Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Ok so I've noticed over the past couple of months. That sometimes there's a water bottle sitting in a bathroom stall when I use it. Thought it was weird.

But then I had a conversation with a Pakistani guy. Talked about his time in the U.S and got on the subject of using the bathroom. He said he couldn't believe us Americans wipe our asses with dry TP and don't use bidets.

So I asked him " well what else are you suppose to do if you don't have a bidet?" He told me he just brings a bottle of soapy water, and uses it to wet the TP before wiping. Then use dry TP to well dry

So that explains why I be seeing water bottles in the stalls. So thought I'd give it a try. And bruh. I feel like I've been living like a caveman all my life. Dude was right. Wiping with dry TP is no better than wiping with hey. Wet TP makes my ass feel squeaky clean. We call ourselves 1st world yet wipe with dry TP. Down right barbaric.

Oh yeah I forgot how long ago I started but that's been my gameplan too for a while now.  In the pre-pandemic days of going to an office building every day it was more of an awkward situation though (**because sinks are typically a distance from the stalls in public bathrooms; at a typical house, a sink is usually right there in reach); I actually didn't think to just use a water bottle....it was kinda rare that I shitted while at work anyway though...  (*shitting at work is best afterhours though---that's great when most people had already gone home so you don't have to worry about others coming in there)

..but at home for sure; I'll always wet the toilet paper and have a little soap, so it's more of an actual "washing up" than just a dry wipe situation; it's superior.  I can't settle for less anymore.

edit---ooh now I found a reading of "Communion" by Roddy McDowall!

https://youtu.be/R7Xg4rqqanA 

Edited by MillionX
On 2/3/2023 at 2:10 PM, Hecatom said:

If I go by mechanics and gameplay feel alone.
I think my favorite would be CVS2 (I know is not really a SF game, but 🤷‍♂️)

Now let me stop you right there. Not really an SF game? CVS2 is the true successor to the SFIII series! The SF characters are SF like more so than they were in all of the Marvel games.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, VirginDefiler said:

btw,

anyone aussie in here? i got this yogurt from australia and they spelled yogurt as yoghurt.

and i was like ???

so i cant tell if mofos mispelled or if thats just how they write it down under.

They spell it as "Yogourt" or "Yoghourt" in Canada because it's considered a Bilingual spelling.

11 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I honestly think a lot of people. Are deliberately testing the limits of how much bitchassness they can get away with. And just need to be told. "NO This isn't offensive or harmful. You'll be aight. Stop looking for new ways to be a victim and man or woman up."

As unbelievably lame as it sounds, I can actually kind of understand it. Gen Z people have grown up seeing the thumbs up used a lot in contexts like this:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

And given how online communication often robs things of context, it makes sense that some of them could see that emote as being like the JLaw gif rather than a genuine "good game" especially if they're already tilted from losing.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

And given how online communication often robs things of context, it makes sense that some of them could see that emote as being like the JLaw gif rather than a genuine "good game" especially if they're already tilted from losing.

There is no out of context communication here.  In this type of games without voice/chat to trash talk, they use emotes to do what they called bad manner.  I learned this when I started playing Clash Royale and whenever your opponent get ahead, you made a mistake or they win would spam this thumbs up emote.

spacer.png

Funny enough since the early days, the developers recognize this and part of there monetization was focused on making as an annoying emotes as possible for people to buy and use during matches.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

A lot of times happens that someone is playing and losing and getting "bad mannered" like crazy and when they finally win they feel the urge to bad manner themselves as a revenge. Forming a chain of people releasing their frustrations on each other.  

The solution to this is that if you can't handle this or are on tilt is that you have the option to mute the other player and just focused on the game.

In conclusion, I don't know specifically in this Marvel game but in other games this type of emote behavior is considered serious stuff and friendships have been lost because of it.  😆  Of course looking at all this from afar looks like the  most stupid and childish thing ever, and it is.  

