Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

44 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

This AI shit gets scarier and scarier, you guys weren't kidding. This will lead to some foul shit in the future

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpGPjOuLnZN/?igshid=NmE0MzVhZDY=

Yep. You think it's bad now with "fake news" and "misinformation," the future is going to be 1000 times worse given how good AI deepfakes are getting.

I think the more and more  humans rely on computers to do things, the worse the problems we have are going to get.

What is the big deal about a tesla? How can you just buy a tesla because it drives itself and not feel like a complete bitch? Being only capable of driving an automatic is weak as fuck as it is, why become weaker by buying a car that is so fucking expensive all because it drives itself? 

This is some illuminati leftist shit. They are trying to make our world lazier and also lacking in discipline to try to learn something so that they can easily make us believe shit and buy it. 

11 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Just got caught up with all that Scott Adams nonsense.

This dude really is the white Herschel Walker, isn't he? I didn't get it before, but now I do.

I don't know about Herschel Walker cause he'd have to do way more gaslighting and claiming to be various things that he's obviously not.

I don't even know what to make of those last 2 tweets that Aries posted.  Especially that last post.  I can't tell of he's being facetious or serious.

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

I got in TKRA stock at 30 cents on Friday. Looked at the potential squeeze set up and decided to put $1500 in. I'm very happy with that decision so far. I recovered from a $500 dollar loss to break even on my account, and now I'm up $200 so far

Sounds like a good deal. I know the feeling of breaking even after a loss though I don't do investing or stocks. I hear it's hard.

I am currently focused on daytrading the futures market which is highly leveraged making for potential gains or losses higher.

The guy from the video and the guy from the videos below makes several thousand per day. I've been learning his strategies and I am seeing how the big moves are generated. It's very enlightening seeing how one can make the big bucks in the financial market oneself through technical analysis.

Futures also have a great tax benefit:

But for futures, capital gains taxation follows the 60/40 rule: 60% of your gains are taxed at the long-term rate of 15% while 40% of your gains are taxed at your ordinary income tax rate.

Let’s illustrate this with an example. Suppose you make $1,000 in short-term profits trading stocks, and that your income tax rate is 22%. Your net profit after taxes is $780. Now, let’s shift a bit and say you made that same $1,000 trading futures. After the 60/40 split, your net gain after taxes would be $822. See the difference?

I have thought about investing as well to make passive income. May do that when I have some extra spare money. Either in metals or put it in an investment firm that guarantees on 8% returns yearly. Doesn't sound like much but if you were to put $5,000 in such firm and add $100 monthly, I can't find the video now but after 20 years of doing this you would have close to 2M if I remember correctly.

Edited by AriesWarlock
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Nothing like waking up to my debit card being hacked or whatever. Thank god I get notifications everytime money is spent *sigh* 😒

Had a similar experience a few years ago on vacation.  It took about a week to sort out.  The bank told me that restaurant servers and hotel employees are the typical culprits.  I only use debit at grocery stores these days, on vacations I use credit or cash.  Last time my credit card was compromised it took me 15 whole minutes to get the money back.

"We’re coming into a world where superheroes exist and have existed for some time in one form or another, and that’s the universe. And so we are telling a big, huge central story. Except for, I think, we’re a lot more planned out than Marvel from the beginning, because we’ve gotten a group of writers together to work that story out completely." - James Gunn 🎬

334008755_1819950468389492_6356951889007

1 hour ago, J-ride said:

Had a similar experience a few years ago on vacation.  It took about a week to sort out.  The bank told me that restaurant servers and hotel employees are the typical culprits.  I only use debit at grocery stores these days, on vacations I use credit or cash.  Last time my credit card was compromised it took me 15 whole minutes to get the money back.

I don't even use my debit card anymore. If something gets messed up on my credit card, I dispute it and they take care of it. Plus you get all kinds of points and get to the checkout at certain sites and realize you can basically get a lot of free stuff by using them.

1 hour ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

Generally why I have multiple kinds, because you just never know. I love the Current, kind of the debit, crypto version cards. 

They didnt get much, luckily i have texts sent to my phone immediately after transactions. Go a new card, just gotta wait on my bank to do an investigation and I should get my money back. Some shit about Keto Pills scam going around apparently 

I do have a crypto card, i need to start using it again. Also got Capitol One credit card which is a livesaver in a pinch

EDIT: Now that you guys mention it, I did give my card to a server at Aztecas, so its possible it came from there. Maybe even someone at the circus got me

Edited by HD-Man
13 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

You could also walk to the cashier and pay there. And many places now have a touch screen where you can sign. How do you do it in Canada?

You pay cash at the table/cashier or they bring a debit machine to you. They don't touch any of our cards or get our signature for anything.

10 minutes ago, elliephil said:

You pay cash at the table/cashier or they bring a debit machine to you. They don't touch any of our cards or get our signature for anything.

Yeah there's that, too. They bring you a card machine where you swipe your card. It's not everywhere, but it's not uncommon.

Edited by AriesWarlock
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

"We’re coming into a world where superheroes exist and have existed for some time in one form or another, and that’s the universe. And so we are telling a big, huge central story. Except for, I think, we’re a lot more planned out than Marvel from the beginning, because we’ve gotten a group of writers together to work that story out completely." - James Gunn 🎬

334008755_1819950468389492_6356951889007

I will never understand how DC had complete control of their comic IP and fumbled the bag so badly. Marvel's gone to crap lately but in the beginning they were slapping DC around with B and C Tier characters. How do you have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman yet lose?

