Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

13 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

It kinda sucks in my area at least that "fun items"  are being stocked less in physical stores. 

The amount of impulse purchases and browsing has declined dramatically. 

My nearest Best Buy and GameStop closed 2 years ago. This is pushing me more towards Amazon for games and movies 

Walmart has a lot of DVD versions of films but fewer Blu-ray. Unless it's a new blockbuster film coming out that week, you're SOL. Many anime releases are basically online exclusive outside of a few Ghibli films.

Even though I have significantly slowed down in Transformers, Walmart barely gets any new stuff 

Target is better but you still have to search 3-4 places which eats up time. This pushes me to Amazon.

Outside of groceries and clothes, I don't feel like going to various stores much. 

Do you all feel the same?

I still like going and browsing places like Best Buy... at least one of them here still has a good tv/movie section....but this is precisely why I'm buying as many physical media releases as I can while it's still possible....because I'm sure there's not much time left before that becomes impossible.  The closer Best Buy already eliminated their tv/movie section completely....so I don't bother going there anymore.  Another close Target shrank their tv/movie section down to 1 piece of an aisle, so basically....they have nothing but 'new release' stuff.  It's a real shame what's happening regarding all that.....because most people don't see the value in it anymore, which is goddamn foolish....and to be frank it's irritating in how fucking goddamn dunce-cap stupid the shit is, imo....that so many people are just fine with never owning a copy of something they supposedly love..... an all-streaming future where these companies can take your favorite movie, show, or game away from you at any time for any reason.....OR make changes "in light of modern sensibilities" in a few years (aka the world has become too pussy for this scene that was perfectly fine 10 years ago), and it's all basically a rental....the shit disgusts me.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Whatever women's powerlifter assigned male at birth probably isn't the competitor there with the most testosterone in their system anyway.

They shouldn't though. They should allow any level of testosterone anyway since that doesn't mean anything  to most leftists. 

I remember the winner of Miss Spain 2016 (i think it was that year) was a transgender guy (which they all knew). Supposedly, all these women who worked and dreamed their whole lives just lost to some random dude who got all the medical help and political shit and still beat them. Us dudes are so superior that we would even beat women in contests orignially made for them such as beauty pageants.  Seems that you can't support transgenderism and women's rights at the same time, two things leftists hold so much value on. 

Edited by zatalcon3
58 minutes ago, MillionX said:

OR make changes "in light of modern sensibilities" in a few years (aka the world has become too pussy for this scene that was perfectly fine 10 years ago), and it's all basically a rental.

Man it's not even in light of modern sensibilities, how many games you own thay after a year of patching are a very different game from the one you bought and where advertisezed? Like Guilty Gear Strives a really different game now then it was when it released. Diablo 3 is practically Diablo 4 which how much it's changed. 

Like nothings ever static anymore. A game isn't really the "Classic game you fell in love with" anymore until like....2 years in sometimes. In some ways this is good and some ways this really sucks. Imo anyway. 

Oh yeah in gaming the updates are often for the better.  Launch-era Diablo 3 was definitely pretty awful in comparison to the present-day version.  

...ha, brings back memories.... killing some monsters and only getting about 3 to 5 gold dropping....everyone being poor in terms of the gold....legendary items actually being super rare.... "set items", paragon levels, Adventure Mode, Crusader and Necromancer, etc. did not exist in the game yet.  Funny how things turned around--- a friend I played this with at the time was way more into it than I was back then (the guy was watching character build videos constantly back then)....soon that reversed and my characters were like Goku status compared to the gimped weaklings he was putting together. (*like he never actually retained the info he was looking up with the character build guides)

oh and that reminds me----Dragonball Super Super Hero was actually a bit disappointing... overall, I enjoyed the DB Super Broly movie more.

Edited by MillionX

ha, crazy--- I went to sleep some hours ago while one of my regular podcasts (Flashcast) was on, woke up just now and yep... these people are STILL live on the same episode right now...so the episode is at about 7 hours, 10 minutes and going ...insane🤣  Yep the host is drunk at this point.

