Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

55 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Dunno about that man.

There are clear signs that there is some sort of deterioration of how people behave, react, etc mostly due how many have relegated their social interactions to mostly online, and social media tends to polarize the povs of people even more, specially more now after covid.

Yes, one could argue that many bad behavior has become more visible all thanks to social media and the internet in general, not doubt about that, but there is a trend of glamorization of negative traits which is only amplified by social media.

Basic human traits that have always come out when the spotlight is available and its available more then ever. Thats the only difference. People behaving as they always have.

The internet also hyper focuses and blows out proportion how things actually are. Those "clear signs" are minority human behavior against the grand scheme of human population. This is tantamount to fear mongering imo. 

Not saying you are doing that just that people are weaponizing this to make it seem worse then it is. It's the same as axti g like Twitter is some kind of consensus when it's not. 

When I go outside none of this shit thay seems so big a deal online happens, ever and for the 99% of of humanity it also never happens and never will. 

37 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!  🙂

Maybe because I watch it on mobile, but at first glance I am not sure what you do (like what's the main theme?  You are an artist a tech guy?)  Of course this is influenced because you are so multifaceted. And at a second look is more clear to me some of your main skills in art design and coding. Maybe a way to make this more clear.

But really awesome stuff overall!

Edited by LuvMyCap
4 hours ago, misterBee said:

Hey guys,

I've been working hard on overhauling my resume and portfolio lately. 

If you have some free time maybe check out my portfolio site?

https://misterbee.me/

Thanks!  🙂

This is a pretty solid body of work.

The critique here would be finding the relevant examples quickly. Maybe a title bar that has the categories  (e.g., Website design, Logos and Overlays, Packaging, Other Projects). This way someone could immediately see examples of what they are looking for instead of scrolling through the page.

I love the color palette used for the text and background as it draws your eyes to your work and its minimalist. Great usage of spacing with the title text also. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
12 hours ago, misterBee said:

Hey guys,

I've been working hard on overhauling my resume and portfolio lately. 

If you have some free time maybe check out my portfolio site?

https://misterbee.me/

Thanks!  🙂

It's slick site that shows multiple impressive things you done. That said, unless I missed it, I couldn't find what kind of work you were looking for. Granted I've been with the same company for 16 years, so I'm a little out of the loop when it comes to résumés.

1) Narcing on kids who say they're trans to certain kinds of parents is just going to get kids beaten/homeless/worse

2) Idk the law in Oklahoma, but in most places minors aren't going to get any kind of elective surgical care without a fuckton of paperwork from the parents being completed first

3) How the fuck do you remotely call the protesters in those photos "militant"?  I'm not sure any of them could outrun a hamster, or win a fist fight with the average 8 year old

Edited by Reticently
46 minutes ago, Reticently said:

1) Narcing on kids who say they're trans to certain kinds of parents is just going to get kids beaten/homeless/worse

2) Idk the law in Oklahoma, but in most places minors aren't going to get any kind of elective surgical care without a fuckton of paperwork from the parents being completed first

3) How the fuck to you remotely call the protesters in those photos "militant"?  I'm not sure any of them could outrun a hamster, or win a fist fight with the average 8 year old

There are parents in nyc that do transition their kids as young as 3 years old. Some get mad if you refer to their male child as a baby boy when the parent wants to identify him as a girl.. or non binary...

5 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

There are parents in nyc that do transition their kids as young as 3 years old.

No doctor is doing gender surgery on a 3 year old.  And they're nowhere near puberty, so puberty blocking meds aren't even going to do anything.

So are you just upset that some boys are wearing dresses?  That shit goes back to Victorian times

spacer.png

Edited by Reticently
On 2/6/2023 at 2:44 PM, Sonero said:

image.png

Whoever put that post together should be shot taking Snowden's words out of context like that. Fucking flat earth people still think the earth is flat despite having iphones and the first thing you see when you turn the thing on is a round planet earth 😑

22 hours ago, Daemos said:

No I didn't miss it, just think Edward Snowden is a sell out today. Started out well though

Why do you think that? Who has he "sold out" to? It wasn't exactly his choice to wind up in Russia and he probably has to mind his P's and Q's to not get extradited and end up in some American dungeon for the rest of his life. But maybe you know something I don't.

Edited by DoctaMario
16 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Basic human traits that have always come out when the spotlight is available and its available more then ever. Thats the only difference. People behaving as they always have.

The internet also hyper focuses and blows out proportion how things actually are. Those "clear signs" are minority human behavior against the grand scheme of human population. This is tantamount to fear mongering imo. 

Not saying you are doing that just that people are weaponizing this to make it seem worse then it is. It's the same as axti g like Twitter is some kind of consensus when it's not. 

When I go outside none of this shit thay seems so big a deal online happens, ever and for the 99% of of humanity it also never happens and never will. 

I think the problem is that if people see something enough on social media, they start thinking that it's normal even if it isn't. Social media is a very powerful social conditioning tool and I'm not sure how many people really take that into account between all the cat videos, snarky jokes, and political dick waving. Given how "figured out" it all is, especially by the corporations that run the platforms, it's too late in the day to believe social media is just innocent fun anymore.

Edited by DoctaMario
18 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I think the problem is that if people see something enough on social media, they start thinking that it's normal even if it isn't. Social media is a very powerful social conditioning tool and I'm not sure how many people really take that into account between all the cat videos, snarky jokes, and political dick waving. Given how "figured out" it all is, especially by the corporations that run the platforms, it's too late in the day to believe social media is just innocent fun anymore.

Same for TV and music and books and everything  else that disseminates messages. The social media isn't really the problem imo, it's literacy and critical thinking in general, and a lot of that is because schools don't teach people to think, they teach them to behave. 

