Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

21 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Do ya think this would've happened on Trump's watch?

Think what would have happened under Trump's watch?

Trump would have rolled over to show his soft underbelly to Putin, and Russia would already be done in Ukraine and be moving on to re-conquer other former Soviet states.  Trump's weirdo dick waving with N. Korea changed apparently nothing at all, and everyone forgets he nearly started a war with Iran.

I'm way late on this but yeah... Battlestar Galactica is indeed as awesome as I was expecting... I always suspected this show would be exactly my kind of thing; I just never got around to watching it until now.  Oh yeah this is already worth the money.  This "series collection" on dvd was 60 or 70 bucks at Walmart.

I'm remembering now there was a "Live Arcade" Battlestar game back in the xbox 360 days that I played that was fun... it wasn't anything that sophisticated or deep; a simple space shootemup kind of thing if I recall, just with that name/IP slapped on there.  

Anyway, yeah---great opening episode, action, the special effects for the time (cgi for the spaceship/combat scenes, and certain "Cylon" visuals) looked pretty cool.  Also, as per the usual rule of tv shows and movies, the lineup of hot girls is solid as well.

Edited by MillionX

Battlestar was an awesome show, every season was great except the one that took place during the writer's strike.  That one had some really goofy episodes.  I think it was S3?  Either way, it was a really awesome show and Admiral Adama's testicular fortitude made him one of my favorite sci-fi captains.

spacer.png

Edited by J-ride

I just find it funny how this whole "This would never happen under Trump" crowd fails to ignore that Trump literally bent over for Russia, China, and N. Korea. Sure, he would talk a good game here, but once he flew over there, he just literally put himself on all four. But I guess that is "diplomacy" for some people LOL

Edited by Lantis
14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Some people DID pay for SRK to interact with the same people lol

They where limited to one extra board and some superflous features that was used for circle jerking, kinda showing why it was dumb aside from voluntary support of the site. 

It didn't limit your posting ability on the actual website that people actually used. 

Edited by RSG3
15 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Some people DID pay for SRK to interact with the same people lol

The Context and reasons are wildly different. It felt like we were more apart of something, building something and raising up something as opposed to a corporation like Facebook just wanting even more money. 

Paying $20 a year to help keep the site afloat with some silly perks was more than worth it. I gifted premium to other people all the time too. 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Yeesh things are looking scary. Not trying to start anything. Just genuine question. Do ya think this would've happened on Trump's watch? They seemed less Bolden to do such things. And he was even improving relations with N.Korea, and getting on other NATO members to start carrying their weight military wise

We'll never truly know BUT that is the one thing Trump surprisingly pulled off. No new conflicts in those 4 years. Maybe he did do some deals we're unaware of? But so far I give him that. 

^Oh I can't wait to see how she somehow manages to get "probation"....or maybe 3 or 4 years in prison + community service at best.  

If I were the father of that kid, this joke of an American legal system would be the least of her concerns.  

Back on my nostalgia trip----

Another great thing about this older stuff like Battlestar Galactica (and American Werewolf in London the other day)... it takes me back to that time when there was still "high stakes" in a story, and not every scene was about 6 seconds away from a joke or "witty one-liner" like we're getting in the typical superhero shows/movies of the past few years (*this has become so annoying...if most of the characters aren't taking anything, even the most dire situations seriously, why should the audience?).  Battlestar starts off with a bleak situation for the human race....and you see characters dying... people like the newly sworn in President of the colony having to make some tough choices in hopes of assuring their survival against a seemingly unstoppable enemy.

...after watching Werewolf in London recently---first time I've seen this one all the way thru... I now agree with my friend that this was definitely the coolest-looking werewolf on screen, even though you don't see that much of it; mostly closeups on the face and head.

2 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I did say no NEW conflicts...you can argue that Iran never really ended.

Also not to bring down the mood more but...

Bruh....I'm not gonna repeat how that crazy bitch killed her own son. WTF kind of court system sends a child back to an abusive parent in order for the stable parent to file for full custody. Some people need to be put under the jail with that sicko excuse for a "mother".

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh....I'm not gonna repeat how that crazy bitch killed her own son. WTF kind of court system sends a child back to an abusive parent in order for the stable parent to file for full custody. Some people need to be put under the jail with that sicko excuse for a "mother".

The fact that this is so common in many countries is infuriating.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:50 AM, AriesWarlock said:

I remember Aaron McGruder mentioned in an interview that the Gangstalicious episodes were his favorite episodes because they were the hardest to produce thanks to MosDef.

The shit he’d ad lib would have the crews working on the episodes crying from laughing so hard they constantly had to redo takes 

Edited by iStu X
11 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I did say no NEW conflicts...you can argue that Iran never really ended.

Also not to bring down the mood more but...

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I couldn't finish that video. The father needs to sue the state and have everyone who made that decision fired+jailed or something. What happened to the mom, is she getting the death penalty or life at least? 

3 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Have any of you guys seen the new leftist trend on twitter called proshipping? It's a bunch of leftists kids defending their interest in making pedophile comics.. and they go "well there are violence in video games and this is just fiction". WTF is this? 

I mean, I was very much shipping for Dany and Jon in Game of Thrones. It was fine given the history of their family and it would be better for the realm. Does this make me a pro-shipper? Didn't realize there is a word for this now.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Neither could I man. Once I heard how he got killed, I was out.

I read an article where some guy beat his infant son to death and then the state decided it was ok to give their 5 year old back to them, at which point he did the same thing with the 5 year old. I understand that the choice between leaving them with their parents and putting them in the foster system is two bad choices, but when it's shown that the parents are unfit to the point of it being bad for the kid's chances to stay alive, how the fuck is putting them back with the parents even a choice??

5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Neither could I man. Once I heard how he got killed, I was out.

The Family Court system is really fucked up.  Most Social Workers burn out after a couple of years because of the amount of terrible things they see happen and how bad the state is at actually addressing real problems.  I know a girl who I went to school with who burned out after 5 years and said there were several parents who just needed to catch a bullet between the teeth.

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What's this in regard to?

I'm only learning about it today, but apparently Twitter is in front of the Supreme Court on a case over the communication act clause that says service providers aren't liable for shit users say on their platforms.  I should look up the full details, but I have a bunch of family stuff going on today that's monopolizing most of my focus.

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/twitter-v-taamneh-supreme-court-02-22-23/index.html

Edited by Reticently

A&P on one of our favorite issues once again

I love how there's some of a certain ideological side that seem to think no one would try to take advantage of the situation (*like with gaining access to women's locker-rooms and bathrooms... "Oh all I have to do is say I identify as female and I can get in there?  I don't have to prove it in some way? Sheeeeeitttttt...")

I don't get why no one smells illuminati on Eon Musk. No one knew anything about this guy 10 years ago and now he is this  car maker dude who is probably one of the richest and most influential guys in world?

Not even half of the planet can afford to buy his fake ass cars for fat lazy fucks but he is rich because of it? How can anyone just believe that shit? I think he is a media made character who doesn't have money of his own, he is just a employed celebrity cult figure.  

Edited by zatalcon3