Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I have Facebook to automate keeping in touch with like 30 people that I already know personally, but who aren't convenient to hang out with.

I don't know what verification is supposed to do for me exactly, prove to them that it isn't some random stranger posting pictures of my kids under my name?

Edited by Reticently
2 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Meta trying to find a new way to make money since the idea of online mansions for real life house prices fell through.  I can't believe people aren't willing to drop 400k on a make believe house!

Every time I see the Metaverse or whatever I'm like "This is so Xbox 360 avatars circa 2006" like no one really wanted it back then why would they want it now and looking just as cheap and sloppy to boot? Lol

that was funny that some people probably spent real money on avatar accessories.... when those avatars were rarely used at all.  I vaguely remember maybe 2 or 3 games that made use of them.  I think one of those Doritos Crash Course/Challenge games was one and it's no longer available if I recall.  ...even worse---they used to have gamerpics for sale too.

I still see that, actually....on reddit you can actually pay for accessories for that tiny reddit avatar. 😆

**Randomly thinking back to the masterpiece that is Batman The Mask of the Phantasm---there was 1 crazy nitpick I had for it... I'll admit I was the only one on this, most likely... it was slightly disappointing that the Phantasm turned out to be a certain person in costume, and NOT a supernatural being.  Again, it's a super small nitpick though.

Edited by MillionX
46 minutes ago, MillionX said:

that was funny that some people probably spent real money on avatar accessories.... when those avatars were rarely used at all.  I vaguely remember maybe 2 or 3 games that made use of them.  I think one of those Doritos Crash Course/Challenge games was one and it's no longer available if I recall.  ...even worse---they used to have gamerpics for sale too.

I still see that, actually....on reddit you can actually pay for accessories for that tiny reddit avatar. 😆

**Randomly thinking back to the masterpiece that is Batman The Mask of the Phantasm---there was 1 crazy nitpick I had for it... I'll admit I was the only one on this, most likely... it was slightly disappointing that the Phantasm turned out to be a certain person in costume, and NOT a supernatural being.  Again, it's a super small nitpick though.

Honestly that was something really appreciated. They adopted Bruce Wayne's tactic but was just willing to kill. Given it who it was and how they were involved with Bruce I found it prophetic.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly that was something really appreciated. They adopted Bruce Wayne's tactic but was just willing to kill. Give it who it was and who they were involved with Bruce I found it prophetic.

She's the argument Batfans should point to when discussing Bruce's no kill policies. She's literally the mirror reflection of a Batman who kills and all the chaos and brutality that follows when you create power vacuums with little thought. 

Edited by RSG3

Does anyone here wonder about what uncontacted tribes think the shape of the earth is? I wonder what is the default belief with out any influences. 

I also wonder why those tribes don't have anyone who is fat. Most of us just eat certain parts of cows, chickens, pigs.. they eat entire bulls, apes, and anything they hunt yet none of them get fat. Don't tell me because their daily life consists of exercise because most people in the hood run from the cops a lot and many of them are fat black chicks who always have wear clothes that shows their nasty ass fats. 

Edited by zatalcon3
1 hour ago, J-ride said:

Obesity is mostly a problem in the developed world because of food abundance and processed foods/sugars.  It's hard to be overweight when you have to actually hunt or scrounge the forest for food.

Our lives are set up to be sedentary as well, even a lot of "Physical" labor is done by operating a machine, not actually digging the hole or whatever. People have little free time for pleasurable activities much less the physical activity needed to be healthy that you have to seek out, costs money for many, yada yada, preaching to choir shit.

2 hours ago, J-ride said:

Obesity is mostly a problem in the developed world because of food abundance and processed foods/sugars.  It's hard to be overweight when you have to actually hunt or scrounge the forest for food.

Obesity is a major problem in every part of the world except Sub-Saharan Africa. The first world as exported shit diets to the third world at this point.

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

the bigger Q is how many old heads will dust off their gloves and get back in the ring? 

Players from others games all started tweeting they are SF6 players. I have feeling, that the first years of SF6, is going to be more insane than the first year of SFV. Th EVO registration for the first year of SFV was absurd IIRC like 5k players. Can't imagine what'll it be for SF6.

It just occurred to me....another reason some guys might have some smoldering resentment and hatred for the "passport bros" situation...  Child support.  Some are probably held up from getting a passport because they owe a certain amount of child support....so the financial and legal obligations mean they CAN'T do what those guys are doing.  This gets more amusing the more I think about the reasons behind it, actually.  By the time they hit a certain age... they've been reckless and stupid enough to have spawned several bastard kids out there, and now they owe....and are thus forever locked down here as long as they still owe so much.  It's a bit surprising I haven't seen people in the "manosphere" of youtube start really digging into this shyte just yet...just a few vids here and there wondering why some dudes are concerned at all about what other dudes are doing in terms of pussy and potential relationships.

Edited by MillionX
29 minutes ago, MillionX said:

It just occurred to me....another reason some guys might have some smoldering resentment and hatred for the "passport bros" situation...  Child support.  Some are probably held up from getting a passport because they owe a certain amount of child support....so the financial and legal obligations mean they CAN'T do what those guys are doing.  This gets more amusing the more I think about the reasons behind it, actually.  By the time they hit a certain age... they've been reckless and stupid enough to have spawned several bastard kids out there, and now they owe....and are thus forever locked down here as long as they still owe so much.  It's a bit surprising I haven't seen people in the "manosphere" of youtube start really digging into this shyte just yet...just a few vids here and there wondering why some dudes are concerned at all about what other dudes are doing in terms of pussy and potential relationships.

