Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Well, it turns out that she was the one who cut me off when I was not religious at all and anti social. She said without faith, I have nothing. What can you expect from traditional southern people? At least I have my poly private club that I was accepted in last year, from 9pm to 4am. A conveniently and cherishable way to sleep around....

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I had no idea where these survey answers were going

J-Lo is a glorified dancer. That was pushed into stardom because she's hot with an amazing ass. Now as a fellow Bronx native I'm happy she was able to get such a big break. But she cant be mentioned in the same league as those women listed. She ain't no damn singer. She's a singer* Same way Dre is a rapper* 

Edited by BB_Hoody

Lets check out the regular lounge see how everybody is

On 2/27/2023 at 7:39 AM, Reticently said:

Lol, not that I grew up around him, but my dad is a 70yo "retiree" living off of social security, with a cocaine habit, a recent plea bargain for street level dealing, a pending lawsuit against him for t-boning another car at an intersection, and a 4th wife who is also being sued for letting a neighborhood kid borrow an ATV unsupervised who then drove it off a cliff and ended up paralyzed from the neck down.

Oh, and he has prostate cancer too.  (My dad does, not the poor kid!)

So...I got a dog...

8 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

J-Lo is a glorified dancer. That was pushed into stardom because she's hot with an amazing ass.

J.Lo is an amazing performer. You can feel any why way about her but it isn't like glorified dancing is what got Beyonce to where she is.One big difference they have as entertainers is that  J.Lo has done some legitimately good movies and Beyonce spends money on massive stages shows.

Hurr Durr glorified dancer. Beyonce is an overrated singer that gets fucking memed as Queen Bey to be put over the actual great female black vocalists the US has produced. How anybody has the audacity that Beyonce is a better singer than Ella Fitzgerald is fucking maddening...but apparently we gotta shit on J.Lo though.

26 minutes ago, Sonero said:

J.Lo is an amazing performer. You can feel any why way about her but it isn't like glorified dancing is what got Beyonce to where she is.One big difference they have as entertainers is that  J.Lo has done some legitimately good movies and Beyonce spends money on massive stages shows.

Hurr Durr glorified dancer. Beyonce is an overrated singer that gets fucking memed as Queen Bey to be put over the actual great female black vocalists the US has produced. How anybody has the audacity that Beyonce is a better singer than Ella Fitzgerald is fucking maddening...but apparently we gotta shit on J.Lo though.

I don't think anybody's done that though. I'm sure most of the people that got asked for that poll have no idea who Ella is, which is criminal, but to be expected to a degree.

The question was, "What female vocalists are known for bringing down the house when they sing?" and JLo does not belong on that list. She's a great dancer and I thought her acting was pretty excellent in that El Cantante movie she was in, but she's a passable singer at best. I agree with you that Beyonce is overrated as a singer, but even she deserves to be there more than JLo does. If JLo can sing like that, I've never heard it.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I wasn't replying to family feud, I was replying to BB Hood. Saying J.Lo is a glorified dancer...that's a lot of pop acts that skirted away with a lot of dancing and being over produced.

Last thing we really wanna do is listen to a lot of 90s R&B because some of that shit aged about as well as a sack of potatoes.

The family feud poll is what his post was in relation to though. Even if JLo has other talents, and she does, she doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as any of those other singers, as a singer.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

J.Lo can't sing fam. She can act, she's a helluva dancer, but she's taken credit for lesser known singers vocals. I'm at work or I'd track down the info and post it here. Heck I think there was Youtube video that with over the situation with audio to back up what they were saying. Is Beyonce the greatest singer or legendary? No. I'd argue that she wasn't the best singer in either version of Destiny's Child. But, to my knowledge, she's never straight up taken credit for someone else's vocals. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

J.Lo can't sing fam

She's a passable singer. Its not like the stuff she put in the mainstream required actual great voices.  But the overwhelming majority of pop music isn't exactly making many people work. Hell even the shit that gets put on the radio is autotuned to hell.

