Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

“And AOC, she’s great at killing jobs. She kills jobs by the thousands,”

He says he would debate AOC. Would like to see that.

Don't listen to Kevin O'Leary. He speaks for his own self interest and tells half truths. Besides, he claims taxes and regulation killed his project in Niagara so he went to... Norway? A social democratic state with a baseline tax rate of 25%?

The whole state of New York being "uninvestable" is AOC's fault obviously, a congresswoman in Queen's. It's definitely NOT the fact that Amazon (HQ2 was vetoed by her to setup in NY) is a predatory company that has a proven track record for breaking labour laws, forcing workers to piss in bottles, hiding dead bodies in their facilities, among other things. How could any of the states he mentioned pass up on that!?  Hmm. 

A few months ago he lied in front of Senate. When FTX (a company he was a spokesperson for) was found out to be fucking around with people's money and went bankrupt as a result, he claimed it was Binance's fault for selling their shares. You know, a direct competitor that could be violating anti-trust laws.

He's right that all of these states have very high regulations comparatively to the rest of the US. Cost of living is rising everywhere in North America right now and if I'm living in the US, I'm probably going to choose to live in or near one of these states due to their standard of living being much higher.

If him or any of his partners become PM in Canada, so help this country.

Heh, I knew there would be a few gems to check out in the comment section of that video about the Walmart closures.

"That's really going to inconvenience a lot of people who will have to find a new place to shoplift" 😆

Random lame comic book shit--- one character I always thought was lame was Warren Worthington III, aka "Angel" from Marvel.  Wasn't flight his ONLY superpower, at least in the beginning? (*I think later he was revealed to have advanced healing and some superhuman strength at least?) That's ok but it's just a rather basic bitch thing in a world of superpowered people.  It's also hard to keep a low profile with those big feathery wings constantly on display.  At least Apocalypse's makeover made him cool when he became the Archangel.  

*with that setup I'd also like to at least be able to fly superfast...  like perhaps at at least on par with our fastest military aircraft.

Edited by MillionX
11 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Heh, I knew there would be a few gems to check out in the comment section of that video about the Walmart closures.

"That's really going to inconvenience a lot of people who will have to find a new place to shoplift" 😆

Random lame comic book shit--- one character I always thought was lame was Warren Worthington III, aka "Angel" from Marvel.  Wasn't flight his ONLY superpower, at least in the beginning? (*I think later he was revealed to have advanced healing and some superhuman strength at least?) That's ok but it's just a rather basic bitch thing in a world of superpowered people.  It's also hard to keep a low profile with those big feathery wings constantly on display.  At least Apocalypse's makeover made him cool when he became the Archangel.  

*with that setup I'd also like to at least be able to fly superfast...  like perhaps at at least on par with our fastest military aircraft.

Angel is the SOLE reason that I wasn't reading X-Men in elementary. That comic looked so lame thanks to him. I much prefered the Titans and Justice League.

3 hours ago, elliephil said:

Don't listen to Kevin O'Leary. He speaks for his own self interest and tells half truths. Besides, he claims taxes and regulation killed his project in Niagara so he went to... Norway? A social democratic state with a baseline tax rate of 25%?

The whole state of New York being "uninvestable" is AOC's fault obviously, a congresswoman in Queen's. It's definitely NOT the fact that Amazon (HQ2 was vetoed by her to setup in NY) is a predatory company that has a proven track record for breaking labour laws, forcing workers to piss in bottles, hiding dead bodies in their facilities, among other things. How could any of the states he mentioned pass up on that!?  Hmm. 

A few months ago he lied in front of Senate. When FTX (a company he was a spokesperson for) was found out to be fucking around with people's money and went bankrupt as a result, he claimed it was Binance's fault for selling their shares. You know, a direct competitor that could be violating anti-trust laws.

He's right that all of these states have very high regulations comparatively to the rest of the US. Cost of living is rising everywhere in North America right now and if I'm living in the US, I'm probably going to choose to live in or near one of these states due to their standard of living being much higher.

If him or any of his partners become PM in Canada, so help this country.

Doesn't that kind of prove his point though? Having grown up in NY state, it's always been overregulated, and it's only gotten worse since I left. My folks still live there and their standard of living isn't any higher than ours is in TN despite them paying much higher taxes than we do. In fact, I'd argue the standard of living in some of these states is actually LOWER in some places due to the passive way they handle some of the problems that tend to affect mainly the lower and middle classes in some of these high-cost/high regulation areas (San Francisco is an example of this.) 

So a high cost of living is not indicative of a higher standard of living, and while I'm not of the mind that regulation is all bad, there are a lot of bad/unnecessary regulations in places like NY and probably the other states he mentioned too.

