Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

30 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

About the tech layoffs and potential government shutdown... Do you guys/gals think it'll be worse than 2008/2009 recession?

It is difficult to judge, especially since most recession events aren't analyzed until way after the event occurred. The tech industry overestimated the artificial demand caused by COVID, so they are adjusting to the fact that the demand is gone. The government debt ceiling is a concern, but it always has been raised. I spent most of the weekend dwelling on this because I'm looking for a new investment. At the very least it will a good opportunity to get S&P500 at a discount.

This duded moved to Romania because either they don't sweat the small stuff or they can be bought off (depending on what video you watch of why he moved there), and now he's saying this.

This feels like "Tory Lanez reciting bible passages" levels of "I fucked up and the law is coming". He might walk away scot-free from these charges, we don't know. But I'll never understand how people follow this idiot so fervently.

7 hours ago, axeman61 said:

These are fake fans, plain and simple. "pink floyd rainbow" in google will clue you in on why they made that logo, if they were wondering in good faith. This is not a failure of the logo maker; it's a failure of dumbasses who bleed out of their ass at the sight of a rainbow.

It is, because the logo doesn't look anything like the album cover. If it were the actual album cover with that 50 logo over it, I don't think anyone would have taken it there, but it's divorced from its original context of the prism, where the rainbow iconography makes more sense.

I'm not saying the people claiming PF has "gone woke" aren't dumb (especially given that Roger Waters is a member of PF), but I would put money on most people believing that logo had something to do with an LGBTQ cause if they didn't know it was related to the band. As I've said, the context around the rainbow has changed, just like the context around the swastika changed after WW2 and the context around the phrase "all lives matter" changed after blm. And imo that's why it's a failure of the designer to take it so far away from the original album cover design, and to not consider what rainbow iconography usually means in 2023. So yeah, people are dumb, but so is the logo designer because context is everything.

Edited by DoctaMario
52 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This duded moved to Romania because either they don't sweat the small stuff or they can be bought off (depending on what video you watch of why he moved there), and now he's saying this.

This feels like "Tory Lanez reciting bible passages" levels of "I fucked up and the law is coming". He might walk away scot-free from these charges, we don't know. But I'll never understand how people follow this idiot so fervently.

I remember one of his videos about "how to get rich" and how it will solve your problems. Even if it's not that simple, but the over-emphasis on the that and materialism itself as time get worse, depletes the overvalued philosophy of having individual freedom, should the shallow 1up people decide that for you.

People wanna ignore that, but when that really takes an unfortunate interest in them, they start to care more, because it hits hard.

Andrew even implied if you don't confirm to it, then you're arrogant. So be it. I think when you have the basic freedom to walk away from the self sabotaging system of how things are now leading up something better or worse for you, bleeds arrogant pride to many people's perception of you. That's just who I am, then.

People just should have the flexibility to know what they want in life, but if money and sex will always make the world go round and nothing past that, then there's not much depth to the future itself.

Tate is just too much of a weakling for me to like. Sorry.

47 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

That isn't what this is about though. It's about this logo:

spacer.png

The fact that it was Pink Floyd posting this on their Twitter page leaves absolutely no question in my mind what it is referencing. It has all the elements of a celebratory nod to Dark Side being 50 years old.  And anybody who doesn't immediately understand what it's referencing and decides to shit on Pink Floyd for going "woke" is a fucking idiot in my opinion. If I was Pink Floyd right now, I'd be laughing my ass off at those idiots.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

It is, because the logo doesn't look anything like the album cover. If it were the actual album cover with that 50 logo over it, I don't think anyone would have taken it there, but it's divorced from its original context of the prism, where the rainbow iconography makes more sense.

Despite me chiming in, I must admit: I'M not a Pink Floyd fan. I know a tiny bit about them, but don't know many of their songs.

Still, as a normie, I saw a number (50) in an odd shape (a triangle) and assumed the Rainbow is for something other than pride. Maybe an anniversary. That's even before I saw the rest of the twitter post explaining how the "anti-wokes" were dumb.

5 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Still, as a normie, I saw a number (50) in an odd shape (a triangle) and assumed the Rainbow is for something other than pride. Maybe an anniversary. That's even before I saw the rest of the twitter post explaining how the "anti-wokes" were dumb.

No dude, the 50 with the rainbow obviously means Pink Floyd are celebrating 50 years of fgt, and the triangle means they all like to suck three dicks at the same time. 