A lot of isn't challenging material and its still overproduced to the point where, if we're being honest, all the singers are taking vocal credits away from hard working computers.

Just now, Sonero said:

She's a passable singer. Its not like the stuff she put in the mainstream required actual great voices.  But the overwhelming majority of pop music isn't exactly making many people work. Hell even the shit that gets put on the radio is autotuned to hell.

A lot of isn't challenging material and its still overproduced to the point where, if we're being honest, all the singers are taking vocal credits away from hard working computers.

She can't sing. Every hit song she has, she's either straight up taken credit for someone's vocals. Nastasha Ramos sang "Jenny From The Block" or had someone that could sing lay a demo track that she'd sing over and the studio mixed audio. She's the female version of Milli Vanilli.

7 minutes ago, Lantis said:

JLo has good movies? Kinda missed me with that. All I see from her is shitty romcom movies (usually involving marriages/weddings, which is very meta LOL)

Only somewhat decent movie I saw from her was first one (Selena)

I haven't seen any of the Romcom's, I try to avoid those if possible. Money Train, Enough, and the Cell are the J.Lo movies I recall seeing. She was fine in those IMO. The Cell was weird as hell though. I can't imagine what would happen if someone got high and watched it. 🤣

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

This whole thing with Fox News' bill coming due has been interesting because of all the tea getting spilled under oath.  Its so crazy that they're under this billion dollar lawsuit and Tucker still went on to try to edit the footage he got from Mcarthy to try to look like they were having a picnic that day.

You know he was way out of pocket on that one. Republicans were calling bullshit on it. In some cases literally saying "bullshit" when they were asked about it. I've never been a fan of Tucker Carlson but it the last decade the dude has gone completely off the rails. 

Ohhh that's another one I haven't thought of in a while that I should look for on 4k if it exists on that format--The Cell.  The visuals in that movie were INSANE....like someone with quite the imagination made a movie out of some especially memorable nightmares they had.  

Skinfo Tidbit---the movie also features a former Power Ranger girl naked, btw... Catherine Sutherland, who was the 2nd Pink Ranger, following Amy Jo.  It's only for a short time though and her character is dead but yeah...you get to see the tits.

Amy Jo is also topless in a movie called The Pursuit of Happiness, not to be confused with that other "Pursuit of Happyness" that had Will Smith.  Unfortunately the scene isn't that great; she's topless but it's shot at a distance.

29 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The "incidents like this warrant more police"  statement sounds more like a good soundbite than a solution. 

The fact that they had to ride an elevator to get to this restaurant that was on the third floor feels targeted AF.  Police presence may have detered the lil shit bags from doing this but would then you'd have to hope the cops at the scene aren't there to just shoot people and call it a day.

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Like others have said. In regards to pure singing ability which is the main point? She's not only not on their level. She flat out doesn't rank. And while Beyonce isn't an elite singer. She can still actually sing. Where as J-lo as @Darc_Requiemperfectly described her. Is female Milli Vanilli. But she got a pass because she was drop dead gorgeous in her prime and can dance her perfectly plump shapely ass off.

Great performer. Meh singer at best. that could never put on a show with just her vocals.

Edited by BB_Hoody

Hard hitting news from the NY Post.

If you are using the word woke against a person not wanting kids to watch a R rated movie about a bear going on a cocaine-fueled rampage, then I think you need to reevaluate your life. Then again, if you are looking at Cocaine Bear thinking it’s supposed to be a family friendly movie and that it encourages drug use then you also need reevaluation.

Edited by BornWinner
5 minutes ago, Lantis said:

A couple of weeks ago when I went to the movies with my wife to see Quantumania, we saw a couple buy tickets for Cocaine Bear....along with their 3 kids (none of them older than 6.

Did they even know what kind of movie it was? SMH

Reminds me of when walk into a EB or Gamestop back in the day and see a parent a game like GTA for elementary school kid. Heck once I saw a mom bitching at the EB employee about San Andreas. Dude pointed to rating label, she looked dumb ass fuck, but of course didn't take any responsibility.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm home now. Actually I really feel for Natasha Ramos now. I thought Jennifer just jacked "Jenny From The Block", but the "This Is Me Then" album was essentially a Natasha Ramos album. I didn't realize she jacked Ashanti's vocals as well. 

