Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I wish we would be inevitably there's going to be some bad faith actors who are going to fuck it up for everyone.  It's the very definition of "This is why we can't have nice things".  These guys at least put in the video that this was fake but of course there's people in the comments that don't watch the full video and are fooled by it. 

I liked the people who were like "I knew this was AI because he NEVER speaks this clearly" 🤣

This is the kind of thing that's going to happen with AI in the future though. The "nice things" are going to be heavily counterbalanced by stuff like this that will probably get harder and harder to tell is fake.

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I liked the people who were like "I knew this was AI because he NEVER speaks this clearly" 🤣

This is the kind of thing that's going to happen with AI in the future though. The "nice things" are going to be heavily counterbalanced by stuff like this that will probably get harder and harder to tell is fake.

I don't even know what can be done about this at this point cause the cat is literally out of the bag and it's not going back in.  Even if they were to put a ban on A.I.'s or to try to police it isn't not even going to matter because it's the internet. 

3 hours ago, Lantis said:

Well, Quantumania is supposed to be the first movie of phase 5.

Supposedly it will come to a head in phase 6 with The Kang Dynasty (2025)

Yeah, is the idea.

But unlike Phase 1 to 3, apparently, outside a general idea, there are 0 guidelines or story outline that need to be take in account when making the movies, at least according to the people who worked on Antman 3.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

That's more than the Star Wars sequels had.

Sad but true.

And you know what is the worst part.

That apparently, the people who actually have a plan (Favreu and Felloni) are at every opportunity being sabotaged by Kathleen Kennedy and the idiots under her.

Amazing how some people seem to always fail upwards in Hollywood.

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

That's more than the Star Wars sequels had.

Mando saved Star Wars from being in the abyss. 

3 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Sad but true.

And you know what is the worst part.

That apparently, the people who actually have a plan (Favreu and Felloni) are at every opportunity being sabotaged by Kathleen Kennedy and the idiots under her.

Amazing how some people seem to always fail upwards in Hollywood.

Daisy is open to coming back and word is at star wars celebration this year we may get announced a new theatrical release. Disney REALLY wants to push Rey as far as I know. 

Also, it appears that some of the Lost Boys are girls now, unsurprisingly.  It would be funny if they bring back "Lady & the Tramp" and make that live-action but have the dog characters being played by black actors....and thus "accidentally" offending literally everyone at the same time while trying to ride a certain bandwagon which doubles as a shield for criticism *and* helps gain free publicity by going viral.

...which reminds me again that I'm relieved that *apparently* the new "The Lost Boys" (as in the 1987 legendary vampire movie) remake is either forever in development hell or just got quietly canceled. (the CW series for sure appears to be dead, thankfully....CW in recent years is actually worse than anything Disney, imo).  Because things are the way they are today, I'm already 100% sure of what would happen there and it would be awful to see it brought back to popularity in such a context.  They'd no doubt change David into a black (or latina but most likely black) girl (*because for most of the story, David is presented as the "lead" vamp and is thus a prominent character being pushed as the coolest one...so of course in today's context this has to be changed into being a black woman, obviously...perhaps the new name is "Davina".  Michael is in turn also changed out to be "Michelle" since you can't allow a male character to legitimately defeat/kill a female character [even if she's a villain] at the end, obviously.)

In that theoretical example---the ones who are on the hunt for something to be offended by would probably think something along the lines of "why are you getting black actors to play dog characters?".  Y'know... the same kind of people like that Martin Lawrence character in the movie "Boomerang", who see "racist messages" in nearly everything. (there's that great scene when he's explaining how the game of billiards is racist because of the white ball knocking the shit out of all the other colored balls on the table)  It would be interesting to see if they try it so I could observe the results.  Eh, I'll admit it's a bit of a longshot---they'd realistically just make it all cgi though.  They'll get around to it soon enough since they just remake everything over and over.  I wonder how long until we get a remake of the Will Smith Aladdin remake?  That will be an interesting new era, when we see remade remakes...then a few years later they remake the remake of the previous remake! 😆

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

They put that it's fake in the video but I know people are going to be fooled regardless

Despite the fact that its calls itself fake in the video itself and the original link underneath also makes it clear in the description that it’s AI, you still have people in the replies thinking it is real. Makes me realize how dumb some people are. 

Sometimes I wonder if dummies like that are an unwilling tool of disinformation (beyond the obvious shit they say). More stuff came out that COVID may have started from a lab leak, and the main reason I never believed that theory is that the MAIN people promoting it were these types of dumbasses. Literally the only person promoting that I would trust at all is Jon Stewart.

I'm wondering how many legit conspiracies get "covered up" without a cover up because only retards like this are screaming about it.

13 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Sometimes I wonder if dummies like that are an unwilling tool of disinformation (beyond the obvious shit they say). More stuff came out that COVID may have started from a lab leak, and the main reason I never believed that theory is that the MAIN people promoting it were these types of dumbasses. Literally the only person promoting that I would trust at all is Jon Stewart.