Edited by DoctaMario

If I told you, you had to work a 12 hour graveyard shift, you can sleep the entire shift if you please, no consequences and all u had to do was cook a small breakfast before it ends

Only catch is, itll be a bit noisy in the daytime due to workers while you sleep, but again u can sleep all u please during your shift. Do this sound like a good deal?

This sounds like a good deal to me, but maybe im crazy 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
40 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

If I told you, you had to work a 12 hour graveyard shift, you can sleep the entire shift if you please, no consequences and all u had to do was cook a small breakfast before it ends

Only catch is, itll be a bit noisy in the daytime due to workers while you sleep, but again u can sleep all u please during your shift. Do this sound like a good deal?

This sounds like a good deal to me, but maybe im crazy 🤷🏾‍♂️

Wait, what exactly are you "supposed" to be doing during your night shift besides cooking breakfast?  Because I don't follow why you'd be sleeping during the day if you can get 8 hours at night.

I do know working night shift long term starts to suck.  

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't understand this take...

It's not even a hot take it's just dumb.  Why would purchasing a cloth to wash your body with be for "poor people"?  I know the lady he's talking to is being serious but I'm hoping Tom is joking.

It could just be a bit. I haven't checked in on YMH in a long time, but they're both comedians. From what I remember, it's almost like that podcast subsists off of inside jokes.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Wait, what exactly are you "supposed" to be doing during your night shift besides cooking breakfast?  Because I don't follow why you'd be sleeping during the day if you can get 8 hours at night.

I do know working night shift long term starts to suck.  

Basically the way our company does, when your boat is on dock for repairs, we switch to 12 hour shifts instead of 6 on, 6 off shifts. Night shift is supposed to clean the galley and restrooms, which would take about 45 minutes tops. But I was doing all that for him just before my shift ended so he didn't have to, he could just come in, sit on his phone, sleep, etc

Obviously you're not supposed to sleep on your shift but literally everyone on the boat sleeps at night, even the captain doesn't give a shit if u sleep, just had breakfast ready and you're good. Lol

But dude started bitchin and doesn't realize he loses more sleep going back to working 2 seperate 6 hour shifts. Gotta account for the fact that you gotta be up 30 minutes before your shift and factor in shower/lunch/personal time.

And if you're a person that takes awhile to sleep, sheesh. And keep in mind, on atleast one of these 6 hour shifts, you probably wont be able to sleep at all during the banging from shipyard workers. Whereas, if you did the 12 hour straight, sure you'd have trouble sleeping during the day, but you'd be able to get almost all of the sleep you lost during the day back on your night shift while its quiet

Not to mention 6 hours on, 6 off is BAD, shit will fuck with your health long term since your body is not gettin the necessary amount of sleep. 

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

It's not even a hot take it's just dumb.  Why would purchasing a cloth to wash your body with be for "poor people"?  I know the lady he's talking to is being serious but I'm hoping Tom is joking.

It's true. What you don't have a gal to wash your body for you? Or at least a trained animal like you're a Disney princess? Psh 👑👑👑

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Man wants you to buy his non-woke chocolate for at least 25 dollars.

Please get me out of this mad world.

I thought this was a joke but figured it might be real so I decided to actually click on the link for the website...the first pop up states for me to "un woke my inbox".   I don't even know wtf that's supposed to mean but this man is going to make a killing.  They'll for sure give this man $25 dollars over....hold on a moment...*checks the going price for 4 comparative sized hershey bars* $6.20 roughly not including tax.

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

When I was in college I worked at Target and we had a bus route change that decided to include the "underserved" part of town and they ended up stealing so much the store manager had the bus stop moved.  It was hilarious because it was the exact opposite of what all the "feels before reals" folks were saying was going to happen.

Edited by J-ride
5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Doesn't that kind of prove his point though? Having grown up in NY state, it's always been overregulated, and it's only gotten worse since I left. My folks still live there and their standard of living isn't any higher than ours is in TN despite them paying much higher taxes than we do. In fact, I'd argue the standard of living in some of these states is actually LOWER in some places due to the passive way they handle some of the problems that tend to affect mainly the lower and middle classes in some of these high-cost/high regulation areas (San Francisco is an example of this.) 

So a high cost of living is not indicative of a higher standard of living, and while I'm not of the mind that regulation is all bad, there are a lot of bad/unnecessary regulations in places like NY and probably the other states he mentioned too.

There is no sense in his statement. He states taxes and regulations killed his project in Niagara and so his solution was to... go to a country that has much higher taxes and stricter regulations since it operates under social democracy. That doesn't make sense and contradicts his comments he literally made 5 seconds earlier. I'm not doubting that things are shitty for your folks in NY, I grew up on the other side of the border just past Niagara Falls. Purchasing power is unprecedentedly low in Ontario (with an even higher tax rate than NY).