Edited by LuvMyCap
6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

This is the stupidest thing ever. I agree with John Kent. Clark shouldn't even risk the idea of showing his powers. Don't save him. Fine.

But why is John stumbling around a car that is clearly not moving (you need to push a fraction of your body weight onto a car like that to make it wobble on its suspension a bit, so clearly if the tornado can move John around like that then the car can move too), and then why does he ground himself in order to stand like a hero and make a signal that everyone else can clearly see?

He could have just stumbled towards his family and been safe.

All of this is ridiculous. He should have been more practical.

This is why we need a brown Superman. Hollywood, get to it.

4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

As unbelievably lame as it sounds, I can actually kind of understand it. Gen Z people have grown up seeing the thumbs up used a lot in contexts like this:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I get that. But even with that said. It's not harmful or offensive. It's just a playful taunt. No different than teabagging, or hitting the actual taunt button in a fighter. 

Yeah its rubbing salt in the wound of a lost. It happens. Learn from the lost, improve. So next time it can be you giving the thumbs up. 

God imagine these kids actually gaming in person. Hell I've seen it with my nephews and their friends. The amount of salt and rage while playing smash ultimate was insane. And all hell broke lose when one decided to teabag after a shield break. Had to separate them.

Edited by BB_Hoody
3 hours ago, LuvMyCap said:

In conclusion, I don't know specifically in this Marvel game but in other games this type of emote behavior is considered serious stuff and friendships have been lost because of it.  😆  Of course looking at all this from afar looks like the  most stupid and childish thing ever, and it is. 

I remember this was an issue in Hearthstone years ago, it was so much of a problem that the emotes were changed.

Edited by Jurassic
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

I get that. But even with that said. It's not harmful or offensive. It's just a playful taunt. No different than teabagging, or hitting the actual taunt button in a fighter. 

Yeah its rubbing salt in the wound of a lost. It happens. Learn from the lost, improve. So next time it can be you giving the thumbs up. 

God imagine these kids actually gaming in person. Hell I've seen it with my nephews and their friends. The amount of salt and rage while playing smash ultimate was insane. And all hell broke lose when one decided to teabag after a shield break. Had to separate them.

I don't know that as many people would do it if it were in person, but because they're safe behind a screen, they can get away with it.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

God imagine these kids actually gaming in person.

Bro, people used to get stabbed for throwing in Street Fighter. We don't have to imagine it, we've seen far worse then anything your nephews have done back when Arcades where a thing and your opponent was shoulder to shoulder with you.  

Don't fall into that rose tinted glasses view of the past nonsense that old people always tumble head first into. Kids are no better or worse now then they have ever been. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Bro, people used to get stabbed for throwing in Street Fighter. We don't have to imagine it, we've seen far worse then anything your nephews have done back when Arcades where a thing and your opponent was shoulder to shoulder with you.  

Don't fall into that rose tinted glasses view of the past nonsense that old people always tumble head first into. Kids are no better or worse now then they have ever been. 

You misunderstand. If anything we're in agreement. Kids today stressing over teabagging and thumbs up emotes. When back on the day. Dudes like you said got into fights and even poked up.

This is why I said they need to be told it ain't that big of a deal. Suck it up buttercup, you'll get'em next time.

Because back in the day. You didn't have room to act up like that. If you did? you better be ready for someone to step to you ready to do damage. Other wise check yoself. Accept the loss, and move on.

Edited by BB_Hoody
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

NO MOTHERFUCKER.

I WILL STAB A BITCH.

COME SEE ME WITH THOSE THUMBS.

4 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Damn women really hating on my man Leo for having the money and status to pull damn near any chick he wants. They doging him as if men in their family wouldn't do the same if they had it like him.

He is a bit off. Maybe only to me, but still. I mean, if you're going to fuck a bunch of women because you can do that, do you. As long as you don't Nick Cannon it and have a legion of children out there, cool. But this latest thing where he has girlfriends for that he throw outs after a certain age is odd.