I'm wondering how many legit conspiracies get "covered up" without a cover up because only retards like this are screaming about it.

The worst thing to me about it is that it just does not matter.  They put that lab in Wuhan because Wuhan is where people keep getting sick with new corona viruses.  So whether the wrong bat passed through the lab or through a wet market on its way to getting the first person sick is immaterial, CoVid was already there waiting for somebody to catch it.

The thing that always strikes me as funny though is that its usually the same people calling CoVid a "Chinese bioweapon" who also go around saying it's "just a headcold".

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

What if Lady and the Tramp is about two female dogs and we make one a lipstick lesbian and the other a butch bulldog lesbian? 

Guys, I think I am ready to head a department at Disney!

Well with the way the usage of the word "tramp" has changed, wouldn't the movie title make MORE sense to modern audiences if the dogs are lesbians?

Edited by Reticently

Oh wow that actually happened... and of course with probably none of the charm of the older one.  Disney doesn't seem to care about 2d animation anymore, apparently.  

Hmm... perhaps a new Lilo & Stitch then, though that little girl was already brown so they would have no inclination to "swap" her.  We'll see if "Brave" gets that treatment at some point in the near future; I'm sure it's on their "to do" list.

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

WOMEN WEDNESDAY! Revenge edition:

THAT'S IT?!

Is it really just a 30 second interaction? The way people were talking about him confronting his bully, I'd swear she farted on him every day in high school or something, and he really tore her down. Not some weak-ass shit like that.

Not justifying any type of bullying, but man people are blowing this up for nothing.

Edited by axeman61
13 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Mando saved Star Wars from being in the abyss. 

Daisy is open to coming back and word is at star wars celebration this year we may get announced a new theatrical release. Disney REALLY wants to push Rey as far as I know. 

For what i know is mostly because tjere is a chance that KK will be out after Indy 5, but if there is a new production on the way, she will have her contract extended. 

Hence why she started stuff like Willow, that movie that was cancelled based on a novel, etc. 

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

THAT'S IT?!

Is it really just a 30 second interaction? The way people were talking about him confronting his bully, I'd swear she farted on him every day in high school or something, and he really tore her down. Not some weak-ass shit like that.

Not justifying any type of bullying, but man people are blowing this up for nothing.

He's a man. That's about as far as he can go without them flipping the situation. They would have made him look like the bad guy from calling her out. 

Did he go far at all though? It DID stick with him a bit; otherwise don't bring it up. But that shit didn't seem like much beyond playful jabbing. Maybe my social cues aren't good, and maybe I didn't see the whole video. But I really thought it would be a bit crazier from what I was hearing.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Did he go far at all though? It DID stick with him a bit; otherwise don't bring it up. But that shit didn't seem like much beyond playful jabbing. Maybe my social cues aren't good, and maybe I didn't see the whole video. But I really thought it would be a bit crazier from what I was hearing.

He wouldn't have brought it up. Had she not fronted like they were cool back in high school. She should've just kept it strictly professional. Or if she wants to bring up their association from high school? Acknowledge what it really was and own it. Then apologize.

Now if she went about it like that, and he still gave that energy? Then he'd truly be corny and petty.

10 hours ago, axeman61 said:

One thing I've learned is that that bit about a broken clock being right twice a day is true. It's dangerous to utterly dismiss information just because if who it's coming from. Stuff like mass surveillance, Tuskegee, MKUltra, etc used to be the domain of "lol conspiracy theorists," but it all turned out to be true.

9 hours ago, Reticently said:

The worst thing to me about it is that it just does not matter.  They put that lab in Wuhan because Wuhan is where people keep getting sick with new corona viruses.  So whether the wrong bat passed through the lab or through a wet market on its way to getting the first person sick is immaterial, CoVid was already there waiting for somebody to catch it.

The thing that always strikes me as funny though is that its usually the same people calling CoVid a "Chinese bioweapon" who also go around saying it's "just a headcold".

It matters mainly because they spent months lying about it only to turn around and admit it. They should have just stuck to their guns and never admitted it, because if there's another pandemic, half the country is going to disbelieve whatever the official story is because the way covid was handled was so beyond incompetent on so many levels.

It also matters because if it's true that covid was engineered, it means the America  government was involved in the creation of something that killed millions that could have been avoided simply by not doing the kind of research Fauci swore was t being done.

So you're right that it doesn't matter in terms of the discussion, but it matters in terms of government trust taking a nosedive which is going to be really bad in the future.

Edited by DoctaMario
34 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

There wasn't trust in the government about this subject before the Wuhan situation, it's jokes to act like suddenly people don't trust the gov now. 

Before when there was some kind of widespread illness, people would listen to the CDC, the who, the health department, etc. Even if people didn't trust the government per se, they'd still at least listen to those organizations, but I think that's out the window for a lot of people now post covid.

Edited by DoctaMario