Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

17 minutes ago, MillionX said:

A shame our newsmedia has such a narrow focus that only a few stories can get much coverage at any given time---there's another shooting that happened so of course that's going to dominate the headlines now.  The older stories like that girl Shanquella being killed by her so-called "friends" in Mexico, the Idaho student murders are long gone from tv airtime at this point... and the apparent UFOs from last week will soon be dropped as well, unless we get another one of those again soon.

It's about engagement.

The other stories simply don't tug at the fear centers of your brain like the "impending threat going grocery shopping". 

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I Am ‘Not Part of the Problem’: Billionaire Bill Gates Defends Using Private Jet as Climate Activist 🤡

Bill Gates staunchly defended his work as a climate activist during a recent interview when pressured about his use of private jets.

The interview which was conducted by BBC’s Amol Rajan was a rare in-depth sit down interview with Gates where Rajan wasted no time in cutting straight to the hard hitting questions.

Climeworks, the company referenced by Gates, is an emissions reduction company that aims to remove harmful CO2 from the air using direct air capture technology to help neutralize the gas. For a monthly fee, Gates and others like him pay to remove “their” carbon contribution from the air.

Even as recently as 2022, the promises from some similar companies faced intense scrutiny, with some studies showing they overstated their emission reductions significantly.

Breakthrough Energy is just part of Gates’ many companies that since 2015 have worked to develop innovation in sustainable energy and reduce harmful emissions.

Fuck Bill Gates and everybody who thinks like this. He's probably trying to deflect from the fact that he was a very frequent flyer on the lolita express and was probably having sex with underage teens, hence why his wife dropped him.

He could have saved a lot of breath by simply saying "rules for the but not for me cuz I'm RICH!" Not like what he's paying for or his companies are anything more than a drop in the bucket for solving any climate problems because the only meaningful way to solve these issues would cause massive economic upheaval, so you know it won't get done.

9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Fuck Bill Gates and everybody who thinks like this. He's probably trying to deflect from the fact that he was a very frequent flyer on the lolita express and was probably having sex with underage teens, hence why his wife dropped him.

He could have saved a lot of breath by simply saying "rules for the but not for me cuz I'm RICH!" Not like what he's paying for or his companies are anything more than a drop in the bucket for solving any climate problems because the only meaningful way to solve these issues would cause massive economic upheaval, so you know it won't get done.

Since they have put up the idea of the "carbon tax" negating the use of fossil fuels for rich fucks does this also apply to trafficked girls?  🤔 

The Gates foundation is ready to throw money around to protect girls from men like Bill lol.

I'm hoping for more "possible alien ships!?" stuff in the news soon.  That's way more interesting than the typical material we see in the news.

The most epic Grand Finale to the story of mankind possible though... imagine multiple alien species formally make their presence known....as the dormant X-gene from the recent pandemic and vaccinations activates and humans develop new powers and evolutions..... all while vampires, werewolves and witchcraft somehow become real too (*perhaps resulting from the aforementioned mutations)....all this going on at the same time.  That would be one hell of an awesome final story-arc here, folks....way better than the current storyline.

Edited by MillionX
27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Fuck Bill Gates

I will like to toss another reason to hate this man.

During the pandemic, Oxford developed their vaccine with the idea to release the formula without a patent, so 3rd world countries could develop their own versions without the need to wait for the companies to make them and the 1st world countries to donate them.

But that fucktard blocked them to do it using his 700 million donation as a leverage in order to protect the big pharma companies he has stakes in.

41 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Accepted an arguably worse job (for the same pay) because my current employer has someone senior to me trying to start dumb drama.

Yeah it really does suck because I've been in a similar situations.  Mine was being sandwiched above and below by people who were fucking.  It was an absolute fucking shit show.

Edited by J-ride

ah, so the shooter is indeed outside the usual stereotype one might expect of a mass shooter...   I'm curious of what the motive is here....y'know, besides him being the typical loser in the game of life.... 

I suppose one could argue that the "usual stereotype" (random crazy white guy) isn't the safe bet anymore these days; the previous 2 shooters that made national headlines were older asian guys for some odd reason....that was quite a surprise to me there....almost as surprising as when we found out who the "DC Sniper" was some years ago.

