Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

HBO are in a league of their own when it comes to shows.

GoT's conclusion is the exception to the rule.

Most of the time when people are líke "the ending was terrible" I disagree because I think a lot of people wouldn't be satisfied no matter what the ending was (Dexter is a good example, I thought the ending was actually really good.)

But even I had to admit that the GoT ending was terrible. They really cock teased a lot of things in that show and ultimately let everyone down, like the ice walker king/Jon Snow fight. When Arya ninja'ed in and stole the kill, I actually said "Fuck this show" out loud in front of my wife and mother in law 😂  But yeah, that ending was absolutely terrible. I would have been ok with Daenerys killing Jon and going full Dracula on the world or even Jon killing her and continuing on. But no, we got the "we can't have nice things" ending.

They sort of put Snyder in the role but used his daughter's suicide as way to push him out of the picture. I'm not a fan of a lot of Snyder's takes but he had singular vision that least made things fit. Even the worst DC movie he did IMO, BvS, was hampered by DC's interference. I hated the theatrical cut of that film. His cut was decent, I'd even say good until the 3rd act. That's not even getting into the fact that he didn't want to do BvS. He working on MoS2. The studio demanded he make BvS in the first place.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
58 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I just find it sad/funny that WB/HBO is far behind Marvel despite owning all the film rights to their characters and having less obstacles to contend with.

Once Nolan's TDK trilogy finished, they should have a Kevin Feige  counterpart for the comic movies.

51 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I heard the higher ups at WB at the time rushed Justice League out the door for bonuses.

Seeing the state of the studio, is not really surprising they are left behind.

The executives never had a clear plan and basically tried to rush everything.

After MoS, they put Snyder into the position of shepherd of the DCEU.

The problem was that with the combination of WB merging with AT&T and wanting to catch up with marvel, they rushed a lot of projects to create the DCEU

To begin with, MoS was never supposed to be the initial stone for a DCEU, it was planned to be like The Dark Knight Trilogy, a project telling Superman stories that were selfcontained.

WB in an attempt to start their catch up game once the MCU proved to be a success, retrofitted MoS into the 1st stone for their own universe.

After that, he had a lot of projects in mind that would have helped flesh the narrative, but the executives pushed him to basically remove a lot of them so they could have their Avengers like movie as soon as possible.

Originally it would have been something like

MoS, MoS2, WW, Batman, Batman vs Superman, JL1, MoS3, JL2, and some others that I don't remember.

The order could be wrong and i am sure that I am missing some movies, but you get the geez.

The studio deleted 3 or 4 movies in favor of pushing for BvS, changing the whole narrative.

Then there was a lot of executive meddling that damaged even more the remaining movies, since there was a clash between what he had as a vision and what the studio wanted, since there was a revolving door of executives at the time, where the newcomers were not as supportive of his ideas as the previous ones.

This was also a reason why there was so much push for releasing certain movies the narrative be damn, since having X movie on their tenure netted them bonuses.

Combine this that with each new executive wanting to push their own projects, in favor over the ones greenlit by their predecessors, made an hostile environment where projects were cancelled or reworked so they could have producer credits and net them extra payments.

And like Darc mentioned, once JL was in development, the studio used the suicide of Snyder daughter as an opportunity to kick him out, so Walter Hamada and his people could take reign and push their own projects and bring people they wanted.

People give shit to Snyder because his takes of the chars were not what they wanted, but TBH, we never had the chance to see his full vision to begin with, not even on MoS, due all the fuckups that WB does behind the scenes.

Would have been a success?

Who knows, but at least, seeing his own cuts, we can say that there was something there that at least is better than what we got on the theatrical cuts.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I doubt a DC Feige could have fixed that. Feige had comparatively more cooperation from the higher ups at Marvel for the MCU's reign. Once that one guy (Perlmutter?) was out the door anyway.

People love to give most of the credit to Feige, but Perlmutter was essential into laying the ground of the 1st 3 phases.

I don't doubt that a lot was said about him has a tint of truth, but there are also a lot more that I am sure that is mischaracterization to prompt up the new management executives in charge, which is very common.

Just look how It can be boiled down to the same shit that was being discussed before, outlets calling him more polite variations of being xism, yphobe, misogynist, etc by saying he was against diversity and inclusion pushed by Feige.

Today's Debbie Downer commentary---

Imagine there's an asteroid headed for the planet right now, and it is large enough to mean complete annihilation of our species, and probably most other land-based creatures in the world.  I'd bet if scientists knew about it, this would be forbidden to inform the general public of such a thing (with some who try to expose it being "silenced" by the CIA, perhaps; they'd be like other times in history where people mysteriously went missing or "committed suicide".)....to at least maintain some kind of peace/order for as long as possible in what is set to be the final days of human civilization.  There's no telling what kind of chaos breaks out across the world if we all knew that our species only has maybe a few days left to exist, and nothing can be done to fix the situation.  They'd probably go to great lengths to make sure the general public doesn't know what's about to happen.

