Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

27 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Fuck the TMNT, where my Biker Mice From Mars re-release? 

On a serious note, I could see that SNES TMNT fighter gettin a new lease on life if the netcode is good. I remember it being a pretty dope, competent fighting game back in the day 

SNES TMNT Tournament Fighters is crazy good. One of the best 16 bit fighters out there and personally one of my favorite fighters ever.

There game has definitive top tier (Raphael and Armaggon) but the game is fairly balanced for the most part. The only character that couldn’t initially hang was Asuka. Even then after the decades the game has been out people are finding tech for her to use against characters she has bad matches against 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Unfortunately it looks to be the Geneisis version which is traaaaash. 

As Stu said it's coming with different version of Tournament Fighters and its also coming with various versions of Turtles in Time including Hyperstone Heist.  From looking at the trailer if you're getting one version of the game then you're getting all.  I saw gameplay with 4 players for the Turtles in time so it looks like we're getting Arcade, SNES, and Genesis versions of the game.  Edit: I'm assuming it's at least the Arcade edition because I'm pretty sure you can't play 4 players for the SNES version or Hyperstone Heist.

Edited by Sonichuman

@SoneroIt's been a long while since I played JJASB but iirc initially the game had very low damage which was changed in balance patches, I remember doing fairly damaging combos with Bucciarati, Hol, Avdol and DIO. Jonathan had some decent stuff from taunt combos as did a few others. 

It's kinda tough to remember honestly since there were like 5-6 patches all fairly close together which all changed the game quite a bit, for one patch Diavolo had ground bounce loops to 100%

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

List of games in the TMNT Collection: 

* TMNT (Arcade)

* TMNT Turtles in Time (Arcade)

* TMNT (NES)

* TMNT II: The Arcade Game (NES)

* TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)

* TMNT: Tournament Fighters (NES)

* TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)

* TMNT: Tournament Fighters (SNES)

* TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (GEN)

* TMNT: Tournament Fighters (GEN)

* TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (GB)

* TMNT II: Back from the Sewers (GB)

* TMNT III: Radical Rescue (GB)

I wish that this collection had the games based on the 2K3 series. Those were the last Turtle games that Konami produced.

oh yeah, that TMNT collection is a must-have for me....and likely a double-dip since I must have a Switch version as well.

I'm really only interested in the Arcade and Turtles in Time games though...and actually the Gameboy game purely based on nostalgia; heh, I still have that cartridge....but yeah the arcade games are definitely the real Main Event here. 

I was thinking recently about getting the arcade 1up if I saw it in store again, but now we have this on the way.... BUT it would still be nice to have the a1up machine though... quite the "1st world problems" dilemma indeed 😞 

sheeeittttt, the original arcade's Shredder boss theme was and still is one of my favorite boss themes of all time:

Digital Eclipse is doing the TMNT collection, so while it may not be perfect (have crappy menus/UI and lobbies, possibly), at least the online games should have rollback and have a somewhat decent netcode… The SF30A netcode isn’t great, especially when playing randoms (though we don’t know distances and if they’re wired/wifi, etc), but games with people on here in NA and have always been ok.

Playing Horizon: FW and it's the one time where I thought there was going to be a boss battle, and it turned out to be a "race against time". I was both glad and disappointed 😂. The plan is to finish up the side quests today and wrap things up between today and tomorrow. 

Hate that there is no NG+ for this title. I have no desire to go back through this game in Aloy's vanilla state. I'm concerned that on harder difficulties, enemies will be "bullet-sponges". If anyone remembers GOW(2018), the game was not kind to level 1 -15 on "Give me God of War" difficulty. It shouldn't take you a minute to kill one of the pawns.  

22 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

In HZD the difficulties where we'll balanced for fresh Aloys, aside from the most extreme setting which was patched in with the NG+ Update as they where intended to be used together. 

Same will probably happen here. 

That's good to know. I'll probably still wait till they put in the NG+ though. I'm sure that some of the story elements that block progression will need to be triggered off to make it work. 

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm probably going to finish this game by hook or crook, but holy shit is Cuphead a tedious as hell game. Its not even type of challenging.

The only real trouble I had with the game were the Genie, the Mermaid, the ghost train and the robot.  The robot can suck a million dicks, that boss took me about a week straight of trying to S rank.

