Q3 2023

Elden Ring: Barbarians of the Badlands

Tales of Ascension 

Tekken 8

Q4 2023

Code Vein 2

One Punch Man: Fighters Association 

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3

Three Dragon Ball games in one year? I can’t see them doing that.

43 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Three Dragon Ball games in one year? I can’t see them doing that.

I feel like Super is just going to be a “complete edition” of DBFZ and not an actual new game. 

and if the new games are on opposite sides of calendar (especially since games kf companies go by fiscal year which is March 31st 2023 to March 31st 2024) I can totally see it 

Edited by iStu X

I'd hope they fix the various problems with Code Vein, but I doubt they will... it was all around just quite a disappointment for me.  One thing is that the co-op was anything but enjoyable... some of the worst I've ever played since Fable 2's horrendous co-op, actually....like it was designed by someone who actually intended to sabotage the whole thing, removing anything that could've been fun, and making it as much of a chore as possible.  I also took issue with how the "revenants"/vampires didn't really seem like what they're supposed to be....at least not what I have in mind when I think of such beings.  Then on top of that, the difficulty was just ridiculous....and as if that wasn't enough, none of the DLC seemed to be worth a damn....it had nothing interesting to add to the game from what I remember, so I didn't even bother with it.  The only thing I really enjoyed with Code Vein was the customization.

Cyael is in preach mode again on Saint's Row, and it is glorious....and as you can see in the thumbnail, some fans figured out a work-around to give the player character the HUGE tits that the devs are apparently afraid of:

ha, but yeah... imagine---designing a new "Saint's Row" of all things....and going out of your way to avoid "punching down" and sanitizing things...more than likely omitting things like pimps and hos, and the purple dildo weapon, etc..  The absurdity of that very concept of a "cleaned up", "nicer" Saint's Row is hilarious to say the least, imo.

Edited by MillionX

I liked Code Vein but no one would co-op it with me so I played Solo. Seems I dodged a bullet there. Was about as hard as Dark Souls 3 for me. Helps they give you decently competent companions 24/7. Game would be a lot harder if you left them back at base, which you can do. I also don't mind the Vampirism thing being a rather weak element but i could see it being disappointing to someone who looked forward to that angle. I was just trying to scratch a Souls itch. 

Otherwise Combat was awesome, build verity was pretty wide and fun, and they have one of the best character creator systems. I look forward to Code Vein 2, but I do hope they improve on all their weaknesses for the sequel. I liked it but it was like a 6.5 on a real 10 point scale for me. Lots of room for improvement. 

Edit: Oh and yea the DLC was terrible. I bought the first one but that was it. Not worth it even remotely and man the unlocks for a lot of the DLC content was fucking stupid, like the beat the boss taking no damage. Fuck off. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

EYO...BAYO FANS ASSEMBLE

RELEASE DATE TRAILER BABBBBYYYYYY.

Edit:  They've done a ton of clean up from the last trailer.  Graphical fidelity is looking cleaner.  Framerate is looking cleaner.  Dat POLISH.  Dunno who the chick is with the big ass Katana but I love katana's so I'm IN.

There will also be a limited edition available at select retailers and the MyNintendo store that comes with a 200 page art book and special edition slip covers 

also also

Starting September 30th Bayonetta 1 will get a stand alone physical release at select retailers and the MyNintendo store. 

Extra

My wife and I have been playing the Quarry on and off when we get a chance on the PS4 aaaand maaaaaannn...There have been multiple times where I've had to exclaim "Who wrote this script?!".  There some painful awkward cringe in this game but definitely feels like it takes after Until Dawn but worse.  There are times the game looks solid graphically and then other times it looks like shit to my eyes.  I don't know if I just don't like an implementation of a filter (likely) but sometimes this game looks like someone smeared grease over my TV.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Bayo 3 will have a toggle to have characters be more modest if you want

Glad its a choice.

This feature has been pretty nice in CyberPunk whenever my GFs grandaughter is around. Shes only 6 and its just titties, but nice not even having to deal with it and side stepping what amounts to just a visual issue that could cause an argument, so its smart to do it here, tho you've kinda always been able to do this with the Alt Costumes.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Not a fan of Viola's design

I'm sure its not gonna vibe well for most especially because her style kinda brings up certain types of women (someone brought up Froskurinn which made me laugh when I saw the quote and made me chuckle again seeing your dislike) and being honest here I can take it or leave her design but I'm hoping she's cool. 

Saw a comment on Youtube call her Bayonetta's Nero and its kinda hard to argue with that, but i think she looks cool overall. I like her giant oversized Katana/Nodachi weapon, big summonable stuffed cat toy seems more like a gag then anything, but then almost everything in Bayonetta is a gag so...I dunno she seems cool enough from the trailers for me.

Honestly its Jeanne whose new look im not vibing with. Strikes me as very......70's.

I hope they continue the trend of bringing back the looks from the previous games as costumes.

7 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm sure its not gonna vibe well for most especially because her style kinda brings up certain types of women (someone brought up Froskurinn which made me laugh when I saw the quote and made me chuckle again seeing your dislike) and being honest here I can take it or leave her design but I'm hoping she's cool. 

Yeah, in part.

But is that game wise it this kind of design usually ends in certain type of character that ends being kind of obnoxious, at least from the trailer, she doesn't seem t have the personality type usually associated with the design, which gives me hope that she wouldn't be annoying.

Another thing is that she feels that clashes with the other chars in some way, but given the more scifi stuff going around this time, I can see why she was designed like that

Saying that, dunno why, but I kind of feel that she could end feeling like a lamer version Nero, 😅

I know that until DMC5 not many people liked him, and Viola feels like she would be received even less favorable than Nero on 4, lol.

9 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

I actually like tomb raider very much and can't wait to see how the next one is gonna be now that the franchise is free from the awful grip of square enix. No more blaming Tomb Raider for squares problems.

Agreed, we had discussion on how it will be nice for Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, and etc. to be free of Square. The fact that Square practically gave them away adds to their failure. Rare was sold to MS for 375 million dollars....20 years ago. Getting only $300 million dollars for Crystal Dynamics and Eidos in 2022 is laughable. 

What is it about Bayonetta that people like so much? I think I have the second one for Wii U but I never really played it. It might have actually come with the first one, too. I'm not really all that familiar with the games so I don't get the hype, but that comes from a place of ignorance on my part.

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What is it about Bayonetta that people like so much? I think I have the second one for Wii U but I never really played it. It might have actually come with the first one, too. I'm not really all that familiar with the games so I don't get the hype, but that comes from a place of ignorance on my part.

Very Over the top heavily combo based action game with a cute girl. Funny dialogue and really well designed characters. 

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Pretty much  what Stu said.  The combo system and combat in generally is really well designed and its kind of Kamiya taking the DMC formula and coming at it from a different angle where DMC is more aggressive leaning, Bayo has the aggression but the core mechanic is more defensive.  The story is popcorn.   You can follow it but because there's time travel shenanigans in both games, trying to go to deep into it is going to make your head hurt.  Much like DMC when you've played the game enough you can really push the mechanics to the limit and be a boss.  If you haven't played them and you like character action games then Bayo is one of the best out there.

And you don't even really have to be boss in the game if you don't want to with the different difficulty setting, you get as much out of the game as you put into it.