Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Did any of the Resident Evil movies ever do good?  Like, I guess they did good enough to keep makin' them but I'm pretty sure always reading people hating on those movies?  To bad the series aint going so well.

Guess I hit a nerve with my comment on anime.  I see that the anime addicted folk answered angrily, takin' what I said as an insult.  If you get insulted by that maybe it is time for you to move on from such things.  I just figured by now you mofos would have grown outta that shit.  I did.  Just about every one of my friends did.  Figured y'all mofos would have by now as well.  /shrug  big fuckin' deal

56 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Did any of the Resident Evil movies ever do good?  Like, I guess they did good enough to keep makin' them but I'm pretty sure always reading people hating on those movies?  To bad the series aint going so well.

Guess I hit a nerve with my comment on anime.  I see that the anime addicted folk answered angrily, takin' what I said as an insult.  If you get insulted by that maybe it is time for you to move on from such things.  I just figured by now you mofos would have grown outta that shit.  I did.  Just about every one of my friends did.  Figured y'all mofos would have by now as well.  /shrug  big fuckin' deal

It's not really being insulted, it just makes no sense that you'd say that.

There are people that say the same thing about any hobby that people want to look down on and it's just as irrelevant of an argument.

26 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Define "Do good".  The original RE Milla movies actually did really well financially to varying degrees thus why so many were made.  In terms of critical though...I think only the first 2 movies are anywhere near the good/decent mark and the average thoughts on the others are they're not that great.  There's some interesting things here and there...Like Wesker was actually done pretty well but the movies really did their own timeline with Alice at the center while incorporating elements of the franchise ( more so than the recent show actually) .  The only movie that tried to be scary was RE1 and then everything went action horror afterwards.

In terms of your extremely ignorant comment regarding anime, I was just going to give you a thumbs down and keep it moving cause your thought process is so archaic and the fact that you don't think it is while on a forum talking about games is baffling to be quite frank.  That thought process is a problem going on with animation as a whole and it's the same thing that comics and games have gone through and are still going through to a lesser degree today.  This line of thinking is in the same camp as someone who looks at Borderlands, sees that its cel shaded, and immediately thinks it's a kids game.

Oh I dont care about the thumbs down.  I never even pay attention to the thumbs up or whatever.  I'm just speakin' whats on my mind since you guys started talkin' about cartoons and shit. 

I think you would only find what I say is a "stupid hot take"  or an "ignorant comment" cause you yourself haven't grown up completely.  Nothing wrong with that.  Well, other than you guys being passive aggressive.  But I've grown use to that from most of you.  I have kids so dealing with that kinda stuff is pretty easy.🤣

Anyhow, anyone pick of Stray? 

11 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Oh I dont care about the thumbs down.  I never even pay attention to the thumbs up or whatever.  I'm just speakin' whats on my mind since you guys started talkin' about cartoons and shit. 

I think you would only find what I say is a "stupid hot take"  or an "ignorant comment" cause you yourself haven't grown up completely.  Nothing wrong with that.  Well, other than you guys being passive aggressive.  But I've grown use to that from most of you.  I have kids so dealing with that kinda stuff is pretty easy.🤣

Anyhow, anyone pick of Stray? 

It's not even being passive aggressive.  We're straight up telling you that your thought process is shit.

If anything your need to constantly reassert your maturity level shows a great deal of immaturity. Knowing what we know of your history with your family, marriage, and drug abuse, you're really in no position to tell anyone anything about maturity. Why don't you stick to talking about games instead of making character judgments. You also continue to misuse the term passive aggressive, You clearly have no idea what it means. No ones been passive with you on this subject. They all are telling you you're stupid quite plainly and in the open.

No i haven't bothered with Stray.

Edited by RSG3

Here's a hot take:

If Sony had released Horizon Forbidden West, as it is in its current form, right now instead of dropping it right in the middle of the hype from Elden Ring, it would have done much better sales. Especially after the recent patch that cleaned up the performance and fidelity of the game. After the fervor of Elden Ring died down, HFW would have been the perfect summer blockbuster. And coming from the Elden Ring's inferior performance, it would have have a much bigger impact. 

That said, Elden Ring will most certainly win GOTY. Despite its performance issues, its one of the coolest fucking games I've ever played. And I'm still very early.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Here's a hot take:

If Sony had released Horizon Forbidden West, as it is in its current form, right now instead of dropping it right in the middle of the hype from Elden Ring, it would have done much better sales. Especially after the recent patch that cleaned up the performance and fidelity of the game. After the fervor of Elden Ring died down, HFW would have been the perfect summer blockbuster. And coming from the Elden Ring's inferior performance, it would have have a much bigger impact. 

That said, Elden Ring will most certainly win GOTY. Despite its performance issues, its one of the coolest fucking games I've ever played. And I'm still very early.

