Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

18 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea can you believe that. Let me sit here and record instead of calling the cops or doing anything productive at all lol. Welcome to LA. 

The ability to record video at any time and potentially upload it for clout has turned up bystanderism by a lot, but realistically, what could that person have done vs two robbers, especially if the person recording was a tiny woman without any martial arts training or a weapon?

30 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The ability to record video at any time and potentially upload it for clout has turned up bystanderism by a lot, but realistically, what could that person have done vs two robbers, especially if the person recording was a tiny woman without any martial arts training or a weapon?

My very first suggestion, call the fucking cops Mario lol. It's not potentially thee most helpful thing you could do, but it's still better then sitting there with your phone camera out gawking like a fucking asshole lol. 

Edited by RSG3
24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

My very first suggestion, call the fucking cops Mario lol. It's not potentially thee most helpful thing you could do, but it's still better then sitting there with your phone camera out gawking like a fucking asshole lol. 

I don't know, having the whole thing on video might do a lot more to catch them that having a patrol car show up 30 seconds sooner.

Like, I'm sure that had nothing to do with the filmer's motivation, but the practical outcome probably is better.

3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I don't know, having the whole thing on video might do a lot more to catch them that having a patrol car show up 30 seconds sooner.

Like, I'm sure that had nothing to do with the filmer's motivation, but the practical outcome probably is better.

Maybe. Did they even turn the footage over to the cops or did they just run to upload it to the interwebs? 

I know I'm speculating at this point, and perhaps I'm being cynical to boot, but I just have my doubts they bothered to use the footage in a positive manner. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Well, like Reticently said, it's possible the footage could be used to catch these fucks, but I can't see how calling the cops (especially when the cops in question are the LAPD lol) would help much after the fact. I'm betting this kind of thing happens more then we'd care to know in the metropolis that is Hell-A.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Awkward Cardi B GIF by Saturday Night Live

With the amount of times he called that lady fat, we might have found @zatalcon3  Apparently looking in the replies other people have had encounters with him in NY. 

Not me. If that was me, i would have gotten her number for my boys darksakul and rsg.

Lucky for that guy is that he is almost immune for any social justice in regards to racism.

my top franchise would be WWE, FF, Disney, Jack Daniels, Pokemon

Edited by zatalcon3

I'm not saying Scott Adams is right, or that any paper should carry his comic, but if only half of some group agreed with a statement like, "It's ok to be Jewish" and some Jewish leader called for Jewish people to move away from said group, nobody would think that was crazy.

That said, Scott Adams has been slowly creeping off to the deep end, and I have to believe that that poll had some goofy things going on with it though, since only about 73% of REPUBLICANS agreed with "It's ok to be white," so....

Edited by DoctaMario
On 2/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, RSG3 said:

Yea can you believe that. Let me sit here and record instead of calling the cops or doing anything productive at all lol. Welcome to LA.

Its why I feel Cali can sink in the Ocean.
West Coast people will smile and be friendly with you, but refuse to lift a Finger.
East Coast, we curse at you and tell you to get out of the way, but even if we hated you he will help you change a flat tire or give you directions.
Getting Robbed, oh we will help.

21 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I feel he may close his twitter account

dee

I'm not gonna go so far as to say that he's a white supremist even though the Venn diagram has a ton of overlap but him saying shit like that is pretty horrible generalization of people.  Using a poll that most people don't even know the full context of as well as where this poll was asked to justify your shit take feels pretty grimy.   You can't say "Treat everyone as an individual" in the same breath as "all black people are a hate group and to get tf away from them" that's contradictory.  Also avoid any group that doesn't respect you?  Yeah I can understand that to a certain degree if you're on opposing views on a subject like Vegans and Meateaters and every time you pick up a steak, the vegan has to say shit to you...but you're throwing a whole ass race of people into a generalization.   That's the biggest fucked up part on his take.

29 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Its why I feel Cali can sink in the Ocean.
West Coast people will smile and be friendly with you, but refuse to lift a Finger.
East Coast, we curse at you and tell you to get out of the way, but even if we hated you he will help you change a flat tire or give you directions.
Getting Robbed, oh we will help.

I lived on the East Coast for 15 years and this is the absolute biggest bunch of bullshit. East coasters are some of the meanest, most selfish, most unwilling to help old timey assholes I've ever met. I've seen east coasters let people freeze in the snow and keep it rolling. I never met so many open racists as I did on the East. Calling people polaks thinking I'm gonna cosign that shit. The East Coast is where I learned white racists hate other white people to. Living in the east was...educational. 

Edited by RSG3
28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm not gonna go so far as to say that he's a white supremist even though the Venn diagram has a ton of overlap but him saying shit like that is pretty horrible generalization of people.  Using a poll that most people don't even know the full context of as well as where this poll was asked to justify your shit take feels pretty grimy.   You can't say "Treat everyone as an individual" in the same breath as "all black people are a hate group and to get tf away from them" that's contradictory.  Also avoid any group that doesn't respect you?  Yeah I can understand that to a certain degree if you're on opposing views on a subject like Vegans and Meateaters and every time you pick up a steak, the vegan has to say shit to you...but you're throwing a whole ass race of people into a generalization.   That's the biggest fucked up part on his take.

He's saying - based on some poll somewhere that says half of all black people said they don't like white folks - that white Americans shouldn't help black Americans anymore and they should get the hell away from black people.