Again, I think any resentment comes from the perception of them as lames. Do you think that dude that flew out of the U.S. and has to cash app back over 100 bucks (I'm sorry, but 🤣) has a lot of people that like/respect him in the US? He doesn't know anyone who'll scrape together 100 for him, so I'm guessing no.

The thing is, you need a certain amount of wealth for passport shit to work out, or manosphere stuff to apply to you. If you don't have it, you're probably just annoying to be around. I mean, could you imagine a follower of Andrew Tate or Fresh and Fit talking about how women need to be more submissive or some shit, when they themselves don't have two nickels to rub together?

Oh yeah that dude in the clip is a dummy for even attempting to make it happen without the necessary funds though.... obviously he's playing the game incorrectly.

I suspected from the beginning of the little hate campaign there was perhaps some jealousy at play though, generally speaking; with background or lack of funds blocking this off from even being an option for some guys, and it just hit me that child support is a likely obstacle as well:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/legal-matters/child-support.html

...so for some, it might be similar to that odd phenomenon where one kid *can't* get a certain toy or game system while his friends and peers can....then that kid resents said toy or game and may even start to hate it, like "eh, the PS5 sucks anyway... fuck that system." (...but really because he could not get it.)...or when a person can't get with another person then proclaims "ehhh no one wanted her ugly ass anyway...she ain't all that." (though just 5 minutes ago he was trying to spit game and make something happen)

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Again, I think any resentment comes from the perception of them as lames. Do you think that dude that flew out of the U.S. and has to cash app back over 100 bucks (I'm sorry, but 🤣) has a lot of people that like/respect him in the US? He doesn't know anyone who'll scrape together 100 for him, so I'm guessing no.

The thing is, you need a certain amount of wealth for passport shit to work out, or manosphere stuff to apply to you. If you don't have it, you're probably just annoying to be around. I mean, could you imagine a follower of Andrew Tate or Fresh and Fit talking about how women need to be more submissive or some shit, when they themselves don't have two nickels to rub together?

This is facts. This is why while Fresh&Fit after hours show more often than not. Comes off as dude bros just dunking on immature ditzy party girls with the same talking points again and again. They stand out with their money Monday segment. 

They don't just talk manosphere talking points. They try to help you level up to where like you said. You have the means to apply it. I see very other few channels offering the kind of game they do on Money Mondays. 

Even if people hate Myron. They should still tune in just for Money Mondays. 

Edited by BB_Hoody

A couple of other things that I wonder about. 

Why are black people called black when we are technically basing on hue they aren't really black? Some are most dark-brownish. Beyonce for example is brown. There are indian folks who are actually more close to the hue of black than the black people here why can't they be called black?

Why are whites also called white when they are either light peach or pinkish?  Why is it wrong to call a chinese person light yellow but not call a caucasian guy white? 

who makes these rules?

On 2/19/2023 at 10:21 PM, RSG3 said:

Elon Musk spear heading terrible ideas that catch on anyway lol. 

Meh I think this is a good idea and how it should have been from the jump. Imagine how much less shitty social media would have been had everyone had to pay for an account. And if they'd had a free tier, I think it should have been limited to a certain number of posts a day.

1 hour ago, zatalcon3 said:

A couple of other things that I wonder about. 

Why are black people called black when we are technically basing on hue they aren't really black? Some are most dark-brownish. Beyonce for example is brown. There are indian folks who are actually more close to the hue of black than the black people here why can't they be called black?

Why are whites also called white when they are either light peach or pinkish?  Why is it wrong to call a chinese person light yellow but not call a caucasian guy white? 

who makes these rules?

There's also the hue black folks call "red" which I had no idea was a thing until working at a pretty much all black FedEx plant in Georgia. There were two guys named Chris on our belt, and the only way we knew who the manager was talking to was if he called "White Chris" (the wigger kid and only other white guy that worked there) or "Red Chris" lol

So many good acquisitions lately for the movie/show collection...

I also found 4k American Werewolf in London recently, then earlier today I found the complete Battlestar Galactica (*it's the later-era one that I think was on SyFy some years ago)... and a 3-season collection of Gummi Bears.  I was there to get that Battlestar collection; the Gummi Bears dvd was a pleasant surprise I wasn't even on the lookout for....and that was cheap at just 10 bucks.

I was watching my 4k version of The Matrix earlier today....of course it looks incredible....also took me back to those old memories of seeing it for the first time in the theater; I was there on the debut weekend and the audience hype level was off the charts, right from that first action scene they hit you with that features Trinity.   The marketing campaign for that at the time was pure brilliance too, as it was everywhere but they left it a mystery.... I still remember they included Morpheus' famous line in the trailer-- "No one can be....told what the Matrix is....you have to see it for yourself."  

It was a surprise that my Dad loved this movie as well; I always figured he would be far too annoyingly cynical and overly critical to enjoy something like that.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Meh I think this is a good idea and how it should have been from the jump. Imagine how much less shitty social media would have been had everyone had to pay for an account. And if they'd had a free tier, I think it should have been limited to a certain number of posts a day.

Naw cuz then I just imagine having to pay to post on SRK and interact with you guys and that sounds like total booty cheeks and the eorst thing on the planet. 

So naw thays a big a negative from me. Facebook sucks but paying for it is no Bueno.