The Shit Update - I dropped quite the impressive pile in the bowl late last night; it was coiled up like a snake, reminding me of that enemy "Coily" from Q*bert, back in the ancient arcade times.

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Let it play out.  Anyone with a brain knows how it's going to go but we're going to need more examples until people get it.

Allowing it will only get the ball rolling to erode more spaces for women ins sports.

We already have all the evidence with all the world records, but this denial of biological facts to accommodate feelings is getting more and more out of hand.

Letting play it out is not the answer.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Allowing it will only get the ball rolling to erode more spaces for women ins sports.

We already have all the evidence with all the world records, but this denial of biological facts to accommodate feelings is getting more and more out of hand.

Letting play it out is not the answer.

I think to @Sonichumanpoint, it'll likely become a minefield of stupid and then it'll roll itself back. 

I agree with you though that with all the world records, we know better. There is also a HUGE amount of data explaining the sexual dimorphism in homo-sapiens. Can't be all for science in one aspect and have cognitive dissonance in another. 

ICYMI: Beetlejuice 2 in the works with Michael Keaton returning and Wednesday actress Jenna Ortega set to play Lydia's daughter.

wednesday-1660758473424.jpeg?width=1280&

Wednesday star Jenna Ortega is reportedly in negotiations for a role in Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice 2, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The publication’s sources claim Ortega is being sought to star as the daughter of Winona Ryder’s Lydia from the 1988 original. It’s also claimed that production on the long-gestating sequel is planned to begin in May or June this year, with Tim Burton expected to helm and Michael Keaton set to return.

Warner Bros. and Ortega’s representatives have not commented on the report.

https://www.ign.com/articles/beetlejuice-2-in-the-works-with-michael-keaton-returning-and-jenna-ortega-as-lydias-daughter

EEaaO cleaned house . . . and earned it. Seven out of 11 nominations (including Best Supporting Actor and Actress, Best Actress in a Lead Role and Best Picture). 

5 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Maaaan I've never felt more excited for an Academy Award in recent years more than Brendan Fraser. The redemption arc is now complete

Man, his speech got a tear rolling (and I haven't even seen the movie). 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

EEaaO cleaned house . . . and earned it. Seven out of 11 nominations (including Best Supporting Actor and Actress, Best Actress in a Lead Role and Best Picture). 

Man, his speech got a tear rolling (and I haven't even seen the movie). 

I love that EEaaO got damn near everything, but Stephanie Hsu should have won over Jamie Lee Curtis. Maybe Jamie did a lot more than I remember and I need to rewatch the movie. But right now I don't know HOW she could have possibly won over Stephanie if Angela Bassett wasn't going to win for Wakanda Forever.

22 minutes ago, Reiraku said:

So, funny thing is he didn't really say it like that, since they all considered themselves British at the time. He would have said more like "The Regulars are coming!" Or something to that effect.

I've been researching this lately. My family came to Canada fleeing the US during the Revolutionary War and they would have been most likely called "United Empire Loyalists", which does not explicitly mean British. (My 6th Great Grandfather was a Redcoat and came from Neustadt, Germany.) The term comes from a British Lord Dorchester who used it to describe those who fough for Britain. "UEL" is even a hereditary title that anyone with a direct ancestry can claim to this day.

Edited by elliephil

Condolences to you and your family @Hecatom  

9 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Stephanie Hsu should have won over Jamie Lee Curtis. Maybe Jamie did a lot more than I remember and I need to rewatch the movie. But right now I don't know HOW she could have possibly won over Stephanie if Angela Bassett wasn't going to win for Wakanda Forever

She wasn't nominated. Honestly I feel that they lobbied Curtis moreso than Hsu likely on age and time in the game. This is her first Oscar. Granted, I agree that Hsu was a faaaaaaar more impactful role and did a hell of a job in the movie. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124