Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

57 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He can easily look for a job and make some tweets about the dog shit cowardice firing practices Elon is engaging in. 

Edit: Tho to be fair he's not the only one doing this, they all do it, this is how Target let me go in January. Just deleted my log in info and thats it. Didn't call or nothing. 

I agree that it's shitty same shouldn't be acceptable, but he really should just take the hint. It's like somebody getting broken up with who continues to call the ex demanding an explanation when it's all over.

54 minutes ago, Reticently said:

He was apparently under contract, so it was particularly wonky for him as the contract couldn't really be vacated without notice.  Probably couldn't take other work without potentially being in breach on his side either.

He could potentially have a lawsuit here, no? I read some of the tweets but there were just so many if them it was hard to get a bead on the finer points of his argument.

18 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I agree that it's shitty same shouldn't be acceptable, but he really should just take the hint. It's like somebody getting broken up with who continues to call the ex demanding an explanation when it's all over.

I dunno, I think it's a good light to shine on a huge problem in this country. Everyone just does what yoy say to do, move on, find a new job, and the next guy gets fucked over. Time to start calling these companies put and the people who run them for the gross way they treat their workforce. They aren't disposable commodities, not matter how much business bro fuck heads  have convinced themselves people are. He can look for a new job while calling out his old one for their behaivor. Like how dumb of Elon to respond to him instead of having someone call the guy and tell him he's fired. Elons supposed to be some kinda genius after all. 

I don't see the problem with exposing them and their garbage practices as a bad thing, especially when they volunteer to do so over Twitter. Elons is more then capable os saying "Hey let me call you, sorry you had to tweet at me" or some fucking shit. Employees have kept silent about their bad treatment for like 4 decades and the employee/employer relationship is probably the worst it's been in those 4 decades. 

Remaining silent isn't working. Why keep doing it?

Edited by RSG3
27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

He could potentially have a lawsuit here, no? I read some of the tweets but there were just so many if them it was hard to get a bead on the finer points of his argument.

Its one thing to take the hint but its a bit difficult when the hint could be ambiguous.  200 people suddenly losing access to their work comps could have been a glitch in the system or something so probably not good to assume that just in case.  He was trying to get an answer from someone and eventually finally got a semi response from Elon but Elon still didn't tell him whether he was fired or not.  It took him having to say he was going to put him on blast before someone got in contact with him.  That's pretty shit that gotta wait to be told you're let go from a job especially if the job you do could be in conflict with another that you want to pursue.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Its one thing to take the hint but its a bit difficult when the hint could be ambiguous.  200 people suddenly losing access to their work comps could have been a glitch in the system or something so probably not good to assume that just in case.  He was trying to get an answer from someone and eventually finally got a semi response from Elon but Elon still didn't tell him whether he was fired or not.  It took him having to say he was going to put him on blast before someone got in contact with him.  That's pretty shit that gotta wait to be told you're let go from a job especially if the job you do could be in conflict with another that you want to pursue.

Not to mention this is people's lives and livelihoods, what he's supposed to twiddle his thumbs and wonder if he has work or should look for work? In this economy where one missed check can be the beginning of a hole you can't climb out of? 

Playing games with people's lives and then acting like the guy being fucked with is in the wrong for hunting down the truth. I don't get it honestly. 

37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I dunno, I think it's a good light to shine on a huge problem in this country. Elons supposed to be some kinda genius after all. 

Remaining silent isn't working. Why keep doing it?

Elon Musk being a genius didn't mean he's not also a boss. This is the kind of issue Congress could tackle, but as we've seen with the breaking that railroad strike, the politicians have decided to side with the bosses. I agree they should be required to give notice when they're letting someone go, but as long as there's no enforcement against it, they'll keep doing it because they have no incentive not to.

12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't see it as ambiguous. If it were a glitch, chances are there's be some kind of "we're aware of it and are working on it" communique from the higher ups. But if there's no communication and it persists for more than a day or so, it's more than likely a cowardly way of telling you you're fired.

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Jesus. AGAIN, it mystifies me that this cornball got rooked into a corner to buy Twitter, promising all these changes, and the best thing one can say about Twitter now is that it's still functioning. Yeah, he has his dick-suckers, but if he doesn't sell Twitter it could start fucking up his other businesses.

That shit is probably staged. That fat guy probably got paid by musk to post this shit so they can make a scene. what a fake ass media campaign to get viral. 

Stick shift cars > Tesla's. Respect car companies that make vehicles that take time and practice not this 7 year old car. Besides, most of you have to remember that "she" can't fit in there anyway.

N

47 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

as long as there's no enforcement against it, they'll keep doing it because they have no incentive not to.

Which is why we have to call them out publicly when they do this because no one else is going to. Congress sided with the bosses just like you said so we have to do this, however we possibly can, without them. 