Correlation does not equal causation, and I'm not trying to imply that. Higher cost of living does not mean a higher standard of living. However, all of the places he listed as being "bad for business" rank higher in so many categories against the rest of the country. (Income, health care access, education, etc.)

Long story short, I wouldn't listen to him about what he thinks about the state of the country or what's good for YOU. He only cares about HIMSELF. Most of the shit he said in that interview is moot or easy to disprove any connection to his complaints. Canadians learned this when he tried to run for Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I thought this was a joke but figured it might be real so I decided to actually click on the link for the website...the first pop up states for me to "un woke my inbox".   I don't even know wtf that's supposed to mean but this man is going to make a killing.  They'll for sure give this man $25 dollars over....hold on a moment...*checks the going price for 4 comparative sized hershey bars* $6.20 roughly not including tax.

That's the thing. When people like this say something that makes you laugh, it's serious, and when they say jokes, laughter leaves the room.

But, I'm out. I'm giving up my "anti-woke" card after seeing that shit. I NEVER want to get lumped in with the type of rock-chewing morons who buy chocolate because it's not woke.

Edited by axeman61
8 hours ago, elliephil said:

There is no sense in his statement. He states taxes and regulations killed his project in Niagara and so his solution was to... go to a country that has much higher taxes and stricter regulations since it operates under social democracy. That doesn't make sense and contradicts his comments he literally made 5 seconds earlier. I'm not doubting that things are shitty for your folks in NY, I grew up on the other side of the border just past Niagara Falls. Purchasing power is unprecedentedly low in Ontario (with an even higher tax rate than NY).

Correlation does not equal causation, and I'm not trying to imply that. Higher cost of living does not mean a higher standard of living. However, all of the places he listed as being "bad for business" rank higher in so many categories against the rest of the country. (Income, health care access, education, etc.)

Long story short, I wouldn't listen to him about what he thinks about the state of the country or what's good for YOU. He only cares about HIMSELF. Most of the shit he said in that interview is moot or easy to disprove any connection to his complaints. Canadians learned this when he tried to run for Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada.

I don't really know much about him other than seeing a few clips of him on Shark Tank so there's probably some other context I'm missing.

But if a country like Norway is able to greenlight a project like that in an agreeable way, it really says something about how locked down NY is. I was talking to one of the higher ups at my wife's mortgage company last night, and he was saying they don't even bother getting people certified to do loans in NY because it takes far too long and there's so much red tape and hoops they have to jump though that it's not worth it to them to even bother which is wild considering this is a big national company and they're willing to leave all that on the table.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I bet it's a joke, but even so, I don't understand how you can really get yourself clean without one. Part of the function of a washcloth is to help strip away dead skin and I don't know how washing with soap and your hands accomplishes that.

Edited by DoctaMario
14 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I've never seen the logic and reasoning behind empowerment of who you are, when you have examples like this lol. Humans are crazy to me. In China commercials years ago, you've had a black guy being dumped in a washing machine by an asian woman when he came on to her, because his color and facial structure was considered unsanitary. So, that very same black man was purified and converted into an asian guy. That was a detergent commercial.

Edited by Emptyeyes_
14 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

I've never seen the logic and reasoning behind empowerment of who you are, when you have examples like this lol. Humans are crazy to me. In China commercials years ago, you've had a black guy being dumped in a washing machine by an asian woman when he came on to her, because his color and facial structure was considered unsanitary. So, that very same black man was purified and converted into an asian guy. That was a detergent commercial.

Oh yeah! I love that commercial 😂

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

You've never heard of a shower Loofa? 

Loofah_Resize_1800x.png?v=1642870972

They come in a stiffer more cylindrical shape as well. 

Not justifying what those two where saying or anything, just there are other options besides wash cloths. Some may even attach a classest value to these types of scrubbies 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I guess I just lump them in with washcloths. Either way, it's better than just using your hands in my opinion. And I don't know why these folks think people are using the same washcloth over and over without washing it, like people are gonna wash the ass and then in a subsequent shower wash their face with the same cloth 😂

16 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

It’s a joke taken out of context. Simple as that. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

But if a country like Norway is able to greenlight a project like that in an agreeable way, it really says something about how locked down NY is

I don't know the details, but it's probably an apples-to-oranges situation.  It's entirely possible the Norwegian facility location had a lower environmental impact or whatever than the NY on would have, even though Norway has more regulations in general. 

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Part of the function of a washcloth is to help strip away dead skin and I don't know how washing with soap and your hands accomplishes that.

