Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Thats wild when the cartel hold themselves accountable and has more integrity than our police. Then turning over the guys in their organization who kidnapped those 4 Americans was NOT on my bingo card

Cartel was like "Nah, WE aint kidnap ship, that was those niggas over there" 🤣

What can (or will) we even do to the cartel that they'd feel the need to apologize for that? Not like we're going to wage war over 2 people.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

What can (or will) we even do to the cartel that they'd feel the need to apologize for that? Not like we're going to wage war over 2 people.

Not wage war, but we could probably bully the Mexican government into letting us "help" them with law enforcement.

Or just declare the cartels "terrorists", and start sending smart missiles and strike teams across the border without declaring war like we do everywhere else in the world.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Supposedly the FBI was going to team up with the Mexican Government for the investigation. So, to me, it seems like they were worried about them finding out other things during the investigation. This makes it an open and shut case. So they can go about their business as usual. 

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Thats wild when the cartel hold themselves accountable and has more integrity than our police. Then turning over the guys in their organization who kidnapped those 4 Americans was NOT on my bingo card

Cartel was like "Nah, WE aint kidnap ship, that was those niggas over there" 🤣

They probably have agreements with the CIA not to do that stuff to Americans in exchange for getting free reign to do whatever the fuck they want.  

https://nypost.com/2023/03/09/teacher-of-the-year-jacqueline-ma-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-abuse-of-former-student/

Another one.... the usual suspect for this crime, of course.  Many years ago, "catholic priest" was always the first "likely suspect" when I heard of any story on the news about child molestation... but now I always just think "a female teacher, right?  Let's see how she looks...".  They've become the mascot of that particular crime.  

44 minutes ago, MillionX said:

https://nypost.com/2023/03/09/teacher-of-the-year-jacqueline-ma-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-abuse-of-former-student/

Another one.... the usual suspect for this crime, of course.  Many years ago, "catholic priest" was always the first "likely suspect" when I heard of any story on the news about child molestation... but now I always just think "a female teacher, right?  Let's see how she looks...".  They've become the mascot of that particular crime.  

I mean the Souther Baptis Church just got busted on that shit again. They haven't surrendered the title yet. 

Edited by RSG3
49 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Naw, I hope McConnel dies. Fuck that shriveled prune piece of shit. 

@BB_Hoody

And this among other reasons. Is why I say to hell with a 401k. And took matters into my own hands and started trading/investing myself. There's definitely a learning curve. I took some Ls. But it's worth it now. I'm at a point where I'm actually making money. 

I'm gonna go hard once I have that 25k saved up in my account.

2 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

I'll definitely look into that. 

For 401k it comes down to whether your employer's plan has it as an option, but even if they don't it's pretty easy to find an IRA that will let you do it (and you can always roll over your 401k to that IRA when you change employers).

I have IRA brokerage accounts with TIAA and Fidelity, if you need places to start looking.

Edited by Reticently

So....today was a "very special episode" of Friday Night Tights....  

Gavin McInness' crazy ass was the guest.  This was gold for so many probably unintended reasons.  His time on the show just ended a little while ago when he stood up and took his dick out and started pissing, saying something like "ahh I waited too long!" then walked off.  This was after he ripped a loud fart right on the mic, of course.  Live-chat was pretty much split with a lot of people hating the dude from the start and some loving what a hilarious train-wreck this whole episode was turning out to be.  Of course I'm in the that camp that's just laughing hysterically at the chaos unfolding live on stream.  They're still live right now (surprisingly) but he's not there anymore, obviously.

*I just rolled the stream back to check the fart again and that was a pretty impressive blast.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

...and that just reminded me of when Howard Stern had that "Wheel of Gas" segment; it was one of the greatest things he ever did in the pre-satellite radio days at least; I still have the audio recorded....a girl was on the show to get farted on for 17 straight minutes for a prize.  I just pulled up the audio; I still have it on my phone now as an mp3----it was Sarah; KC and Artie and the rest of the crew laughing in the background was gold. 🤣

Edited by MillionX

Coworker had a fuel spill today, same exact Coworker who trashed my name to management weeks ago.

Could've buried him with some extra info but I chose not to and supported him. The incident still went as a mark on his record by the coast guard but had I felt devious, he may have also gotten fired if I kept that grudge and divulged extra details that I chose not to

My character should not ever be in question again on the job after yesterday, cuz I had every right to exact vengeance but Im just not trynna see a family man lose his job

eh, a bit frustrating when I find a great/fun thread that I'm just too late for, over there on reddit... I noticed an "unpopular opinions" thread about World of Darkness on the White Wolf RPG forum.  My hot takes may have been a bit too strange or possibly "triggering" for certain fans though, probably.  ...like for one that's admittedly from a bias... I just don't like how OP the wolves apparently are compared to vamps.  I'm so used to what we've seen in various other shows, movies and games where they tend to be somewhat even or where the vamps have an advantage in terms of powers.  Also it still seems odd to me that someone who would need "trigger warnings" would even bother to play a WoD game in the first place, considering what the overall horror/monsters atmosphere and theme of this IP is.... like if the desire is for something that's more "rated PG13", maybe D&D or another presumably "lighter" fantasy ttrpg might be the person's cup of tea?  I like the idea that ttrpgs can possibly go in some wild directions that you would never see in a mainstream videogame.  I prefer it when any piece of entertainment doesn't appear to have restraints on what might happen....at least for me, that is far more thrilling and interesting, and potentially hilarious.