4 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

He is a bit off. Maybe only to me, but still. I mean, if you're going to fuck a bunch of women because you can do that, do you. As long as you don't Nick Cannon it and have a legion of children out there, cool. But this latest thing where he has girlfriends for that he throw outs after a certain age is odd.

Yeah I'll admit. It is odd that rightbatv25 he's done and on to the next one. But he's upfront about it from jump with these women, they're cool with it. And he ain't making no babbies with them. Yet you got women in those comments calling him. Narcissist, Gay, creepy, predator, physiological issues etc. 

Like it really don't sit right with them. That a man could have enough money and status to have it like that. Sorry ladies. Money and status allows a man to pull choice women even as he ages. Same doesn't go for ya unless you just want a boytoy.

DiCaprio is weird.  Like, he's not out there just banging 20-somethings, but pulling them into on-going relationships that clearly mean very little to him given the expiration dates.

Frankly, it does have the whiff of something exploitive about it- if only because as the life experience gap keeps getting bigger it's less and less likely that he's actually finding people he has enough in common with to base a relationship off of.  A once in a blue moon 20yo girl he vibes with?  Maybe.  But not a never-ending conga line of them.

Those Hollywood marriages where the non-famous partner accepts or encourages the situation where the famous one is going to have a ton of brief affairs seem a lot cleaner to me.  Nobody's time is getting wasted under mistaken assumptions.  Honestly, even in the Will Smith situation the worst part about it is that neither of them had the sense to keep it private.

Edited by Reticently

I have to wonder how pissed they are about August Wilson or whatever his name is blabbing about the whole thing... there was suspicion about Will and Jada's "marriage" for a while, and then this dude came out with confirmation which blew everything up, and it just got worse from there.  I'm sure that for various reasons they'd rather this all just remained a "rumored" thing people gossiped about instead of being all over the media like that.

**randomly hit me--- I wonder if some of the hate the "Passport Bros." get from other men is because those other dudes CAN'T do the same thing (perhaps due to certain criminal records holding them back or obligations that keep these dudes anchored to the U.S.?  I am not sure if certain things like that in a person's background can hold them up from getting a passport but I would not be surprised if it's serious enough)..?  If so that's even more pathetic than I previously thought. 😆  It's already no surprise that women (usually black women from what I've noticed) hate it, but it seems especially odd and pitiful for any of this to be coming from other so-called "men".

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

With February on the calendar, it is time for the return of  ASK  A BROTHA!

Black GUYS:

When you're smashing a *ho*, do you put on R&B or rap music or just leave it quiet so you hear the balls slapping and the human "dialogue"?

That's the key word there. If it's just a casual fling? Its just straight primal animalistic smashing. If it's with a chick I'm claiming? Yeah I could see my myself throwing on some  Marvin Gaye, some Luther Vandross, a little Aliyah to definitely to set the mood alright.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

**randomly hit me--- I wonder if some of the hate the "Passport Bros." get from other men is because those other dudes CAN'T do the same thing (perhaps due to certain criminal records holding them back or obligations that keep these dudes anchored to the U.S.?  I am not sure if certain things like that in a person's background can hold them up from getting a passport but I would not be surprised if it's serious enough)..?  If so that's even more pathetic than I previously thought. 😆  It's already no surprise that women (usually black women from what I've noticed) hate it, but it seems especially odd and pitiful for any of this to be coming from other so-called "men".

The current dating market is hard, I can't blame the passport bros.  I do think that women are still women though and they have a good chance of viewing your relationship as a financial transaction.  But I will say I know two different guys who married Filipinos and they are absolutely ride or die.