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

There's even been a few cases of women hooking up with an underage boy and then hitting him up for child support.  The simping in the legal profession is next level.

Yeah I posted a comment on the tweet I saw about this. I basically said. "He's been victimized twice and in 5 years he'll get victimized again." She victimized him, the legal system victimized him by not punishing her, and in 5 years they'll force him to pay child support to his rapist. 🤬

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Sure, I just mean that US laws and employment climate aren't applicable to this guy's specific circumstances.  There's plenty of good discussion to mine there, but it won't be about this particular guy.

Seems regardless of what laws are where, the optics on his behaivor is costing him anyway. 

Tesla Stock down billions as confidence in Elons behaivor drops like a rock. 

28 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Seems regardless of what laws are where, the optics on his behaivor is costing him anyway. 

I didn't even know the employee was disabled so that's definitely a yikes there.

Edit

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Stockholders are the most pussy-ass people alive though. If it came out that Musk lets his farts go rather than holding them in, it would have some effect on stock prices because SOMEBODY would have a problem with it. The stock market is not a valid way to gauge anything, even the true value of a company.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I didn't even know the employee was disabled so that's definitely a yikes there.

Edit

Dude said he can only type for an hour or two before he has to stop. I don't know what exactly his job is, but I can't imagine that makes him terribly productive at a company where the product itself (besides the people using it anyway) is typed posts, and where the employees communicate a great deal through email, Slack, etc. This guy is wealthy by his own admission, so he probably doesn't need the money unless he's living beyond his means.

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Reba is a waaayyyy better singer than Madge

Probably from a technical standpoint, but is singing just about belting out big notes? Because Christina Aguilera can make my ears bleed. There's more to it than that.

Anyway I digress, Jennifer Lopez is on the list which on its own makes the whole list sus. If you're gonna put Jennifer there, then so many other female performers suddenly become valid because it ain't strictly about the voice anymore (yes Madonna in her prime and when she isn't dancing around is a much better singer than Jennifer).

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Stockholders are the most pussy-ass people alive though. If it came out that Musk lets his farts go rather than holding them in, it would have some effect on stock prices because SOMEBODY would have a problem with it. The stock market is not a valid way to gauge anything, even the true value of a company.

I never said it was. I said he was facing consiquences regardless of law. Wether it's good or bad or justified ir reflects his companies value isn't really relevant to my general point which is its costing him regardless. 

Yoy know I think the Stock Market is stupid and put little stock (har) in it. 

6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Probably from a technical standpoint, but is singing just about belting out big notes? Because Christina Aguilera can make my ears bleed. There's more to it than that.

Anyway I digress, Jennifer Lopez is on the list which on its own makes the whole list sus. If you're gonna put Jennifer there, then so many other female performers suddenly become valid because it ain't strictly about the voice anymore (yes Madonna in her prime and when she isn't dancing around is a much better singer than Jennifer).

They don't make the list tho. They do polls and take the highest rated responses. Blame the poll takers, they fucked up. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

They don't make the list tho. They do polls and take the highest rated responses. Blame the poll takers, they fucked up. 

Well that makes more sense now. This is why I've always been suspicious of democracy personally. You can't trust the plebs to make the hard choices. What the world really needs is a strong man with taste!

Raul-Julia-M-Bison-Street-Fighter.jpg

44 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I'm pretty sure this list was about singers from a technical standpoint, which is why I actually laughed out loud that JENNIFER FUCKING LOPEZ is number two 😂  imo Christina had the makings of a great singer, she's just tasteless  and sings like a metal dude guitarist playing his fastest licks on the sensitive acoustic love song.

52 minutes ago, J-ride said:

It really doesn't matter if he's productive or not, it's pretty hard to fire someone with a documented disability.

I'm sure this is a special case since this guy has progressive muscular dystrophy. But if it's shown that he can't perform the tasks he's being paid for, what's the recourse? How would something like this get handled when the disability progresses to the point that the employee can no longer work in the capacity they were hired for? 

27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm sure this is a special case since this guy has progressive muscular dystrophy. But if it's shown that he can't perform the tasks he's being paid for, what's the recourse? How would something like this get handled when the disability progresses to the point that the employee can no longer work in the capacity they were hired for? 

I imagine you pay him his buy out as per the contract that was signed when the company was bought. 

Or you pull a Corporate Japan move and Yu Suzuki the guy? I dunno. 

Edited by RSG3
On 3/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, J-ride said:

Not gonna lie dude this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.  There's a good chance you are dealing with a girl who has borderline personality disorder.

Well, it turns out that she was the one who cut me off when I was not religious at all and anti social. She said without faith, I have nothing. What can you expect from traditional southern people? At least I have my poly private club that I was accepted in last year, from 9pm to 4am. A conveniently and cherishable way to sleep around....