Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

42 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Anyone ever played that Red Earth game in the Capcom collection? Never even heard of it!

Is meh.

It only really has its graphics going for it.

Think of it as a boss rush 1p fighting game rpg hybrid, where the goal is to play against the cpu.

You have 4 playable characters to choose from, and a total of 8 characters to fight against.

Tessa and Leo come from the game

42038d2de498bdc90cf5a5cd3718d755.jpg

7bfd341cce3ce98e2f55de0e668d788e.jpg

478a7e35456b057f5d66291cbef447c6.jpg

c13bcd6b6a98a977a8bad9a30237d263.jpg

Those are the bosses

6ec5de787be4285ca91e15faca08accb.jpg

073becd1fcb44311dba997ec985a4a48.jpg

2942e68f291426788b6775884e701684.jpg

2e3e6a995e06383df3b46f544889099c.jpg

105f81a13b0ae72f9031a9a37fd6b330.jpg

1af4cb878542807b64c770ee10e4f271.jpg

e6e87e142ec5c0def5db7b9abac2b01a.jpg

f6c18b92f7be444bdcad798ad18e1dad.jpg

There was a versus mode, but you could only had the 4 playable characters to select from

Edited by Hecatom
49 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Anyone ever played that Red Earth game in the Capcom collection? Never even heard of it!

Played it at Galloping Ghosts last time. It’s interesting. Like Hecatom said, it’s more of a single player experience than a 1-on-1 fighting game. Has a pretty hefty (at the time) story along with two endings per character. The character you play as starts pretty basic but you gain more moves the further you play.

Could not tell you about versus mode though other than you can only use the four playable characters. Didn’t have anyone to play with me.

30 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

The more I watch the teaser the more hype I get.

I am turning around as well.

I was in a grumpy mood yesterday before that reveal, and I’ve since realized that I was in the mood to shit on anything that didn’t fit my narrow view of what I wanted to see.

Ryu and Luke look awesome quite honestly. It just wasn’t the art style I was hoping to see.

The art and colours that pop up around them near the end (seemingly like some type of super start-up) look good and give me hope.

I  like they’re developing Ryu into the hobo version, and that he’s wide whereas Luke is pretty thin. I felt like too many dudes in SFV had similar proportions.

The announcer sounded good too.

Logo is straight trash, but it’s likely a placeholder… I have a feeling this game is a bit further away than I was expecting.  It’s not definitely releasing before Q4 2022, and it’s probably a 2023 launch.

Edited by Mattatsu
46 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

It’s funny seeing all the ass blast on here about the teaser.

I'm not ass blasted. I'm looking at the SF6 "teaser" and comparing it to other stuff we've gotten. Based on that it's wack; I don't work for Capcom so I get to have my opinion as a consumer.

After that I gotta look at it based on what other companies have done. ArcSys straight out fixed a chunk of Strive in beta (from netcode to gameplay), SNK put out a bunch of then to tweak the netcode and the DNF one was so ridic fun with a netcode that was so good...thst it's day 1. Hell DNF Duel is day negative, possible spend money in the "Fuck Me Daddy" edition because of how much fun I had.

I put up with SF5 because I was a mod and I was a TO. Capcom wants this money, they better act like a company that gives a damn instead of assuming it's automatic.

I've got some insider info on SF6. Blanka will not be in the game...

...until the first DLC pack is released. Blanka will be mandatory DLC; if you don't purchase him, the game will lock you out of all online modes. 

That probably won't happen, but there's always a chance a Capcom representative is reading this and thinking "That's brilliant!" and the above will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. All of you are going to pay for Blanka, and you're going to like it.

Edited by Volta
8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Hope they reconsider the logo since people are making fun of it

People making fun of the logo is last of my concern tbh

True problem is that it break a stylistical continuity that SF logos had for decades, make guess what else they sacrified to look new/modern and please that imaginary ignorant western consumer that seem to obsess their minds

10 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I  like they’re developing Ryu into the hobo version, and that he’s wide whereas Luke is pretty thin. I felt like too many dudes in SFV had similar proportions.