Would help a lot more to stop people like Ron DeSantis from fucking up our schools constantly then to boogeyman the internet imo. 

Edited by RSG3
47 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

yea im against letting kids transition. i believe u should b adult to make a big decision like that. teens are still in the act of discovering themselves to be making permanent choices like that.

Co-sign.  I especially hate the way that certain States are bypassing the parental rights and letting teen kids proceed if the parents try stop that from happening.  I don't believe States have the legal authority to do so and I don't think a teen can understand the gravity of that decision.  If you are an legal adult and want to transition knock yourself out. 

I'm currently not convinced that it's a real solution and the person ends up with anything more than maimed genitals.  I won't be surprised if 20 years from now the doctors who performed this surgery are viewed as monsters.

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Same for TV and music and books and everything  else that disseminates messages. The social media isn't really the problem imo, it's literacy and critical thinking in general, and a lot of that is because schools don't teach people to think, they teach them to behave. 

Would help a lot more to stop people like Ron DeSantis from fucking up our schools constantly then to boogeyman the internet imo. 

I disagree because books, music, and tv don't have algorithms serving up certain things based on "popularity." Streaming services might serve things up based on other things you've watched or listened to, but by and large, social media sites amplify trends that we have no way of knowing are actually organic. Companies could always spend money to make something seem more popular than it actually was, but social media puts that on steroids and makes it cheaper and easier than ever to do.

I agree DeSantis is going full retard with the book thing, but all the grandstanding he's been doing is encouraged by the fact that it gets traction on social media. How many people outside of Florida would even know what he was doing if it weren't for it getting blasted all over the place online?

I do agree wholeheartedly with the literacy and critical thinking comment, but it's because schools end up having to pick up the slack for bad/inattentive parents and have been for decades now. Social media just makes the problem of critical thinking and media literacy even worse.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

No doctor is doing gender surgery on a 3 year old.  And they're nowhere near puberty, so puberty blocking meds aren't even going to do anything.

So are you just upset that some boys are wearing dresses?  That shit goes back to Victorian times

spacer.png

That leftist reasoning is dumb: "Oh, people in this era wore this so it's ok to do it". It hasn't been the victorian era for many years. Boys don't wear dresses anymore and just because there was an era in where clothes had similar designs doesn't mean it's normal in todays age for males to wear clothes designed for women all because of whatever political ideology they have.  

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

critical thinking comment, but it's because schools end up having to pick up the slack for bad/inattentive parents and have been for decades now. Social media just makes the problem of critical thinking and media literacy even worse

That's part of it but schools also not about teaching anymore, it's about getting kids to behave, sit quietly, listen to authority, and to get them to pass the test. 

They don't teach thinking in school anymore and it's because of people.like DeSantis who would probably have a good chance of getting away with his horse shit if not for social media. Like yea without it I probably wouldn't know which means it could sneak across the country and infect the entire nation. 

Teaching people to parse the net (and media in general) will have a stronger benefit long term. Before Algorithms they had their social circles to recommend them like minded content. The social circles just larger now. It's mostly the same as it's ever been, its just scale imo. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

That's part of it but schools also not about teaching anymore, it's about getting kids to behave, sit quietly, listen to authority, and to get them to pass the test. 

They don't teach thinking in school anymore and it's because of people.like DeSantis who would probably have a good chance of getting away with his horse shit if not for social media. Like yea without it I probably wouldn't know which means it could sneak across the country and infect the entire nation. 

Teaching people to parse the net (and media in general) will have a stronger benefit long term. Before Algorithms they had their social circles to recommend them like minded content. The social circles just larger now. It's mostly the same as it's ever been, its just scale imo. 

Far as I know, teaching media literacy has never been a priority in schools, so it's really the same as it ever was. But most (public schools anyway) are stuck teaching to the test because of stupid political hot air standards and teaching kids to tie their shoes because their parents don't. Much shit as I want to give the schools for certain things, a lot of where they're at is due to stuff that just happened to them through no fault of their own.

Yea, I'm not blaming the schools, and I dunno man a big chunk of all my English classes growing up was scentered around learning to digest and think critically about the media we consumed. Schools have always had the "teach an obedient factory worker" mentality no doubt, but I do think they taught media literacy, wasn't the focus but it was there. Looks like we are chasing what little of that we had right out the fucking door tho with book bans and No Child Left Behind, teachers are "grooming children" nonsense. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

FoQ8l72aAAEkyJh?format=jpg&name=large

There are bad photos of her doctored to made her look worse circulating on twitter for clicks. I've seen her half a dozen times in my life, most recently in late 2019 from about 10 feet away. She looks nothing like this. I'm not gonna judge her for her choices, but I cannot imagine what it's like to be the most photographed woman in the world. That kind of stardom can destroy you. All her peers are dead. So I am happy that she is still alive and rocking herself at 64.

*^that is a shame; I thought Madonna was SO hot back in the 80s and early 90s...I would've been her boytoy anytime anyplace without question.  It's a shame what Time and The Wall does to beautiful women.

It was bound to happen eventually... some broad stormed off the Pearly show recently... oh yeah things got juicy real fast...should've had some security folks to lay down the law...

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Edited by MillionX

For those who were crying about how Roiland's exit would ruin Rick and Morty because he's a co-creator and important contributor—he hasn't done shit for years outside of the voices. He phones it in from his house, doesn't take direction, hasn't show up to the writer's room for years, and is just a shit immature manchild. The other creations he's credited with, he doesn't do shit for either. The writers carry the show. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/justin-roiland-animation-empire-implosion-rick-and-morty-1235319366/

It's a long article, so here's some key passages:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Saikyotic