Edited by J-ride
1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I think its funny that you guys get extremely excited for shit like this tmnt collection.  You've all bought those games over the years, shit, you probably even have some on emulators.  But you still get incredibly excited to spend more money on the same old shit.  Suckers.  Y'all part of the reason why game shit is all kinda whacky. 

giphy.gif

Cuphead---yeah that brings back some recent memories...Dr. Kahl's Robot is one of the hardest bosses of all time.  I'd say Robot and the Green Dragon were the absolute toughest shit in the game.  I vaguely remember there was a bit of luck involved with the dragon....you're jumping from one little cloud to another while avoiding projectiles and his flame breath attack which stretches across the whole screen if I recall.  

lack of sleep was finally getting to me lately...after playing that 2nd character in Elden for a short time last night, I went to sleep..woke up then slept again.

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Cuphead---yeah that brings back some recent memories...Dr. Kahl's Robot is one of the hardest bosses of all time.  I'd say Robot and the Green Dragon were the absolute toughest shit in the game.  I vaguely remember there was a bit of luck involved with the dragon....you're jumping from one little cloud to another while avoiding projectiles and his flame breath attack which stretches across the whole screen if I recall.  

lack of sleep was finally getting to me lately...after playing that 2nd character in Elden for a short time last night, I went to sleep..woke up then slept again.

I keep trying Cuphead but I just cant get into it.  It feels stiff or something.  Maybe its just the way it looks that I dont like.  I dunno...feels like a cheep phone game.  Not a cheep one but...hmmm...I dunno.  Feels like it belongs on a phone.

24 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I think its funny that you guys get extremely excited for shit like this tmnt collection.  You've all bought those games over the years, shit, you probably even have some on emulators.  But you still get incredibly excited to spend more money on the same old shit.  Suckers.  Y'all part of the reason why game shit is all kinda whacky. 

You're not wrong.

That is the kind of thing I won't get personally but even if I did, I would probably play each game just to try it out and never go back to it.  But also, if I wanted to play any of those games right now, I could do so very easily.  And you would also realize that a lot of those games you think were good and have nostalgia for, aren't really that good at all.

Sometimes, having too many options like that is bad and makes it so you can't settle on just playing everything because you want to just see what the next one is like.  I had this problem big time when I was a huge pirate and had over 1300 PSX games.  I would never actually "play" a game.  I'd put it in the console, check it out for like 5-10 mins, and then go onto the next one.  I had a never ending supply of "the next one" since I had so many games.

43 minutes ago, J-ride said:

The only real trouble I had with the game were the Genie, the Mermaid, the ghost train and the robot.  The robot can suck a million dicks, that boss took me about a week straight of trying to S rank.

I've been annoyed at this game since I tried to shoot an enemy on the first stage and the bullet went through them.

So much stuff on the slmany of the things that can kill you look strangely samey. It's freaking weird when I'm dodging and viking on a bullet hell game but stuff happens in Cuphead that are hard to keep track of. I've blocked Zato mix ups that had more stuff going on in them than this game and those were still visually clearer.

I'm gonna do my best to finish this game, but I'll be happy never playing it again.

Why the hell do you keep playing the game if you dont like it?  I mean, I go back to it once or twice a year to see if maybe I might like it "now".  I never do.  But you keep playing it now and complaining and saying you're gonna finish it.  Why?  Are you trying to prove something to someone?  Just curious.  If I don't like a game I just don't play it. 

26 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Why the hell do you keep playing the game if you dont like it?  I mean, I go back to it once or twice a year to see if maybe I might like it "now".  I never do.  But you keep playing it now and complaining and saying you're gonna finish it.  Why?  Are you trying to prove something to someone?  Just curious.  If I don't like a game I just don't play it. 

It's a challenge at this point. I'm about halfway through so might as well do it to say I did.

The gameplay is pretty ho-hum so far. I'm not really sure why I have a parrym can't use it 90% of the time. Then the stuff you could Parry you gotta go out of your way to do it.

I've beaten/done some hard Video Game stuff. This one doesn't feel hard so much as random.  I'll get hit because some random enemy decides to behave in an erratic way and it's "welp" start over.

To be honest, the main selling point of the TMNT collection for me is Tournament Fighters and Turtles in Time with possible online play on PS4. 

I may run through Manhattan Project and the nes port of the first arcade game once for fun.  

There are relatively few TMNT games being sold in the last decade or so and most aren't good. I hope that by buying this and Shredders revenge (if it's good) that it will encourage Nick to fund more TMNT games.

I'd like to see it on PC some day too.  I'd like to try it, it looks fun.

Me and my lady were watching the video of Forespoken and I was wondering something.  It says its console exclusive for 2 years from the day of release.  So does that mean it wont be on PC till 2 years later or it just wont be on another console (xbox) till 2 years later and it'll be on PC same day as PS?