Tbh give each character unique distinctive body proportions is probably one of SFV character design best merits

Btw Luke -at least in SFV- stats wise was supposed to be heavier guy than Ryu, 90kg vs 85kg (but he was also 10cm taller)

6 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It's less pathetic, but still pathetic

Problem is it's intentional

You can fix errors, but not the fact they're 100% on fuck the standard to sell that new shit is the new thing and you have to let go the past

Wich is bit worrying considering "the past" is why SFV survived, and the little i seen so far does'nt scream exactly absolute objective quality improvement

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Grain of salt, but...

Possible only because that whole foot thing animates weird AF. The way the ropes stretch when he grips the sandal is off.

Hopefully they fix Ryu's toes like they did Chun's face in MvCi. Them toes look fat instead of swole.

3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Grain of salt, but...

Not grain a salt to me. They were clearly in game models. Look at the poly counts on the protagonist of open world games. And those games have dedicate far more of the rendering budget to the environments and enemies. Fighting games can dump the bulk of their rendering budget into their character models. So there are typically only two high detail characters on screen at a time. Part of the thing that made Shenmue so impressive at the time is that you had near Virtua Fighter caliber models in an action game. Now their were caveats like 30fps and lower detail minor characters, but it was still impressive for the time.

With Ryu looking to get a new default look in SF6, I thought it would be fun to compare his and other fighting game protagonists looks throughout the years using official art.

Spoiler

IMG_1367.jpg

Since SF1, Ryu has had a pretty consistent design with each game having a small difference like 2 giving him brown hair and bare feet while in Alpha he has his white headband back. 

IMG_1368.jpg

With each arc that happens in KOF, Kyo would have a different outfit. 14’s design (second to last) was so hated that they gave him a new outfit in 15.

IMG_1370.jpg

While his Tekken 1 default was available in all games, Kazuya would have a different costume that would get just as much focus. Trading the wifebeater and jeans combo with several different suits.

IMG_1372.jpg
IMG_1376.png

Sol would retain his design throughout all the 2D Guilty Gears up with the inclusion of Order Sol finally giving him a different outfit. Sol would get another outfit in Overture, has a slightly redesigned classic look but with a beefier look in Xrd, and get another new costume in Strive.

IMG_1374.jpg

Dead or Alive being the type of game it is gives Kasumi a bunch of costumes, but her default look in many games was her blue kimono-esque costume. An alt in in the first Dead or Alive, it has been promoted to be her default costume in the sequel. Kasumi was given a new default in DOA6, a mostly black bodysuit.

Edited by BornWinner

I am really lucky sometimes, I ordered a Hori Fighting Edge PS4 stick marked as “used - acceptable”  (Amazon Warehouse’s lowest grade for the condition of returned items, which usually implies it has all kinds of cosmetic issues, but it still works).

It was listed at $160 CAD, as opposed to $270 CAD (which is the new price here).

Figured I’d take a stab at it and return it if it was too busted up.

It just got delivered and is factory-sealed in perfect condition. The cable compartment door was off and loose, so I suspect they heard something sliding around in the box and marked it low, but the door wasn’t in the bag the stick was in, so I assume it’s just shipped like that. The plastic clips were fine and it snapped it and works no problem. Fucking awesome.

I’ll need a few days to get myself re-acquainted to stick, so I probably won’t play games with you guys for a week or so, but I’m looking forward to it!

4 minutes ago, Volta said:

Poor KoF XV, its release is completely overshadowed by a meager SF6 trailer.

Not that I really care, half of the lame-ass cast looks like it was plucked straight from some budget Dance Dance Revolution knock-off. Do people really prefer characters such as Kula and Shun'ei over Kim Kaphwan and Hon-Fu? 

No one likes Shun'ei's design. I haven't seen anyone that, isn't trolling, say they like his look. I'm sure there are some people that legitimately like his look but they are in the minority. People do like Kula though. I like or dislike her but I'm leaning towards dislike lately. Her doing anything for ice cream has gotten old.

Oh and KOFXV is doing fine. It's consistently been a big draw on Twitch. I see a lot of people playing it. Will it last? Who knows but the netcode will help. They need to add crossplay though.