...haha I bet you can't make a gamertag like that, btw--- "DC Sniper"; I'd assume it and other controversial, "in bad taste" names like Unabomber are probably auto-banned.

Edited by MillionX
30 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Yeah it really does suck because I've been in a similar situations.  Mine was being sandwiched above and below by people who were fucking.  It was an absolute fucking shit show.

My situation isn't even that interesting- just had someone the equivalent of a team lead go over my head to my direct supervisor over a problem that both does not exist and wouldn't even be important if it did.  My life is complicated enough without having to look over my shoulder for literal nonsense. 

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Actor and Trump Supporter Ben Stein Claims America’s Becoming ‘Racial Dictatorship’

ben-2.jpg

Ben Stein declared the United States is becoming a “racial dictatorship” in a Truth Social post that got the Ferris Bueller’s Day Off actor trending over the weekend.

Stein is a former speechwriter for former presidents like Richard Nixon, but he’s primarily known for his acting career, highlighted by dry comedic performances in films like The Mask and Casper.

In a Friday Truth Social video post, the conservative entertainer took a break from cooking some salmon to relay his thoughts on the state of race issues in the country.

“Food for thought,” Stein wrote with the video. “We’re getting into a racial dictatorship. God Bless this great country.”

According to Stein, people can’t speak their minds about race without facing massive consequences.

“Hello friends. It occurs to me and it’s kind of a scary thought, we’re getting into a racial dictatorship here where you simply cannot speak your mind,” Stein said as his fish sizzled.

The actor claimed people aren’t able to speak about the “most obvious differences between the races and among the races,” though he did not specify what exactly these differences were that he was referring to. Speaking out, he added, means “losing your job, your friends, your house.”

“That’s a racial dictatorship. We’ve never had that here before,” Stein said before getting back to his salmon.

Stein regularly posts to Truth Social, referring to other users as “Truthers.” In a message addressed to Truth Social CEO Devin Nunes, Stein told him to “never surrender, never give up” and said he and others weren’t behind Truth Social “for the money.”

“We cannot surrender. If we surrender, who’s left? Who is left? We’re not in it for the money, although money is a good thing. We’re not in it for the fame. [We’re] already famous. We’re in it because it’s the truth, and that’s why you people are called the truthers,” he said.

"WOW"

"Now that's a vicious attack"

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I mean yea, fuck tech billionairs, their selfish, out of touch, greedy thieves. 

I don't hate them because they're rich, I hate that they are so far up their own asses about how they believe they're making the world better even despite evidence to the contrary and that that money makes them feel entitled to treat everyone else like cattle and buy consent like Gates has been doing. And they're able to buy an audience with the people who make those types of decisions that affect us but that we ourselves have no means of influencing.

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I will like to toss another reason to hate this man.

During the pandemic, Oxford developed their vaccine with the idea to release the formula without a patent, so 3rd world countries could develop their own versions without the need to wait for the companies to make them and the 1st world countries to donate them.

But that fucktard blocked them to do it using his 700 million donation as a leverage in order to protect the big pharma companies he has stakes in.

This comes as no surprise to me. Gates is the worst kind of person, acting like he's so concerned about this and that whole silently undercutting some of the same causes he claims to be worried about. This is why I can't really take a lot of these climate "activists" seriously, because it's really easy to say "we need xyz" but exclude yourself from it. You want me to take you seriously, fly coach with proles and get rid of your air conditioner. But guys like him aren't about that life.

Edited by DoctaMario
30 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't hate them because they're rich, I hate that they are so far up their own asses about how they believe they're making the world better even despite evidence to the contrary and that that money makes them feel entitled to treat everyone else like cattle and buy consent like Gates has been doing. And they're able to buy an audience with the people who make those types of decisions that affect us but that we ourselves have no means of influencing.

Yea....fuck Tech Billionairs. I dont shit on Mark Cuban very much for a reason. Not saying hes a saint, but he uses some of his money to help others which is a lot more then the rest are doing.