Edited by Chadouken
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

The fact that it was Pink Floyd posting this on their Twitter page leaves absolutely no question in my mind what it is referencing. It has all the elements of a celebratory nod to Dark Side being 50 years old.  And anybody who doesn't immediately understand what it's referencing and decides to shit on Pink Floyd for going "woke" is a fucking idiot in my opinion. If I was Pink Floyd right now, I'd be laughing my ass off at those idiots.

Eh I agree with you, but at the same time, I think this speaks to how conditioned we are to see some things in certain ways these days.

But with that said, this was like 5 people that took it that way and George Takei's disingenuous ass trying to make it sound like it was a ton of people.

21 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Rob looks absolutely thrilled.

Gotta say though, this pic proves there's a fine like between a skirt and a kilt.

He probably is. He’s just a really dude in general. He’s also lowkey hilarious. In an interview he mentioned To get a stalker to leave him alone he asked her out on a date and the entire date all he did was bitch about how much he hated his life, how much fame sucks and just complained the entire four hour+ date. He never saw her again. 😂

Edited by iStu X

That number triggered me. I remember getting my mom's 2020 taxes done last year (she died in 2021 and I forgot then).

Went to H & R block. Aside from the fee, I was told she owed 200 bucks in taxes. I didn't have to pay the tax out yet though; I was told to consult the lawyer for her estate to see if the payment had to come out of there rather than me. I later went back in to do things, and there was a different agent. Just as a re-assurance, she re-did the taxes and it turns out mom actually owed a little over 2000. I guess the first guy either didn't do the federal or fucked up there. But good god I was pissed. I'm talking "minor miracle I didn't flip shit over" pissed. I'm talking "don't even eat out at a good restaurant to dull the pain" pissed. I'm talking "drive around with no music for 2 days" pissed.

I'm realizing I only fuck with H & R at this point (I used them for my taxes too) because I'm scared I'll fuck something up if I do it alone.

On some good news though, I was surprised at how much I liked that new Puss n Boots movie. Might go see it again before it leaves theaters.

Edited by axeman61
37 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Named “Chocotherapy” on the menu, the cacao rinse begins with a little towel to clean your hands, then the chocolate bath followed by water being dumped over your paws into the giant bowl and finished with a napkin to dry off. Its of a piece with the restaurant that aims for an avant garde cooking style rooted in Colombian culture as well as other Latin American cuisines. The course is an ode to chocolate, which was used as a currency in the days before European colonization. And the idea behind washing your hands with chocolate before licking it off is to “awaken the senses” at the beginning of the meal.

Rich people have all kinds of issues. This is some kind of fetish.

14 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I thought it meant 50 and gay. The triangle is a gay symbol, they use to accuse the purple telletuby of being gay and having a triangle was one of the big indicators. 

I'm also black so I don't listen to Pink Floyd or know much about them other than their song dark stairway to the moon. I'm supposed to listen to fake ass people making "no talent needed here" rap songs that have no rhymes, bad beats, made up words because we can't spell, synthetic computer sounds bullshit that anybody can do". 

You have to click into it to see the fact check where it's not true. The woman behind it had these symptoms "disappear" within two days, if you go to one of the articles in the fact check.

I've been wondering why I've been seeing "this is X after one dose of Pfizer" along with a clip of someone dancing. Now I know.

These clowns went from "I know a guy..." to the Thriller dance. I love it.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

You have to click into it to see the fact check where it's not true. The woman behind it had these symptoms "disappear" within two days, if you go to one of the articles in the fact check.

I've been wondering why I've been seeing "this is X after one dose of Pfizer" along with a clip of someone dancing. Now I know.

These clowns went from "I know a guy..." to the Thriller dance. I love it.

Tiffany Haddish is going to be in Girls Trip 2, and the woke brigade is already talking about protesting. To recap, she had a "mind of a pedophile" skit with Aries Spears - where they used a real kid - resurface last year as part of a suit against her. The suit was dismissed permanently (likely payoff), but the skit itself is still gross and is fueling this backlash. Any protest is not going to work, because they're not rehiring someone they think is poison for the movie. But I am curious to see how press happens around the time of release. Will she not do any interviews? I doubt journalists are going to shy away from that.

10 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Cowboys Fans Brawl With EACH OTHER Following Loss To 49ers

"What's wrong Bobby? We'll lasso those god-dang 49ers next time!"
"Billy. Come here really quick? There's something in your eye."
"Ow Bobby! What was that for?"

"Don't try to hit back now! Maybe you'll 'lasso' me next time!"

"That ain't the Cowboy way! Come here you darned farm rodent!"

> War ensues

(I don't know football)