Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Naughty Dog doing damage control over all the leaked footage that allegedly shows that no gameplay changes are happening in the remake despite what ND has stated 

Considering the content of the video and the interviews put forth along with having to edit, it just feels pretty coincidental that this video released today shortly after that leaked footage.  This video was probably in the works for awhile and the leaks might have just influenced them to release sooner rather than later.  Game looks nice in the video and they actually do a pretty good job showing the differences made but it's still a tall ask for 70 dollars on a game just becoming 9 years old.

15 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Considering the content of the video and the interviews put forth along with having to edit, it just feels pretty coincidental that this video released today shortly after that leaked footage.  This video was probably in the works for awhile and the leaks might have just influenced them to release sooner rather than later.  Game looks nice in the video and they actually do a pretty good job showing the differences made but it's still a tall ask for 70 dollars on a game just becoming 9 years old.

Im not interested in it for the price they’re asking. Bargain bin purchase for me for sure 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I never even realized that the Transformers Devastation came out on Steam.  I've had it on my PS3 forever but just haven't played it.  I dont like playing games on that thing.  But I was able to get a hold of a Steam copy and I'll finally get to play it.

Glad that I settled for the PS4 version. Mentioning that you hate playing titles on the PS3; I really wish that I was able to play War for/ Fall of Cybertron on my PS5. Those two games were top tier Transformers stories with a really solid game play experience wrapped around it. 

1 minute ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Glad that I settled for the PS4 version. Mentioning that you hate playing titles on the PS3; I really wish that I was able to play War for/ Fall of Cybertron on my PS5. Those two games were top tier Transformers stories with a really solid game play experience wrapped around it. 

Its not that I dont like the games on that system I just dont like playing on it at all.  We mostly use it to watch shows and shit and its hooked to our main tv in the living room so I just dont like to use it for gaming anymore.  PS3 is a great system.  Guys in discord were talkin' about those other games (fall of cybertron and such) and I never played those.  Too bad those are only on PS3.  If I ever get another PS3 (gotta be same model I have now) I'll definitely check those out.  They're suppose to be really good games.

4 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Its not that I dont like the games on that system I just dont like playing on it at all.  We mostly use it to watch shows and shit and its hooked to our main tv in the living room so I just dont like to use it for gaming anymore.  PS3 is a great system.  Guys in discord were talkin' about those other games (fall of cybertron and such) and I never played those.  Too bad those are only on PS3.  If I ever get another PS3 (gotta be same model I have now) I'll definitely check those out.  They're suppose to be really good games.

Ah. It is a great system, but since I've moved over to my PS5, the PS4 collects dust and the PS3 is only there for three games:

• Metal Gear Rising
  • Transformers: War for Cybertron
  • Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

If you do have a chance to play those two games, they are definitely worth it. 

53 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'm glad I managed to get War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron on Steam before the games got delisted. Those games and Transformers Prime made me a fan again. I wish High Moon wasn't in CoD jail to give us another game.

@SonichumanSo I'm not all that plugged into the Sonic Fangame community....like at all, but this came across my feed and man........I think it looks pretty fuckin sick. It's called Sonic & the Fallen Star. 

And here is the Devs Webpage where you can find the game.

https://stardropsmh.github.io/sonic-and-the-fallen-star/index.html

Man even the OST is on there for download.

Edited by RSG3

Damn... Transformers Devastation would've been awesome on Steam Deck for sure... just at the mention of it in this thread I went searching immediately.  I didn't know it was on there and got delisted some years ago.  I found this discussion thread from December 2017! 😞 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/338930/discussions/0/1620599015885668647/

Fortunately for me I already had the game on Xbox when it came out...of course it was a day 1 buy for me.  G1 Transformers will always be the real deal for me... I can't settle for less.  I see anything and everything else as the cheap "Great Value", off-brand bootleg bullshit.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@SonichumanSo I'm not all that plugged into the Sonic Fangame community....like at all, but this came across my feed and man........I think it looks pretty fuckin sick. It's called Sonic & the Fallen Star. 

And here is the Devs Webpage where you can find the game.

https://stardropsmh.github.io/sonic-and-the-fallen-star/index.html

Man even the OST is on there for download.

I'm aware of it.  It showed up in my youtube feed about a month ago I think.  Sonic fangame community have a lot of stuff out there thats interesting and pretty competent on the 2D side and the experiments they've done in 3D have yielded some interesting results. 

Lebron is voiced by Barret from FF7 remake

As funny as it would’ve been to had the real deal, this is for the best. James would’ve been more expensive than anyone in the cast, difficult to get (which is especially not good since there would need to be multiple sessions for banter with any additional characters), and he’s not an actor in the first place.

40 minutes ago, J-ride said:

This guy went through an anime villian redemption arc in real life.

What is funny is that most of the "villain" side was mostly a optic from the side of the public.

There were a lot of stuff that kind of fucked them over.

Their offices were flooded while developing the game for example.

What people thought it was Sean lying, was mostly him being an introvert pushed into the forefront and the media hyping the game beyond what he said.

They certainly made some mistakes, perhaps born on a bit over confidence in what they could deliver or subestimating how difficult/time comsuming would be to implement stuff that they thought they could add on the game.

The Internet Historian did a great video on the subject some time ago.

Edited by Hecatom
20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Fran is best girl. Too bad she’s the worst character in the game. 😂

While true, it's also Final Fantasy and Best in Slot honestly doesn't matter that much really. She's plenty viable as a team member, I always have Fran on my team and do just fine. 

She truly is best girl even with worst stats. It's pretty disappointing SE had 2 opportunities to "fix" her and they just didn't bother at all. Oh well, like I said doesn't really matter that much.  

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

While true, it's also Final Fantasy and Best in Slot honestly doesn't matter that much really. She's plenty viable as a team member, I always have Fran on my team and do just fine. 

She truly is best girl even with worst stats. It's pretty disappointing SE had 2 opportunities to "fix" her and they just didn't bother at all. Oh well, like I said doesn't really matter that much.  

If it serves as a consolation, she was fixed on the manga, where she has super speed that can seem as teleportation at times and her claws are imbued with frost magic.

I'm up to 8/10 bosses in Cuphead DLC and I only have one boss until Saltshaker.  IMO Esther Winchester is the hardest boss just because of the sheer amount of shit on the screen.  I found the final form much easier if you just stay above the sausage links.

Edited by J-ride

Got a notice from Gamestop that says they're going to have PS5 bundles tomorrow for pro members

Bundle 1

PS5 console, PS5, Dual Sense Controller Galactic Purple, Elden Ring, $75 GS gift card

Bundle 2

PS5 Horizon Forbidden West Console, PS5 DualSense Controller Galactic Purple, Far Cry 6, $75 GS Card

Figured I'd throw this out there for those looking for a PS5