I have been thinking.

Are any of you aware of having actual mutations that can be considered family lineage characteristics by now, for how prevalent they are on your family?

For example, on my mother's side of the family, everyone, including me and my siblings have this peculiarity where we can bend our knees backwards.

Is something that my cousins from the side of my father's side can't do, and actually find creepy since it looks like we are going to break our knees, or look like we injured ourselves, lol.

Which btw, being able to do this has saved me in more than one occasion of actually getting injured in a serious way.

I'm not sure what happened to that "ask a feminist" subreddit; I like going there sometimes just to have a good laugh at a few things.  Reddit is an absolute goldmine of material, tbh... I enjoy the bizarre stories and of course the usual controversial topics of interest to me, like men vs. women, certain race/stereotype-related topics, religion... basically a lot of the juicy shit that most people tend to be uncomfortable with for 1 reason or another.

*That vid about the teens that ransacked the restaurant---  I figure that like a lot of "thuggish kids" scenarios, they engage in that behavior because they actually know there's little to no real consequences even if they were to get caught, because of how generally pathetic and weak the American justice system is... especially when the perpetrators in question are minors.... at worst they'd probably have to go to some juvenile detention facility for a while.  This just reminded me of those 2 hoodrat pieces of shit that stole a car in Washington D.C., which resulted in a man's death... I'll bet nothing really happened to them; they had the bonus of being minors at the time and being female so nah... no worries for them, I guess....it's all fine and dandy and they can do whatever they want in life.  That's one of the things that genuinely disgusts me about this world---when there's certain categories of people that can get away with whatever they want, no matter how awful it is... it's almost always fine----but if you as someone who is not part of that "special group" gets caught doing the same shit... they'll go out of their way to make an example out of ya.

6 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

singers dont need to be good to sing. just look at bob dylan.

Dylan is actually the most influential singer of the 20th century, and no I am not kidding.

Before Dylan, the radio was made up exclusively of people like Sinatra, The Beatles, Sam Cooke, etc, i.e. people who could SING. Then along comes Dylan with that voice or his but songs that were so good, people were willing to overlook the voice. Granted, he doesn't sound bad on everything, he's hit or miss, tho some of his earlier stuff actually doesn't sound too bad. But after that, having people on the radio who weren't necessarily the best singers was ok. And if it weren't for Dylan, we wouldn't have people like Tom Petty, Springsteen, Mellencamp,and a whole lot of other great artists. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm home now. Actually I really feel for Natasha Ramos now. I thought Jennifer just jacked "Jenny From The Block", but the "This Is Me Then" album was essentially a Natasha Ramos album. I didn't realize she jacked Ashanti's vocals as well. 

Thanks for sharing. It's like I had said. Dancer, pushed into stardom because she's hot and thus easily marketable. Like she legit was given another woman's singing career because of her sex appeal.

She can perform and entertain. But if she was average looking? Back up dancer is where she would've stayed. Or had a ok acting career. But because she was a easily marketable knockout? She was handed a music career. 

Edited by BB_Hoody
2 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Thanks for sharing. It's like I had said. Dancer, pushed into stardom because she's hot and thus easily marketable. Like she legit was given another woman's singing career because of her sex appeal.

She can perform and entertain. But if she was average looking? Back up dancer is where she would've stayed. But because she was a easily marketable knockout? She was handed a music career. 

Honestly it was more a right place, right time thing. Tommy Motolla was pissed at Mariah Carey after they divorced and was determined to tank her career. That's why he pushed J.Lo so hard in the beginning.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

She was already a known quantity. Jennifer Lopez was riding high off her role in Selena. Plus she'd already proved to be great performer on stage for years. 

I looked it up. She didn't even sing in the Salina movie, smfh. I'm legit mad she was even on that Family Fued list. Let alone above all those other singers.