6 hours ago, J-ride said:

It's pretty crazy to think that WB sold a few years ago for 38 bill and I'd own that over twitter any day.

What strikes me is that THE BEST thing one can say about Elon's purchase of twitter is that it's still functioning. That's about it. He way overpaid for it. It's probably still not making more than it loses, and maybe no amount of subscriptions/new ways to gouge the customers can change that. Dude threw 44B at something that will lose money for years in the best case scenario.

5 hours ago, axeman61 said:

What strikes me is that THE BEST thing one can say about Elon's purchase of twitter is that it's still functioning. That's about it. He way overpaid for it. It's probably still not making more than it loses, and maybe no amount of subscriptions/new ways to gouge the customers can change that. Dude threw 44B at something that will lose money for years in the best case scenario.

He's going to continue making bad decisions, and I don't know how long that'll keep Twitter afloat. Like, he got mad that his Super Bowl tweets underperformed and got less engagement than President Biden's, so he gathered a task force of 80 engineers to make sure all of his tweets are boosted to everyone, even if the ranking system wouldn't normally do that. Dude is so petty 😂

https://www.platformer.news/p/yes-elon-musk-created-a-special-system

spacer.png

Edited by Saikyotic
7 hours ago, axeman61 said:

User "The Twitter Files" has entered the chat

24 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

My favorite thing about holidays is the unwanted and undesirables saying how everyone cheats or is somehow unhappy in their relationships. Real losers 😂

A good number of people who are the most miserable seem to want dole out advice.  I find the open-ness to cheating to be pretty disdainful, and I don't think it's "cool" when men do it.  I hate how many slimey dudes out there are willing to pipe married women and I've always hated HOW often married women would throw box at me the second they or their husbands were out of town.

If I'm ever on a jury and some guy smokes a piece of shit that was piping his wife, that guy is getting a non-guilty from me.  He did nothing wrong!

#HeWasAskingForIt

@AriesWarlockI read your Ben Stein post. He's not far off base honestly. I had a friend I've know for almost 25 years ask if we talk about something because it involved race. He's white BTW. Dude has literally had my back when it counted. If talking to me about a race related subject gave him pause, then the how is the average white person going be able to have discuss things with someone they don't know. They gonna get cancelled. Honestly I think it's the reason that things, in my view, are getting worse. You can't resolve problems if even discussing them is taboo. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 2/13/2023 at 4:22 AM, Jion_Wansu said:

Everyone should check out this new trilogy by the original authors. Caution. Spoilers ahead.

dragons-of-deceit-storefront2-622x800.pn

Hide contents

Think flashpoint in the DragonLance lore!!!

A little more:

Spoiler

Kind of a mix between flashpoint and MK11's main lore and aftermath lore.

Something happened and the device got destroyed. The most famous wizard/mage is not a Black Robe yet. Him and a few others get trapped in the past about 1000 to 2000 years before The War Of The Lance!!!!

Man, I wish this would pop up more often...I should just run a search on stories of toxic gamers in table-top rpgs...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vtm/comments/111dui4/my_player_wants_to_kill_jesus_and_end/?sort=new

^in a game of Vampire... set in the ancient past, I guess around the time that Jesus would be born, one of the players wants to go kill him... or kill Mary 🤣  Bruh c'monnnn

I love it... this was hilarious to me for so many reasons.  For one it reminds me of what likely would've happened with a certain annoying old friend from childhood.  It would either be some ridiculous shit like that or just 1 game session after another of him trying to break the rules as much as possible and make his character completely unstoppable (*like "yeah so my character has 10 dots in all stats; he was sired directly by Caine, see....but then he got extra power from Lilith so he's actually even more powerful than Caine now so he's like a Zero Generation vampire with infinity stats and not even Angels or God Himself could stop him, blahblahblah")

@TheInfernoman Just passing this along. Apparently Universal is raising wages and improving benefits while Disney is letting folks go.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/universal-raises-hourly-wage-to-17-setting-pace-for-parks#:~:text=— Universal Orlando Resort plans to,starting hourly wage from %2415

Edit: Goes into more detail.

Edited by Darc_Requiem