I mean, at what point are we splitting hairs here? Either he's next level stupid, or he's showing the world who he really is.

ive been watchin jojo on netflix when the last time i saw it was like a decade ago. so long ago. more i watched the anime, more i thought.." is araki gay?" cuz the anime seems to just get gayer and gayer with the seasons. but ive always wondered if the creator of jojo was gay. but ive never looked him up till now.

not that i care, just curious thats all.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

ive been watchin jojo on netflix when the last time i saw it was like a decade ago. so long ago. more i watched the anime, more i thought.." is araki gay?" cuz the anime seems to just get gayer and gayer with the seasons. but ive always wondered if the creator of jojo was gay. but ive never looked him up till now.

not that i care, just curious thats all.

JoJo isn't really gay so much as it's more flamboyantly metro than anything with some questionable moments..  Think that's probably the best way to describe it.

FoolhardyFineAldabratortoise-size_restri

8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I lived on the East Coast for 15 years and this is the absolute biggest bunch of bullshit. East coasters are some of the meanest, most selfish, most unwilling to help old timey assholes I've ever met. I've seen east coasters let people freeze in the snow and keep it rolling. I never met so many open racists as I did on the East. Calling people polaks thinking I'm gonna cosign that shit. The East Coast is where I learned white racists hate other white people to. Living in the east was...educational. 

As a born and raised New Yorker. You're exaggerating. But not a whole lot.....

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

TikToker caught skipping line at Nashville event, claims she can because she’s ‘beautiful’ and has "70 thousand followers"

This is what social media has wrought. Imagine being that much of a narcissist that when you get called on skipping the like, THAT'S your excuse. Wow.

Edited by DoctaMario

Ohhh I got some interesting movie pickups today---- at the Best Buy, I saw the Wishmaster Collection... "regular" blu-ray though, no 4k unfortunately.  I also saw that the original Flatliners was there so I got it too.  The Wishmaster collection is 4 movies; I actually never saw any of those.  I was also intending to get the Army of Darkness 4k but it was gone.

Bonus eye-candy--- I spotted a cute redhead while I was there....sadly she appeared to be off the market though; was walking with her boyfriend or husband.  Her face was only so-so though...but the body was fantastic.

this pizza I got is SO damn good though... I decided to try a "veggie pizza" for a change

Edited by MillionX

How many of you stopped playing a certain fighter because the top players were all ugly? I stopped playing marvel mainly because of the top players being fat and ugly or just ugly. It felt as if the game's fan base consisted of middle aged virgins.

Justin wong for example is one of the best marvel players of all time, however he is so damn ugly. Everytime he was on screen I just couldn't stop see a fat ugly middle aged asian virgin. A huge part of me hoped he would quit video games and just focus on proper grooming.

FChamp is ugly too. I remember one upupdowndown show in where sasha and bayley where playing marvel and they had to step aside because one of their coaches was fchamp. It was so cringe. 

How many of ya'll felt this way?

5 hours ago, J-ride said:

Edit:  Look at her just LEERING at him.  I just hope this man remembers that he is STUNNING AND BRAVE!  #STOPSTARING

Haven't told my partner about this because we're long-distance and I don't want her to get insecure about us, but this is part of the reason I stopped going to the gym and switched entirely to calisthenics. I just bought a set of resistance bands and will be transitioning all of my muscle group work to at-home stuff.

I'm not big or muscular or defined or shredded. I have what I would consider relatively above-average strength for my build at best, but I'm not an aesthetic god. Despite that, I still get my arms grabbed or my chest palmed or my legs touched at the gym by some chick who has never heard the word "no" in her life. 99% of the men and women in gyms are normal people, but sometimes you get that sort of person doing that to me and/or others in the same day.

My home workouts are determined by me and I can feel secure enough in knowing that I'm not being watched or anything. I can fail and succeed on my own terms and my gains have gone up. Now the only one who sexually harasses me is myself, in the mirror.

EDIT: The above video is obviously a scripted joke and it's pretty cute.

Edited by Dayaan
On 2/22/2023 at 2:47 PM, Sonero said:

My daughter is having some issues with a girl ordering her around at school. According to my wife, my advice of telling the girl to "fuck off" is not appropiate.

Kid does need to fuck off though.

🤷‍♂️

There was a kid when I was in elementary school who bullied me for months. (Verbally, physically, etc.) I told my dad about it and he told me to punch him in the throat. The day inevitably came and I punched the kid in the throat and he was squirming on the floor.

The kid's dad showed up at my house (they lived across the street) and started getting mad at my dad for telling me to punch his kid in the throat. I don't remember exactly how it went down but something along the line "I'll punch your throat if you don't get off my doorstep". Never had a problem after.

Sometimes parents know the best even if it's not the prettiest LOL

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

I'm not big or muscular or defined or shredded. I have what I would consider relatively above-average strength for my build at best, but I'm not an aesthetic god. Despite that, I still get my arms grabbed or my chest palmed or my legs touched at the gym by some chick who has never heard the word "no" in her life. 99% of the men and women in gyms are normal people, but sometimes you get that sort of person doing that to me and/or others in the same day.

My home workouts are determined by me and I can feel secure enough in knowing that I'm not being watched or anything. I can fail and succeed on my own terms and my gains have gone up. Now the only one who sexually harasses me is me....

I'm in decent shape, slim but not overly jacked.  I'm 42 and in pretty good shape compared to most people my age.  If I wanted to be jacked at my age I'd probably have to get on gear and I don't really see the point of risking my health to look like a SuperHero.

I avoid women in public in general.  I find interactions with them to be unpleasant.

Edited by J-ride