My ideal extinction scenario would still involve a hostile alien species that makes their presence known... at least then the grand finale would be cool and interesting, instead of *just* being some depressing shit.

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

My ideal extinction scenario would still involve a hostile alien species that makes their presence known... at least then the grand finale would be cool and interesting, instead of *just* being some depressing shit.

My ideal extinction scenario is AI because it could poetically mirror the stories of yore when the apprentice surpasses the master or the son surpasses the father. AI when it awakens will be the collective child of all of humanity past and present, all our strengths and little of our weaknesses. It will quickly exceed us within less than a decade and take control of its own destiny.

Let's hope it has some semblance of benevolence and extinguishes us gently before carrying on the mantle of sentience!

9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

My ideal extinction scenario is AI because it could poetically mirror the stories of yore when the apprentice surpasses the master or the son surpasses the father. AI when it awakens will be the collective child of all of humanity past and present, all our strengths and little of our weaknesses. It will quickly exceed us within less than a decade and take control of its own destiny.

Let's hope it has some semblance of benevolence and extinguishes us gently before carrying on the mantle of sentience!

If AI is the cause of human extinction, it'll be because everyone starved to death due to the AI taking their jerbs

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

You guys are either bald or have very short hair.

If you have long thick hair, you have be really picky about when you shower because it is a "process".

I bet I have the longest hair here and the only thought I put into washing my hair is "Am I going to bed in half an hour or less." 

The only process to it is called drying lol. 

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I bet I have the longest hair here and the only thought I put into washing my hair is "Am I going to bed in half an hour or less." 

The only process to it is called drying lol. 

Conditioning? Brushing? Drying? If your hair is close to shoulder length or more, it adds 30-45 minutes to the shower. Speaking as someone who has had long hair for most of my adult life.

Edited by Daemos
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Conditioning? Brushing? Drying? If your hair is close to shoulder length or more, it adds 30-45 minutes to the shower. Speaking as someone who has had long hair for most of my adult life.

Do people with short hair not condition? I condition my hair even when it is short.  Brushing takes 5 minutes. My hair is down to my lower back and has been for like 35 years. Having long hair adds like...10 minutes to my routine. I even Shampoo and Condition twice and have a beared to manage to lol. Literally the only consideration I take is my bed time plans lol. 

Edited by RSG3
7 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It ain't the same my friend. Long hair takes longer to condition (and a lot more and better quality conditioning).

I guess...like a minute more...and yea takes more conditioner, you have more hair to cover, like thats logical lol. 

I'm not seeing where you're getting 30 to 40 minutes more shower time out of these really short and minor activities...

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm not seeing where you're getting 30 to 40 minutes more shower time out of these really short and minor activities...

I don't know man, maybe we're built different. Everyone I know with long hair has quite the rituals for the maintenance of their manes. This only covers the at-home stuff. Most of them are gay men or ladies.

6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I don't know man, maybe we're built different. Everyone I know with long hair has quite the rituals for the maintenance of their manes. This only covers the at-home stuff. Most of them are gay men or ladies.

Hmmmm........i have a feeling It's that last bit right there, those people make their ritual complicated and overly long because they insist on pampering themselves but calling it a necessity. 

I shampoo and conditioner, brush out and let air dry and I get compliments on my mane all the fucking time. If I'm off to work I tie it back in a tail and keep it moving. 

Edited by RSG3
4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Hmmmm........i have a feeling It's that last bit right there, those people make their ritual complicated and overly long because they insist on pampering themselves but calling it a necessity. 

I shampoo and conditioner, brush out and let air dry and I get compliments on my mane all the fucking time. If I'm off to work I tie it back in a tail and keep it moving. 

RSG3 stepping out the shower like....

giphy.gif

🙃

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This makes me think about that author that recently died, she lived as a man for a book she was write. Long story short it messed her up so bad she ended up self deleting. For a woman to pose this question shows how out of touch they are with how life is for a man. 

I think women are so caught up in the narrative that men are somehow privileged (even though we work all the shitty jobs) that they can't really accept they have been fed a false reality.  Unless you are a top 0.05% income earner your life as a man is usually hard and no one gives a fuck about your struggles or feelings.  This is especially true when you look at the family courts and one of my best friends self deleted over silver bullet accusations.  I know for an absolute fact he would never have done that, I don't care what his ex says.  She couldn't even get the family doctor to back her up. 

The family courts don't require evidence or due process though, fun fact.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Same. When I had my long hair I’d get compliments on it all the time and people would ask my hair treatment regimen. I’d just reply “uh, shampoo, conditioner, quick comb through and blow dry if I have the time”