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I will never understand how DC had complete control of their comic IP and fumbled the bag so badly. Marvel's gone to crap lately but in the beginning they were slapping DC around with B and C Tier characters. How do you have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman yet lose?

Minor characters are usually someone's passion project, and you can take risks because who cares if you fuck up Antman's legacy?  Batman had a few good movies, and Wonder Woman got at least one decent one.  But for the most part the bigger the IP is, the more studios tend to just go through the motions for good or ill.

I really don't know why Marvel caught fire in a bottle for a few years there, but they're dragging themselves back down to average lately if you look at everything they put out.

19 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I really don't know why Marvel caught fire in a bottle for a few years there, but they're dragging themselves back down to average lately if you look at everything they put out.

I can answer that.

A)Less Director control. Directors initially had more control of their projects. They had a few hard points they needed to hit, but that was it. So the tone of the initial Marvel films varied. Now it all seems to have the same "Marvel" feel to them.

B)Poor  source material. Marvel has tried to adapt characters that went over like a lead balloon in the comics, and it hasn't gone a lot better at the box office.

C) Fatigue. People want something different.

Side note: Also, a lack of consequences. I'll use Scarlet Witch as an example. Old MCU: Wanda accidentally kills some civilians in the line of duty, the Avengers get locked down, and the Super Hero Registration act gets pushed. New MCU: Wanda enslaves a whole town and they just let her go about her business.  

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't even use my debit card anymore. If something gets messed up on my credit card, I dispute it and they take care of it. Plus you get all kinds of points and get to the checkout at certain sites and realize you can basically get a lot of free stuff by using them.

Fresh&Fit put me on game to the wonder of credit cards when used properly. I now only use debit cards, to pay off my credit cards. Otherwise I never use debit. Thus the rewards on my cards have started to add up pretty nicely.

Imagine paying for flights,hotel stays or large purchases through debit cards. And not getting all those rewards points from using credit. Just leaving money on the table *shudders*

i was browsing shirts on amazon. when i came across mario lopez modeling sweatshirts and i was like "is this mothfucker like doing EVERYTHING now? i know he voice acts. but i aint know he even models for $"

i dont mind him man whoring. good for him,  guess? tho a male model prob needs the job more than him but whatev if u gotta hustle yea i guess. just wasnt expecting seeing a celeb modeling in the amazon store.

p.s.

i hope anthony hopkins aint modeling fruit of the looms 🥝 🍒🍎🍍on the site. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952j8dndufk4rak0xrw6jy

Edited by VirginDefiler
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can answer that.

A)Less Director control. Directors initially had more control of their projects. They had a few hard points they needed to hit, but that was it. So the tone of the initial Marvel films varied. Now it all seems to have the same "Marvel" feel to them.

B)Poor  source material. Marvel has tried to adapt characters that went over like a lead balloon in the comics, and it hasn't gone a lot better at the box office.

C) Fatigue. People want something different.

Side note: Also, a lack of consequences. I'll use Scarlet Witch as an example. Old MCU: Wanda accidentally kills some civilians in the line of duty, the Avengers get locked down, and the Super Hero Registration act gets pushed. New MCU: Wanda enslaves a whole town and they just let her go about her business.  

I would argue that C is more a symptom of the quality of series and movies we are getting rather than a cause.

I think is the same for the argument other people do about saturation.

Saturation is only a problem if the content doesn't warrant its right to exist.

And I completely agree with you on the lack of consequences, the characters are more and more behaving like bad guys, but we are still supposedly meant to see them as heroes, like in Black Widow, were they kill a prison full of people who, yeah, they very likely did something to warrant to be there, but probably didn't deserve to be buried alive on the avalanche, the same for the guards.

And is worse when we deduce that there are very likely political prisioners on that prison who probably didn't do anything, seeing how Captain Russia was there due that.

Or on the final act, where they clearly go their way to save the other gals on the black widow project, but fuck the soldiers who are also under mind control, or at least it was implied to be the case.

Edit

BTW, speaking of the MCU and planning ahead.

There has been a rumor circulating around that supposedly, the plan for phase 1 to 3, was mostly something from Favreu and the other directors brought to the table.

That it was the unsung heroes that made it what it was, but KF being the overall producer was who took credit for it at the end, and that now that he is left to his own devices is why we have seen the dip in quality.

No plan during phase 4, and according to the people who worked on Antman 3, still not a single plan for phase 5 either.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

No plan during phase 4, and according to the people who worked on Antman 3, still not a single plan for phase 5 either.

Well, Quantumania is supposed to be the first movie of phase 5.

Supposedly it will come to a head in phase 6 with The Kang Dynasty (2025)

58 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Speaking of Disney, the Peter Pan movie coming to Disney+ looks like trash 🤣

They just released a trailer and is not going well, lol

but it has black Tinkerbell! THAT'S A GOOD THING

on MCU - after Thanos...I lost some interest. Like many I watched some of the series and some were ok, some I just don't care about even after giving it a try. Currently, it just feels like they're losing what got them there in the first place or (if I know how Disney is being run in general) certain ideas are taking priority vs making a good story. 

10 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Man can't we just stick to the Biden gaming memes? Those were pretty funny.....

I wish we would be inevitably there's going to be some bad faith actors who are going to fuck it up for everyone.  It's the very definition of "This is why we can't have nice things".  These guys at least put in the video that this was fake but of course there's people in the comments that don't watch the full video and are fooled by it.