ALERT--- I forgot to mention this yesterday---it's finally out; I saw the Dragonball Super: Super Hero movie on blu-ray at Walmart yesterday so I snatched that up immediately.  

Edited by MillionX

It kinda sucks in my area at least that "fun items"  are being stocked less in physical stores. 

The amount of impulse purchases and browsing has declined dramatically. 

My nearest Best Buy and GameStop closed 2 years ago. This is pushing me more towards Amazon for games and movies 

Walmart has a lot of DVD versions of films but fewer Blu-ray. Unless it's a new blockbuster film coming out that week, you're SOL. Many anime releases are basically online exclusive outside of a few Ghibli films.

Even though I have significantly slowed down in Transformers, Walmart barely gets any new stuff 

Target is better but you still have to search 3-4 places which eats up time. This pushes me to Amazon.

Outside of groceries and clothes, I don't feel like going to various stores much. 

Do you all feel the same?

8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Outside of groceries and clothes, I don't feel like going to various stores much. 

Yes, I used to browse book stores and Best Buy roughly once a month. These days, I am more interested in shuffling around my amazon wish list and checking out related search products. A lot of stores have cut back on their impulse buy sections, my local Best Buy has Blu Rays in a dark corner on the back wall. Meanwhile, there is an aisle on vinyls next to the TVs. The goofy part is that vinyls are currently outselling CDs.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/03/sales-of-vinyl-albums-overtake-cds-for-the-first-time-since-the-late-80s/

I give Pittsburgh a lot of well deserved shit, but for a small city it does have a metric fuckton of small independent specialty shops that kick ass.

Super easy for me hit up a nationally recognized independent record store, a used bookstore specializing in vintage sci-fi, a bunch of really baller bakeries, and then have my pick of what region of China I want my lunch to come from all in one afternoon trip out of the house.

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

It kinda sucks in my area at least that "fun items"  are being stocked less in physical stores. 

The amount of impulse purchases and browsing has declined dramatically. 

My nearest Best Buy and GameStop closed 2 years ago. This is pushing me more towards Amazon for games and movies 

Walmart has a lot of DVD versions of films but fewer Blu-ray. Unless it's a new blockbuster film coming out that week, you're SOL. Many anime releases are basically online exclusive outside of a few Ghibli films.

Even though I have significantly slowed down in Transformers, Walmart barely gets any new stuff 

Target is better but you still have to search 3-4 places which eats up time. This pushes me to Amazon.

Big box stores in general just can't compete with how convenient and cheap online shopping is. I used to spend HOURS going through all the racks in used record shops or game stores, but now the idea of doing that sounds crappy. I guess if I didn't have a Spotify account I still would do that, but Spotify, for as great as it is, it took some of the enjoyment of searching for gems now that I can listen to everything I want to on demand. 

I still like going to certain stores, but I don't all too often because usually when I do, they don't have what I want anyway.

20 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

WTF friday: hating on rich white people for helping edition:

Personally i draw skepticism when some internet personality records themselves doing charity. It looks very insincere and its as if they are doing this for their own personal fame rather than to help. These internet bitches love to go to Afica or SEA to show how they are such "good" people yet they don't bother to go to the offices in their state using their influence or money to create or contribute to projects to help homeless people in their own hometown, yet we are supposed give them compliments for their "humanitarianism". Fuck that. These mother fuckers flew first class over there, stayed in some nice ass resort, and spent probably just an hour giving these kids food and then took off the moment they were done filming and just ended the day sipping on some margaritas at the beach.  

I think even Jesus, Buddha, and some other figures have said that it is shitty to show off to the world that you've done charity. It's more for personal notoriety than aything else.

Edited by zatalcon3
15 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Those pics are altered to hell. Here's a clip of him on the red carpet from that same night. 

Appreciate this. Fuck any and all who played a part in lightening his appearance in that photo. That legit pissed me off. Reminds me that when some black women complain about colorism,  light skin sistas being preferred in society? It's a valid complaint. 

3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

So trans women are allowed to compete against cis women in power lifting, a purely strength sport, in Minnesota.

I have a feeling they're going to look back on this period of history someday the same way we look back on people who believed that a camera would go full Shang Tsung on your soul when you got your picture taken.

Most of the trans people that I've known are more worried about keeping their jobs, finding landlords who won't put them out on the street, and not getting attacked by weirdos who get triggered questioning their own sexuality.  The deep media concern over who competes in which bracket of niche sports notwithstanding.

Whatever women's powerlifter assigned male at birth probably isn't the competitor there with the most testosterone in their system anyway.