Elden Ring still has Dad of War Ragnarok challenge it this year so we'll see if it can steal any of its thunder this year.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Elden Ring still has Dad of War Ragnarok challenge it this year so we'll see if it can steal any of its thunder this year.

Elden Ring broke a lot of conventions of open world games that made it feel fresh for a lot of people that are tired of how same~y.

Outside the story, I am almost sure that Dad of Boy Ragnarok wouldn't change much gameplaywise, and because of that, I think Elden Ring almost have it on the bag.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Will Dadnarok be a contender for 2022 or 2023, since it releases in November? My take was working under the assumption that it wouldn't be included in this year's games.

Edit: I just checked and the cutoff date for 2021 consideration was November 19. GOW releases on November 9, so it likely meets the deadline. Yeah, that could definitely change things. But Elden Ring is fucking sick, so it's gonna be a tall order. We'll see if Kratos is up to the challenge.

Edited by Chadouken
8 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Did the Resident Evil show have Lady Triple D in it? 👀

No but supposedly the showrunner says that if they get to do more seasons that may be something that could be touched on.  They're going to try to put more characters and stuff from the game later but this is definitely a counting chickens before they hatch situation.

Edited by Sonichuman

"Instead of using the characters people actually want to see I'm gonna use my OC (please don't steal) and if you guys like them enough maaaaaybe I'll give you the characters you actually want to see...maybe. 

Ah I'm just kidding of course I'll use old characters. I'd like to introduce you to Alice! You remember her right? Fan favorite right there. "

Edited by RSG3

Ok yeah there's no way they keep these changes in effect for the upcoming Diablo 3 season...  in a game where the characters are all notoriously op, this latest PTR has cranked things up to absolute insanity...some things are definitely getting toned down... Wizard and Necromancer at the very least:

3 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

It may be free to play when it comes out but it isnt free to play right now in open beta.

RniiaUZ.png

You have to pay for it.

kHLNFTm.png

Its fun to watch you guys try to be...you know nevermind.

We aren't trying to be anything.  Its weird that in order to play their F2P game that they ask for you to preorder it.   You can take the stakes out of your hands.

Edited by Sonichuman
35 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

It may be free to play when it comes out but it isnt free to play right now in open beta.

RniiaUZ.png

You have to pay for it.

kHLNFTm.png

Its fun to watch you guys try to be...you know nevermind.

I was able to get in through a Twitch drop and continue through there. We’re you able to get early access? If not, then you have to either watch someone streaming it to claim a code or buy the founders pack to get early access. 

If you don’t want to do neither, then wait until the 26th.

I decided to explore a bit more before going through Stormveil. I checked out some caves and shit, found Patches in one. He was in Demons Souls, too.

I also found these tunnels and started exploring them, but there are these fucks in it that do a lot of damage. I managed to beat them all, and find a lift to go down. Halfway down there was another tunnel but you have to jump off the lift. So I did, only to realize there's no way back up unless you fight the boss. Fuck, I had half a health bar left, no flasks, and a bunch of runes. God dammit. So I went in the boss room and it's a big fucking troll who stomps the shit out of me of course, and I'm thinking I just lost all those fucking runes because I didn't feel like going all the way back down there again to get them.

I had forgotten about the 'Murica statues. Turns out one was right before the boss room so I was able to spawn there and go fuck him up. Mission accomplished.

Later on I somehow got teleported to the beastial  thingy. The place is all red and there's a big mean fucker on the steps standing still. There's also these little leprechaun looking fuckwads who are basically free if you're riding your goat. They give you 1k runes per kill so I grinded out till level 40. Gonna go back to Stormveil tonight.

Edited by Chadouken
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

Why can't anyone get RE right show/movie wise? 

You can actually use a few different old sayings to explain that.

The old favorites being 'Too many cooks' and 'Not being able to reinvent the wheel' where you have a preset story but some would be creative executives who figured they got the best plan to make it 'better'. 

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Why can't anyone get RE right show/movie wise? 

Is simple, many "creatives" see established ips as vehicles for their ideas that they couldn't get off the ground.

Just look at Halo, which was turned into a generic scifi story with the generic is the establishment that is the true evil, like what they did with GitS movie.

So far, I think the only live action adaptation that is unanimously considered an improvement over the source material is The Boys, but that is because the original comic kind of sucked.

13 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Is simple, many "creatives" see established ips as vehicles for their ideas that they couldn't get off the ground.

Just look at Halo, which was turned into a generic scifi story with the generic is the establishment that is the true evil, like what they did with GitS movie.

So far, I think the only live action adaptation that is unanimously considered an improvement over the source material is The Boys, but that is because the original comic kind of sucked.

I mean I kind of knew the answer but I still baffles me that success has been shown that maintaining a decent faithfulness to source material yields more viewers and trust in the quality of the show/movie.