I kind of wonder about the whole removing dead skin cells thing.  A certain number of them are "supposed" to be there, and I'd guess you could be exposing your skin to damage stripping too much away.  I'm not a derm guy though so idk.

I wouldn't underestimate soap and water though.  The chemical basis of their ability to clean you is actually pretty intense.

7 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Oh yeah! I love that commercial 😂

Lol. You should've seen the stuff on discord a while back from a different server. There were young people trying to replace the N word with Namek, as a kinder term for blacks, because Piccolo was a smart character. It's pretty wild. 

Edited by Emptyeyes_
7 hours ago, Reticently said:

I don't know the details, but it's probably an apples-to-oranges situation.  It's entirely possible the Norwegian facility location had a lower environmental impact or whatever than the NY on would have, even though Norway has more regulations in general. 

I kind of wonder about the whole removing dead skin cells thing.  A certain number of them are "supposed" to be there, and I'd guess you could be exposing your skin to damage stripping too much away.  I'm not a derm guy though so idk.

I wouldn't underestimate soap and water though.  The chemical basis of their ability to clean you is actually pretty intense.

Maybe, but we can only take him at his word unless there's someone familiar with the situation. Knowing what I do about NY, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pols wanted him to jump through a bunch of stupid hoops and he eventually said Fuck it and decided to find somewhere else. It's what they do in NY.

And if anyone is scrubbing to the point of damaging their skin with anything, it's too much lol! A washcloth is also a more efficient use of soap/bath gel/etc, at least in my experience. But I grew up using washcloths. And yes, we were poor so maybe they're onto something 😂

My bad. Don't know why I thought the skeleton and claws would transfer over too.

Anyway, that Chris Rock special was aight. I thought the same thing when I saw the hour live (as in, in person). I'm wondering if having seen it live is painting my perception of it now b/c I heard all the jokes except for a few. I didn't REALLY perk up until the very end when he got on the Will Smith situation (most of that was new).

10 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

My bad. Don't know why I thought the skeleton and claws would transfer over too.

Anyway, that Chris Rock special was aight. I thought the same thing when I saw the hour live (as in, in person). I'm wondering if having seen it live is painting my perception of it now b/c I heard all the jokes except for a few. I didn't REALLY perk up until the very end when he got on the Will Smith situation (most of that was new).

In the 1980s,  she touched him and only got healing and enhanced senses after taking a bullet from Viper.

After Magneto tore the metal from his bones in 1993, it was revealed that wolverine had bone claws originally and they were simply coated with metal (not installed by Weapon X scientists as most of us originally thought). Since then, Rogue has presumably got claws,healing, and enhanced senses from his touch.

There are panels showing her with bone claws attacking peeps. 

If I were to go back in time, and tell the kid version of me in the past that at this point I tried and am actually enjoying veggie pizzas....my past self would laugh and tell me to get the hell out here.  ...but man, I had another one today and it was awesome---it's another Target "Good & Gather" one.  I only bought 2 today; I should've got more.  So now I often get that and the "spinach & goat cheese" one.  

I have some parmesan/garlic seasoning so I always add a bit of that to them as well.

Edited by MillionX

There was a thing on History channel the other day about other areas that are like the Bermuda Triangle--- Nevada Triangle, Michigan Triangle, etc. etc.  I didn't realize there were other places like that where people and vehicles can just vanish for whatever reason....some of them never found, actually.  

They mentioned one wealthy guy that was a pilot that disappeared in the Nevada "Triangle", and the search was extensive...but they found wreckage of his plane about a year later....in a spot that was already searched previously.  I wondered/suspected if it is indeed a time/space warping effect going on with that---like what if someone flying in such an area were to disappear in a zone like that, right now; the afternoon of 3/05/2023.... for this person they are suddenly flying around on the afternoon of March 5, 2029 though, because they hit the "warp"....they crash on that afternoon in 2029.  Here in 2023, if we look at the same spot of land where this person crashed, nothing would be there...because they are gone from this moment in time.  They won't show up there crashing until 6 years from now....from our perspective.... but from the perspective of the person, they are indeed crashing "now" but for them it is 2029.

...then as always with time traveling situations, this opens up the question of alternate timelines.  Did the person in this example disappear from the timeline entirely then?  Say that right now in 2023, we are Timeline A....this person hit the "warpzone" so to speak and now they are in Timeline B....since that is a whole different thing, perhaps that is why they are truly gone from our world, and will never be found, even 6 years later since they are not part of this timeline anymore.  Maybe it's possible to even go backwards in the warp, and instead of 2029, it is "currently" 1981, Timeline B, when this person that took off in a plane from 2023 just crashed.  Of course this isn't even getting into the juicy "what if..?" with it possibly being a dimensional warp, and perhaps the missing person just slipped over to a variant like "Earth 2".