Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The algorithm blessed me with footage of a Matrix mod for Sifu. 

Dear gaming gods....please just give me real Matrix game for the current gen consoles.  I want a better more realized version of Path of Neo with the tech used in that Matrix demo.  Pleeeeeeeaaassee!  Hell I'll take a REAL John Wick game and be satisfied for a minute.

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Dear gaming gods....please just give me real Matrix game for the current gen consoles.  I want a better more realized version of Path of Neo with the tech used in that Matrix demo.  Pleeeeeeeaaassee!  Hell I'll take a REAL John Wick game and be satisfied for a minute.

Path of Neo was good for when it was made. I would certainly be ok revisiting the game. With John Wick,  depending on how the movie wraps up, a game is a really good way to create a prequel story. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Man, I fucking suck. I haven't even tried Godrick yet since I keep getting bodied by the big knights in Stormveil. I have the grace open before the Godrick fight, but I think I need to go back to Limgrave and git gudder before taking him on. I feel like every battle I get in I get fucked up. Even with the smaller soldiers sometimes. Can't get the guard counter to work. Every time I guard an attack and try to counter with low attack I get hit and fucked the fuck up.

Edited by Chadouken
22 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Path of Neo was good for when it was made. I would certainly be ok revisiting the game. With John Wick,  depending on how the movie wraps up, a game is a really good way to create a prequel story. 

A prequel for John Wick where you play through his rise to notoriety and what he had to do to get out?  That sounds GOLD.    Sounds like a game that makes itself.  Doesn't even need to be super deep.  Play through up until he gets his moniker of the Boogeyman and them show his relationship growing with his future wife and his motivations for getting out.  And have the last mission be the magnum opus of the game cause I'd love to see/play that noodle incident.

26 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Man, I fucking suck. I haven't even tried Godrick yet since I keep getting bodied by the big knights in Stormveil. I have the grace open before the Godrick fight, but I think I need to go back to Limgrave and git gudder before taking him on. I feel like every battle I get in I get ducked up. Even with the smaller soldiers sometimes. Can't get the guard counter to work. Every time I guard an attack and try to counter with vlow attack I get hit and fucked the fuck up.

Oh I definitely remember the knights in Stormveil.  Those were the first "normal" enemies I remember that were a huge step up from other regular enemies you fight.  It took a LOT of attempts before I even killed just one of those guys for the first time, actually.  There were some times when I was just trying to run past them since they were that much of a problem. 

Heh, yeah this is how that game rolls, folks----some regular enemies are about the equivalent of "boss-level" difficulty enemies in other games.

Godrick though... that guy was actually less difficult than Margit, imo.  Part of the reason is that you can get this female warrior summon to help out....and of course you can have your own summons like the wolf spirits in addition to that.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

A prequel for John Wick where you play through his rise to notoriety and what he had to do to get out?  That sounds GOLD.    Sounds like a game that makes itself.  Doesn't even need to be super deep.  Play through up until he gets his moniker of the Boogeyman and them show his relationship growing with his future wife and his motivations for getting out.  And have the last mission be the magnum opus of the game cause I'd love to see/play that noodle incident.

They actually tried this a while ago via comic book but the comic book suuuuuucked. They cancelled it after five issues. 

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Apparently there’s a black Panther game in development. Jeff Grubb will be talking about it on the giant bomb podcast tomorrow morning.

I’m betting this is the untitled Marvel game Amy Hennig has been working on. 

If it's not linked to the movies and they actually take the time to make it and not rush it, then I'm all ears.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Have they even shown of Spiderman for the Avengers game yet? 😂

Naw man, they never give Peter any shine. It's just not fair, playing second fiddle to these....these...Midnight Sons fools. Over played heroes if you ask me. Should step aside and let lesser known heroes like Spidrrman have a chance. 

Stu's such a loser, always stanning for big names like Midnight Sons while kicking down heroe's like Peter. Next he's gonna say they should make room for Condiment King while pushing side a big unknown like Batman. He's such a hater. 

I think Spidermans been out for Avengers for a while now to answer seriously. He didn't help the game much. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

They actually tried this a while ago via comic book but the comic book suuuuuucked. They cancelled it after five issues. 

Yeah, the problem is that the people they brought for the comic didn't understand the appeal of the series, and how to translate it into comics.

People really still on that "Nintendo is for kids" narrative

https://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-creator-says-nintendo-never-asked-to-make-the-series-less-risque/

This is the 2nd time Kamiya came out and had to say Nintendo didn't tell them to tone down anything with Bayo.  Again Nintendo actually told them to do the Link and Peach costumes and approved them.  They even said that the Link costume was too modest for her when they first brought the design to them.  Come on now.

Edited by Sonichuman
21 hours ago, J-ride said:

I beat the Cuphead DLC and I scored S on one level and there is absolutely no way I am going to S rank a couple of the DLC fights.  All I have left is to score an A rank on the final boss and I have all the achievements for the game.  I tried expert difficulty for the final boss and it is absolute madness.

Spoiler

Did you do the secret boss?

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I finished Elden Ring and got the age of the stars ending. 

Bad ass. I didn't know there were different endings. I'm still fucking around in Limgrave, at the Crucible Knite Evergaol. Got him to second phase but he fucked me up. I'm starting to experiment with the Ashes of War a bit more, trying to find something that works for me. Shit's tough.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Bad ass. I didn't know there were different endings. I'm still fucking around in Limgrave, at the Crucible Knite Evergaol. Got him to second phase but he fucked me up. I'm starting to experiment with the Ashes of War a bit more, trying to find something that works for me. Shit's tough.

Don’t worry about going through the main bosses. Just take your time, get your build going and enjoy exploring. I basically did the same as you and explored Limgrave for dozens of hours. Once I beat the first two main bosses, it felt like the game started to go by quickly with boss after boss falling. 

On a related note, what is everyone’s favorite From Soft game? I’ve only played Demon’s Souls, DS1, DS3, Elden and Bloodborne. I tried Sekiro, but I didn’t enjoy the battle system and couldn’t get the hang of it. In the end, I still enjoyed Bloodborne the most. Absolutely loved that setting, the trick weapons and the parrying. 

3 hours ago, JGreen said:

Don’t worry about going through the main bosses. Just take your time, get your build going and enjoy exploring. I basically did the same as you and explored Limgrave for dozens of hours. Once I beat the first two main bosses, it felt like the game started to go by quickly with boss after boss falling. 

On a related note, what is everyone’s favorite From Soft game? I’ve only played Demon’s Souls, DS1, DS3, Elden and Bloodborne. I tried Sekiro, but I didn’t enjoy the battle system and couldn’t get the hang of it. In the end, I still enjoyed Bloodborne the most. Absolutely loved that setting, the trick weapons and the parrying. 

Sekiro followed by Bloodborne. Sekiro for the gameplay, Bloodborne for the atmosphere.

I've only played a little of Sekiro at a friend's house but it was a great first impression... I'll eventually get that.  I played Demon's Souls when it was originally released, Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring and I got started on Bloodborne a few months ago.  Elden Ring easily became one of my favorite games of all time, and right from the start I'm loving Bloodborne's setting and general aesthetic....these will likely end up being my top 2 of that family of games.

5 hours ago, JGreen said:

Sekiro followed by Bloodborne.