscure shit even back in the 80s.  In all these years, I've only known of 1 other person that has also seen it, and that was a random other dude on the old SRK.  No one has ever known what movie I'm referring to with that one.  The concept--- a crazy dude has some tech that lets him kill people by calling them....so a city is being terrorized by random phone murders---person answers the phone only to hear some bell tones on repeat that increase in volume which makes them go into convulsions and die.  This movie also went by an alternate name for some reason but I forgot it.  It's probably still on Youtube, actually... I tracked it down a few years ago there, but sadly the computer I had it saved on died so I'd have to find and save that again.  This is also one of the only movies to ever give me nightmares when I was a kid... the final scene shows the guy getting electrocuted by this big machine he had setup to make the calls and sounds...and it fell on him, and the last shot you see is of his face when the eyes missing.

(**edit---YEP, I found that same link... I guess it stays up since whoever owns the copyright doesn't care?  Just search "Bells movie" on youtube---- the alternate name is "Murder By Phone" and it's from 1982)

Edited by MillionX

I would like to see Near Dark just redone with today's production values and budget....but that comes with the curse of today's "questionable" choices where they have to load up things with bait for cheap publicity and/or apparent shielding from criticism (e.g.---
"hey hey look at how we made this character black and the other one a trans person!  Isn't that cool!  You better like it OR ELSE..")....same reason I'm glad that Lost Boys reboot as a tv series never made it out of development hell....that was going to be a CW show so one can only imagine what an absolute disaster that would've been.

...a shame what happened with CW though... that network at least gave me Supernatural, Vampire and The Originals, The Flash (early seasons), Smallville...and Roswell, though I never watched much of the newer Roswell.  They also had the reboots of 90210 and Melrose Place which was loaded with fine ass as per usual.... so that network wasn't a total shitshow....there were good things on it over the years.  Oh yeah, The 100 was good at least at first....great concept on the front end but I gradually lost interest.

Edited by MillionX

I can't believe this woman has such a reasonable take on the "Gym Entrapment" situation that is trending on social media:

Personally I work out in the middle of the night/late at night because women won't wear skimpy clothes to the gym because our gym doesn't light up the parking lot at night.  It's the perfect "rapey" atmosphere to discourage that kind of dress/behavior.

EDIT: https://babylonbee.com/news/12-life-hacks-to-avoid-looking-at-women-in-the-gym

Edited by J-ride
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

^ Those apply to men too mostly.

Except the rapey thing at night. Men will welcome that.

I'm about 6ft tall and 190lbs, not exactly worried about getting raped by some random dude.  I've just noticed a place "looking scary" is usually enough to keep women away.

I'm sure other women would roll their eyes and probably call her a "pick-me" or a grifter... but yeah there should be more women speaking out to point out the stupidity of what's going on in  modern times.

...and again, I love how it all has played out though:

1. Call every dude (who isn't attractive to them) "creepy" or "incel" for literally anything he does or says.
  2. Wonders why most dudes have stopped approaching or even interacting with women in recent years.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

So yea, last month a coworker went behind my back and lied to the captains about my work ethic. Caught me off guard cuz i kinda thought dude was kinda cool. Plus he's one of the guys training me, I rely HEAVILY upon his guidance. Then theres the matter of another guy who did fuck all and never got so much as a verbal warning, let alone got the office involved

Upper management pulled me to the side at the crew meeting to discuss it, he said there isnt a target on my back and to wipe the slate clean but I'm not fully trusting, so I keep a log book of every task I complete to cover my ass. Can't trust ppl who don't say anything to you then try to fuck you over 

I was quite pissed for awhile but now I just take it as a sign that im possibly on the right path. Seems like the most ill will I recieve is usually when Im doing right and trying to better myself. So now im in the Workplace Politics Saga, which ive generally avoided til now 🤣

Edited by HD-Man
5 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Bruv Aba and Preach did a few vids on this.

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Jesus....I've heard the rumors about Dubai trips, but damn. These guys just get off on the fact that they can pay enough to get a person to subject themselves to this. 

Why would you listen to Aba and Preach cover a place that they have no real experience over? You should only ever take any input on regions like that from someone who grew up there.

Like me.

It's all mostly true LOL.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:01 AM, Chadouken said:

I vote zombie apocalypse for extinction event. At least some of us would have a fighting chance.

I don't know about that. Seems like China/Taiwan might happen sooner than we think. America already is trying to get more bases in the Philippines as of today.

Here is the article from the left-wing news and from the right-wing news:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/01/asia/us-philippines-base-access-agreement-intl-hnk-ml/index.html      

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-philippines-announce-new-agreement-ramp-up-military-presence-amid-china-taiwan-tensions

Then you have Marines returning to Guam!

https://www.stiripesurse.ro/breaking-cab-anunta-ca-nu-exista-probe-care-sa-sustine-acuzatia-de-viol-la-adresa-lui-andrew-tate_2773465.html

Unsurprisingly, the rape charges against Tate are not sticking. Court decided further evidence are required. They're keeping the brothers in, however, so there must be something in the case files regarding the sex trafficking accusations, to keep them locked up. I maintain my original predictions about how the case is going to turn.

Edited by Dracu