Edited by J-ride
3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I have to wonder how pissed they are about August Wilson or whatever his name is blabbing about the whole thing... there was suspicion about Will and Jada's "marriage" for a while, and then this dude came out with confirmation which blew everything up, and it just got worse from there.  I'm sure that for various reasons they'd rather this all just remained a "rumored" thing people gossiped about instead of being all over the media like that.

From my VERY limited knowledge of passport bros, I'd assume other men dislike them because they're going to a different country to get at a woman who either doesn't know much or has special incentive to not say no to you. That's at least how I see it. That seems like a move made by someone who has no shot in the US dating market because he's a lame. Or just doesn't realize they're getting finessed in another way. I understand if you visit a foreign country and happen to fall in love there, but this BS where they're active in it and rebelling against "modern women" seems pathetic to me.

It's kind like these right wing fucks who couldn't cut it in hollywood or the music industry, so they leaned into the conservative bag. Look at the creative output of a Ben Shapiro or a Steven Crowder and tell me they had ANY shot at the 50m Crowder was calling an insult a bit ago on their own merit.

But I don't know much about dating at all, so take this as just my opinion with a grain of salt.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

From my VERY limited knowledge of passport bros, I'd assume other men dislike them because they're going to a different country to get at a woman who either doesn't know much or has special incentive to not say no to you. That's at least how I see it. That seems like a move made by someone who has no shot in the US dating market because he's a lame. Or just doesn't realize they're getting finessed in another way. I understand if you visit a foreign country and happen to fall in love there, but this BS where they're active in it and rebelling against "modern women" seems pathetic to me.

It's kind like these right wing fucks who couldn't cut it in hollywood or the music industry, so they leaned into the conservative bag. Look at the creative output of a Ben Shapiro or a Steven Crowder and tell me they had ANY shot at the 50m Crowder was calling an insult a bit ago on their own merit.

But I don't know much about dating at all, so take this as just my opinion with a grain of salt.

It's a mixed bag. You do have some that are lames who struggle with attracting women here in the west. But you also have those who have valid reasons for why they find women here in the west. Undesirable as wives. And want to find traditional old school women that want a traditional old school man.

I will say that those on fuc boi time, or think women don't have hypergamous tendencies overseas. Need to stay their asses here in the states. Locals don't play that sh1t in many other countries. Come there selling women a dream just to smash and dash? You'll get a reputation quickly and likely get stepped to. And if you come in looking at the women with rose colored glasses. You can easily get finessed.

The passport bros that are smart and really about relocating to that country? They make it a point to learn the language. And not only talk with women. But also make friends and connections with the men.  Who will look out for them.

Edited by BB_Hoody

There's times when I miss how things were before Youtube became such a major thing that eats up so much time... back then, I'd spend free time either gaming, watching/recording tv, listening to music or surfing the net to check forums and of course to check my usual places for nice TnA "material".....or drawing or whatever else.  It seemed like plenty of time in the day for all that....and even in the beginning, youtube was some raggedy bullshit with poor quality vids usually of people uploading their pets doing something "cute" or whatever funny clip from tv.....but now it's just so much---like I had 4 or 5 tabs up until just now it's down to 3 as I get caught up on some things (still listening to Roddy McDowall's reading of that book "Communion", and the other 2 things are podcasts I check regularly).  

Oh--- I forgot if I mentioned this but a major 4k find a few days ago---> An American Werewolf in London...yes, on 4K disc.  I HAD to snag that right away, obviously.  That particular store I got it from still has a surprisingly good tv/movie section. (Best Buy)

23 hours ago, RSG3 said:

640.jpg

On 2/5/2023 at 2:34 PM, RSG3 said:

Dunno about that man.

There are clear signs that there is some sort of deterioration of how people behave, react, etc mostly due how many have relegated their social interactions to mostly online, and social media tends to polarize the povs of people even more, specially more now after covid.

Yes, one could argue that many bad behavior has become more visible all thanks to social media and the internet in general, not doubt about that, but there is a trend of glamorization of negative traits which is only amplified by social media.